• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPARSTARX

That doesn't look much like Gyllenhaal

That's what it's supposed to be molded after.

Might have been a modified cast from their Prince of Persia release hence the more serious look.

jake-gyllenhaal-sexy-wet-chest-body.jpg

Are those hard to find? They're so much more expensive to get now.

They can be. I got that one from Yahoo Auction Japan. Apparently it was considered "used" and therefore paid a lot less for it. When I received it, the thing was brand new!

I am quite jelly. I need to pick up a Yoko figure at some point.

These are all the other ones I have.. (taken a couple of years ago..)
yokoarmy.jpg

gokieks

Another Saber figure from the good folks at GSC, this time the Fate/Zero version along with the motorcycle:

da1cf2bae932359a4b3ca786ad545259.jpg

I had told myself that I wouldn't buy yet another Saber figure, but I'm a weak willed Type-Moon fanboy and so I've already pre-ordered this. Hopefully the USD-JPY exchange rate is decent enough that it'll come in under $200 shipped when it's released.

And I should probably just be thankful they're not making a Irisviel and/or Saber with a Mercedes 300SL. Because for that, I would pay just about anything they asked.

gokieks

Well other than Sion, all of the (important/major/popular) Melty Blood characters are originally from other Type-Moon properties (mostly Tsukihime and its spinoff Kagetsu Tohya). But no, there really aren't many good figures from Tsukihime and Kagetsu Tohya, and certainly not ones that are still readily available today.

Solune

Another Saber figure from the good folks at GSC, this time the Fate/Zero version along with the motorcycle:

http://www.goodsmile.info/cgm/ecommerce/goodsmile/images/large/da1cf2bae932359a4b3ca786ad545259.jpg

I had told myself that I wouldn't buy yet another Saber figure, but I'm a weak willed Type-Moon fanboy and so I've already pre-ordered this. Hopefully the USD-JPY exchange rate is decent enough that it'll come in under $200 shipped when it's released.

And I should probably just be thankful they're not making a Irisviel and/or Saber with a Mercedes 300SL. Because for that, I would pay just about anything they asked.

We should talk over some drinks sometime.

Ronok

They can be. I got that one from Yahoo Auction Japan. Apparently it was considered "used" and therefore paid a lot less for it. When I received it, the thing was brand new!

yokoarmy.jpg

...Your collection go a lot bigger since the last time I saw it.. That's so good. =D

If you have a desk or a short drawer/cabinet it should do.

I do, but it's either going to be at home or at work. Kind of thinking of re-configuring my room at home so perhaps I can figure something out.

We'll see as I have this weekend to decide whether or not to buy it or not.

...Your collection go a lot bigger since the last time I saw it.. That's so good. =D

Haha, I know. Most of the money has gone down on Hot Toys/Medicom figs.

My Hot Toys/Medicom collection is thus:

Medi
-Crap Cap Snake
-Zombie Red Square Camo Snake
-MGS4 Raiden
-Olive Drab Old Snake
-Rei Ayanami
-Asuka

HT
-Cannibal Jack Sparrow
-Davy Jones
-Bank Robber Joker
-Joker DX
-Jack Sparrow DX (waiting for this)

Will be looking out for the Hot Toys MGS figures once they are announced. Guaranteed to buy them.. along with

ThreeA Rex.

Expensive Hobby X_X

LeleSocho

Banned

yokoarmy.jpg

sooooo jelly you have no idea
even if i prefer the darker skin version of the bikini one

SUPARSTARX

Haha, I know. Most of the money has gone down on Hot Toys/Medicom figs.

My Hot Toys/Medicom collection is thus:

Medi
-Crap Cap Snake
-Zombie Red Square Camo Snake
-MGS4 Raiden
-Olive Drab Old Snake
-Rei Ayanami
-Asuka

HT
-Cannibal Jack Sparrow
-Davy Jones
-Bank Robber Joker
-Joker DX
-Jack Sparrow DX (waiting for this)

Will be looking out for the Hot Toys MGS figures once they are announced. Guaranteed to buy them.. along with

ThreeA Rex.

Expensive Hobby X_X

Damn, wish I got into this earlier. Would've loved a Davy Jones to go along with DX Sparrow. My Sparrow is so lonely with HT Marvel/DC and Bruce Lee's.

My small collection:

Enterbay:
Donnie Yen Chen Zhen (Return of the Fist/Fist of Fury sequel)
Bruce Lee Game of Death (Behind the Scenes edition)
Storm Warriors' Striding Cloud (Hong Kong movie)

Hot Toys:
Spiderman 3: Spiderman
Superman (Christopher Reeves)
Batman Begins Bruce Wayne (Sideshow Exclusive/First Night Out)
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - Jack Sparrow
Bruce Lee Enter the Dragon

Hero

Finally got the Kotobukiya Yoko figure. Must be my 10th Yoko figure now. I've got a few more left to get :D

29b5943e325711e19896123138142014_7.jpg

8458901c325711e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

I'm actually surprised that (at least going by the pictures you have) they didn't use her chest as much.

Figures awesome but as it is I'm already into other expensive hobbies like gaming and toys like Transformers and models like Gundams. I literally have more room for more stuff. When you guys post stuff it's like part of my inner nerd is living through your purchases.

I'm actually surprised that (at least going by the pictures you have) they didn't use her chest as much.

Figures awesome but as it is I'm already into other expensive hobbies like gaming and toys like Transformers and models like Gundams. I literally have more room for more stuff. When you guys post stuff it's like part of my inner nerd is living through your purchases.
I've always wondered how many TF collectors are on GAF. I'm sitting on a collection of probably about 300 or so figures, mostly TFs. Always wanted to post pics but the lighting in my house is terrible plus my camera sucks.

SUPARSTARX

Can't say I'm too big of a collector myself, as I only have the model kit Optimus Prime based off the movie. I would like to get the MP-10 set but just holding out for now.

NEO0MJ

I've always wondered how many TF collectors are on GAF. I'm sitting on a collection of probably about 300 or so figures, mostly TFs. Always wanted to post pics but the lighting in my house is terrible plus my camera sucks.

Used to collect them a lot a few years ago. But ever since I started collecting other lines I've been much more picky when it comes to what transformer I buy.

Anyways, this might be interesting news for some Gundam fans. 3A is releasing a Zaku reimagined by Ashley Woods. Preorder for it will be up on bambaland within 5 days.

zaku3a.jpg

zaku2.png

Some more pics.

Oh, the boobs are definitely there :p
6606694557_04b51141ab_z.jpg

Just looking at my current pre-orders for 2012

Got these on pre-order at HLJ -

Charlotte Dunois Jersey Ver. PVC
Kanu Uncho Bunny Ver.
Tekken Bishojo: Christie Monteiro PVC
Tekken Bishojo: Alisa Bosconovitch PVC

I'll be getting all the Tekken figs for sure. They all look awesome. Can't wait for Lili :D
I've never gotten an Ikkitousen figure, but 1/4 Kanu is far too tempting.
Hopefully the only 1/6 HT/Medi figs I get are the MGS ones. There aren't any others that I can't say no to atm.

What about you chaps?

NEO0MJ

So far the only things I have preordered are the Fewture black Getter and Hot Toys Iron monger. I would have the SRC Megazord and the Figma Samus on preorder but no release date or price is set for them =(

atomsk

Party Pooper
That Nami fig is ridicutits

I'm stopped buying P.O.P. once I had all the Strawhats, and the only thing that would get me to buy more is if they add another crew member
just dodged a bullet there with Jinbei it seems

RaginRoss

Anyone know what availability is usually like on Figma stuff?

Worried the Figma Samus sells out super quick whenever it finally comes out.

Used to collect them a lot a few years ago. But ever since I started collecting other lines I've been much more picky when it comes to what transformer I buy.
I've been more selective as of late too, you can chalk that up to the Movie series being the main toyline. Lately I've mostly been getting the third party figures and add-on sets which are huge right now in the TF fandom. Also just recently got the Voyager Optimus Prime from the TF Prime line. Fantastic figure. I'll try to get some decent pics of some of my stuff soon so I can actually participate in the thread.

gokieks

We should talk over some drinks sometime.

cheers-with-beers-thumb12516273.jpg

And that Saber with motorcycle is the only figure I've got preordered for 2012 so far. I tend to be pretty selective on what I buy (since the ones I buy are inevitably $150+ each), so on average I only get maybe 1 or 2 a year.

SUPARSTARX

I got these on preorder for 2012:

Kotobukiya:
Bishoujo Tekken Alisa
Bishoujo Tekken Christie
Bishoujo DC Poison Ivy

Hot Toys:
1989 Batman
1989 Joker

And whenever Hot Toys puts up preorders for The Dark Knight Rises stuff. I'm in. Missed out on Dark Knight stuff. Not gonna miss this one.

sophora

$330 for the 3A Zaku is a tad much for my blood, plus with 3AA membership this month shortly after the Zaku sale that'll take priority over my toy funds, same for the new 7bones Queeny fig releasing, I'm assuming, the tail-end of January. Also looking at Foxbox Studio's new Hades fig this month.

Starting off 2012 pretty much with a whole lot of awesome.

SUPARSTARX

Mmm ordered this GEM Elric PVC and Figuarts ZERO Doflamingo from HLJ. nomnomnom

1.jpg

STK453675.jpg

I keep thinking of how awesome it would be if Hard Gay cosplayed as Doflamingo from One Piece. lol AFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~~~~~

hayejin

So I ordered few figures from these places last week:

ImageAnime
AnimeHaru
Jbox
Plamoya
Anime=Export

Some were through paypal using my credit card and others were using direct cc card detail.

Looks like one of them is scammers or someone who works for them is a scammer.

My card got hijacked and various fraudulent purchases were being made today and my cc company called to close my account and issue a new card.

Bummers.

Well it looks(I'm guessing) animeharu is the scam site.
All the orders from different company have shipped and arrived but animeharu is giving me BS about item is not released yet. And a search for animeharu fake lead me to few sites where people complain about receiving bootleg items and the company being run by same people that ran foxanime.com, bestbuydvdanime etc previous sites that had tons of problem. Even the favorable reviews for this site sound very suspicious and are posted by people with zero posting history and too detailed for a casual customer review. I did do a search initially and fell for those planted reviews but I guess I never bothered to look into it deeper at the time of order.

Now they have this BS policy about charging 30% for cancelling pre order. Anyone know how I can get out of the mess? I don't know how I can dispute the charge with cc if the release date they cited is so far back that I'm afraid I might not be able to dispute when time comes.

I think I'm gonna be buying that Pizza Cats figure. The question is ... do I be a dick and say I'm reviewing it or share the wealth?

(Probably sharing the wealth.)

I want that Nami figure but the boobs and the butt are a little too much for me. I picked up the Perona figure and even that's cutting it personally. Decisions decisions. I'll probably try to pick up another version of the New Age Nami at this rate. Don't know if I'd even be able to find her at this point.

I'm interested in starting to collect figures... Any suggestions on where to actually buy them from? I'm looking to maybe spend around $200 or so. I'm interested in anything video game related and of course figures from Gurren Lagann are nice. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom