• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

I just want Penguin #2 of the Crystal Princess Figma set <.<

As for the Turtles, damn those are absolutely fantastic, I really want all four to have out on display.

Yeah, they're a pretty good figure blog.

(Full disclosure: I'm editor-in-chief of Tomopop. Hi *waves*)
Well that's neat, I started visiting a couple of months ago (around the time when the blog reported on the Noel Vermillion figure), and since has become a daily visit.

Now, if only a company would release a non-exclusive to Japan (or specialty import site) Noel Vermillion figure, I'd be set... >.<

Is there a go-to toys site for release news and whatnot? I always read about these figures coming out in Japan that I know will see US release (e.g. PlayArts figures), but sometimes I forget about them and by the time I remember they'll already have released and sold out.

I mostly prefer Japanese market figures because they're generally higher quality, but as long as the site covers PlayArts releases I'm golden. I don't care about the ero bishoujo type stuff, so preferably one that isn't dedicated to figures of that nature would be preferable.
Try ToyArk. They seem to be exactly what you're looking for.

Takuan

Oh, nice. I like the site, especially the photos.

May 2012, according to January's Previews catalog.
May 2012 is a good date. Maybe I'll just pre-order from Japan, where it'll be out later this month. I'd essentially be paying the same price after Canadian taxes before shipping. This assumes a price of $49.99, could be higher here, who knows. I'll basically pay the same price (or possibly lower), with a premium for the shipping cost. Will mull it over... too many wants, not enough space for any of 'em.

Try ToyArk. They seem to be exactly what you're looking for.
This looks great, too. Thanks!

New figure get :D
218ae4d04dd211e19896123138142014_7.jpg

zoku88

Wow, that Flan is really cute.

Too bad I have no talent for resin kits :-/ (I'm guessing it is since its at WanFest)

Wonder Fest always makes me want to restart my figure blogging.

For me, it's always a blur. You're just posting like mad once you have photos, and then it's over and you get to relax, lol.

Oh, nice. I like the site, especially the photos.

Well that's neat, I started visiting a couple of months ago (around the time when the blog reported on the Noel Vermillion figure), and since has become a daily visit.

Thanks :) Luigi, did you see the Makoto figure they did as well, speaking of BlazBlue?

Luigi87

Thanks :) Luigi, did you see the Makoto figure they did as well, speaking of BlazBlue?

I did! Read through the review, and while the flaws in mainly the painting were enlightening, seems like a nice figure overall... Though when Makoto was initially announced I could only wonder why one of the CS DLC characters (based on appearance) was selected as the second BlazBlue figure (My avatar may or may not demonstrate a bias I have).

Takuan

Oh my. Bats looks proper badass. Not feeling Harley, but I didn't like her design in AA much in the first place. I imagine Bat-fans are pleased with these, though.

1/12 Popbots look great. I own all of the 1/6 Popbots and have more or less resigned myself to collecting 1/6 because they just look that much better to me. That dual-pistoled gunslinger 3AA bonus is the hotness, though.

Only one atm but here it is
311299_10150313841105222_500855221_8102152_979866663_n.jpg

I hope to get the rest of the W series ones then start getting a few others
That is not the same pose he is in now...I was just taking a pic to send to someone

Just preordered the Princess of the Crystal. Thanks to this thread for letting me know it existed! I'm working on painting shelves to put my stuff up. It's sad seeing it in boxes in my closet, most unopened. I'm not one of those collectors that like to keep things boxed (but I will save the boxes, so I guess that still makes me bad).
edit - one of the garage kit forums I'm on always explodes during WonFes time. I'm such a perfectionist that my garage kits always end up becoming a wasteland of unfinished works though. But then I see new kits I want and it kills me. D:

One Ok Rock

Neo Member
Speaking of WonFes, Casper from deathsmiles is just gorgeous... too bad she needs assembly and I shake like a leaf when it comes to constructing things. ;_;

rcberg_casper04-noscale.jpg

So brutifurl ;_;

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I like Deathsmiles and all, but a friend of my has that Capser GK from a couple of years ago and I didn't like it much in person, I don't remember why. The paint job was fine, maybe the colours were off.

Nice Meruru

cpM17.jpg

Just placed my order for this guy. Cannot wait to put him next to my Mega Man X!

41JMcuxLuFL.jpg
41uM1Vx58cL.jpg
Man, I really want these guys but I can't decide what to get. These two would look fantastic together to form a Mega Man X1 display. On the other hand, the new Zero is coming out with the Z-Saber which looks awesome but I couldn't display it with that full armor X since that's from X1 and the new Zero is from X2 and on. I'd get the new Zero to go with just plain X but I can't find plain X anywhere!

NEO0MJ

Man, I really want these guys but I can't decide what to get. These two would look fantastic together to form a Mega Man X1 display. On the other hand, the new Zero is coming out with the Z-Saber which looks awesome but I couldn't display it with that full armor X since that's from X1 and the new Zero is from X2 and on. I'd get the new Zero to go with just plain X but I can't find plain X anywhere!

You can find it on ebay for $60 but I guess you find that price unacceptable.

You can find it on ebay for $60 but I guess you find that price unacceptable.
These are the only ones I found on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/D-Arts-Megaman-X-Rockman-Mega-Man-Bandai-Capcom-/250985294643?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6fe3ab33#ht_500wt_1202

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-D-Arts-Rockman-X-MISB-Japan-Japanese-Figuarts-/300658439598?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4600a3b5ae#ht_500wt_1202

All the other ones are either the Metallic SDCC version, Tamashii exclusive Comic version or the Full Armour X. I'd prefer just the standard version but I might settle for the SDCC version.

There is also this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rockman-Meg...315?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6fdf3163

Anyways, it's up to you to decide if it's worth spending 16 more dollars on a non metallic version. How often do bandai reissue d-arts anyways?
What the...

That's what I get for only searching "D-Arts Rockman X." The one result that doesn't have "X" in it is what I miss. Thanks!

Paying a little extra to get exactly what I want is always worth it to me. Or else I'll just be thinking "yeah this is nice, but I wish I had that other one." I may jump on this tonight and pre-order Zero type 2.

johnsmith

remember me
Where did you get this one? I searched Play-Asia (the only store I know) and there's nothing. =;(

It's out of stock most places, but looks like its still available here http://www.kirinhobby.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=2715

I've never used them but they seem to be legit http://myfigurecollection.net/club/72/discussions/&did=339

There's a bunch on ebay, but they're way more expensive, and amazon still has some from 3rd party sellers, also more expensive.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

BlueFin confirmed Vile for US, so I'm waiting on him
d-arts-vile_132228979pzrs2.jpg

Pachimari

It's out of stock most places, but looks like its still available here http://www.kirinhobby.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=2715

I've never used them but they seem to be legit http://myfigurecollection.net/club/72/discussions/&did=339

There's a bunch on ebay, but they're way more expensive, and amazon still has some from 3rd party sellers, also more expensive.

You are one kind sir. Thank you. I will definitely check it out, and it probably could be my first figure. :)

Do anyone know, if there are higher quality Naruto figures than those I found on Play-Asia?
Naruto / Sasuke

Takuan

^ That is quite detailed. Looks nice.

Another WF Monster Hunter kit, ahh.

ffIXy.jpg
Does this not come painted? Is that why you refer to it as a kit? Either way, it's a beautiful sculpt.

This caught my eye while randomly browsing AmiAmi:
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-IPN-3114
D-Arts Persona 3 Thanatos

I haven't really played too many Persona games (spent some time playing 4), but I really like the designs on some of the avatars across all games.

Oh man, this is the best Izanagi figure I've seen so far, but it's only for sale in Japan. Sucks.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-IPN-3177&page=

Crap, so is the Figma Samus. No wonder other stores are more expensive, they know people won't be able to buy from AmiAmi and charge a premium! Then again, both the Revoltech Vash and Figma Strength (Black Rock Shooter) figures I ordered came to me without an issue, and they both have the "For Sale in Japan only" indicator. Either they've had a change in policy, or they do it just for appearances. Anyone know?

Crap, so is the Figma Samus. No wonder other stores are more expensive, they know people won't be able to buy from AmiAmi and charge a premium! Then again, both the Revoltech Vash and Figma Strength (Black Rock Shooter) figures I ordered came to me without an issue, and they both have the "For Sale in Japan only" indicator. Either they've had a change in policy, or they do it just for appearances. Anyone know?
I thoroughly read through the FAQ before I placed my pre-order and this is what I saw.

6. You ordered an item that cannot be shipped outside Japan.
Flammable items, such as paints, thinners and spray cans cannot be shipped via airmail, and therefore cannot be shipped internationally. Certain items in our store, including but not limited to furniture and model firearms cannot be shipped internationally. Any items ineligible for international shipment will be canceled from an order.

So it would seem we're in the clear. Another board member also stated that it should be fine.

Xzior

They better ship it outside of Japan or else... I'll be very sad and disappointed.

SUPARSTARX

Got my Ichiban Kuji Goku and DPCF Robin from Mandarake. How is it that these jokers find the right boxes to fit width or length for all the products boxes. They are all fitted so well.

6829957537_f4f384f77d_b.jpg

6829957963_246baba2be_b.jpg

Anyhoo....

Holy. Shit. The Goku. The Goku. As a kid growing up in the 90's watching DBZ tapes and being a huge fan of Toriyama's art... this is my holy grail DBZ piece. Hands down. Going to hunt for a good price on Ichiban Kuji Freeza and Broly next since their quality is the same.

6829956249_4fd0622970_b.jpg

6829958349_a771b497bf_b.jpg

6829956671_e75b66547e_b.jpg

6829960105_d13581d3a0_b.jpg

6829960709_b464a562c9_b.jpg

6829961487_0fd44cbdfa_b.jpg

6829961041_dcf18b0874_b.jpg

6829962017_b0d2d334bd_b.jpg

Takuan

So it would seem we're in the clear. Another board member also stated that it should be fine.
Hope so! I'm fairly certain they didn't have that "Japan only" indicator before the site overhaul, so my fingers are crossed. I'm really hoping they get more stock of the DX Smoker and Croc, but it's probably wishful thinking. There was a totally boss DX Trafalgar figure that they never seemed to stock, at least not for filthy gaijin. Either that, or supplies were extremely limited. It's a shame, because to date it's my personal favorite; every other figure looks lame in comparison (the P.O.P. figure was especially disappointing).

Got my Ichiban Kuji Goku and DPCF Robin from Mandarake. How is it that these jokers find the right boxes to fit width or length for all the products boxes. They are all fitted so well.

Anyhoo....

Holy. Shit. The Goku. The Goku. As a kid growing up in the 90's watching DBZ tapes and being a huge fan of Toriyama's art... this is my holy grail DBZ piece. Hands down. Going to hunt for a good price on Ichiban Kuji Freeza and Broly next since their quality is the same.
The Japanese are meticulous about everything, even when it comes to open-boxed or used goods. It's a particularly awesome trait of theirs. I believe Mandarake is some kind of used goods store, but honestly, you wouldn't know it by browsing their wares.

What'd you pay for that Goku after shipping? I agree that the figure is very much a holy grail for the DBZ fanatic. I clearly remember the panel from which it's inspired. If I wanted to be picky, I'd wish for some battle damage, but that's being anal. Freeza and Broly both look great, too, but dat Goku is the business.

SUPARSTARX

The Japanese are meticulous about everything, even when it comes to open-boxed or used goods. It's a particularly awesome trait of theirs. I believe Mandarake is some kind of used goods store, but honestly, you wouldn't know it by browsing their wares.

What'd you pay for that Goku after shipping? I agree that the figure is very much a holy grail for the DBZ fanatic. I clearly remember the panel from which it's inspired. If I wanted to be picky, I'd wish for some battle damage, but that's being anal. Freeza and Broly both look great, too, but dat Goku is the business.

I think they buy and resell. Some of these things are much cheaper in Japan and they tend to collect among themselves.

I ended up paying a total of $75 for Goku shipped via SAL unregistered. Pricey but the details are amazing and it's well made compared to some of the other stuff I've seen such as the S.Cultures and lower end Banpresto stuff aruond the $30 to $40 mark

ChuyMasta

Also, in case you didn't see it this morning: Playmates is bringing back some new TMNT figures, and they're great. I'm guessing this was their big ToyFair surprise.

91084_classicmike-noscale.jpg
91081_classiccollleo-noscale.jpg

Huh. Those are pretty awesome.

hhhhm. Time to get my geek on. The only anime I watched when I was a kid:

IMAG0329.jpg

IMAG0319.jpg

And, I am a Gemini, hence the badass center figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom