• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
That last one has creepy amputated legs.

I almost ordered World is Mine Miku and Tony's Luka, but I'm trying to hold off on any new orders, just sticking to my current preorders. I'm buying a house and will finally have the room to display my stuff, but at the same time my disposable income is going to take a massive hit. Right now the vast majority of my collection is still boxed up.

That last one has creepy amputated legs.

I almost ordered World is Mine Miku and Tony's Luka, but I'm trying to hold off on any new orders, just sticking to my current preorders. I'm buying a house and will finally have the room to display my stuff, but at the same time my disposable income is going to take a massive hit. Right now the vast majority of my collection is still boxed up.

that miku sculpt is pretty top notch. I like it slightly better than the 7th dragon one but not by much.

Cheska

Just figured I'd give a heads up, the Kotobukiya Female Shephard statue is almost out of stock everywhere. I managed to snag a copy off Kirin Hobby before they became unavailable there too. For reference, the Liara one had a very limited stock and has a very high going rate online.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Just figured I'd give a heads up, the Kotobukiya Female Shephard statue is almost out of stock everywhere. I managed to snag a copy off Kirin Hobby before they became unavailable there too. For reference, the Liara one had a very limited stock and has a very high going rate online.

Don't they generally make them available for domestic distribution in the U.S. separately as well?

I see you're a Niθ fan. Dat Lily Salvatana, one of my all time favs.

Yeah I love Niθ's stuff. That max factory ignis is one of my absolute favorite figures ever.

And yeah Lilly's one of my favorites too. I just wish I could have hopped on Donne and Franco when I had the chance. At the time I got lucky and had enough money to preorder lily, but nowadays I have a much better job and my figure budget is much better. I'm really interested in that series from orchid seed with designs by Niθ, really dig leviathan's design.

anime jungle is the only place I know of in LA in Little Tokyo. though their prices are on the high side

Ah that's actually where I got my brs animation ver nendoroid. Yah their prices are a bit high and their selection is alright at best. Guess ill keep looking around, then. Back home I had a really nice comic shop that stocked up some really nice ones and you could preorder the good new ones, too.

^^While not in LA proper, there is Toylet. I think they're in the South Bay (Torrance, Gardena area).

EDIT: Just checked, and I guess they don't have a storefront anymore. And they're in West Covina now...

Ah I've been to their site before, was thinking about ordering a couple of figures and maybe a cospa shirt or two from there. I wish they still had a store, I was living near Torrance up till about two months ago.

Oh yeah, she's a little bigger than the alter ones, but they still look pretty good together.

i7ZYAj8dSiZFs.jpg

The middle one is the same figure at the normal stand pose or its a completely different figure?

This will go fast.

(Pre-owned ITEM:S / BOX:B)Oboro Muramasa - Momohime 1/8 Complete Figure(Released)
7,980 JPY
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-1726-R021&page=top

And it's gone. Lasted all of 20 mins.

Oh my, so there is no way to find her?

Rootbeer

Banned
Soo yeah I pre-ordered the figma Guts Kyousenshi Armor Ver. on Otacute not thinking I'd actually get a shipping notification due to how late I ordered it. I know it comes with the manga but wow, EMS shipping will be ridiculous; Should I just use SAL or registered SAL to save some money? How much slower will it be? I always go with EMS but want to cut some cost on this one. Suggestions please! I've never ordered something from overseas where the shipping was literally about the same price as the item T__T

Here's my options:
EMS
$41.66
Shipping to US (1.36kg)
SAL Small Packet with tracking
$23.43
Shipping to US (1.36kg)
SAL Small Packet (without tracking)
$19.27
Shipping to US (1.36kg)
SAL Parcel
$47.73
Shipping to US (1.36kg)
FEDEX International Economy
$47.61
Shipping to US (1.36kg)

I'm thinking may be registere sal for the added peace of mind. Anyone had problems with unregistered sal? is it slower?

Soo yeah I pre-ordered the figma Guts Kyousenshi Armor Ver. on Otacute not thinking I'd actually get a shipping notification due to how late I ordered it. I know it comes with the manga but wow, EMS shipping will be ridiculous; Should I just use SAL or registered SAL to save some money? How much slower will it be? I always go with EMS but want to cut some cost on this one. Suggestions please! I've never ordered something from overseas where the shipping was literally about the same price as the item T__T

Here's my options:
EMS
$41.66
Shipping to US (1.36kg)
SAL Small Packet with tracking
$23.43
Shipping to US (1.36kg)
SAL Small Packet (without tracking)
$19.27
Shipping to US (1.36kg)
SAL Parcel
$47.73
Shipping to US (1.36kg)
FEDEX International Economy
$47.61
Shipping to US (1.36kg)

I'm thinking may be registere sal for the added peace of mind. Anyone had problems with unregistered sal? is it slower?

register sal and unreg are the same in terms of time.

I got two items with unreg sal and waiting on 2 more (should come tomorrow or sometime this week). So it is reliable from my experience. Though I have to say...the prices on your preorder seem really high for no reason. I mean most reg sal shipping cost is like 15 bucks, Unreg is about 10

I order EMS for the first time today and its like 50 bucks shipping for 3 figures =(. NEVER AGAIN!
Next time I'll just split the orders into separate orders and just unreg sal all of them.

Rootbeer

Banned
hough I have to say...the prices on your preorder seem really high for no reason. I mean most reg sal shipping cost is like 15 bucks, Unreg is about 10
Thanks for the advice. Well I've never used otacute before, I think they are artificially raising the price but I'm not sure. It does seem higher than I expected :/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone got the SRC Megazord? Thinking about buying one to put on my work desk, but I know the SRCs are fairly small

or hell, how's the Legacy Morpher and Legacy Megazord?

Man that Joker looks good, I had finally saved up enough money to pick one up but I went with an 89 Batman off ebay instead
He comes with a ridiculous amount of stuff including the interrogation table from the police station and an alternate laughing version of his face. I'll have a ton of shots later of that. It's likely how I'll end up posing as the Enterbay with the purple coat is already on display for me. I'd like to have this one sans that with just the shirt/tie etc.

Some more Joker 2.0. Packaging along with some shots of the final pose. The coolest thing it includes the interrogation room backdrop in the box! I didn't tape the pieces completely together as they don't fit perfectly into my detolf but I was able to get them stood up convincingly.

Posed shots with backdrop:

You can check out a bunch more shots on my minus gallery here:

http://minus.com/miFaS0ggerth0

now im jelly, thanks for making me regret passing on him. Hopefully he stays in stock for a couple months cause I'm starting a 2nd job in may to let me buy collectibles

Yeah I love Niθ's stuff. That max factory ignis is one of my absolute favorite figures ever.

And yeah Lilly's one of my favorites too. I just wish I could have hopped on Donne and Franco when I had the chance. At the time I got lucky and had enough money to preorder lily, but nowadays I have a much better job and my figure budget is much better. I'm really interested in that series from orchid seed with designs by Niθ, really dig leviathan's design.

Have you seen the art that the next 3 figures will be based on?
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/97003
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/97005
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/97004

Satan and Mammon(dat ass) are easily my favorties. Loving the new poses alot, just hope those 2 wont end up being exclusvies.

Filth

Some more Joker 2.0. Packaging along with some shots of the final pose. The coolest thing it includes the interrogation room backdrop in the box! I didn't tape the pieces completely together as they don't fit perfectly into my detolf but I was able to get them stood up convincingly.

Posed shots with backdrop:

You can check out a bunch more shots on my minus gallery here:

http://minus.com/miFaS0ggerth0

so im really interested in picking this up, but i cant seem to find a reliable spot to buy it. ebay prices are 400 $ + is there any trusted sites where i could possibly get it cheaper?

johnsmith

remember me
The middle one is the same figure at the normal stand pose or its a completely different figure?
There are 2 different Gwendolyn figures. The one you quoted is by Alter, and there's another one by Yamato.

Oh my, so there is no way to find her?

You can still find her if you hunt. She actually popped up for sale new a few days ago, but sold out very quickly. You can set up an alert on http://www.figinstock.com/ to get an email if she comes back in stock again.

Or if you don't mind a preowned one, you can grab one from mandarake for 6,000 yen. It's opened, but since they don't list any damage, it's going to be in very good shape.
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-467043.html

Rootbeer

Banned
Paid... can't wait to get it, compare it to my previous Figma Guts and do some photos with figma griffith.
MnXtBhd.jpg

my figma plate is really full this year -__- most excited for pit & dark pit coming up soon :3
hope the avengers stuff starts going on pre-order soon

There are 2 different Gwendolyn figures. The one you quoted is by Alter, and there's another one by Yamato.

You can still find her if you hunt. She actually popped up for sale new a few days ago, but sold out very quickly. You can set up an alert on http://www.figinstock.com/ to get an email if she comes back in stock again.

Or if you don't mind a preowned one, you can grab one from mandarake for 6,000 yen. It's opened, but since they don't list any damage, it's going to be in very good shape.
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-467043.html

Rats, I was planning to buy the Normal gwendolyn but it was sold out too and thanks for the link, maybe I would buy it.

my plamoya (SAL) package finally came! (it got stuck in customs because plamoya didn't bother to put an invoice on the outside of the package, or inside the package for that matter .....)

Evolution Toy - Doremi Harukaze

evolution-toy_doremi-55itt.png

Evolution Toy - Hazuki Fujiwara

evolution-toy_hazuki-kwdr0.png

now I 'only' need 3 more and I'm done ;)

Keylow415

Paid... can't wait to get it, compare it to my previous Figma Guts and do some photos with figma griffith.
MnXtBhd.jpg

my figma plate is really full this year -__- most excited for pit & dark pit coming up soon :3
hope the avengers stuff starts going on pre-order soon

Where did u get this at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom