• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Received my Christie Monteiro figure from DVDCineShop today, and it were shipped 1 day ago, wow. And it doesn't have one single error or scratch, unbelievable.

Wanted
Metal-Gear-Solid-3-The-Boss-014_1335267702.jpg

DO NOT WANT
Metal-Gear-Solid-3-The-Boss-013_1335267702.jpg

Really disappointed.

The Boss's boobs -- or rather, her singular boob, split down the middle -- looks disgusting.

I've never been a big fan of the real cloth/material on figures, though. It just looks cheap to me.

meijiko

First post on GAF... Figured I better make it count.

V1gms.jpg

This beauty arrived at my place recently. Couldn't be happier, even if she cost me an arm and a leg.

...Well maybe I could be happier. Her wand's wings won't stay on at all. Is there like some sort of putty I could use that wouldn't damage the plastic? I kind of don't want to glue them in place, since she'd never be able to go back in the box after that.

SUPARSTARX

Maybe stick a little bit of sculpey there. It's sculpting putty but it won't harden ever unless you cook it in an oven. It's a few bucks for a pound of it on Amazon.

The store I work at just got an account with Sideshow Collectibles and we just received our first shipment. I spent the day unboxing and posing the Hot Toys Classic Predator and the Sideshow 1/6 Commander Gree and Sandtrooper. Tomorrow I'll be unboxing and displaying the Armor Unleashed Iron Man Mark II and Captain America. This is dangerous...very dangerous.

cajunator

Banned
First post on GAF... Figured I better make it count.

V1gms.jpg

This beauty arrived at my place recently. Couldn't be happier, even if she cost me an arm and a leg.

...Well maybe I could be happier. Her wand's wings won't stay on at all. Is there like some sort of putty I could use that wouldn't damage the plastic? I kind of don't want to glue them in place, since she'd never be able to go back in the box after that.

Where did you get this? I want it.

DemiMatt

Shit sucks. Do they have a feedback form? I'm sure we're not alone. Hopefully they can fix this.

Theres a whole forum dedicated to this kind of stuff and a giant thread full of complaints.

The pics released aren't final production images, they are prototype. Hot Toys does a great job reading the feedback given to them via Sideshowcollectors.com and facebook.

Kojima & Yoji are also is greatly involved in this project. So do not fret.

Galdor

A while ago I ordered from a dutch ebay-like site 2 x 4 Naruto figures, because I wanted Neji and Deidara so badly and didn't care for the remaining 6 figures.

Right from the get go something felt fishy. They came packaged in plastic bags, which are unlike any bag I've ever seen from one of my other countless figures I bought over the past year. Neither was there any sort of box present (I've had figures taken out of the box so the box could be flattened and shipped inside a mailbag).

The quality of the figs is notably bad. Bad painting, painting mistakes, Naruto is cross-eyed, one of the Gaara's misses his tattoo, and so on. Compared to all the other gashapon and small One Piece figures I have, they are really sub-par quality.

Pricing. I payed a total of 40 euro's for all 8 figs, which is 5 euro a piece. This is notably cheaper than other figs I bought.

I attached two pictures of the figs in question:

naruto1.jpg

naruto2.jpg

So these are the Neji and Deidara in question. The other 6 figs are still in their peculiar bags.

Browsing online made me find this Deidara:

banp47029d2.jpg

As you can see the pose and clothing and detail is pretty much the same, only mine is of obviously worse quality. That Deidara above is also Banpresto, while I'm unsure about the manufacturers of my figs.

As for Neji:

170802595486_1_0_1.jpg

If you start browsing for Naruto figs, you'll quickly find all sorts of figures on a silver headprotector baseplate. As you can see my Neji's baseplate is blue, and it's quality is also below the Neji I just posted.

The Neji bundle I bought is still wildly available on ebay, for example:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...nkw=naruto+set+of+4&_sacat=See-All-Categories

The set with Deidara seems gone with the wind.

So yeah. Are these figures bootlegs or not ?? If they are, I intend to sell all 8 of them, for a cheap price, and mentioning that they are bootlegs. If they aren't, I'll happily keep Neji and Deidara and sell the other 6 for a better price.

I"m torn.

I bought Rex because he was a no brainer. I was never as much of a fan of Ray's more organic design nor of any of the MGS games after the first one.

That said, that thing looks amazing. and would be a great counterpoint to Rex. Hard call.

The Portal stuff I'm down for though, no fucking question.

kamikaze

So yeah. Are these figures bootlegs or not ?? If they are, I intend to sell all 8 of them, for a cheap price, and mentioning that they are bootlegs. If they aren't, I'll happily keep Neji and Deidara and sell the other 6 for a better price.

sorry, but they're most likely fakes. bad/incorrect paint jobs are telltale signs of knock-offs.

That Rex is god tier.

Really happy they're starting a Halo line.
While Carter (Reach) looks good, I'm more interested in seeing their Chief or Cortana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom