• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geforce Now reportedly coming to Xbox

Draugoth

Gold Member
It seems that a bigger deal is lurking between Xbox and Nvidia, and its announcement may be imminent.

Several games from the Xbox store give the option to "play it with GeForce Now".

GRKjWLfX0AI-4eZ

Last edited:
Is it a different service being added in parallel, or is it an agreement that combines and absorbs it with xCloud?

I guess I don't see why there needs to be two ways to do the same thing, within the same service.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
Oh that's pretty cool. Geforce Now is like 10 times better than Xcloud.

But both services already have problems with the excessively long waiting times. This will certainly get even worse now.

Last edited:

dem

Now this is how you buy more publishers...

Cloud gaming a worry? Not so!
All cloud gaming is allowed on Xbox :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
I dunno. But you can visually see the difference between local hardware running plugged into a TV or monitor vs cloud-streaming. Regardless of the statistics on latency.
It's been a while, but I had Doom Eternal on the console and Stadia and I didn't notice much difference.

feynoob

Banned
You need to own the game first for this right? Why are people buying PC games without a PC or Now device?
Because modern games are hard to run on old devices. I bought my new graphic for that reason. Before, I had to rely on geforce now to play on high quality. Much better than my current set up.

It's been a while, but I had Doom Eternal on the console and Stadia and I didn't notice much difference.
It's hard to describe but visually there's just this quality to cloud streaming that cannot be hidden from the player. Even with extremely reliable and fast internet and high-end cloud tech running it. Something unique to games vs video, and not something that happens when playing on local hardware.

Last edited:

Schmick

I am not sure I get the point of this.

so if you are one of the few people that bought the game on Nvidia platform, you can play it remotely on xbox ?

is that assuming you don't have the game on PC xbox app store ? or Xbox ?

Maybe I am missing something here.
You'll be able to play games from your Steam, Epic Store and GOG.com libraries on your Xbox.

Spyxos

Gold Member
It's hard to describe but visually there's just this quality to cloud streaming that cannot be hidden from the player. Even with extremely reliable and fast internet and high-end cloud tech running it. Something unique games vs video, and not something that happens when playing on local hardware.
Did you use chromecast ? Or just over your browser? It did look a lot better for me on chromecast.

And I know what you mean about the streaming quality. I didn't notice it with doom. But very clearly with games like red dead redemption 2.

Last edited:

Schmick

Wait.....so Geforce Now subscribers can play Steam games on Xbox?
Hmmm having had a rethink there isn't any indication of a GeForce Now app only links from the MS store.

If there was an app for Xbox I'd presume you can play all the games that any GFN subscriber has access to. But if it's only through MS' store I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
Did you use chromecast ? Or just over your browser? It did look a lot better for me on chromecast.
I've done it many diffrent ways, yeah. It's just not something that is going away, at least not until some kind of new technological breakthrough comes along. At that point, consoles could start to be considered obsolete.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Hmmm having had a rethink there isn't any indication of a GeForce Now app only links from the MS store.

If there was an app for Xbox I'd presume you can play all the games that any GFN subscriber has access to. But if it's only through MS' store I'm not so sure.

That's a good point. So could be that it is just Xbox games that are available for streaming on GFN? Not sure I get the point of that.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

Wait.....so Geforce Now subscribers can play Steam games on Xbox?
If it were like that it would be great. But some clarification from MS is necessary. The terms are still unknown. In fact, if it wasn't because someone paid attention to this change, nothing would be known because there is no official information.

Quasicat

Now if only Sony would allow their games to run on GeForce now, I would be in on this.

I will admit, I use XCloud on my iPad and my friend uses GeForce Now and his stream always looks better.

Top Bottom