• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

soultron

Banned
I used to collect Gundam models. Still have some pretty bitchin' ones I never bothered to build once I outgrew the hobby.

I still don't get all the plump bum + throbbing beaver "hey, check out my ass!" poses. It makes it all the more embarrassing to be a collector, I think.

srst

Amane Shiratori nurse
dsc_8856817.jpg

BobLoblaw

Banned
soultron said:
I used to collect Gundam models. Still have some pretty bitchin' ones I never bothered to build once I outgrew the hobby.

I still don't get all the plump bum + throbbing beaver "hey, check out my ass!" poses. It makes it all the more embarrassing to be a collector, I think.
I tend to agree. I'm a single guy who still plays videogames, builds mechs, etc. but there's no way I could bring myself to buying female figures in those "ready to go" positions. I'd feel embarrassed just owning one. Still, they're nice to look at in pics though. :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm planning on dumping a large chunk of my collection. Ended up with too many figures and it just got beyond tacky.

BobLoblaw said:
I tend to agree. I'm a single guy who still plays videogames, builds mechs, etc. but there's no way I could bring myself to buying female figures in those "ready to go" positions. I'd feel embarrassed just owning one. Still, they're nice to look at in pics though. :D

Barring the hentai figures like that nurse one posted above, I don't see anything embarrassing about it. Or rather, it's no more "embarrassing" than having the games with the same characters in them. :) R. Mika has butt attacks in SFA3. It's pretty much what I would have expected.

srst said:
Amane Shiratori nurse
dsc_8856817.jpg

That's an awesome chair.

Was that part of the figure?

Barring the hentai figures like that nurse one posted above, I don't see anything embarrassing about it. Or rather, it's no more "embarrassing" than having the games with the same characters in them. :) R. Mika has butt attacks in SFA3. It's pretty much what I would have expected.

It's a Catch-22. Yeah R.Mika has a sort of oblivious sexuality about her in the game, but clearly the character is designed to titillate and the statue is in a very peeny pleasing pose. :p

This line of thought is aided and abetted by some of the weird shit I've seen posted on 4chan.
statue/toy bukkake, which as a collector terrifies me. I'm not spending $80 and then nutting on something. :X

Lyte Edge

The Take Out Bandit said:
This line of thought is aided and abetted by some of the weird shit I've seen posted on 4chan.
statue/toy bukkake, which as a collector terrifies me. I'm not spending $80 and then nutting on something. :X

Sadly I knew what was in the spoiler before even highlighting it. :lol People nut over everything though, whatever. I'd like to think (hope!) it's all normal around here.

atomsk

Party Pooper
strawhat crew

now only missing one! (well, 2 for the inevitable release of Brook)

s2z5og.jpg

and yes, Franky's speedo bulge is very creepy

BobLoblaw

Banned
atomsk said:
strawhat crew

now only missing one! (well, 2 for the inevitable release of Brook)

[/img]http://i38.tinypic.com/s2z5og.jpg[/img]

and yes, Franky's speedo bulge is very creepy
I'm paying my car note off next month and I'm definitely gonna use the excess money to track those down. I must have them!

Gagaman

I rarely spend this kind of money on a figure but I couldn't resist, I just pre-ordered one of these resin classic Sonics from Play.com for £65. Postage is free, though.

vertical_02.jpg

Dali

I've been meaning to post this for a little while now. Since someone's bumped this thread, I may as well do it now. Mitsumasa (the guy that did the Poison, Cammy, and Chun Li models that everyone loves) has done another Cammy.

http://mitumasa.com/gallery/cammy2/

123xi5f.jpg

b7ma7b.jpg

qrnar9.jpg

14w954n.jpg

2556z3c.jpg

20az9js.jpg

It's a much younger Cammy from the Alpha series. Pics aren't mine.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Christ. My apartment has too many figures. I would love to buy some more, but I quite literally have nowhere to put them.

atomico

Lyte Edge said:
Got the R. Mika figure for 3500 yen (plus shipping) from Amazon Japan. That's like half the retail price! If the same seller offers the Felicia figure for that price, I'll get that too.

2727191730_53ea86bc0c.jpg

I liked the Ibuki from that capcomaniax series

2e3zyw0.jpg

oddly enough, it's still listed for preorder here (ETA: 10/30/2008 wtf? :lol )

Rindain

Banned
I am selling this rare Zero Suit Samus figure / statue on Ebay:

Click here for Ebay auction

This is Samus from Zero Mission. The figure is by Yujin and was released in 2004. It is 15 cm tall.

IMG_2657.jpg

I posted this over on the Buy/Sell/Trade thread, but thought there might be more interested people over here as well.

srst

Yea. Pretty much all my female figures have flat asses but not as bad as the nurse. And yes, it comes with the chair.

Air Gear Noyamano Ringo
new889.jpg

Lyte Edge

Some other stuff I have gotten recently:

2749693956_5c4da8641e.jpg

2749693950_2597e3087a.jpg

srst said:
Air Gear Noyamano Ringo

I got a smaller version of this figure as part of an Air Gear girls set...isn't this large one like $150?

Lyte Edge said:
Some other stuff I have gotten recently:

2749693950_2597e3087a.jpg

OMG I WANT :O

Yeah! I'm looking to buying the Summer vacation version of Yotsuba, that exact Fuka, Danboard and they will release Ena.. although she will not be displayed in her damn swimsuit *shudders.

RevoltechYOTSUBAAyaseEna1.jpg

RevoltechYOTSUBAAyaseEna3.jpg

Lyte Edge

dabookerman said:
OMG I WANT :O

Yeah! I'm looking to buying the Summer vacation version of Yotsuba, that exact Fuka, Danboard and they will release Ena.. although she will not be displayed in her damn swimsuit *shudders.

RevoltechYOTSUBAAyaseEna1.jpg

RevoltechYOTSUBAAyaseEna3.jpg

I may end up getting the summer Yotsuba one too...I am a big fan! I'll get the Ena one too, but that swimsuit one is too loli/creepy. Are there two versions or is to changeable clothes or something?

There is another Fuuka coming out as well, but I think it's limited and hard to get. Different clothes.

Found it, comes out in September. Don't really care about this one either; sure I'll buy some big-breasted half-naked characters, but this...I dunno. :lol

FIG-080701-1026S.jpg

Lyte Edge said:
I may end up getting the summer Yotsuba one too...I am a big fan! I'll get the Ena one too, but that swimsuit one is too loli/creepy. Are there two versions or is to changeable clothes or something?

There is another Fuuka coming out as well, but I think it's limited and hard to get. Different clothes.

Found it, comes out in September. Don't really care about this one either; sure I'll buy some big-breasted half-naked characters, but this...I dunno. :lol

FIG-080701-1026S.jpg

I'm going to say the Ena is changable.

Also the Bikini Fuka is not very flattering really ;p
Plus I only need one of each. The original Summer Yotsuba has all the accessories of the normal ones plus many more if im not wrong.

It's funny because that's probably a really accurate depiction of an average female japanese body ;p

Rexaur

dabookerman said:
Oh my god! Is that the Hot Toys Joker??

Yep, it sure is the Hot Toys Joker! Most badass one of the bunch IMO.

I also ordered the Dark Knight-suit Batman, but he doesn't come out until September.

Ronok

Gagaman said:
I rarely spend this kind of money on a figure but I couldn't resist, I just pre-ordered one of these resin classic Sonics from Play.com for £65. Postage is free, though.

vertical_02.jpg

£65? Seriously? Wtf. o.o;; That figure is not worth that much. Not at all. :-/

Rexaur said:
Yep, it sure is the Hot Toys Joker! Most badass one of the bunch IMO.

I also ordered the Dark Knight-suit Batman, but he doesn't come out until September.

I lucked out and got the DC Direct one on the cheap, but jesus christ I'm loving this one....must...not....SPEND!

S. L.

Lyte Edge said:

http://static.benippon.com/shop/images/FIG-080701-1026S.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Fuuka is a fatty :lol :lol

Canti

atomico said:
I liked the Ibuki from that capcomaniax series

2e3zyw0.jpg

oddly enough, it's still listed for preorder here (ETA: 10/30/2008 wtf? :lol )
Where do you live? it came out on the 5th of this month in Japan, I have it on order from Playasia (about $70 then 20 shipping).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom