• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

meijiko

So, this may be slightly off topic, but I thought I'd share with you guys anyway. My husband came home with $1600 worth of IKEA furniture last night, so we can finally get started working on our collection room. We started it a little before, but it quickly became apparent that we simply didn't have enough furniture. So things got boxed up and stored away.

We collect all kinds of stuff, mostly video game memorabilia. We have a pretty significant Pokemon collection, as well as Zelda, Mario, SotC, Final Fantasy, and some others.

We've also got quite a few anime figures, and my personal collection involves a significant amount of Cardcaptor Sakura items. There's some Disney stuff too, though not much. And LEGO sets, mostly Star Wars at this point.

Anyway, here's what we're starting with:

JVhJeYS.jpg

d26kFQ4.jpg

It's a mess, haha. It looks like hoarders level shit right now, but that's ok. Adds to the fun of it.

My first goal is to get most of this shit out of here, including the pokemon plush shelf. I'd say about 90% of the boxes contain collection-related items, so it's going to be fun digging through this stuff later.

Anony

So, this may be slightly off topic, but I thought I'd share with you guys anyway. My husband came home with $1600 worth of IKEA furniture last night, so we can finally get started working on our collection room. We started it a little before, but it quickly became apparent that we simply didn't have enough furniture. So things got boxed up and stored away.

We collect all kinds of stuff, mostly video game memorabilia. We have a pretty significant Pokemon collection, as well as Zelda, Mario, SotC, Final Fantasy, and some others.

We've also got quite a few anime figures, and my personal collection involves a significant amount of Cardcaptor Sakura items. There's some Disney stuff too, though not much. And LEGO sets, mostly Star Wars at this point.

JVhJeYS.jpg

d26kFQ4.jpg

It's a mess, haha. It looks like hoarders level shit right now, but that's ok. Adds to the fun of it.

My first goal is to get most of this shit out of here, including the pokemon plush shelf. I'd say about 90% of the boxes contain collection-related items, so it's going to be fun digging through this stuff later.

so much stuff
nice madoka fig i see in the corner

for realz, keep us updated! I'd love to see progression pics

JVhJeYS.jpg

d26kFQ4.jpg

Definitely keep us in the loop on how it goes!

JVhJeYS.jpg

d26kFQ4.jpg

Lol random j list bag :)

Nudull

Banned

JVhJeYS.jpg

d26kFQ4.jpg

How does this thread continue to tempt me into returning to the sweet, plastic drugs? XD

Really though, good luck with the collection, hope it works out well and all.

LiK

finally opened up my REX figure. but i have an issue. i unscrewed the battery compartment under the head but it won't come off. do i need to exert a lot of force to get the battery cover off? really annoying.

Edit: nm, got it off. What a pain.

sky

Displaying collections is an interesting topic, almost worthy of a spin-off discussion.
It's interesting to see peoples' setups, as well as thoughts on which display units are best... from bargain stuff all the way to high end.
As well as "lessons learned" from those who have created large collections such as yours...

LiK

To fellow Rex owners, the light up features are cool but I suggest displaying without batteries so the rail gun will not droop. I took the batteries outta the head too.

XOF

Neo Member
To fellow Rex owners, the light up features are cool but I suggest displaying without batteries so the rail gun will not droop. I took the batteries outta the head too.

That doesn't sound too good, but there's no need to have it lit up 24/7 anyway (I've got a couple of powered display models that I never power on).

So incredibly jealous of all you REX owners out there. I'm fairly pleased with my Metal Gear figure collection, but it isn't complete without REX. I really missed the boat on that one.

LiK

That doesn't sound too good, but there's no need to have it lit up 24/7 anyway (I've got a couple of powered display models that I never power on).

So incredibly jealous of all you REX owners out there. I'm fairly pleased with my Metal Gear figure collection, but it isn't complete without REX. I really missed the boat on that one.

The light up gun is more awesome than I expected. It's actually animated the way it powers up and fires. I'll post a video for it soon.

Here's the video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ6uGCU9biQ

XOF

Neo Member
The light up gun is more awesome than I expected. It's actually animated the way it powers up and fires. I'll post a video for it soon.

Please do, that sounds super cool.

Speaking of Metal Gear, since I haven't been paying too much attention lately, does the Metal Gear RAY by ThreeA still have as little information on it as before (i.e. none)? I don't know if I'm ready for it as I still have to track down a REX, but I'd love to see a painted version of the prototype that was circulating a while back.

EDIT: Whoa, that is amazingly cool, especially as we don't ever get to see it fired in-game.

NEO0MJ

You can still pick up the model kit version by kotobukiya.

Speaking of Metal Gear, since I haven't been paying too much attention lately, does the Metal Gear RAY by ThreeA still have as little information on it as before (i.e. none)? I don't know if I'm ready for it as I still have to track down a REX, but I'd love to see a painted version of the prototype that was circulating a while back.

EDIT: Whoa, that is amazingly cool, especially as we don't ever get to see it fired in-game.

Just that prototype for now. And we do see the rail gun getting fired in MGS4
by Outer Haven.

Fantomex

Hey guys on average how much is shipping from ani ami to the west coast United States? Wanted to preorder the play arts Raiden figure.

johnsmith

remember me
Registered sal is a waste of money, its not any faster than unregistered, and the tracking is awful. I ordered something on 12/19, and the last update before delivery on 1/22 was on 12/22, in Japan.

Kyou

Hey guys, junior here. Saw this thread and thought I would post some pictures of my stuff. After skimming through the thread, I doubt that my (crappy) pictures or my collection can match up to the stuff that you guys have.
Again, sorry about the quality (and the clutter), I just took a few quick pics with my cell.
my girlfriend is insisting to know where you got that awesome Metroid perler thing

XOF

Neo Member
You can still pick up the model kit version by kotobukiya.

I was thinking of picking up the Kotobukiya kit, but I don't have the patience for kits lately. It's super tempting, though. Probably a silly question, but are there ever going to be any more runs of the ThreeA version, or is it all done?

Just that prototype for now. And we do see the rail gun getting fired in MGS4
by Outer Haven.

Did we actually see it fired, or just charge up to the brink of firing?
Damn, I could be wrong, I've got to re-watch the microwave hall scene.

I'm gonna post up some photos of my collection later and actually contribute to this wonderful thread for once.

I think the rerelease does not include the classic perverted Woody face, though.

WHAT?! that would be .... oh my ... I hope this is not true

today I recieved woody from HLJ and i can confirm that this re-re-re-release has in fact still the perverted face in it :) just make sure you get the version with the binoculars and not the alien!

this is Revoltech Woody

woody4irwv.jpg

and this is the mighty Figma Link ;)

link0opf5.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
Yeah, apparently the one numbered 005 doesn't have the Pervy face. That one was released in 03/12, and I didn't realize the original one got a rerelease. Confusing things even more, the original one is numbered 010, so I don't know what's up with that. I would assume the numbers would increase as they released new figures.

NEO0MJ

I was thinking of picking up the Kotobukiya kit, but I don't have the patience for kits lately. It's super tempting, though. Probably a silly question, but are there ever going to be any more runs of the ThreeA version, or is it all done?

3A almost never makes another run of their figures. Did you check sideshow or any other store if they have it?

Did we actually see it fired, or just charge up to the brink of firing?
Damn, I could be wrong, I've got to re-watch the microwave hall scene.

I think it was just to the brink, but we still got to see the gun charging.

Figma Chie just arrived, thanks to a tip from johnsmith about her available preowned from amiami. You're right, she is tiny. And the back of the knees are awful. Not sure if I'm happy with it, will have to give it some time. Love the jacket

Whooo OMG, was looking for the Alter Tales of Vesperia - Yuri Lowell and all the ebay listing was expensive as hell, it's preowned but way cheaper at least (AmiAmi). I can't resist T.T....ordered...
FIG-IPN-1355.jpg

Btw AmiAmi is having problems with PayPal:
Paypal Payments Temporarily Unavailable] (Follow-up)

Unfortunately our issues with Paypal payments are taking longer to solve than expected. It appears that we are also unable to receive direct payments made to our store’s email address. Although Paypal is working diligently at fixing the error, we will not be able to restore service within the day.
We will contact customers sometime after Monday the 28th to announce when Paypal service has recommenced. Please do not be concerned about payment deadlines. They will be extended given the current circumstances.
Again, we are terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused by this and thank you for your kind understanding.
AmiAmi

Registered sal is a waste of money, its not any faster than unregistered, and the tracking is awful. I ordered something on 12/19, and the last update before delivery on 1/22 was on 12/22, in Japan.
How much cheaper is unregistered to registered? Registered for me was around 1390 JPY for the last one ordered, chose registered due to some insurance at least, I don't mind the delivery times.

BadWolf

Your previous post on this was the reason I went with unregistered, thanks.

I hope that, after Ray, they do a Gecko. Would like Pimpin' next to a Raiden if it's similarly large to Rex.

It would be sweet if they did the main Metal Gear/Mech from each game: Shagohod; Gekko; Peace Walker; a life size Mk.II!

Then the Play Arts Kai line needs to do every iteration of Snake/Raiden; all of the boss characters; a Tengu/FROG; Ninja Olga -- Oh man, I can just see my money disappearing...

Crap, I knew I should have stayed up later last night :(.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it had been available to order as early as Wednesday night.

D'oh. I'll stick to unregistered next time and save a couple of dollars.

XOF

Neo Member
3A almost never makes another run of their figures. Did you check sideshow or any other store if they have it?

Damn, that really sucks. Sideshow was one of the first I checked too, sadly. One day I might have to settle for the $600+ ones on eBay or something.

I hope that, after Ray, they do a Gecko. Would like Pimpin' next to a Raiden if it's similarly large to Rex.

Square-Enix merchandising, hire this person immediately! I don't even own a Raiden figure yet and I'd be all over that.

It would be sweet if they did the main Metal Gear/Mech from each game: Shagohod; Gekko; Peace Walker; a life size Mk.II!

Then the Play Arts Kai line needs to do every iteration of Snake/Raiden; all of the boss characters; a Tengu/FROG; Ninja Olga -- Oh man, I can just see my money disappearing...

Why aren't they doing this?! I'd love to get Ninja Olga. Heck, I'd love to see the entire set of FOXHOUND from MGS1. Can you imagine the size of Raven if he was in scale to the rest of the figures?

Why aren't they doing this?! I'd love to get Ninja Olga. Heck, I'd love to see the entire set of FOXHOUND from MGS1. Can you imagine the size of Raven if he was in scale to the rest of the figures?

I know, right? I want them all: FOXHOUND; Cobra Unit; Dead Cell; B&B Corp. (even though I don't like MGS4, the designs are rad).

I think Raven would be 12" tall if kept to scale, his gun and ammo dispenser would be as big as the normal figures; he'd probably cost $150 or more, going by Solidus.

NEO0MJ

Damn, that really sucks. Sideshow was one of the first I checked too, sadly. One day I might have to settle for the $600+ ones on eBay or something.

Thinking about it again, there might be a chance for a reissue. While 3A never reissues the same toy, it frequently reuses the same mold. We might see another release, maybe in clean colors or in another camo pattern.

johnsmith

remember me
How much cheaper is unregistered to registered? Registered for me was around 1390 JPY for the last one ordered, chose registered due to some insurance at least, I don't mind the delivery times.

The price difference is 410 yen. HLJ won't even offer Registered SAL, as they feel it's a waste of money too.

I've been in training all week with limited internet access, so I didn't really have a good way to know.

Dammit.

Set up an alert at http://www.figinstock.com/ and you might still get her. This is the 3rd or 4th time she's been sold out and come back in stock since release.

XOF

Neo Member
I know, right? I want them all: FOXHOUND; Cobra Unit; Dead Cell; B&B Corp. (even though I don't like MGS4, the designs are rad).

I think Raven would be 12" tall if kept to scale, his gun and ammo dispenser would be as big as the normal figures; he'd probably cost $150 or more, going by Solidus.

I completely forgot about the B&B Unit! Holy hell, the entire set added to the Play Arts series would be amazing. Yeah, I may as well join you on the whole wanting them all thing, haha. Having an Ikea Detolf shelf dedicated to the terrorist unit in each entry of the games would be perfect.

Thinking about it again, there might be a chance for a reissue. While 3A never reissues the same toy, it frequently reuses the same mold. We might see another release, maybe in clean colors or in another camo pattern.

That gives me hope at least, I sincerely hope they do this eventually. I'd love to see REX in a different camo pattern.

LiK

today I recieved woody from HLJ and i can confirm that this re-re-re-release has in fact still the perverted face in it :) just make sure you get the version with the binoculars and not the alien!

this is Revoltech Woody

woody4irwv.jpg

haha, thanks for the tip. i was thinking of picking him up to do those hilarious photos other people have done. that pervy face is godly.

Hey guys, about to order some stuff from amiami. First time ordering from the site or even from Japan. Whats the best type of shipping? EMS or Sal? I know this question has been posted a few times but I cant seem to find it. and how long does it normally take for a shipment to eastern side of the US?

Thanks!

btw the figure is http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-0101
and Labrys, Aigis and Saber when they are release next month :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom