• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I never think of things in the value of what they can be worth because I only buy things I intend to keep.

LiK

I never think of things in the value of what they can be worth because I only buy things I intend to keep.

ditto, i had a time where i bought stuff thinking they might be worth something. guess what? they're not really worth that much or went down in price.

Finally got REX today and I'm a little disappointed.

1. Parts are missing. No attachable radome antenna piece, missiles, or the tool that I saw in some videos.
2. It's kind of flimsy and doesn't "feel" like it's worth $500. Look OK enough, though I could do without all the removable pieces.

Finally got REX today and I'm a little disappointed.

1. Parts are missing. No attachable radome antenna piece, missiles, or the tool that I saw in some videos.
2. It's kind of flimsy and doesn't "feel" like it's worth $500. Look OK enough, though I could do without all the removable pieces.

You might want to contact someone about that. Though it has no missiles, just ports. There is one black wrench like tool.

Damn, amiami's been jacking up their preowned prices.

(Pre-owned ITEM:B / BOX:B)Creators' Labo #025 Neon Genesis Evangelion - Rei Ayanami ver.2 Complete Figure(Released)
sold for 11,180 yen. I bought this from them for 6,970, same condition.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-1809-R010

version 2 goes for a lot higher, version 1 is around 6k

The difference is they fixed up the sculpt (seam lines) and gave her the bandage head.

Usually I'm not a fan of cloth on figures but it seems to work here. Face looks much better than the Figma version.
I actually feel the opposite. Skyward Sword's cartoonish style makes the cloth look weird to me. Had it been Twilight Princess Link I think it would work much better. Still looks awesome, but I think I'll pass.

I think it's great we're seeing all these high end Nintendo collectibles now. If they made them available to North American markets and distributors that would be even better.

sky

w00t, Aegis finally came in... nice figure!
I remember the promo shots made it seem like the paint job was a bit dark or something, but it's not... good stuff!
Love all the weapons she comes with, too... although it's a bit tricky trying to figure out the best attachment configuration.

And a little nendoroid for the wife ;) ... (until I secretly procure it)
Appropriately cute.

aL85DsL.jpg
xFOjDfv.jpg

naoe is pretty popular and I would get her to if it weren't for hammer stand. Apparently its a hassle to get it to hold.

edit

my first miku figure
9438.jpg

oh look at this, oh would you look at this? look what just came to my door - would you look at this? ;)

evolution-toy_momoko-flebp.png

It's Momoko Asuka from Ojamajo Doremi (Evolution Toy) - LOOK AT THIS PRETTY WITCHY! :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So the fact that PlayAsia is still taking orders for the Akari~n nendoroid is a bad sign right. It sold out instantly on Amazon.jp and AmiAmi. Or is it just a case that the chunk of the fanbase just doesn't use this site. Ah well.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like this is getting a rerelease. This was selling as high as 18K yen preowned.

The Alter figures from this series are pretty good, but man those were some crazy prices for these.

And preordered. I hate you XD

Sushigod7

Just ordered Odin Sphere Velvet after a few days and a bunch of emails. Found one in stock at a reasonable price ($104 US) compared to eBay, Amazon etc. Got EMS shipping on it as well so I don't have to wait to long to see her. lol Now just waiting on Muramasa's Kongiku

LiK

Lara Croft Play Arts that came with the TR CE is a pretty good deal compared to buying the game and figure separately. Good quality although the face doesn't quite match the game that much. It looks more like it was modeled after the initial promo image on the GI cover.

Anyway, judging from the pics for the figure that is being sold at retail in a few months, I guess the top is a different color than CE figure. Regular looks like a blue top while the CE has a white top which is more game accurate.

Amazing! Where did you pick her up?

rakuten or something. Saw it posted on MFC for 6300 yen. Checked mandarake past sells and she sold for 7-8k usually.

What ultimately sold me on this was that she stays via magnets and you can hang it (I would be scared still of it falling =( but thats me being paranoid)

Jessicat

Got this guy in the mail earlier this week:
Man he's huge! It's so cool how all the figures in this series are scaled to each other, I have the Godzilla Jr. figure and he's so small in comparison, haha

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Got this guy in the mail earlier this week:

Man he's huge! It's so cool how all the figures in this series are scaled to each other, I have the Godzilla Jr. figure and he's so small in comparison, haha

I really want the money and the space to get enough room for like a diorama with MonsterArts.

I got King Kong coming eventually.

Nice, the 2020 ver was going to be my first, but if I can find this cheap I might grab it.

Yeah apparently rakuten has her the cheapest compared to amiami and mandarake. Mandarake seems to range from 7-8k, amiami is about 7.8k ish'

edit
forgot to mention rakuten prices. Rakuten-terra from what I searched had her a few times for 6300-6500

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Green Ranger and Red Ranger are now 42.99 instead of 45.99. Amazon will update shortly and it'll adjust if you already preordered

Mew2

Neo Member
Does anyone dislike when fans get figures of series or characters they do not know? I don't mind in the slightest but I was wondering how others felt

Don't know much about Miku but I love her figures T_T

Does anyone dislike when fans get figures of series or characters they do not know? I don't mind in the slightest but I was wondering how others felt

nope. If they look cool, I'll get it. BRS is one example. I know of the character/series but never watched it. But black rock shooter cannon version looks so good visually that I had to get it.

Giolon

Not at all. I buy figures that I think look cool, whether I know anything about the series they're from or not.

This is why I've got several Queen's Blade figures (Risty, Shizuka, Siggy, Tomoe) even though the series is trash, and I've got a Yamamoto Isoroku that's from Sengoku Rance even though I'd never heard of it before.

(True story - when I bought this in Akihabara, my friend in Japan wanted to see it and he exclaimed "Oh! That character's from that hentai game!" We were in the middle of his office and surrounded by all his co-workers at the time. He quickly tried to follow up with, "I, uh, haven't played it but I hear it's pretty good." Sure, buddy. Sure.)

I've also got several Bleach figures too, and I've never seen the show.

Mew2

Neo Member
Not at all. I buy figures that I think look cool, whether I know anything about the series they're from or not.

This is why I've got several Queen's Blade figures (Risty, Shizuka, Siggy, Tomoe) even though the series is trash, and I've got a Yamamoto Isoroku that's from Sengoku Rance even though I'd never heard of it before.

(True story - when I bought this in Akihabara, my friend in Japan wanted to see it and he exclaimed "Oh! That character's from that hentai game!" We were in the middle of his office and surrounded by all his co-workers at the time. He quickly tried to follow up with, "I, uh, haven't played it but I hear it's pretty good." Sure, buddy. Sure.)

I've also got several Bleach figures too, and I've never seen the show.

Haha! Bad way to let every one know you're into Eroge :p

sca2511

I don't really mind what other people get since it's not coming from my wallet. I try to get figures from media that I've already experienced. I don't really "get" the Miku fandom, but that one figure posted earlier, ragingnight's first figure, looks nice.

Hot Toys 1/6 MMS Diecast Iron Patriot

599618_10151329018667344_838181625_n.jpg

I'm really worried about this whole diecast thing they're pushing. What was wrong with the plastic ones? These are going to cost even more and be more prone to paint chipping. Are they even going to release a plastic version down the road? I wish I had the answers...

At least it looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom