• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
amiami preowned is just straight up stealing my wallet.

AND I WANT THAT DIZZY FIGURE EFFFFF

Thank god I'm not like this anymore. Especially since it seems like they've been raising prices lately. I got most of the stuff off my wishlist already, with the things left way too expensive for me to buy with so many newer, cheaper preorders coming up.

Speaking of wish lists, one of my grails arrived today. This was always one of my favorite figures that I never thought I'd own until the rerelease. I still can't believe both Velvet and Momohime got rereleases.
i8nNg0oV0ZnnA.JPG

And if anybody else is wanting the Supergirl Bishoujo, amiami is taking orders again.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-KAI-2439

sca2511

I'm willing to grab Velvet, but the only thing holding me back is that it'll be much bigger than Gwendolyn and Mercedes.

edit: I REALLY want a Magik Bishoujo.

BadWolf

Took a peek at mfc and these shots made me really glad about ordering that Naked Jehuty:

http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/635266&ref=item:124188
http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/635263&ref=item:124188
http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/635262&ref=item:124188

Here's hoping someone also does figures of the characters as well, not just the frames. I'd love figures of Dingo, Ken, Leo etc.

Revoltech has got me by the jewels for a few months it looks like (last month it was Jigen/Lupin, this month Naked Jehuty, next month its Big Boss and in May its Vic Viper).

I really wished there was a cool Mikoto figure from Scientific Railgun. Sadly the best figure is the maid outfit =( and its the one I picked up from amiami for 5k.

I never buy any statues (other than the assassins creed ones that came in collectors editions), but I think I need to finally buy the Liara T'soni statue.

Whats the best place to get it? It seems to be sold out at all the NA stores, so I assume I will need to import it from Japan. Is there a specific site you guys all recommend? Also, Im up in Canada, so if anyone has personal experience shipping from one of the Japanese site that would be appreciated! I used to import stuff from Play-Asia but I dont know if this stuff will be different.

Thanks!

johnsmith

remember me
I think you missed the boat on Liara. She's sold out everywhere, including Japanese shops, and I don't think I've ever seen her on mandarake or amiami's preowned section. You're going to have to pay amazon's or ebay's inflated prices unless kotobukiya does a rerelease.

johnsmith

remember me
I'd say there's a 50/50 chance of a rerelease or recolor. They rereleased Supergirl and Wonder Woman, and a recolored Batgirl, but not Catwoman, which sells for $250+.

Giolon

Damn, well I wont bother unless I can get it for near retail price. So I will just hope for a rerelease then!

I've got a Liara that I'm not totally sure I want to keep. She's been opened briefly but has otherwise been sitting in my closet. If I decide to sell her anytime in the near future, I'll try to contact you via PM.

sca2511

Oh yeah, she's a little bigger than the alter ones, but they still look pretty good together.

greatpic.jpg

Actually, that looks really great. I guess it's too late to hope for Alter to make one of Velvet? If so, I might as well jump in when/if another restock occurs.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I want d-arts or those Real Series to make some SMT figures based on the law alignment. They focus way too much on the big name chaos ones like Satan, Loki, etc. I want to buy some angels.

sca2511

Are there figures for Gundam? Not ones that you have to build yourself, since I don't have much confidence in my abilities. I had my eyes on some Master Grade stuff, but just found out that you have to piece them together.

Takuan

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a POP Ben Beckman figure and various other One Piece paraphernalia on Taiwan's equivalent of eBay. So much goodness, no way to verify legitimacy other than feedback.

Giolon

Are there figures for Gundam? Not ones that you have to build yourself, since I don't have much confidence in my abilities. I had my eyes on some Master Grade stuff, but just found out that you have to piece them together.

There are, but they're generally small, like 3.5" - 6" action figure size.

As for Master Grades, they snap together, come with decals, and still look amazing even unpainted. You really can't go wrong with them.

Just received my tracking number from Sideshow, Black Widow should be arriving by Tuesday.

Can't wait. After her, it's Mark VII from Sideshow and Coulson from my local comic shop (was kind enough to place an order for me, along with the shop's orders).

Maybe one day I'll get the others, but for now, I'm happy with what I've got coming.

oh WOW, I just ordered Petit Pretty Figure Series No. Ex1 Motto! Ojamajo Doremi - Momoko Asuka from Amiami - they had it on backorder but I thought that was a mistake since the internet says Momoko was a Wonder Festival 2010 exclusive (whatever that means) but apparently now it is not anymore :)

FIG-MOE-7199.jpg

Bombless

Power Girl is here. Came in pretty fast, almost a week faster than Momohime (though I suspect the strike through the belgian administrations was responsible for himesama's delay).

fXx6e3Pl.jpg

I really like the statue, though the base is a bit weird. And large. But at least it's not wobbly like Momohime's. All in all I think I'm going to grab the whole DC Bisho collection, though I understand quite a few of them are hard to find?

One thing is certain, poor Malgus is about to get mobbed by women. Next up should be Bisho Femshep, Kongiku sometime later and I put a preorder down for Bisho Supergirl on Amiami. I really need to be careful with the cc...

Power Girl is here. Came in pretty fast, almost a week faster than Momohime (though I suspect the strike through the belgian administrations was responsible for himesama's

I really like the statue, though the base is a bit weird. And large. But at least it's not wobbly like Momohime's. All in all I think I'm going to grab the whole DC Bisho collection, though I understand quite a few of them are hard to find?

One thing is certain, poor Malgus is about to get mobbed by women. Next up should be Bisho Femshep, Kongiku sometime later and I put a preorder down for Bisho Supergirl on Amiami. I really need to be careful with the cc...

Catwoman is impossible to find for a good price, batgirl is getting there but still descent, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, and poison ivy are still easy to get

LadyRiven

Has anyone received Nendoroid Sakura Miku, who lives outside of Japan? I heard she was shipped out but I never actually got a shipping email. If she was, I should get her any day now.

SUPARSTARX

So I just won an ebay auction for some Hot Toys thinger. Incredibly good bargain but then I noticed after I paid the seller had zero feedback and from China. There are a few other items I am watching from two more sellers with similar naming schemes, all signed up on the same day putting up auctions for Hot Toys stuff as well. Zero feedback. I have this weird gut feeling the whole thing might be a scam and that I'll get a sock in the mail box in two weeks.

What is eBay's refund/protection policy just in case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom