• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super GT Race Queen Racing Miku 2012 figma finally arrived.

piI2JPm.jpg

Edit: put pic in quotes...

Wow, my preorder list is tiny compared to you guys:

1) HT Iron Man Mk. VII (via Sideshow)
2) HT Phil Coulson (via my LCS)

Black Widow arrives tomorrow for me. So any additional figures I buy are going to be at cons.

sca2511

FREEing's BlazBlue Mu-12 up for pre-order: link

eNi270d.jpg

Would buy. Limiting myself to one figure per month though.

My upcoming orders/preorders:
-Fate/Stay Night - Saber - 1/7 - Triumphant Excalibur
-Sigrid of the Thorn
-Kitty Pryde Bishoujo
-Megahouse Chie

Looking into some Gundam Metal Builds/Master Grades and Sideshow Adam Hughes statues.

edit: haha late post for Mu-12.

Bombless

Wow, some of those orders lists sure make me feel better about the 3 I have. Still, must maintain my composure, preorders are juuuust a click away lol.

BadWolf

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-6170&page=top

Figma Guts (Band of Hawk version) is up for pre-order. Looks pretty dang good, glad I passed on the previous version. The face looks great.

Is it true that Figma are fragile? A few times I have heard it mentioned in figure impressions on mfc. Are they on par with Revoltech (which I find to be very solid) or are they more delicate?

Would buy. Limiting myself to one figure per month though.

Trying to do the same.

Ordered:
March - Naked Jehuty

Pre-ordered:
April - Naked Snake
May - Vic Viper (Zone of the Enders)
July - Figma Guts

Ken

I have a BRS figma and she hasn't broken yet. Trying to set them up and pose them on the stands is annoying though since it's kind of loose like older Nendoroid stands (yuck). Don't know how newer figmas are though.

BadWolf

I have a BRS figma and she hasn't broken yet. Trying to set them up and pose them on the stands is annoying though since it's kind of loose like older Nendoroid stands. Don't know how newer figmas are though.

Hmm... I guess I might treat whatever figma's I get more like statues then.

The opposite of Revoltech I guess, which I can't recommend enough for posing purposes. They can also be easily posed to stand on their own without a stand (haven't even taken out the stands for both of mine).

Hmm... I guess I might treat whatever figma's I get more like statues then.

The opposite of Revoltech I guess, which I can't recommend enough for posing purposes. They can also be easily posed to stand on their own without a stand (haven't even taken out the stands for both of mine).

Tell that to peg-leg Jehuty :p

NEO0MJ

I ordered from BBTS, I guess they just got their stock in.

That sucks. BBTS seems to always be late with their stuff. Though one time I got lucky with them when I ordered the Fewture Shin Getter. Not only did they bring it earlier than the others, I got it for at least a $100 cheaper because they kept the preorder price.

I'm so dumb. Had Kongiku in my cart at Nippon-Yasan last night. I was gonna order her then and there but decided to wait till Friday to see if the price went down even more. Now she's sold out. Could have got her for $89 shipped but now I'm screwed all cause I wanted to try and save a few more cents. Gonna be stalking the site all day to to see if that preorder button somehow turns red again. If not, I'll have to pay $120+ from a U.S. site =(

Pachimari

no idea on lili. My problem is the bangs really
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the bangs either but I can't help be excited about Tekken figures - the only figures I'll buy.

Do you guys think they'll do all the girls from Tekken Tag 2?

They still have to do Xiaoyu, Michelle, Anna, Nina, Angel, Unknown, Leo, Miharu and Zafina.

Also, am I right in saying that JayCee comes out in the West this month and Lili by September, then probably Xiaoyu next year?

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the bangs either but I can't help be excited about Tekken figures - the only figures I'll buy.

Do you guys think they'll do all the girls from Tekken Tag 2?

They still have to do Xiaoyu, Michelle, Anna, Nina, Angel, Unknown, Leo, Miharu and Zafina.

Also, am I right in saying that JayCee comes out in the West this month and Lili by September, then probably Xiaoyu next year?

jaycee and lili is like march and july respectively

my prediction is...

Xiaoyu, Hwoarang is next, with xiaoyu coming out this year supposedly. After that no more word of Tekken figures.

THOUGH, kotobukiya is making a "Street Fighter x Tekken" bishoujo line, different from the TTT2 line. But so far the only ones announced are SF char (chun li and cammy).

Jessicat

Since a few other peeps were doing it:

Figures on the way:
S.H. MonsterArts Destroyah

Pre-Ordered:
FuRyu Real Figure - SMT Demons set of 3: Mothman, Mokoi, Black Frost [late March '13]
ArtFX J Yu-Gi-Oh! Jonouchi/Joey Wheeler [late April '13]
D-Arts MetalGarurumon [late June '13]
D-Arts Raidou Kuzunoha [late June '13]

Not too much right now I guess, been comtemplating getting the UtaPri Tokiya figure too, but spending money is a bit tight right now ^^; Plus there's figures that haven't been officially released for pre-order that I'm interested in too, lol.

Babalu.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-6170&page=top

Figma Guts (Band of Hawk version) is up for pre-order. Looks pretty dang good, glad I passed on the previous version. The face looks great.

Is it true that Figma are fragile? A few times I have heard it mentioned in figure impressions on mfc. Are they on par with Revoltech (which I find to be very solid) or are they more delicate?

Trying to do the same.

Ordered:
March - Naked Jehuty

Pre-ordered:
April - Naked Snake
May - Vic Viper (Zone of the Enders)
July - Figma Guts

holy shit. I hate anime and I dont understand collecting so many naked figures but i wandered into this thread and saw that guts figure. Damn that is awesome. I love berserk.

Some questions as i've never ordered like this before but how is that site you linked for the guts figure.

Can i preorder if i'm from america?
Will they charge now or when it ships?
When it comes does it look like that in the pictures or do I have to paint it or build it or something?

thanks for any help!

and what naked snake figure are you talking about, MGS is awesome too.

holy shit. I hate anime and I dont understand collecting so many naked figures but i wandered into this thread and saw that guts figure. Damn that is awesome. I love berserk.

Some questions as i've never ordered like this before but how is that site you linked for the guts figure.

When it comes does it look like that in the pictures or do I have to paint it or build it or something?

thanks for any help!

yes amiami ships to america
they charge when it ships
most come painted already, very few figures I've seen are pre-painted

also for most sites you can not cancel. Its once you order you committed. You can request a cancel or just not pay but you risk a ban.

johnsmith

remember me

thanks for any help!

Yes you can preorder from America.
They charge when it ships (and you wont know the shipping cost until it ships)
Figmas come fully painted and ready. There's no assembly other than putting it on the stand.

Mikhal

thanks for any help!

The site listed (Amiami) is very trustworthy and reliable. You can preorder from America and they will send you an invoice when the figure gets released. The figure is prepainted and posable. They also come with multiple accessories/limbs/faces that you can swap out. Here's a different version of Guts that came out earlier if you want to see what figmas are like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXKR5GGrIv4

I believe he was speaking of the Revoltech Naked Snake: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-6020

Edit: Beaten x2.

BadWolf

thanks for any help!

Yes you can order from US (I'm in Canada).

They will charge once its ready to ship. Be warned though that canceling an order isn't simple on amiami (you have to send an email with a reason and they may or may not agree to cancel it). So order it only if you actually want it.

It will look like in the pictures, its a complete figure so no painting/building is required with this one.

This is the Naked Snake I ordered: http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD010834

I'd order Snake quick, pre-orders are already getting sold out on various sites (amiami, hobby search).

EDIT: beaten many, many times hehe.

Sushigod7

So thought I would ask you guys this, I'm heading to Megacon here in Orlando and looking for some figures whats a quick thing to look for on the bootlegs? For instance the Odin Sphere Velvet? Is it just crap paint and bogus boxes the quickest way?

So thought I would ask you guys this, I'm heading to Megacon here in Orlando and looking for some figures whats a quick thing to look for on the bootlegs? For instance the Odin Sphere Velvet? Is it just crap paint and bogus boxes the quickest way?

Have a picture of the real thing on your phone or something.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/9886

see if the parts are in the right places. Also recognizing color differences helps to.

johnsmith

remember me
Have a picture of the real thing on your phone or something.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/9886

see if the parts are in the right places. Also recognizing color differences helps to.

Also look for the stickers. Figures from games published by Atlus will have a Jack Frost sticker on there somewhere, though now they say Index. Companies will have different stickers. I guess cons are safer than ebay because you can at least review the item in person, but unless you are 100% sure I'd avoid buying something that's been counterfeited.

7dwVYl0.png

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Since a few other peeps were doing it:

Figures on the way:
S.H. MonsterArts Destroyah

Pre-Ordered:
FuRyu Real Figure - SMT Demons set of 3: Mothman, Mokoi, Black Frost [late March '13]
ArtFX J Yu-Gi-Oh! Jonouchi/Joey Wheeler [late April '13]
D-Arts MetalGarurumon [late June '13]
D-Arts Raidou Kuzunoha [late June '13]

Not too much right now I guess, been comtemplating getting the UtaPri Tokiya figure too, but spending money is a bit tight right now ^^; Plus there's figures that haven't been officially released for pre-order that I'm interested in too, lol.

Where did you preorder Black Frost from? I would love a Black frost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom