• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPARSTARX

And boom! I was right. User no longer registered, listing is gone. Opened a case but I want it to accelerate since there's no seller to contact.

And boom! I was right. User no longer registered, listing is gone. Opened a case but I want it to accelerate since there's no seller to contact.

You'll get your money back, but that was a rookie mistake. Should have checked feedback and location before bidding.

If the user also has feedback check this thread, which is an eBay bootlegger list: http://myfigurecollection.net/club/139/discussions/&did=3636
Posted this back a while ago, but linking again for other people thinking of ordering from eBay as well and as everyone says if it looks too good too be true it probably is...

chrono01

Has anyone received Nendoroid Sakura Miku, who lives outside of Japan? I heard she was shipped out but I never actually got a shipping email. If she was, I should get her any day now.

The only people already receiving her [outside of Japan] are those that used a proxy to order [Big in Japan, Mio Boutique, etc.] or other various store situated in Japan [such as Nippon Yasan].

If you ordered her through GSC, like I did, expect to wait a few days more. They're always slow in shipping out their products, despite myself being charged for her weeks ago. It really is frustrating. ~_~

Man, some of these statues are AMAZING.

I'm actually looking for an Iron Man figure or statue that looks nice, and doesn't break the wallet. It would be decoration in my office more than anything. You guys got any ideas?

I'm actually looking for an Iron Man figure or statue that looks nice, and doesn't break the wallet. It would be decoration in my office more than anything. You guys got any ideas?

Maybe something like this?

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...ers-another-look-at-iron-man-3s-mark-42-armor

I'm just going to assume that Hot Toys Iron Man is out of your the price range. Not familiar with what Sideshows has to offer.

Maybe something like this?

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...ers-another-look-at-iron-man-3s-mark-42-armor

I'm just going to assume that Hot Toys Iron Man is out of your the price range. Not familiar with what Sideshows has to offer.

I was actually thinking about the Hot Toys model, until I saw some new pickups for my bass, so... yeah.
Out of my price range until the next testing phase. lol

Edit: That one is neat! It would be cool if it was posable, or what not.

Ken

My Hot Toys Iron Man was $150 I think but it was supposed to be limited: think it was the Avengers move version.

LiK

Check out the Kotobukiya Iron Man statues. Gorgeous and good for your office. Not poseable.

Isn't Figma releasing a set of Marvel figures and Iron Man is part of it?

There is also a Nendroid version coming out. It's based on the older suit though.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10203002
That looks adorable. I should have pre-ordered it...

Jayhawk

So I stopped by a nearby comic book store that also sells figures and they had some Bishoujo figures that could be hard to find these days, I'm not sure... Each were for about $70 CAD and looked new except some wear and tear on the boxes for being stacked on top of each other. From their Bishoujo selection, I recall seeing black costume Batgirl, Black Widow (can't remember which version), Power Girl, Invisible Woman, Storm, Scarlet Witch, Alisa (Limited Edition and normal edition), Black Cat, and X-23. If anybody is interested in these, I'd be willing to buy and ship if you pay for the figure and shipping. They had some Play Arts Kai and other statues that people might be interested in, as well, but it's hard to remember them all. Their selection of statues and figures was limited to video game and comic book characters.

Looks like Lili's face got a little better.
1l0IPjy.jpg

Anyone know how to cancel preorders from Amiami?

you can't normally. It you could send them an email but you risk a ban at their discretion. I canceled once and said I needed funds immediately due to health emergency and they said ok but don't do it again.

From my experience Amiami is more lenient then mandarake.

Pachimari

Looks like Lili's face got a little better.
I need Lili now, I thought I could wait because the face were terrible but it seems like they have fixed it a little bit.

Asuka is on it's way also. I ordered one by they cancelled as they didn't have any more, so I hope this other Amazon shop can send me a figure.

Here's being excited for Xiaoyu and hopefully Michelle afterwards. :)

LiK

(Pre-owned ITEM:B/BOX:B)Persona 4 - Rise Kujikawa - Wave
5,580 yen
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-0799-R010

(Pre-owned ITEM:A- / BOX:B)Persona 4 - Rise Kujikawa - Wave
6,980 yen
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-0799-R011

(Pre-owned ITEM:B/BOX:B)Catherine - Catherine - Max Factory
5,580 yen
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-4062-R010

wow, they sell these preowned for close to the price i paid new.

johnsmith

remember me
It depends on the figure and the demand. I've gotten some really great deals, but then there's stuff like the 7th Dragon Samurai or the Samus Figma that doubles in price within a couple of months of release.

I mean, this was only 1960 yen.
2696119482_c3d241af4c_o.jpg

LiK

It depends on the figure and the demand. I've gotten some really great deals, but then there's stuff like the 7th Dragon Samurai or the Samus Figma that doubles in price within a couple of months of release.

I mean, this was only 1960 yen.
2696119482_c3d241af4c_o.jpg

bargain. cute figure.

oh yea, a lil update about my to sell list. still figuring out which to sell and for how much. once i have the list linked up to MFC entries, i'll post it soon. been lazy. sorry if anyone has been waiting.

what have I doneeeeeeee

so now these are what I have ordered/preorder

1) sigrid of the thorn
2) mai shiranui (max factory)
3) mai shiranui (alphamax)
4) black hanekawa (alter)
5) mikoto (kotobukiya)
6) hanna marsaille (sp?) ( alter )
7) jubei (alter)
8) dizzy (alter)
9) catherine (max factory)
10) irma (megahouse)

and i still plan on getting mitsuru, elizabeth, 7th dragon miku, xiaoyu and maybe chun li.

johnsmith

remember me
Here's my damage. Not too bad. Not getting slammed with multiple purchases in the same month which is good. Now I just need to keep away from the preowned sales and year 2 of collecting should be a lot easier on the wallet than year 1.

1. Dragon Quest V - Hero- Dragon Quest Sofubi Characters - 005 - (Square Enix) PAID
  2. Etrian Odyssey III - Princess, Ninja, Zodiac, Pirate, Farmer, Monk - Toys Works Collection 2.5 Premium (Chara-Ani) 03/2013
  3. 7th Dragon 2020 - Hacker - 1/7 (Max Factory) 04/2013
  4. Persona 4 - Rise Kujikawa - High Priestess (Megahouse) 05/2013 PAID
  5. Persona 4 - Chie Satonaka- High Priestess (Megahouse) 06/2013
  6. Atelier Meruru - Meruru - (Phat Company) 05/2013
  7. Oboro Muramasa - Kongiku - 1/8 (Alter) - ??/2013

Here's my damage. Not too bad. Not getting slammed with multiple purchases in the same month which is good. Now I just need to keep away from the preowned sales and year 2 of collecting should be a lot easier on the wallet than year 1.

1. Dragon Quest V - Hero- Dragon Quest Sofubi Characters - 005 - (Square Enix) PAID
  2. Etrian Odyssey III - Princess, Ninja, Zodiac, Pirate, Farmer, Monk - Toys Works Collection 2.5 Premium (Chara-Ani) 03/2013
  3. 7th Dragon 2020 - Hacker - 1/7 (Max Factory) 04/2013
  4. Persona 4 - Rise Kujikawa - High Priestess (Megahouse) 05/2013 PAID
  5. Persona 4 - Chie Satonaka- High Priestess (Megahouse) 06/2013
  6. Atelier Meruru - Meruru - (Phat Company) 05/2013
  7. Oboro Muramasa - Kongiku - 1/8 (Alter) - ??/2013

nice.

I was on the fence of kongiku but i find her design not that appealing to me.

johnsmith

remember me
I love it. Sure the boobs are too much, but I still preordered her day 1. She's already sold out at most shops, so I'm glad I did.

7th Dragon Miku and Tharja are also going to be day 1 preorders. Ques Q Elizabeth I will probably get, but since they're a newer company I need to see the painted versions first. I also want the Arcadia(Yamato) Elin, but I'm hoping that one ends up in the bargain bin, as it's too expensive. She's nice, but not 11,000 yen nice.

meijiko

what have I doneeeeeeee

so now these are what I have ordered/preorder

1) sigrid of the thorn
2) mai shiranui (max factory)
3) mai shiranui (alphamax)
4) black hanekawa (alter)
5) mikoto (kotobukiya)
6) hanna marsaille (sp?) ( alter )
7) jubei (alter)
8) dizzy (alter)
9) catherine (max factory)
10) irma (megahouse)

and i still plan on getting mitsuru, elizabeth, 7th dragon miku, xiaoyu and maybe chun li.

Glad to see some Sigrid love. She has the potential to be my favorite figure of 2013, despite the stiff competition from Belldandy and Aoba. Something about the classic beautiful witch motif just makes me hnnnng.

My pre-order list is 24 figures long right now... Over half are cheaper poseable figures, but still.

1. Izaya (Alter)
2. Asuna (Kotobukiya)
3. Aoba (Max Factory)
4. Kongiku (Alter)
5. Amane Suzuha (Alter)
6. Belldandy and Holybell (Max Factory)
7. Homura [You are not alone] (GoodSmile)
8. Ohana (Alter)
9. Sayaka [Movie ver.] (GoodSmile)
10. Sigrid of the Thorn
11. Ultimate Madoka figma
12. Ultimate Madoka nendoroid
13. Kirito figma
14. Kirito nendoroid
15. Asuna figma
16. Asuna nendoroid
17. Miku nendoroid
18. Alice nendoroid
19. Pit figma
20. Dark Pit figma
21. Wakana nendoroid
22. Mewtwo D-Arts
23. Charizard D-Arts
24. Blastoise D-Arts

Thankfully there wasn't too much that interested me that was shown at WonFes. I'm really hoping to slow down on my figure collecting as time goes on, though that will probably depend on what gets made for the Sailor Moon reboot. Completing my Madoka collection will help slow things down, though. I'd also like to knock out some of my more highly-wanted figures like Alter's Clalaclan and Mercedes before too long. And the rest of the Alter K-ON set, though those aren't as high a priority.

kiryogi

Banned
My list is rather light as I've been trying to cut back massively.

1. 7th Dragon 2020 Hatsune Miku
2. Border Break Fiona by Shunya Yamashita
3. 2013 Snow Miku Nendroid

Incoming:

1. Sakura Hatsune Miku Nendoroid

Well I guess I'll always be picking up Miku nendos tho . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom