• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm get spoiled on plots alot lol kinda used to it XD, how are the figures from what you see? And is there a movie coming out or something for it? I.e. the reasons it's being made.

I'm still debating whether or not I should open the box still, I would like to open it but I'm still not sure; the figures themselves look amazing though, exactly what you would expect from Revoltech, at least from the Gurren Lagann line anyway.
And yes, there were 2 movies that have already been released. Currently there's a Blu-Ray box set that's coming out soon, but Aniplex is pricing it at $550 becuase it's a so-called import.

It's Mitsuru all over again. 12,600 yen. Why are they making these things so expensive? Preorders go up tomorrow night, release in December.

It's a decent size, 270mm (10.5 in), and Reflect's work always turns out great, but that price, and it's a new company with no track record. Ugh.

Fuck, dude. Dat price....

However, she's a good size, and I love the design. I'm in. That'll be my X-mas present to myself.

Bombless

Seeing those Mai pics make me even happier I caught that Black Mai backorder on Amiami. Now I just keep my fingers crossed for it to come through.

The complete Eaglemoss DC Batman Chess collection:

is40W6qhMheLF.JPG

Close-up of the bigger pieces:

Close-up of the Kings and Queens and the Dark Knight Returns Alternate Kings:

Shot of the new Superman Justice League piece which kicks off the Justice League Chess Set:

Jessicat

johnsmith

remember me
I'm pretty sure HLJ and Big in Japan were taking pre-orders for him...?
HLJ: http://www.hlj.com/product/FRU5087/Fig
Big In Japan: http://www.biginjap.com/pvc-figures/6856-shin-megami-tensei-satan-real-figure-.html
You'll probably have to track the pages with FigInStock/email notifications or something though ._.; Good luck!
Thank you! I've had the notifications set up, but so far no luck. I assume it'll be like every figure and some people will drop out near the end.

If nothing else, the 1500 yen price will make an ebay version RELATIVELY cheaper if I have to go that route.

Now for an extra challenge, do you know a site that's taking pre-orders for those Attack on Titan prize figures that someone posted ten or so pages back? A search on every site only gives me t-shirts, bath mats, and other weird merchandise. A starving man will take what he can get.

Pachimari

First pictures of Ling Xiaoyu on Kotobukiya's Facebook.

un5oGxWl.jpg

I'm no fan of her face. It's like the figures are regressing for every new release. First JayCee's face without the mask were no good, then they had problems with Lili's appearance until they "kind of" fixed her and now Xiaoyu's face isn't that great.

Bombless

First pictures of Ling Xiaoyu on Kotobukiya's Facebook.

un5oGxWl.jpg

I'm no fan of her face. It's like the figures are regressing for every new release. First JayCee's face without the mask were no good, then they had problems with Lili's appearance until they "kind of" fixed her and now Xiaoyu's face isn't that great.

This face looks MUCH BETTER than her previous one. Not familiar with the original though.

chrono01

Under 10k, better than I was expecting. Need to see what Amiami will have her for. And I have a feeling December is going to be slammed with releases, so gonna wait until August. I have a feeling a lot of stuff I want is going to go up for orders after Wonderfes.
I'm in the exact same situation.

I love the look of her, however I know nothing of the source material [as if that's stopped me before!], she's relatively expensive, and she's from a new company.

If it weren't for the fact that I personally feel the majority of my "MUST HAVE!" pre-orders will likely be releasing around that same time-frame [Satan/Mammon [HJ/OS], Tharja [MF], Sonico Tiger Parka Ver. [Gift], etc.], I'd probably take the leap and order her anyway. But there's way too much upcoming for me to do that.

I'll probably do the same as you and wait a few months. Since her release is so far off I can't imagine that she'll sell out that fast. Also, it's a new company, the price is above average, and given her size shipping will likely be EMS/SAL Parcel only [although I'd opt for EMS, obviously].

We'll see!

Nice, that's good enough for me. I'll wait and see what Nippon Yasan come up with before ordering though, just in case.
Nippon-Yasan is great. I received my first pre-order from them a week or two ago, and everything was packaged super-securely. The item didn't ship out extremely fast [around 2-3 days maybe?], but that didn't bother me. It's a relief, since I have a few exclusives pre-ordered from them [Franky - Sailing Again, Gamer Girl, Maeda Keiji, etc.].

Despite not being 100% sold on her [as mentioned above], I can definitely see why so many are excited for her. I need to give it a bit more thought [and gauge my upcoming purchases first] before I commit. >_<

Labrys

Nendoroid Alice came in the mail for me today. She's really nicely made, I'll try to get some pictures up later.
Her faceplates are probably some of my favorites out of all of the Nendos, though. The art style is lovely.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Here's a fun question for you guys.
I've been looking at photos on tumblr of actual Mandarake stores, and I have to ask... How many seconds would it take you to go broke inside of one?
tumblr_lvqbpwudVW1r7h8fto1_500.jpg

chrono01

I've been looking at photos on tumblr of actual Mandarake stores, and I have to ask... How many seconds would it take you to go broke inside of one?
tumblr_lvqbpwudVW1r7h8fto1_500.jpg
For the items in the above picture? Never.

For general anime/video game-themed figures, though? I'd estimate between 3-5 seconds, depending on how difficult it would be to un-fasten the button(s) on my shirt/pants.

Why the shirt/pants comment? Well, my actual money would likely instantly evaporate [into seemingly thin-air] with numerous figures replacing it, so my last resort would be to sell the very clothes I am wearing.

Would I be cold? More than likely, however I'd also be happy. So very...very happy.

Pachimari

Gaming Heads just revealed their Jak & Daxter figure! It's based on their iconic posture from the original game. There's also an Exclusive bronze version here.

Gia1w3kl.jpg

But am I the only one who can't order it or put it in a basket? Why? =(

LiK

I'll surely buy it, as I have been waiting on a figure with this exact pose for more than a decade. And I don't collect figures other than the Kotobukiya Tekken line-up. Don't you see a order button either?

i don't think preorders are open yet

Ken

Reminds me of walking into the Sino Center in HK for the first time.

johnsmith

remember me
Got Alter's Stocking today. Nice figure overall, but definitely had some quality control problems. The paint on her dress is uneven, , the leg and stocking seam is a little too visible, and lots of problems on the pink paint of her hair.

Now just waiting on Scanty to complete the set.

Got Alter's Stocking today. Nice figure overall, but definitely had some quality control problems. The paint on her dress is uneven, , the leg and stocking seam is a little too visible, and lots of problems on the pink paint of her hair.

Now just waiting on Scanty to complete the set.

Is there something to that series I'm missing? I tried to watch it, but I couldn't. It's like Powerpuff Girls trying to be raunchy and adult.

chrono01

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt does get better after an episode or two, but I found it struggles a bit near the end. It seems to hit its high-point at around Episode 8 or-so [I especially liked 1 Angry Ghost and its Phoenix Wright parody], but from there it goes slightly downhill.

It's still worth a watch, in my opinion, but it's definitely an acquired taste. It feels like one of those "Love It or Hate It" type shows.

Also, watch the final scene after the credits in Episode 13.

Jayhawk

So I managed to snag badges for two of the San Diego Comic-Con days when they went back up for resale. I wonder how much money I will end up spending on figures there. First, I have to scramble online to find a space in a hotel room with strangers.

chrono01

Junko up at HS now.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10232276

...Yeah, those interested might be better off ordering at BIJ [unless you have something to combine her with].

Nothing listed on AmiAmi/N-Y yet, although I can't see them being priced cheaper than BIJ. That's a pretty large discount they're offering.

Junko up at HS now.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10232276

...Yeah, those interested might be better off ordering at BIJ [unless you have something to combine her with].

Nothing listed on AmiAmi/N-Y yet, although I can't see them being priced cheaper than BIJ. That's a pretty large discount they're offering.

Damn. I want that figure.... but dat price. I have to think before I pull the trigger on this one. Who is it that's making her?

chrono01

Damn. I want that figure.... but dat price. I have to think before I pull the trigger on this one. Who is it that's making her?
HLJ has her listed now for an in-between BIJ and HS price. The up-side? You can easily cancel her if you need to!

http://www.hlj.com/product/caf79354

As for the company, they're new. The only items they've really released are those Donyatsu figures. They have an upcoming Touhou figure as well, but it hasn't been released so I can't speak for their quality.

It's a gamble, for sure, but then this being a relatively new company could push them to an insane amount of work on her. After all, the more positive things people have to say the more likely they are to pre-order/pay attention to further releases from them.

I'm still not pre-ordering just yet, regardless of HLJ offering easy cancellation. I don't like to abuse their cancellation system if I don't absolutely need to, so I won't be committing until I'm less hesitant on her. As I mentioned before, she does look great though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom