• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to take better pics once I figure out where she's going on my shelf... Was damn hard to take a good photo of her though. Flash kept washing her out.

DB216908-966F-40BB-912A-54C3C1BCED21-1331-00000126F30A4C3D_zps32887b3e.jpg

1FC808B6-DB4E-4A44-BB55-24129818E538-1331-000001270345A4C9_zpsaf3d0adc.jpg

How'd you get her so early? Mine got pushed to the end of the month.:(

Pretty disappointed with Figma Asuka, think I actually prefer my Microman version.
though it could just be the Test Suit that im disliking about it.
Still want Rei though, she actually looks great.

Sideshow let me know that I was qualified for early shipping (they got her early) so they processed her last week and shipped out on Friday.

Sucks dude, but you'll get her soon enough.

Ah makes sense. I've got her along with the Joker 2.0 on the way at the end of the month.

Ah makes sense. I've got her along with the Joker 2.0 on the way at the end of the month.

Sounds good. May try to take another few pics with my actual camera (was using my phone to take what I could) to see if I can get better shots of her face. And strangely, the doll hair didn't really annoy me this time around despite preferring sculpted.

Sounds good. May try to take another few pics with my actual camera (was using my phone to take what I could) to see if I can get better shots of her face. And strangely, the doll hair didn't really annoy me this time around despite preferring sculpted.

Heh, I know that feeling. The doll hair on the Baby Doll Sucker Punch 1/6th scale annoyed the shit out of me. Took me nearly an hour to get it just right.

Heh, I know that feeling. The doll hair on the Baby Doll Sucker Punch 1/6th scale annoyed the shit out of me. Took me nearly an hour to get it just right.

I think it's her haircut in the movie that makes the doll hair for BW work.

I ended up just brushing the hair back from her face with my thumb (after removing the plastic headband) and she looked great. Granted that was just for the right side of her face (her right) so it was easy. The left side looks perfectly fine so her having shorter hair this time around versus in IM2 makes all the difference in the world it seems.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking... do you mean this?

yeah.

Save up for the GSC one instead, imo.

They both have pros and cons.

I like alter's base and how you can pose it differently. GSC has a better model and pose but I kinda don't like how you have to view her in only one direction. But if Alter requires EMS then GSC all the way.
edit

yep ami ami just confirmed that its too big. GSC HERE I COME! Thank god they answer decently fast. Mandarake takes forever to respond or just flat out ignore you.

For those interested in the new Jurassic Park toys I took some pics. I know that these aren't the greatest.. I was in a rush, and couldn't get a better backdrop and wanted to take the pictures before I lost the daylight. None the less, I think people wanting to get a good look at the toys will like these!

Allosaurus Assault photo album! (warning HUGE pics) http://imgur.com/a/myF4K

My huge album of Pachyrhinosaurus Clash pics: http://imgur.com/a/Jo5q8

Final album- JP 2013 Dino Showdowns comparison (and more) pictures (108 pics): http://imgur.com/a/CP3oX

sca2511

They both have pros and cons.

I like alter's base and how you can pose it differently. GSC has a better model and pose but I kinda don't like how you have to view her in only one direction. But if Alter requires EMS then GSC all the way.
edit

yep ami ami just confirmed that its too big. GSC HERE I COME! Thank god they answer decently fast. Mandarake takes forever to respond or just flat out ignore you.

I prefer the GSC pose, model, and face. Something about her face and body are off on the Alter. Maybe it's her eyes that seem a bit too far apart and/or her breasts look to be bigger/more out there in comparison, not sure.

i figured Ive got some stuff(started in the last couple of months) so I might as well post em now

First thing's first, I currently have these on order

zzsxgak.jpg

8qDuko4.jpg

mfO2sL0.jpg

EmHYFj9.jpg

The Swamp Thing and wonder woman arrived.

The Wonder Woman was broken and the heart was missing though :(

The swamp thing on the other hand looks INCREDIBLE. I'm so glad I bought it, now I just need a place to put him

Im thinking of making a tiny section in my bookshelves that have the alan moore and scott snyder swamp thing trades with him nearby somehow. Dunno yet

Mew2

Neo Member
I know I'm a bit late to the show but...I've really gotten in to Oreimo! Do you guys have a favorite figure from the series? Love the characters so far...even the whacky super otaku girl

I know I'm a bit late to the show but...I've really gotten in to Oreimo! Do you guys have a favorite figure from the series? Love the characters so far...even the whacky super otaku girl
Ugh, never liked that show myself, but there should be a lot of cool figures out there, I'm guessing that most of them would probably be ecchi though.

Anyone ever painted a model before? Just preordered [PLATZ] 1/35th Panzer IV D tank from Amiami, and Nendoroid Miho Nishizumi. Kinda wanted to paint the Panzer IV to match the show.

So any tips on painting models :D

meijiko

I enjoyed the show, but I didn't ever buy any figures for it. None of them really 'wow'ed me enough, and the character designs were a little too plain to make interesting figures. I may grab the nendoroids someday since they're incredibly adorable, but I didn't really fall in love with the scaled figures.

Ugh, never liked that show myself, but there should be a lot of cool figures out there, I'm guessing that most of them would probably be ecchi though.

Most of them aren't ecchi at all, really. I mean, there's the usual swimsuit fanfare and the one or two that have a little-too-convenient panty flash, but the show wasn't really raunchy enough to warrant a bunch of ecchi figures.

I enjoyed the show, but I didn't ever buy any figures for it. None of them really 'wow'ed me enough, and the character designs were a little too plain to make interesting figures. I may grab the nendoroids someday since they're incredibly adorable, but I didn't really fall in love with the scaled figures.

Most of them aren't ecchi at all, really. I mean, there's the usual swimsuit fanfare and the one or two that have a little-too-convenient panty flash, but the show wasn't really raunchy enough to warrant a bunch of ecchi figures.

Heard the word 'oreimo' and just had to chime in. Best kuroneko figure:

richirocko1325862424.jpeg

She's sits prettily on my office desk at work everyday smiling at me :).

Giolon

My P4 Arena Aigis figma is here, and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. The joints on the weaponry are all very loose, making them very difficulty to pose in a position where gravity won't just swing them downward (god forbid you want to set up one of the poses from the box). Additionally, the wrist joint on one of her hands is defective. It looks like paint got globbed up in one of the side sockets and prevents the axle from going in, and the assemblers tried to jam it anyway which ended up bending the side-wall of the joint.

Probably my most disappointing figma of all time from a quality-control perspective. :( If I didn't already have several awesome figmas, this one would probably put me off of the whole line.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Official images of Fansproject's third-party Stunticon team in their combined form have finally been released. Motormaster is unpainted here, but this is still one badass looking Menasor.

dA59bjI.jpg

NEO0MJ

One thing I don't like i the legs. It looks like you brought a generic pair of robot legs then glued a couple of hot wheels cars to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom