• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takuan

I'm interested in starting to collect figures... Any suggestions on where to actually buy them from? I'm looking to maybe spend around $200 or so. I'm interested in anything video game related and of course figures from Gurren Lagann are nice. :p
I've bought a handful of Japanese stuff from Amiami.com's English webpage. They seem to be consistently the cheapest, and I've had nothing but positive experiences ordering from them on three or four separate occasions.

Check 'em out: http://www.amiami.com/index?ransu=6063837929519210

Also, you'll quickly find that $200 won't take you very far - especially if you're into the higher-quality stuff - there's literally an endless supply of really cool shit out there.

3d3291fa77335aee8e1c5269657ff7cb.jpg
Very nice. $120 is steep, though. I was considering getting a Revoltech-like version a while back, but didn't want to spend the money. There will always be something I like, and I currently don't have the display space for... anything. Just looked it up at Amiami and it's only about $80 before shipping. I don't think shipping will run much more than $20, so you might be better off ordering from there, Auron. Here's the product link: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ywords=izanagi$pagemax=100$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1.

Not a huge fan of One Piece, but I've always liked the character designs. Digging that Nami, but I don't know if I could ever own something like that. I can appreciate them, though.

FigureGAF.

I feel .. cheap, My collection tends to favour things like Neca or Mcfarlane. Id love to post my stuff but i fear ridicule for being low end?

Should i? Im getting a decent collection of

Doctor Who/Halo/Misc figures going.

Solune

cheers-with-beers-thumb12516273.jpg

And that Saber with motorcycle is the only figure I've got preordered for 2012 so far. I tend to be pretty selective on what I buy (since the ones I buy are inevitably $150+ each), so on average I only get maybe 1 or 2 a year.

I'm the same way, but I throw down money on T-M / Vanillaware figures as well as misc merch that I love. I really want it Suit Saber but, don't know if I can afford it. Suit Saber on a bike to go with Saber Lily , Red Saber, and Regular Saber would be awesome

SUPARSTARX

I want that Nami figure but the boobs and the butt are a little too much for me. I picked up the Perona figure and even that's cutting it personally. Decisions decisions. I'll probably try to pick up another version of the New Age Nami at this rate. Don't know if I'd even be able to find her at this point.
I think I'm just going to stick to picking up P.O.P. chicks. Mainly want TS Nico Robin and Shirahoshi at this point. I might get Perona but I don't really like how she looks lol.

FigureGAF.

I feel .. cheap, My collection tends to favour things like Neca or Mcfarlane. Id love to post my stuff but i fear ridicule for being low end?

NECA and McFarlane stuff is cool. They're diverse in a lot of different licenses of things they make. Higher end stuff is more limited. I'd say go for it.

I'm personally going to stick to just One Piece and Batman related stuff. I will dip on fighting game related things when I see it.

So far I've got these things on the horizon for 2012

Hot Toys 1/6 1989 Batman
Hot Toys 1/6 1989 Joker
Hot Toys 1/6 1989 Batmobile (not too sure about this one... pricing will influence heavily or I'll just buy it to flip later)
Hot Toys 1/6 or 1/4 The Dark Knight Rises (depending on which looks better, I may just get a set if they make that many)

Enterbay 1/4 Terminator 2 T-800

MegaHouse P.O.P. TS Nico Robin
MegaHouse P.O.P. Shirahoshi

Kotobukiya Bishoujo Christie & Alisa (Tekken)
Kotobukiya Bishoujo Chun Li & Cammy (Street Fighter)

Takuan

FigureGAF.

Neca is releasing at least one pretty sick-looking RE figure in March, but you probably already know. I feel like the end product is bound to look worse than the prototype, but at the same time think that the colourway of the figure should allow for mass production without a huge decrease in quality:

5banimepaper.net5dpicrvxtn.jpg

Hot. I don't even really follow RE, but I've just got this thing for gas masks. My buddy sent me the link and I immediately wanted it. The toughest thing is going to be the pattern on his clothing, but everything else should be fairly easy.

Like _dementia said, collect what you like, share what you want. I don't think Geek GAF really judges; they're more likely to say nothing than to outright antagonize.

Boogiepop

Damn, preorders for Figuarts ZERO Perona and Moriah friggin sold out so faaast.

Oh wow I didn't even know those were coming out. Where's a good place to actually see when Figuarts ZERO figures are announced? And nice to see where they're going next. Hopefully this line will continue to get fleshed out, and maybe eventually they'll put out a nice Eneru/dreaming.

SUPARSTARX

Now I must stalk you on the SS Forums.

Just got my Cap earlier this week and I really like him, although I may try to alter the costume to allow him to raise up his arms. I'll post pics when I get home.

Ya picking up Red Skull? Promo shots look amazing. Totally Hugo Weaving spot on.

Oh wow I didn't even know those were coming out. Where's a good place to actually see when Figuarts ZERO figures are announced? And nice to see where they're going next. Hopefully this line will continue to get fleshed out, and maybe eventually they'll put out a nice Eneru/dreaming.
I've no idea, I got lucky and saw it on preorder on Hobbysearch. I didn't have an account when I put it in my cart, after my registration was done the preorders were closed and I was unable to checkout. GG.

DemiMatt

Ya picking up Red Skull? Promo shots look amazing. Totally Hugo Weaving spot on.

I'm like 90% sure I'll be picking him up, he looks absolutely spot on. I already have Iron Monger Paid off, and just have Boba Fett and DX Luke for the rest of my Pre Orders, still on the fence baout MILK War Machine, and Black Spidey. Are you getting those 2?

SUPARSTARX

I'm like 90% sure I'll be picking him up, he looks absolutely spot on. I already have Iron Monger Paid off, and just have Boba Fett and DX Luke for the rest of my Pre Orders, still on the fence baout MILK War Machine, and Black Spidey. Are you getting those 2?

I'm on the fence about DX Luke. Looks great but I'm not as big of a Star Wars fan as I wold like.

I've seen the MILK Warmachine in person at ImageAnime, and it looks better than the promo shots. The contrast between the black and white is not as big in person which is what I personally like. I prefer the gun metal grey version anyway.

As for Spidey, I think I'll pass. I have the regular one already and I don't think a black suit and Tobey's mug with the gimmicky sandman base stand is gonna get me to fork out another $210+shipping. I'll pass on that and just wait for some nice Portrait of Pirates stuff.

I'm mostly just going to focus on the Batman and Bruce Lee related stuff for now.

DemiMatt

I'm on the fence about DX Luke. Looks great but I'm not as big of a Star Wars fan as I wold like.

I've seen the MILK Warmachine in person at ImageAnime, and it looks better than the promo shots. The contrast between the black and white is not as big in person which is what I personally like. I prefer the gun metal grey version anyway.

As for Spidey, I think I'll pass. I have the regular one already and I don't think a black suit and Tobey's mug with the gimmicky sandman base stand is gonna get me to fork out another $210+shipping. I'll pass on that and just wait for some nice Portrait of Pirates stuff.

I'm mostly just going to focus on the Batman and Bruce Lee related stuff for now.

Ah, See I'm a huge ESB fan so the Luke is a must buy for me.

As for the MILK I like the character and paint job alot, however when I saw pics of the two together I preffered to the Gunmetal one.

As For Spidey, he feels like I gotta have him for a cool set up, but I feel since I have tons of Iron Man the color swap isn't a big justification to me.

DUnno what I'm waiting for, not going for the 89 Batman, might get the Tron2 Lightcycle, but for now my POs as of this year have slowed down. It seems that HTs is destroying their own market by all the price hikes and flood of new releases.

SUPARSTARX

Ah, See I'm a huge ESB fan so the Luke is a must buy for me.

As for the MILK I like the character and paint job alot, however when I saw pics of the two together I preffered to the Gunmetal one.

As For Spidey, he feels like I gotta have him for a cool set up, but I feel since I have tons of Iron Man the color swap isn't a big justification to me.

DUnno what I'm waiting for, not going for the 89 Batman, might get the Tron2 Lightcycle, but for now my POs as of this year have slowed down. It seems that HTs is destroying their own market by all the price hikes and flood of new releases.

I might get Captain America and Red Skull if I see anymore good Red Skull promo shots. Captain America's going for like $150 to $170 around the net before shipping. Not too hard to nab. They're also doing another Captain America before he got the WW suit with the older shield and war helmet instead of the mask thing too.

Takuan

Damn, preorders for Figuarts ZERO Perona and Moriah friggin sold out so faaast.

Do either of you own figures from the Figuarts ZERO line? I really liked the POP figures I first saw in Tokyo a few years ago and followed up on them for a bit, hoping for a nice Trafalgar Law figure (didn't get one, lol). I wanted to get the Crocodile figure for a while, but never acted on it and he eventually sold out. I was a big fan of the DX figures released by Bandai (I think?), but AmiAmi didn't seem to stock them, or they sold out immediately once stock arrived. Their Trafalgar figure is probably the best I've seen, in any scale. They made a nice Kid, too.

This Figuarts Zero line appears to go for a bit more than the Bandai DX line but are much cheaper than POP figures, so I imagine their quality is somewhere in between those two? That Croc looks really good, more sinister than the POP release, and comes with his coat, so if anyone has information regarding the quality of releases by this company I'd really appreciate it.

Boogiepop

I have a Law, Whitebeard, Luffy (with Roger's Coat), New World Franky, and New World Zoro right now (hoping to at least grab the rest of the crew before too long). I don't really have too much to compare them to, as I can never justify the more expensive lines like P.O.P., so I guess take my impressions with a grain of salt, but I've been very happy with them. Of course as the line's name implies they don't pose, and have few extra features (Franky's hands move, and pretty much all jackets/weapons are removeable, plus a few little things like changeable heads for different hairstyles on Franky). However, I've found them to be nice little sculpts, and ones that really seem to be choosing their poses well.

The only thing that I'd "warn" against is that the mouths are a little different on some of the figures and make it look a little like they're wearing lipstick (Zoro and Luffy are affected by this of the figures I own.)

SUPARSTARX

Do either of you own figures from the Figuarts ZERO line? I really liked the POP figures I first saw in Tokyo a few years ago and followed up on them for a bit, hoping for a nice Trafalgar Law figure (didn't get one, lol). I wanted to get the Crocodile figure for a while, but never acted on it and he eventually sold out. I was a big fan of the DX figures released by Bandai (I think?), but AmiAmi didn't seem to stock them, or they sold out immediately once stock arrived. Their Trafalgar figure is probably the best I've seen, in any scale. They made a nice Kid, too.

This Figuarts Zero line appears to go for a bit more than the Bandai DX line but are much cheaper than POP figures, so I imagine their quality is somewhere in between those two? That Croc looks really good, more sinister than the POP release, and comes with his coat, so if anyone has information regarding the quality of releases by this company I'd really appreciate it.

I got some of the crew in FZ TS format. Missing Brook and Franky for now. I have some of the pictures posted earlier in the thread. I'm collecting bits of the POP's here and there but I'm only interested in getting the female characters for now.

So far my FZ to-pickup list:
Perona
Franky
Brook
Doflamingo
Ace
Moriah
Camie

Probably gonna get the three admirals but I kinda want to just focus mostly on the new world/time skip stuff.

My POP list
TS Nico Robin
Perona
Bonney
Shirahoshi

DPCF Vivi
DPCF Western Nico Robin

Boogiepop

Man, I think I totally ruined myself by getting Whitebeard and Franky (New World) so early. I mean, compared to Whitebeard everyone else is tiny, and compared to Franky everyone else is... sideways tiny?

SUPARSTARX

lol yeah.... *looks at chopper* .... yeah... :( but the paint job is fantastic for the most part compared to everything else close to that scale.

SUPARSTARX

Those look amazing. I'm unfortunately not a fan of Vanquish but I can appreciate the great detail they put into that.

Ordered Kotobukiya Batgirl off BBTS. I missed the first run so I made sure not to miss it this time. I actually want the original colorway more but the all black/gold colorway ain't bad either.

image.php.jpeg

I'm excited for the Poison Ivy statue. Looks great too.

Very nice. $120 is steep, though. I was considering getting a Revoltech-like version a while back, but didn't want to spend the money. There will always be something I like, and I currently don't have the display space for... anything. Just looked it up at Amiami and it's only about $80 before shipping. I don't think shipping will run much more than $20, so you might be better off ordering from there, Auron. Here's the product link: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ywords=izanagi$pagemax=100$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1.

Thanks for the link but I just missed out on amiami - it's sold out - but I just pre-ordered on HobbyLinkJapan (it's about $80 on their site as well). Hopefully I still can get it from them, though generally I've had a good experience with the few things I've gotten through them. As for where he'll go - either here at work or on my bookshelf at home. Lucky for me, I rarely buy any figures really, though this year, I'll be getting the Club Lion Force Voltron figures as well.

SUPARSTARX

Finally got my Dizzy, damn near shed a tear when I opened her. Thank you Alter for re releasing her.
[]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/110/p1010923f.jpg[/IMG]

How many of you folks are on My Figure Collection?
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/devastator

Its a pretty damn awesome way keep track of your collection and to keep up to date with all the latest figure announcements.

I don't have a whole lot but nice Dizzy!
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/CNOVAX

SUPARSTARX

Enterbay busting out the cavalry to compete against Hot Toys this year.

New base action body RM-5 with a Shek Kin head sculpted along with it. Their way of completing Enter the Dragon stuff without paying licensing fees.
69464edegw1doyhl1oxw6j.jpg

69464edegw1doyhmvm5x6j.jpg

69464edegw1doyhulcrcmj.jpg

And finally the promotional pictures for their SCARFACE "Respect Version" 1/6 figure

404881_10150506638219585_329989274584_8913997_126168654_n.jpg

387251_10150506638574585_329989274584_8914001_609330133_n.jpg

395541_10150506638854585_329989274584_8914003_1059390821_n.jpg

374285_10150506639039585_329989274584_8914006_1244091575_n.jpg

381705_10150506639164585_329989274584_8914007_1736462916_n.jpg

400809_10150506639839585_329989274584_8914014_2071025441_n.jpg

401512_10150506640224585_329989274584_8914018_586571250_n.jpg

Bumhead

Banned
Where is the best place to get these sort of figures?

I'm mostly after videogame stuff, generally from series such as Metal Gear and Resident Evil amongst others. I usually just pop into my local Forbidden Planet from time to time but they're really hit and miss. Aren't really sure of any other UK based (or will ship to UK) retailers, either high street or online.

Only have a Big Daddy so far. He's the only figure I have but he is amazing and I love him <3

(Crappy phone pics ahoy)

WP_000137.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom