• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPARSTARX

My brother dropped off a huge box of stuff from my mom's house that belonged to me I was going through it and found this still in the original box though the box was torn to shreads the figure is in great condition I remember buying it when I was a kid from a local EB Games so many years ago......*nostalgia*

Oh this is quite nice

Guess who's Revoltech Anubis just got shipped from HobbyLinkJapan ? Oh yeah, right for Christmas

Yup! Mine as well. Along with..
wall-e03.jpg

And

max04137.jpg

I want those One Piece figures so badly. Not sure about Nami though. Love the character but I don't know if I want that bikini top version. :/

Anyways, I'm looking for one or two DBZ figures for my brother for Christmas. This would just be a side present so I'm not looking to break the bank or anything but a nice looking figure of someone like a Super Saiyan Gohan or Vegeta would be great. I've seen some good looking figures on GAF here and in the pick-up thread in the past but I can't remember any series names.

hayejin

Anyone ever order from anime-export.com?

I just pre ordered something(via paypal) but I didn't realize they took the money instead of simply pre-authorizing it.
So the item may not release in the next 45 days. How do I get my money back if they don't deliver the promise within 45 days?

SUPARSTARX

I'm terrible. I caved in and picked up Jack Sparrow. Such a wonderfully made package.

This has set my Enterbay T-800 pick up back down to maybe a few months. Don't want to overspend!

6547649309_71795e0bc0_b.jpg

6547649589_00e75ce2a0_b.jpg

6547649885_c30c4a153b_b.jpg

6549392045_f01e6052b2_b.jpg

6549390721_2aa30c06e5_b.jpg

6549393405_239f2bc556_b.jpg

IMG_6484.jpg

I was very confused at how I was supposed to make Jehuty stand up and Anubis was also a bit hard and this is the only pose I got satisfied with, I could not recreate the others one TT

hayejin

So I ordered few figures from these places last week:

ImageAnime
AnimeHaru
Jbox
Plamoya
Anime=Export

Some were through paypal using my credit card and others were using direct cc card detail.

Looks like one of them is scammers or someone who works for them is a scammer.

My card got hijacked and various fraudulent purchases were being made today and my cc company called to close my account and issue a new card.

Bummers.

SUPARSTARX

ImageAnime is trusted, that is my local shop that I frequent in person. So that is very unlikely IMO since it's a married couple and two other guys running logistics and sales for like the last ten years or so.

SUPARSTARX

Got my S.H.Figuarts ZERO Robin and Chopper New world versions. They look fantastic.

Tony Tony Chopper

6566310173_39e248e91e_b.jpg

6566309549_6a96762e5c_b.jpg

Robin-schwan

6566308829_a3841939c4_b.jpg

6566307811_cc1241f09d_b.jpg

6566307461_14b5bbeec7_b.jpg

Next to my other Robin from the Super Styling line of figurines.

Also, DAT ASS
6566308357_1327c18081_b.jpg

Boogiepop

Got the Figuarts Zero New World Franky and Zoro for Christmas. Franky in particular is pretty damn cool and seems to have a good bit more going on than most of the rest of the line (interchangeable head including the new and old hairstyles, see through and transparent glasses, hands can move, and at least one of the forearms is removable.) Definitely want to aim for the full set of New World Strawhats soon, and also getting tempted to go back and grab some of the other characters I missed. (Currently have a Luffy with the Roger coat, Law, and Whitebeard, who is particularly amazing.)
What a great little line.

Speed line, you have an amazing wife :D

Nice koto figures. Cat woman is awesome. I'm aiming to get all the tekken bishojou figures. Got Christie on order :)

SUPARSTARX

Making a compelling argument to pick up those Kotou statues but I'm going to bite my lip and wait for my Tekken preorders to ship. They are amazing looking.

This just makes me more excited to see what they do with the Street Figther stuff.

Making a compelling argument to pick up those Kotou statues but I'm going to bite my lip and wait for my Tekken preorders to ship. They are amazing looking.

This just makes me more excited to see what they do with the Street Figther stuff.

I want an amazing morrigan one. There's one that max factory did... But it's rare and the asking price is beyond ridiculous :(

10085940a.jpg

SUPARSTARX

I want an amazing morrigan one. There's one that max factory did... But it's rare and the asking price is beyond ridiculous :(

[]http://www.clockworkmachina.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/10085940a.jpg[/IMG]

Sigh~~ I know man, I came into the collecting game too late.

I won't let anything good slip by though, but I won't spend too much on statues unless it's real good. I'm okay with dropping a little more for the Hot Toys stuff since the detail is up there and they're poseable. These things are priced alright. You've got cheaper big scaled stuff from Mattel, NECA and Hasbro sitting around the $80 to $100 range. Everything a little higher nets you much better detailed and articulated things in the Enterbay and Hot Toys range between $150 to $200.

Sigh~~ I know man, I came into the collecting game too late.

I won't let anything good slip by though, but I won't spend too much on statues unless it's real good. I'm okay with dropping a little more for the Hot Toys stuff since the detail is up there and they're poseable. These things are priced alright. You've got cheaper big scaled stuff from Mattel, NECA and Hasbro sitting around the $80 to $100 range. Everything a little higher nets you much better detailed and articulated things in the Enterbay and Hot Toys range between $150 to $200.

Truth, although I've been collecting for about 5 years now, the quality hasn't really shot up till about 3 years ago. With hot toys, you get what you pay for really. More so than Medicom..
I had a 2 year stint of unemployment and thus I ended up paying a bit more on certain figures. joker DX for instance.

Right now I have my eyes on metal gear Rex by threeA. That's gonna be a pricey bitch :(

SUPARSTARX

Truth, although I've been collecting for about 5 years now, the quality hasn't really shot up till about 3 years ago. With hot toys, you get what you pay for really. More so than Medicom..
I had a 2 year stint of unemployment and thus I ended up paying a bit more on certain figures. joker DX for instance.

Right now I have my eyes on metal gear Rex by threeA. That's gonna be a pricey bitch :(

I saw that photo of how articulated it is. Well worth it IMO.

I have the 89 Batman and Joker on preorder. I just hope they don't charge an arm or leg for the Batmobile when it comes out. I really want to complete it.

sophora

At the request of SUPARSTARX; posting my latest pick ups this month from 3A. Need to get a better camera but here are some highlights of my shoots :)

XXXmas Tomorrow Queen Lolli:

Adventure Kartel: Bleak Mission

I saw that photo of how articulated it is. Well worth it IMO.

I have the 89 Batman and Joker on preorder. I just hope they don't charge an arm or leg for the Batmobile when it comes out. I really want to complete it.

Don't even mention the 89 Batmobile x_x

I would totally get that if my salary was double haha. It is so badass, but i wouldn't know where to put it. It's amazing.

SUPARSTARX

Are those hard to find? They're so much more expensive to get now.

I finally got my P.O.P. "Sailing Again" Nami! Looks gorgeous. And picked up a Hot Toys TTM to bash a Bruce Wayne kit. Just missing a good outfit to put on. Might get one of those bootleg suits for $15 on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom