• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Going to have to plan a trip to a model shop to buy model making equipment. Bought a GuP model having never constructed a model before. HA HA...

Next up from Vertex, Noel Vermillion. I mained Noel before I stopped playing Blazblue, so there's a chance I'd buy this if it turns out well. There's only one pic so far and it's not a great angle though:

r600x600.jpg

For anyone wondering, it's her Chrono Phantasma outfit:

bb_noel_art_thumb.jpg

Noel Again? Im waiting for a figure of Nu or at least Lambda.

sooo from the scans it seems i'm getting

jubei (please be an alt or re-release, lucifer alt (maybe), tharja, dark general (amakuni), and kurisu.

Hero

Damn that Tharja looks nice. Any word on when pre-orders will go up and what her price is going to be? Also should we be expecting Figma Marth to be shown off soon?

chrono01

That Tharja...

THAT THARJA!!!

She looks even more amazing than the mock-up photoshop from earlier in the year. Simply incredible. I will be pre-ordering her immediately [well, when she goes up]. I do not care what she will cost!

I passed on the prior Yagyu Jubei - Kirameki Hakugin no Kenki ver. since I have the original on pre-order, but I really do like the look of the new release [those glossy stockings!]. I might have to pick this one after all.

Also, maybe the Dark General. I have to see more pictures first. I'll pass on the Lucifer re-color. I have the original pre-ordered, and quite honestly, prefer the colors there. This one still looks nice, though.

Tharja won't be too expensive, right? I don't remember seeing stupid prices on any Max Factory stuff. None of the figures I have by them were anyway.

chrono01

Tharja won't be too expensive, right? I don't remember seeing stupid prices on any Max Factory stuff. None of the figures I have by them were anyway.
Nah, she shouldn't be priced too badly.

She's 1/7 scale and around 20-21 cm's in height, and given past Max Factory pricing, I'd estimate somewhere between 7,500-8,500 yen [including store discounts].

Of course, Fire Emblem is a popular franchise, so they might decide to charge a "premium" for her, but I somehow doubt that.

Regardless, she absolutely shouldn't go above 10,000 yen, and shouldn't cost much to ship [her pose isn't overly dynamic, so that should keep the packaging size to a minimum]. She'll be well worth it! Shining Wizard does some amazing stuff.

chrono01

Tharja looking good.

No pre-order date yet?
Nope. There's not even a release year listed, so it's possible that she'll be a 2014 release. :(

Once the painting is completed, though, you [generally] get more information soon after [release date, price, etc.]. Here's hoping it doesn't take long. I'm really anxious to get her pre-ordered as soon as possible.

Also, Daisy-chan [Kotobukiya] is painted now, as well! I love Tony Taka's art, and Kotobukiya seems to capture his style a lot better than most companies do.

This year is going to be more expensive than I originally thought. ~_~

Also, Daisy-chan [Kotobukiya] is painted now, as well! I love Tony Taka's art, and Kotobukiya seems to capture his style a lot better than most companies do.

This year is going to be more expensive than I originally thought. ~_~

Just looked and Daisy turned out really well. Damn that paint is great. Might buy if I feel like I haven't ordered too much stuff by the time pre-orders go up. Speaking of Tony Taka, I recently ordered Alter's Melty. She looks awesome, but I'm not sure the August release date will happen.

Also, if your Tharja estimate is right then that price is fine with me. I love MF and Wizard.

chrono01

Just looked and Daisy turned out really well. Damn that paint is great. Might buy if I feel like I haven't ordered too much stuff by the time pre-orders go up. Speaking of Tony Taka, I recently ordered Alter's Melty. She looks awesome, but I'm not sure the August release date will happen.

Also, if your Tharja estimate is right then that price is fine with me. I love MF and Wizard.
Yep! Max Factory/Shining Wizard are amazing. I hope they both continue working together for many...many more years [although my wallet will hate me].

I'm really impressed with how Daisy-chan turned out too. I also have Alter's Melty on pre-order, although she likely won't ship out until the end of the month since I have her combined with others. But yeah, she'll probably be delayed anyway. I'm actually excited to get Alter's Misty [released this month], but again, I'll have to wait until the 29th or so until it can be shipped out.

It can be hell waiting sometimes. :(

chrono01

Any idea when Ami-Ami pre-orders go live? I see the Medicom Guts figure is up for 19,980 JPY, but it just says "on sale soon"...

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-000639&page=top
They're not open on Sunday [Japan time], so probably tomorrow night at around...8-9PM [PST] [which would be Monday in Japan].

Edit - I just saw the Sale Time: It's "2013/06/24 00:00~", so Monday at Midnight [Japan Time]. That would be...a little under 14 Hours.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
They're not open on Sunday [Japan time], so probably tomorrow night at around...8-9PM [PST] [which would be Monday in Japan].

Edit - I just saw the Sale Time: It's "2013/06/24 00:00~", so Monday at Midnight [Japan Time]. That would be...a little under 14 Hours.

Thanks for confirming that, I've never seen Ami-Ami put a listing up for something and not be actually for sale. Now I just need to hope Tharja doesn't release along side of Guts, the beginning of next years already beating the hell out of my wallet.

chrono01

Thanks for confirming that, I've never seen Ami-Ami put a listing up for something and not be actually for sale. Now I just need to hope Tharja doesn't release along side of Guts, the beginning of next years already beating the hell out of my wallet.
You're very welcome!

Yeah, AmiAmi tends to do that on occasion, especially for RAH's it seems. He shouldn't [hopefully] sell out too fast, so I wish you luck in pre-ordering him!

Yeah, the end of this year/early next year will definitely be painful for me as well. I'm trying to balance my pre-orders now so I'm not utterly destroyed by the onslaught of releases.

johnsmith

remember me
you think so? Asuka and Christie never got below 49.99~ as far as I remember.

Asuka is at 49.98 and got as low as 43.36 from Amazon. She got below 40 from 3rd party sellers (not sure if camelcamelcamel counts shipping prices). Christie never got below 50 from amazon, but as low as 45.30 from 3rd party sellers. Alisa got to 44 from amazon. Jaycee is the only one that didn't drop below $50 for some reason.

I'm going to set a price alert for $45, if she hits it, I'll get it, but if not, she's not a high priority for me since I'm not collecting the whole Tekken set, just the ones I like. So far that's only been Alisa.

SUPARSTARX

I'm going to start ordering these off Amazon. Ffffffuuuuuuu

I had some of them preordered off BBTS for a while and then get hit by the bill later at full price.

Kew

Neo Member
I'm going to set a price alert for $45, if she hits it, I'll get it, but if not, she's not a high priority for me since I'm not collecting the whole Tekken set, just the ones I like. So far that's only been Alisa.
What do you use to set your price alerts, if you don't mind me asking?

johnsmith

remember me
I'm going to start ordering these off Amazon. Ffffffuuuuuuu

I had some of them preordered off BBTS for a while and then get hit by the bill later at full price.

Amazon is the best place to get new bishoujo's, always. Prices are always competitive with other stores, but you get FSS, and they have a tendency to drop to $50 or below.

What do you use to set your price alerts, if you don't mind me asking?

http://camelcamelcamel.com/

Anyone going to pick these up?

TOMOPOP

Scans are against the TOS. This thread doesn't get much viewing from the mods, but still.

johnsmith

remember me
Yeah, I'm not sure on the rules regarding offsite links. In the future I won't link directly to them, but direct image posting is definitely something we need to avoid.

LiK

i dunno what type of scans are considered bannable. mods are usually more strict with the Gaming side cuz people actually check there. dunno about toy pubs.

chrono01

Now that pictures of Daisy-chan have officially been released, here she is!

As usual, Kotobukiya does Tony Taka's art justice. I know some people have an issue with her face, but I honestly can't see it at all. She looks beautiful.

Now that we have official pictures, pre-orders should [hopefully] open soon. She's scheduled for December.

LiK

As usual, Kotobukiya does TOny Taka's art justice. I know some people have an issue with her face, but I honestly can't see it at all. She looks beautiful.

Now that we have official pictures, pre-orders should [hopefully] open soon. She's scheduled for December.

damn cute

As usual, Kotobukiya does Tony Taka's art justice. I know some people have an issue with her face, but I honestly can't see it at all. She looks beautiful.

Can't see any issue either. They matched the artwork as well as I've ever seen really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom