• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Oh, got a response. They don't wanna exchange it again as they checked the figure themself and there were no problem. But the hair is clearly loose and she got a white neck. =/

They have offered me refund though.

Hmm... Not the coolest of situations. I guess I'll keep it then, would you have done the same?

EDIT
Oh well, I'll keep it. I think the color might be correct, and I guess I'll just hide her ears, as it's clearly a miscolor (blank/white) behind her ears. The hair is loose but I'll just not touch it.

Not sure if this was posted, but:

aqldvd8cqaa2nia.jpg

:D

!

Are the Gray Fox and Snake figures out in the US? And if so, where to buy them?

SUPARSTARX

Oh, got a response. They don't wanna exchange it again as they checked the figure themself and there were no problem. But the hair is clearly loose and she got a white neck. =/

They have offered me refund though.

Hmm... Not the coolest of situations. I guess I'll keep it then, would you have done the same?

EDIT
Oh well, I'll keep it. I think the color might be correct, and I guess I'll just hide her ears, as it's clearly a miscolor (blank/white) behind her ears. The hair is loose but I'll just not touch it.

My package was fine out of the box. That's nutso where all these defects are coming in. Get the refund IMO. Where did you buy from?

Pachimari

My package was fine out of the box. That's nutso where all these defects are coming in. Get the refund IMO. Where did you buy from?

Infinity & Beyond. The reason the package were open were because she had checked the figure herself and says there's nothing wrong with it, but she clearly didn't check it enough then. She have an all white (totally blank) neck behind her ears (does yours have that?) and her hair is about to fall off.

I'm thinking of getting a refund yea hmm..

SUPARSTARX

Infinity & Beyond. The reason the package were open were because she had checked the figure herself and says there's nothing wrong with it, but she clearly didn't check it enough then. She have an all white (totally blank) neck behind her ears (does yours have that?) and her hair is about to fall off.

I'm thinking of getting a refund yea hmm..

Just examined mine and took some shots. Barring the small lines from like assembly and painting over it, which now I feel could've been better polished with primer before painting, it's perfect.

7099749837_c150c3a66b_b.jpg

6953680968_a66d92e302_b.jpg

7099750079_340e63da51_b.jpg

7099750347_fd147d6e5a_b.jpg

6953681606_f483e2a1e4_b.jpg

7099750527_610507417a_b.jpg

7099750731_24556f57f4_b.jpg

6953681788_e5fd80f83f_b.jpg

Pachimari

I'll try capture the white neck of one.

I'll seriously want a refund from mine. =;(

Give me a moment, just took a picture with my iPhone.

Pachimari

Here's my Christie Monteiro =;(

JdHz2l.jpg

I don't know if you notice the clear color difference at around her ear / neck?

I guess I'll order a new one at DVDCineShop through Amazon UK ASAP.

SUPARSTARX

Looks like messed up paint defect or there's adhesive leaking out compared to mine. Get that refund and let's move on.

I'm hyped for Bishoujo Alisa.

Pachimari

Looks like messed up paint defect or there's adhesive leaking out compared to mine. Get that refund and let's move on.

I'm hyped for Bishoujo Alisa.

Yea, I'll get a refund on Monday. And I will order a new one from somewhere else. Where did you order yours? I have already pre-ordered Alisa and Asuka lol.

EDIT
Already ordered a new one at DVDCineShop through Amazon.

Thanks for your photographies by the way, it gave me peace of mind. :)

SUPARSTARX

Yea, I'll get a refund on Monday. And I will order a new one from somewhere else. Where did you order yours? I have already pre-ordered Alisa and Asuka lol.

EDIT
Already ordered a new one at DVDCineShop through Amazon.

Thanks for your photographies by the way, it gave me peace of mind. :)

Np man. Sucks to see this kind of thing happen but they're kind of unavoidable sometimes. These companies hire factories to assemble it and it may not always be 100%. Small defects once in a while are expected but it's pretty disheartening if you start collecting something and your first items just happens to be an unpleasant experience.

Pachimari

I'm kind of bummed that it have been a month and I'm still trying to get one without all those errors but at least they have shown good customer support and I'm of the patient type. I just don't understand how she could have taken it out to check on it and not noticed the weird colors and the loose hair. Oh well, here's waiting for a 3rd Christie Monteiro. And I'm still as excited.

cajunator

Banned
I have a lot of boxed figures unfortunately. they will stay that way until I get a nice display case so they dont get dust all over them.

SUPARSTARX

Awesome display.

Also hate you. I want Joker DX and Bank Joker for a while but they were always too high in price. I came into the collecting game too late. :p

Here's to DX TDK Joker 2.0! :)

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I just ordered the God Eater Alisa figure. Also, bought the game because I hate having a figure of a character I don't know anything about. Pretty fun game so far. I haven't bought a figure in years, so I'm looking forward to getting it in July.

LuCkymoON

Banned
Here's my Christie Monteiro =;(

JdHz2l.jpg

I don't know if you notice the clear color difference at around her ear / neck?

I guess I'll order a new one at DVDCineShop through Amazon UK ASAP.

Received my X-23, Poison Ivy and Christie figures today. The Christie figure's paint job isn't up to the same standards as the Poison Ivy and she appears to be only partially painted on the back of the neck at the hairline. Honestly the figure's skin tone isn't as dark as it should be, maybe a few coats of paint were missed?

SUPARSTARX

Damn, sounds like you both got one from a bad batch. Does it look worse than mine?

I have the poison ivy, I think she looks fantastic.

These may have been assembled and painted in different facilities.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Found this and the Asuka boxed in my closet. Forgot I owned them.

57JM6.jpg

Also hobbyjapan scans, lol that stupid Horizon figure again.

DGVJk.jpg

bkw

Every time someone posts pics of Christie I want to get it. I don't know anything about Tekken, but of all the Shunya bishoujo figures, I think she has the best face sculpt.

You guys see the MGS Hot Toys pic?

It's a magazine scan, so I'm not sure if I can post it.

I'm getting both, just hoping they will have a camo / zombie variant for Big Boss with the croc cap. ;)

EDIT: Hm, don't really remember this outfit in MGS3, but maybe I just forgot all about it.

1426529ojh9tlynl7tltyl.jpg

523236_347514661977197_138228759572456_1047809_23728559_n.jpg

Pachimari

I would love a figure of Big Boss when he's old like in MGS4 (and in MGS1) with the brown jacket and all, see that would be pretty boss.

Pachimari

Fantastic customer service by DVDCineShop. They sent me a mail with photos and even checked that the skin color is consistant and that the ponytail isn't loose - great service. I would recommend them above Infinity & Beyond so far.

LuCkymoON

Banned
Damn, sounds like you both got one from a bad batch. Does it look worse than mine?

I have the poison ivy, I think she looks fantastic.

These may have been assembled and painted in different facilities.

The Poison Ivy is the best paint job I've seen since the Kotobukiya Ninja Gaiden Rachel figure.

54-46!

Hmm, I've never been a fan of the Sneaking Suit, shame they didn't do the Olive Drab or Leaf camo. Still, that Snake looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom