• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessicat

Thank you! I've had the notifications set up, but so far no luck. I assume it'll be like every figure and some people will drop out near the end.

If nothing else, the 1500 yen price will make an ebay version RELATIVELY cheaper if I have to go that route.

Now for an extra challenge, do you know a site that's taking pre-orders for those Attack on Titan prize figures that someone posted ten or so pages back? A search on every site only gives me t-shirts, bath mats, and other weird merchandise. A starving man will take what he can get.
I'm not quite sure, I've just been a keen follower of the SMT merch so yea ^^; I'd guess aftre release the usual places [yahoo auctions, mandarake, maybe rakuten?] may have some for sale. Sorry ^^;

chrono01

Edit: OMG, looking at their other stuff on HLJ, this company also makes perhaps the best figure I've ever seen. lolololololol
That's manufactured by Café Reo, not the same one that does Junko. HLJ has her listed incorrectly [the one doing Junko is by Algernon Product].

Hilarious figure, though. >_<

Edit - Honda Futayo will supposedly be going up for pre-order soon. Depending on her price, I might pre-order her. >_<

ip6O4eJOohmUL.jpg

Labrys

I guess it's a good think I haven't played Dangan Ronpa yet, otherwise I might of been all over Junko.
The price is pretty steep for her scale, though. If I do eventually want her I may wait for bargain bin.

chrono01

I guess it's a good think I haven't played Dangan Ronpa yet, otherwise I might of been all over Junko.
The price is pretty steep for her scale, though. If I do eventually want her I may wait for bargain bin.
Be careful. There's an anime scheduled for Summer.

The plot premise sounds very...very interesting. I've never played the games either, so the anime might make me a fan.

We'll see!

Labrys

Be careful. There's an anime scheduled for Summer.

The plot premise sounds very...very interesting. I've never played the games either, so the anime might make me a fan.

We'll see!

Huh! I may check it out.
I haven't checked on the translation patch in a while, I wonder if they're gonna try to get it released before the anime.

chrono01

Huh! I may check it out.
I haven't checked on the translation patch in a while, I wonder if they're gonna try to get it released before the anime.
We can hope!

Honestly, the premise has always interested me, and it's definitely got a pretty size-able portion of fans [that has to account for something...right?].

I'll probably let the anime be my first exposure to the universe. Either way, I'm excited!

Labrys

We can hope!

Honestly, the premise has always interested me, and it's definitely got a pretty size-able portion of fans [that has to account for something...right?].

I'll probably let the anime be my first exposure to the universe. It's supposed to be pretty brutal, too. Here's hoping they don't censor a lot of it. I might have to wait/settle for the Blu-ray in that case. :(
Yeah, from what I read it looked like a mixture of Saw, Clue and Phoenix Wright so I can see how others would be interested in it.
If they can get the patch out before the anime, I'll do that, but if not I think I may just watch the anime. I do hope it's not censored as well, I would hate to see random streams of light and stuff.

chrono01

Yeah, from what I read it looked like a mixture of Saw, Clue and Phoenix Wright so I can see how others would be interested in it.
If they can get the patch out before the anime, I'll do that, but if not I think I may just watch the anime. I do hope it's not censored as well, I would hate to see random streams of light and stuff.
I edited my original comment since I've read [it's not 100% certain, though] that they won't censor a whole lot, so that's good. I'm sure it will have a decent amount of blood, but apparently it'll be pink [and stylized], so that shouldn't be an issue.

I'm with you in hating random beams of light. They appear at the most inopportune moments and are, quite honestly, extremely frustrating.

I've waited for Blu-ray releases for quite a few series because of this. -_-

Also, JUST ANNOUNCED! A scaled figure of Makise Kurisu [Steins;Gate] in her...wait for it...LAB COAT!

I'm not joking. I'm literally trembling with excitement.

Limited + Exclusive, so I'm guessing she will be a Wonderfes exclusive. Don't worry, though. The GSC Online Shop should take orders for her.

I will be instantly pre-ordering her when she's available.

Edit - Yep, the GSC Online Shop will have her available from July 28 - August 5th!

Labrys

I edited my original comment since I've read [it's not 100% certain, though] that they won't censor a whole lot, so that's good. I'm sure it will have a decent amount of blood, but apparently it'll be pink [and stylized], so that shouldn't be an issue.

I'm with you in hating random beams of light. They appear at the most inopportune moments and are, quite honestly, extremely frustrating.

Yeah, I really hate when they do the ligh-
Also, JUST ANNOUNCED! A scaled figure of Makise Kurisu [Steins;Gate] in her...wait for it...LAB COAT!

Limited + Exclusive, so I'm guessing she will be a Wonderfes exclusive. Don't worry, though. The GSC Online Shop should take orders for her.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

chrono01

Yeah, I really hate when they do the ligh-

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I KNOW! I'm so excited.

Best part? She's only around 7k yen, and will be available on the GSC Online Shop from July 28th-August 5th. Release is in November [if there's no delay].

Given the current price for Makise Kurisu [GSC], and that this one has her lab coat [finally]!?

...Yeah, I'll be tempted not to order two.

Labrys

I KNOW! I'm so excited.

Best part? She's only around 7k yen, and will be available on the GSC Online Shop from July 28th-August 5th.

Given the current price for Makise Kurisu [GSC], and that this one has her lab coat [finally]!?

...Yeah, I'll be tempted not to order two.

Uwah, I'm so excited! I missed the regular version, but I do have her Nendo rerelease and the labcoat figma on preorder, hopefully this one next! They'll look so nice next to her regular figma, which I already own.

Also, not familiar with the show, but Nyaruko Maid version Nendoroid is another WF exclusive:

chrono01

Uwah, I'm so excited! I missed the regular version, but I do have her Nendo rerelease and the labcoat figma on preorder, hopefully this one next! They'll look so nice next to her regular figma, which I already own.

Also, not familiar with the show, but Nyaruko Maid version Nendoroid is another WF exclusive:
I missed out on the original release too. I just couldn't get overlook the stairs base she came with [it almost looked as though she was throwing herself down them], and I had no idea that she came with a replacement for those not wanting to use it. When I discovered that, she was already sold out/hard-to-find, and that was that. :(

That will not happen here! I have the Lab Coat Nendoroid re-release, as well, but passed on the figma. The fact that comes with so little accessories [no Dr. Pepper/Gel Banana even :(], and the somewhat static pose turned me away. I was never a massive figma fan anyway, although I do make some exceptions [such as the Nintendo-themed releases].

The Nyaruko looks cute! I have the original Nendoroid of her, so I'll likely pass on this one.

Still, that wink... O_O

Here's the link to Makise Kurisu [Lab Coat version]:

http://goodsmile-wf-global.ecq.sc/top/wf18gscscawd00001.html

Also, the Nyaruko listed above:

http://goodsmile-wf-global.ecq.sc/top/wf18gscnenwd00001.html

Edit - Yep, the GSC Online Shop will have her available from July 28 - August 5th!

OMG! I will be there July 28. I was hoping they would re-release the regular outfit, but this is better!

Ken

I was going to buy this but then Dr. Pepper.

chrono01

OMG! I will be there July 28. I was hoping they would re-release the regular outfit, but this is better!
Indeed!

I was hoping for a re-release of the original too, so this comes as a pleasant surprise.

This is exactly what I wanted in the original. She's perfect.

I was going to buy this but then Dr. Pepper.
What's wrong with Dk. Peppe...er, I mean, "Dr. Lepper"? It's the drink of scientists and high-minded people alike!

Amalthea

Banned
Here's a fun question for you guys.
I've been looking at photos on tumblr of actual Mandarake stores, and I have to ask... How many seconds would it take you to go broke inside of one?
tumblr_lvqbpwudVW1r7h8fto1_500.jpg

Oh god, yes. I love vintage sofubi. I wonder how many (or rather how few) collectors are on Gaf?

But for me their mailorder service takes it's toll already.

WOW! THAT KURISU GSC FIGURE IS AWESOME @@

StayDead

Ahh noo, I want that Kurisu and that Nyaruko but I own both their normal versions.

I might just have to stick with what I have as I can't really afford them. T_T

Luigi87

X_x
Forgot about some orders and suddenly hit with the shipping charges on the Green Ranger, Cu-Poche Saber, and the Ultra Detail figures of SMB Mario, Tanooki Mario, and The Legend of Zelda, Link.

Just snagged a Kongiku off AmiAmi!

Pays to be sitting alone by your computer on a Friday night, waiting for the chance to buy rare boobly figurines...

YEAH! Bonkers to me how another one would show up in their inventory.

chrono01

I'm hoping that they unveil Attack on Titan figures for this upcoming Wonderfes. Given its popularity at the moment, it's practically a given, but we won't know for sure until then.

I can just imagine what Alter might think up...

zoku88

I was hesitant on ordering that Momo figure because I kinda iffy on having such a scantily clad figure sitting on my shelf...

I ordered anyway.

Haha that was also the first thing I thought of. "Kuriiga-san!" I like the sculpt though, whoever did it got skills.

Next up from Vertex, Noel Vermillion. I mained Noel before I stopped playing Blazblue, so there's a chance I'd buy this if it turns out well. There's only one pic so far and it's not a great angle though:

r600x600.jpg

For anyone wondering, it's her Chrono Phantasma outfit:

bb_noel_art_thumb.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
Scans aren't allowed, so I'm not going to post them. But Tharja is finally painted! She looks exactly how I expected.
http://ohnoraptors.tumblr.com/image/53582387501

Also the girls from Devil Survivor 2 got painted. I only played 1, and haven't watched the anime, so these haven't really been on my radar. They look kind of simple and megahouse is making them, so I won't get them unless they end up in the bargain bin, which is likely unless they're exclusives.
http://ohnoraptors.tumblr.com/image/53581963280

And a Demi-Fiend prize figure
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNWIVL8CMAAKgb7.jpg:large

Scans aren't allowed, so I'm not going to post them. But Tharja is finally painted! She looks exactly I expected.
http://ohnoraptors.tumblr.com/image/53582387501

Also the girls from Devil Survivor 2 got painted. I only played 1, and haven't watched the anime, so these haven't really been on my radar. They look kind of simple and megahouse is making them, so I won't get them unless they end up in the bargain bin, which is likely unless they're exclusives.
http://ohnoraptors.tumblr.com/image/53581963280

And a Demi-Fiend prize figure
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNWIVL8CMAAKgb7.jpg:large

Everyone but the main protagonist and antagonist dies =P
(Devil Survivor 2: The animation spoilers)

And that photoshop of Tharja compared the real thing has much more deeper colour and more prominent gold on it, either way yes finally painted will preorder when it's available and now for the "Marth" figma.

Edit: That Demi-Fiend will look great next to my Raidou D-Arts =D

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Damn, dat Tharja looks way better than that photoshop from a while back. Ordering that right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom