• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPARSTARX

Im not even sure who the heck asks for die cast figures. They can possibly be too heavy and less movable than the regular figures.

Hot Toys 1/6 MMS Diecast Iron Patriot

599618_10151329018667344_838181625_n.jpg

I'm really worried about this whole diecast thing they're pushing. What was wrong with the plastic ones? These are going to cost even more and be more prone to paint chipping. Are they even going to release a plastic version down the road? I wish I had the answers...

At least it looks amazing.
That looks fantastic.

Speaking of Hot Toys, my Joker 2.0 shipped yesterday from Sideshow and will be here next week. My ScarJo Black Widow will ship in the next day or two as well.

Im not even sure who the heck asks for die cast figures. They can possibly be too heavy and less movable than the regular figures.
That's assuming they are full diecast though. From their release it sounds as though they are using diecast materials but the figure itself isn't full diecast. It should keep the weight down.

EDIT: Iron Patriot preorder is up:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=902014#gallery

NEO0MJ

I'm really worried about this whole diecast thing they're pushing. What was wrong with the plastic ones? These are going to cost even more and be more prone to paint chipping. Are they even going to release a plastic version down the road? I wish I had the answers...

They'll probably just give it a diecast skeleton, similar to the SOC spec line.

Got this guy in the mail earlier this week:

Man he's huge! It's so cool how all the figures in this series are scaled to each other, I have the Godzilla Jr. figure and he's so small in comparison, haha

Sweet, still he has nothing on the King! I would have probably picked up King Ghidorah despite him bieng organic if it wasn't for the issue with his wings.

They'll probably just give it a diecast skeleton, similar to the SOC spec line.
Well that's even more pointless! Certainly doesn't warrant a $100 price increase on a figure with such a sparse selection of accessories. No battle damage parts, no extra weapons, does it have movable flaps and opening panels like previous MMS figures? Just the usual selection of hands and a stand.

I hate this thread so much.

Just got my Velvet in this week and I should be getting Momohime next week.

Anyone know of a good alternative to the detolf for displaying figures? I picked up two last time I stopped at an Ikea while traveling (nearest one is like 500 miles from me) and I'm in dire need of another. I'd get it online, but Ikea's shipping charges are nuts.

LiK

Hot Toys 1/6 MMS Diecast Iron Patriot

599618_10151329018667344_838181625_n.jpg

fuck, that looks amazing. yea, i don't like die-cast. it seems cool but they don't last and can be damaged easily. anyway, will preorder!

cajunator

Banned
I hate this thread so much.

Just got my Velvet in this week and I should be getting Momohime next week.

Anyone know of a good alternative to the detolf for displaying figures? I picked up two last time I stopped at an Ikea while traveling (nearest one is like 500 miles from me) and I'm in dire need of another. I'd get it online, but Ikea's shipping charges are nuts.

I bought a nice wooden corner curio for a few hundred bucks for that purpose. Its completely filled up though. I have too many figurines.

sooooo after seeing naoe prices before the re-release I decided to get her and hold on to it. I could display it without the hammer or maybe somehow make a more solid stand for it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nintendo is really messing up not setting up some kind of US storefront for Figma Links and Medicom Links and D-Arts Pokemans

LiK

Nintendo is really messing up not setting up some kind of US storefront for Figma Links and Medicom Links and D-Arts Pokemans

i'm annoyed Nintendo keeps licensing Mario figures to subpar manufacturers. Glad they finally have Medicom to make some of their upcoming figures.

johnsmith

remember me
Geez, some of the bishoujos just skyrocketed in price. Phoenix and Scarlet Witch are now both over $100. Bishoujos can take a long time to sell out, but once they do they seem to double in price very quickly.

Geez, some of the bishoujos just skyrocketed in price. Phoenix and Scarlet Witch are now both over $100. Bishoujos can take a long time to sell out, but once they do they seem to double in price very quickly.

im so glad I finally caught up on getting all the DC ones now finally (except Catwoman), now I can sit back and relax for Zatanna

Luigi87

Pre-ordered RAH Link.
I've never ordered an actually expensive figure before, but... It's Link, and Zelda is my favourite series of all time ;_;

chrono01

That RAH Link is really tempting me...

But I have several figures already planned for 2013 [if they're released on-time], so I don't want to dedicate myself to too much early on. I also have the currently-released Link figma...

I think I'll wait and see if HLJ offers him. At least that way I can cancel him easily if the situation calls for it.

Busaiku

Are there any other sites where the Link is up for order?
Sites that let you cancel orders?

Not completely sure if I wanna commit.

chrono01

Are there any other sites where the Link is up for order?
Sites that let you cancel orders?

Not completely sure if I wanna commit.
That's why I'm waiting for HLJ.

They're really great about cancellations. AmiAmi, HS, Otacute, etc. are a lot more strict, with many getting "banned" after just one cancellation attempt [although I've cancelled a few times from AmiAmi, but I spend hundreds there monthly and am always extremely polite in my emails].

HS will let you cancel, but only within 7 days of placing your order. After that, you need to email them to cancel, and they can either charge you a re-stocking fee and out-right deny your request.

For this, HLJ is definitely the way to go. I'm right with you in the feeling that I "want" to pre-order him, but I'm not 100% sure yet if the purchase will be feasible. That's why I'm waiting for Hobby Link Japan so I have a "cancellation safety net" to fall into.

Hopefully, he'll be listed sometime tonight [Sunday] or, very possible, early Monday morning [both would be mid-day --> evening Monday in Japan]. HLJ is, unfortunately a lot slower with updating than AmiAmi/HS. :(

Pachimari

I'm so confused. I ordered an Asuka Kazama figure through Amazon UK and apparently the seller is Japan Import, so now the figure is at a customs clearance - will I have to pay customs for it? I mean, I bought through Amazon UK and I live in Denmark - within EU. =/

I'm so confused. I ordered an Asuka Kazama figure through Amazon UK and apparently the seller is Japan Import, so now the figure is at a customs clearance - will I have to pay customs for it? I mean, I bought through Amazon UK and I live in Denmark - within EU. =/

have to check the sellers. Some are local, some aren't.

edit
regarding customs I believe it depends on your countries stance.

Jayhawk

The Mass Effect FemShep bishoujo figure is shipping to me this week. What I didn't realize is that I pre-ordered it from two separate sites at different times, and now I will end up with an extra bishoujo FemShep figure. Whoops. ><

Bombless

^^ Just got home from work and this good news was waiting in my inbox. Yaaaaaaay. Also I just noticed Hobby Search has it labelled as Commander Shepherd lol.

JonnyBrad

Hey geek figure GAF. Alas due to having to buy an engagement ring for the missus i'm having to sell my Varia Suit Samus from first4figures.

Its going to go on Ebay but i thought that i would first give anyone here a shot at it. Fully boxed and in pretty much mint condition from what i can see. I'm in the UK but will ship if anyone is desparate.

PM me if interested.

Hey geek figure GAF. Alas due to having to buy an engagement ring for the missus i'm having to sell my Varia Suit Samus from first4figures.

Its going to go on Ebay but i thought that i would first give anyone here a shot at it. Fully boxed and in pretty much mint condition from what i can see. I'm in the UK but will ship if anyone is desparate.

PM me if interested.

Incredible figure. Congrats and best of luck selling it!

Pachimari

YEESSSSS!!! Kotobukiya just confirmed on their Facebook, that Jun Kazama is next in line after Ling Xiaoyu - this Jun is gonna be my absolute favorite.

EuOh9Xil.jpg

#1 Christie Monteiro (own it)
#2 Alisa Bosconovith (own it)
#3 Asuka Kazama (on the way - stuck at the customs authorities)
#4 JayCee (on the way)
#5 Lili (coming in May)
#6 Ling Xiaoyu
#7 Jun Kazama

I seriously hope Michelle Chang is next after Jun then, as they revealed her at a recent event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom