• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

How much do I have to worry about the pieces not popping out of those sheets properly (like unnecessary plastic still hanging on, or a full piece not coming off)?

Has anyone picked up any of those Mega Man (Proto Man, Zero, etc) models from Kotobukiya?
Never assembled any models or anything like that before, so I'm wondering how difficult assembly might be.

I have Mega Man and love it. It's very high quality and not too difficult to put together. Just be really careful with the pieces and assembly. Mine is unpainted but still looks great.

I would be leery about ordering from Amazon or eBay. A lot of knock offs out there.

johnsmith

remember me
Those megaman kits on amazon are sold by amazon themselves, and they're listed as an official seller on kotobukiya's site. That's pretty much as legit as you can get.

Beez

Banned
My first Marvel Bishoujo Statue

BishoujoPsylocke000.jpg

BishoujoPsylocke002.jpg

BishoujoPsylocke001.jpg

Oh. My. I'm in love. Great pickup!

Hey guys,

I definitely want these Metroid Figures. How do HLJ handle the pre-order? Do I have to pay asap?

Or Hobby Search? How do they handle the pre-order?

Giolon

Hey guys,

I definitely want these Metroid Figures. How do HLJ handle the pre-order? Do I have to pay asap?

Or Hobby Search? How do they handle the pre-order?

For HobbySearch and AmiAmi both, you don't pay until they have the item in stock. I am not sure on HLJ b/c I haven't ordered from them in years.

Busaiku

Are there any other good Mega Man toys to get (I got the Zero and Mega Man models)?
Not the D-Arts stuff though, cause Mega Man X sucks.

SUPARSTARX

Man, ordering from Japan without tracking and cheapest fees is so nerve wrecking! Takes so long and I won't know if it gets held up in customs.

Ordered DPCF Nico Robin (Western Version), $85 shipped
3414-9254-thickbox.jpg

Megahouse POP Nami Strong Edition (Ending Version) $65 shipped
Nami%20ending.jpg

and got this god like Ichiban Kuji Goku PVC statue. $73 shipped
378845_323908430969778_100000518724145_1228953_1868494413_n.jpg

Hoping to get the Freiza at a cheap price to accompany it too around $65 to $70 shipped.
377030_324046084289346_100000518724145_1229129_755869559_n.jpg

These things are hella expensive on eBay and I can't navigate or order off Yahoo Japanese Auctions for cheaper. I hit up Mandarake.co.jp for all of this stuff.

cube444

Guys I have a bit of a guilty conscience lately because I told a good friend of mine that I sometimes masturbate to some of my figure models. He says I should go to see a counselor because it is very wrong but I only ever do it the odd time. I felt I could tell him because he's an even bigger collector than I am.

Guess I'm just looking for someone to tell me it's no big deal and that I actually don't have a bigger psychological problem.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yeah, may have to get that Samus. Figma is awesome, Revoltech sucks.

The Tekken Bishoujo Christie Monteiro figure is out. Should have received mine today.

Guys I have a bit of a guilty conscience lately because I told a good friend of mine that I sometimes masturbate to some of my figure models. He says I should go to see a counselor because it is very wrong but I only ever do it the odd time. I felt I could tell him because he's an even bigger collector than I am.

Guess I'm just looking for someone to tell me it's no big deal and that I actually don't have a bigger psychological problem.

Am I the only one who noticed this?
PicardWTF.jpg

LuCkymoON

Banned

It's called Agalmatophilia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agalmatophilia

As long as it doesn't get in the way of normal social interactions then it's not a problem. However if you start preferring statues over real females then you should seek help.

Krelian29

Fucking sick dude.

I always regretted not picking a MG Sinanju up when I saw it locally for a good price.

I noticed in the pick-up thread you got the MG Unicorn. What's the difference between that and the Katoki version?

I think it's closer to the anime version and more articulation ?
from http://www.1999.co.jp

This model is better than the ver ka. What they were focusing on was the transformation but it resulted in poor articulation in the ver ka. model. So bandai redesigned it and released this one. This special edition model has some transformation improved and has better elbow and knee parts granting better articulation so you get better poses. If you want a MG unicorn gundam and want some decent to good poses, then don't get the ver ka. model. Instead get this one. It's worth it.

Krelian29

MG Sinanju is not that hard to do but those decals are easy to break and there are over 200. I wish i could find water slide decals for those i broke :\

Anybody know where I can still possibly get the D-Arts Mega Man X for less than $90? I'm looking for just the regular version. Not the shiny SDCC version, not the Tamashii Comic version, just regular ol' X.

Can't believe this thing is so hard to find now. It only came out last April!

Bullza2o

So I've never imported any of these things before, and I just now preordered the Samus figma. It just looks too good. Can any of you tell me how much I can expect for SAL unregistered shipping to IL, USA?

As long as you don't cum on them and post pics on 4chan/whatever, I think you're okay.
Am I the only one who noticed this?
PicardWTF.jpg
Are you that surprised to see something like that posted in this thread? Really?

bryanee

This isnt everything I have, I have got a whole bunch of Transformers Gen 1's boxed up and put away because I just dont have the room to display them right now. I know Zippy isnt a figure but I just love it so much, gf at the time bought it for me.

I've also got a boat load more of those DC Superhero figures, but as with the Transformers I just havent got the space to display them even though they arent very big.

sam0197a.jpg

sam0198x.jpg

sam0199h.jpg

sam0200i.jpg

sam0202c.jpg

sam0206j.jpg

sam0208x.jpg

sam0210n.jpg

sam0211w.jpg

I just received a model of the Battlestar Galactica and a Viper MKII that I will have to build... will probably take me a couple of years, but hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom