• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys really think sites are gonna crash for Samus? I thought that only happened with the One Piece figures. So much good stuff shown in this month's hobby japan. This year is gonna be insane.

Where and how much? I don't buy figures so I'm not really sure where the best place to pre-order this. Is HobbyLinkJapan usually the go-to place?

IMO amiami is the best place as they offer the best prices and their customer service is tops. Giolon has a direct link to her in the post below yours. She's 5750 yen there which is about $75

Hero

IMO amiami is the best place as they offer the best prices and their customer service is tops. Giolon has a direct link to her in the post below yours. She's 5750 yen there which is about $75

Thanks for the links and info. Is EMS shipping okay? Or should I go with SAL registered?

ColonelSkills said:

Thanks for these links as well, their prices are a little higher though. Hmm.

Giolon

Thanks for the links and info. Is EMS shipping okay? Or should I go with SAL registered?

EMS is faster, but it requires a signature in person and can be 50%+ more expensive. I generally do SAL Registered which takes usually 5-10 days to reach me in SF, vs EMS which takes 2-4 days, unless I'm really in a hurry.

Hero

EMS is faster, but it requires a signature in person and can be 50%+ more expensive. I generally do SAL Registered which takes usually 5-10 days to reach me in SF, vs EMS which takes 2-4 days, unless I'm really in a hurry.

Thanks, no need for the urgency at that kind of cost. These will be my first two figures ever.

SAL is slower than EMS. Consider it the equivalent to regular airmail. I usually order things via SAL and have never had an issue. Speed's not bad all things considered either.

Thanks for these links as well, their prices are a little higher though. Hmm.

HLJ's early bird discount is just less than that of AmiAmi's, same base price though from the looks of it.

Hero

Yeah thats normal.

I usually go with SAL unregistered. With amiami its never taken more than 10 days to get to me(Northern California) which is pretty damn fast. HLJ used to taked about 21-23 days when I used SAL.

Any difference between registered and unregistered? Like chances of it getting lost or something?

johnsmith

remember me
Order placed for Zero Suit Samus. My first preorder from Japan. I sure hope this doesn't become a habit. Things could get very expensive for me very fast.

johnsmith

remember me
Oh man. Bishoujo Phoenix is what got me started buying figures. I've loved the X-men since I was a kid and Jean Grey/Phoenix was always my favorite. As soon as I saw Bishoujo Phoenix I knew I was in trouble. Up to then I'd always resisted this aspect of geekdom as being too expensive and too embarrassing, but that figure was just too nice.

I've got Bishoujo Psylocke, Jean Gray, and Phoenix so far. Samus will be my 4th.

Any difference between registered and unregistered? Like chances of it getting lost or something?

I believe registered is insured and you can track your package, unregistered is no insurance and you can't track. I have never ever had a problem with unregistered and I've being using it since March 2006.

Giolon

I believe registered is insured and you can track your package, unregistered is no insurance and you can't track. I have never ever had a problem with unregistered and I've being using it since March 2006.

Yep, that's it. I'm not sure if registered costs more than unregistered. It wouldn't be much in any case. I like being able to see where my package is.

BTW, where's your icon from. It's awesome!

Hero

Yep, that's it. I'm not sure if registered costs more than unregistered. It wouldn't be much in any case. I like being able to see where my package is.

Much appreciated again!

Why thank you. Her name is Alice and she is from chunsoft's upcoming Good People Die for the 3DS and Vita.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442297

Much appreciated again!

No prob, I'm just happy I found another place to chat about figures. I rarely check GAF outside of gaming and even then its only a few threads and I dont post much. So when I came across this thread my eyes lit up big time. I love me some toys and am glad to help out anyone in anyway I can.

RaginRoss

Pre-Ordered the Figma Samus from AmiAmi. Thanks for the heads up!

It's saying they'll let me know when the shipping costs are confirmed - anyone know roughly what I should be expecting?

I've went for SAL Registerd, and i'm in the UK.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
+1 on the Figma Samus. Went with Hobby Search as I still had some points there so it ended up being the cheapest.

How heavy is the Zero Suit Samus statue? I've ordered the figma model, but I'm still trying to work out if Amiami can send the ZSS via registered SAL (less than 2kg) cos EMS shipping looks way too expensive (coupled with UK customs). I think the statue would work out ~£48 on its own, but delivery + customs really does inflate the price.

Any UK / London gaffers have any estimations of customs for me?

How heavy is the Zero Suit Samus statue? I've ordered the figma model, but I'm still trying to work out if Amiami can send the ZSS via registered SAL (less than 2kg) cos EMS shipping looks way too expensive (coupled with UK customs). I think the statue would work out ~£48 on its own, but delivery + customs really does inflate the price.

Any UK / London gaffers have any estimations of customs for me?

It will be fairly light I'm certain. They aren't made from polystone and it's only 1/8th scale. You should be fine :)

Joker_GSF

I am actually not really into Figma, as i love the clean form of statues.. But the figma of samus is incredible!

But the other samus figure might be nice but that metroid brain being holded from that piece of plastic looks cheap to me..

But that Figma... Awesome!

kamikaze

zero suit samus pre-ordered!

the figma one is very tempting...but then it might start me down the road of collecting figmas which would make me spend even more money on toys. :p

01DragonFly

those samus figures look great , hopping that my money situation changes before release. The only figure I would preorder even if i did not had the money . the Escaflowne from half eye >.< been waiting since 2010.

The Boat

Is AmiAmi good with shipping to Europe too? I ordered from HLJ once and had no problems, but AmiAmi is cheaper. Not knowing how much shipping is sucks though.
EDIT: Fuck it, pre-ordered :D

gokieks

I really don't like the way Zero Suit Samus looks all that much (especially her face), but that's likely to be the best Samus figure we'll get in quite some time. Decisions decisions...

Wish somebody (and by that I mean GSC) would make a 1/6 - 1/8 Power Suit Samus.

Solune

I really don't like the way Zero Suit Samus looks all that much (especially her face), but that's likely to be the best Samus figure we'll get in quite some time. Decisions decisions...

I think the suit itself looks pretty nice, although kind of glossy / shiny. I agree with the face though.

I'm not a huge fan of Max Factory myself but that pretty much sums it up. We are likely to never see another Samus figure this good in that price range. The Figmas and PVC figures I have by Max Factory rarely match the quality of the promotional shots released by them but here's hoping for the best!

2scoops

I think kotobukiya bishoujo would make an awesome Samus zero suit, but then again mabye not. I don't know to much about figures, and basically stick to Neca horror lines...

Krelian29

My first Marvel Bishoujo Statue

BishoujoPsylocke000.jpg

BishoujoPsylocke002.jpg

BishoujoPsylocke001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom