• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got these two beauties :)
8531352420_66fa38af51_b.jpg
8521874403_e93fa0fd17_b.jpg

does anyone have experience with

http://www.japtou.com

?
Try checking their feedback here:
http://myfigurecollection.net/shop/58/feedbacks/
Legit Site, Terrible Customer Service and Communication
88% - 6 months ago (Updated 6 months ago) - Torchersphix
I joined this site specifically to comment on this store. I can't speak for the store in its entirety but what I ordered came in well packed, and exactly what I ordered, not a bootleg. The website is slow to load, they basically don't email you anything until much later after your order. But my package did come in and it was fine. Quick warning, you get no order confirmation, just a blank email and order number. The shipping number is added later to the paypal statement if you did it that way. I was scared it would not arrive, but it did, the price was very fair. shipped faster than mandarake.

Got an email from Sideshow telling me that they got their HT Black Widow figures in early and can do early processing.

...Sent them my order number so hopefully I can get maybe this week.

LiK

got Female Shepard and Tali Play-Arts. Wanna give a heads up that the Female Shepard's face sculpt is excellent. Looks super accurate to the game and no weird shading paint on it. I wonder if they decided to change the way they painted the faces recently? Anyways, I'll take pics later to show it off. Really happy with it especially since the Male Shap figure's face is so fucked up. lol

also got The Boss Hot Toys figure and her face looks way better in person compared to the promo pics.

BadWolf

That ain't Lik XD

!

Pre-ordered the Vic Viper and grabbed Naked Jehuty as well (amiami has it for 30% off). They both should look great together thanks to their colors (light/dark).

Not sure about Ardjet but will probably grab it if it receives a further discount like Jehuty.

Don't know if this has been posted but HobbyLink Japan is having a sale up to 80% off quite a few Bandai figures:
http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljlist?SaleGroup=130305_BAN1&header=bansale130305

Thanks for this, will have a look.

Hero

Congrats on the Samus. Really is a remarkable figure. Glad I was able to get her and the Figma for their pre-order prices.

SUPARSTARX

Samus is good. Too bad I didn't have room to display her. Sold both the Samus for some good change to make up for Hot Toys though (still no shelf room)

Any idea when Figma Marth goes on sale? Samus and to a lesser extent Link ended up being cash cows. I doubt this one will too, but I don't want to miss out as a result of hoarding speculators who think it will.

meijiko

Any idea when Figma Marth goes on sale? Samus and to a lesser extent Link ended up being cash cows. I doubt this one will too, but I don't want to miss out as a result of hoarding speculators who think it will.

Prototype hasn't even been shown anywhere, so it'll be quite a while from now.

Congrats on the Samus. Really is a remarkable figure. Glad I was able to get her and the Figma for their pre-order prices.

I ordered that Samus along with the Figma and it looks great! It's much better in person. I was kind of surprised at the quality.
Yep the quality is really good but it's too bad I can't get the Figma for non crazy prices but with this Zero Suit Samus I'm quite satisfied by itself =)

FlyFaster

Nothing impressive but I made a little Iron Man shrine. All the figures were cheap but it gets the job done for me. One day I may get something fancy like a Hot Toys figure but for now this is all good:

Mark VII on top and Mark 4, 5 and 6 on bottom self.

edit:
Ah, I see =)

These 2 came today =D; thank god no custom charges =').
The Samus figure was expensive =O, but the quality is incredible.

I really like that Samus figure. Would love to have one of those and another in the armor standing with their backs to one another. Very cool figure!

SUPARSTARX

Those look good. Are those the revoltech ones or something? They'res a lot of smaller scaled stuff coming out.

Figma is doing an Iron Man/War Machine set too.

FlyFaster

Those look good. Are those the revoltech ones or something? They'res a lot of smaller scaled stuff coming out.

Figma is doing an Iron Man/War Machine set too.

I got the Mark VII at Target for $17.99, it's a 12'' figure, a tie in with Avengers.

The rest I got at Toys R Us, the Mark VI is 6" ($9.99) and the Mark IV and V are 3.5" ($6.99)figure. These are a mix of the Iron Man 2 toy line.

So nothing too special, I wanted something to show my love of Iron Man but at the same time didn't want to spend tons of money.

I'm probably to pick up at least 1 more figure when the Iron Man 3 toy line comes out just because. Although the Mark 47 (forgot the Roman numerals for 47) I don't like very much. Too much gold and not enough Red. Doesn't look Iron Man enough to me.

I do also have 1 other figure that is hanging off some lights in the kitchen and that one is the classic suit from the 60s.

(not a pic of my figure but it's the same one)
$(KGrHqV,!i0E3Sb9G9+dBN1uON3y5Q~~_35.JPG

SUPARSTARX

Don't sleep on some of those figures though. If you're good with painting, these things can be taken to the next level.

I think some nice metallic paint and then some tiny brushed silver (for battle damage) can get those tiny things looking more spectacular than stock for sure.

Have you seen some of those Transformers customs?

Koyuga

The other day was pretty big for my girlfriend and I:

The new Aigis is so awesome, she might just be my new favorite figure!
I've got a Roger Smith figma in the mail too to pick up. Pretty excited :D

The other day was pretty big for my girlfriend and I:

The new Aigis is so awesome, she might just be my new favorite figure!
I've got a Roger Smith figma in the mail too to pick up. Pretty excited :D
Jeez, don't wanna guess how much that cost.. Can't wait for my aigis to come in!! How long does sal take normally? Last 2 things I ordered was ems

johnsmith

remember me
That new Aigis does seem nice. The face sculpt is a definite upgrade over the earlier ones. Might have to think about grabbing that one. Even though I don't like figmas that much, or Aigis, it just feels wrong to have a persona figure collection without at least one Aigis.

LiK

Bane might not have a long production run. When he's long sold out and dead stock like Hawkeye, then you have my permission to cry.

lol, i dunno, i didn't really like him after watching the movie. I still have Catwoman preordered tho. i also have other Hot Toys figures that I want more than him so I gotta becareful with whom I pick up these days. One figure I wanted from HT was Scarecrow but for some stupid reason they only sold him with the Demon Batman figure so I can't get him by himself for a lower price.

MCD

That new Aigis does seem nice. The face sculpt is a definite upgrade over the earlier ones. Might have to think about grabbing that one. Even though I don't like figmas that much, or Aigis, it just feels wrong to have a persona figure collection without at least one Aigis.

Get the Alter one. Best one by far.

johnsmith

remember me
It's not a figure I would have bought even with the the standard 20% amiami preorder discount. Aigis is one of my least favorite Persona characters. But if the new one ends up in the bargain bin because people are finally getting Aigis fatigue, then I might grab it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom