• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geforce Now reportedly coming to Xbox

MikeM

Gold Member
Just make the next Xbox a PC already. An Xbox with PC like game settings, access to Steam and the Xbox store all with the Xbox UI would make me buy one.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Just looked at prices -- £10 a month for the cheapest package. Could be worth it if it supported all my steam games straight to my essboss. I've tried to do shit with Moonlight and it wasn't great. Thought about buying a pi and doing steamlink, but everyone seems to think Moonlight is better than that anyway.

Maybe it was my settings, who knows, but I certainly couldn't play games using Moonlight seamlessly like others claim to.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
I see people saying we will be able to stream Steam games, but how so? And if true, I wonder what that would mean for some of Sony's games on Steam. Something tells me Sony will have that blocked, unfortunately.
As mentioned above - GFNow supports its own subset of games (not unlike GP) - if you own games from that list on 'any' supported store, they will play, but nothing else will. Currently there are no Sony games on the service, so there's nothing to block.
Like with any other services - publishers have to give their explicit approval for these - NVidia isn't the one calling the shots.
Also before you ask - in some form this list would likely exist even if publishers greenlit all the games - NVidia has to pre-package the install-packages for hot-start - it's not like they simply have a preinstalled library of 2000 games for every service sitting inside every cloud PC.

Maybe it was my settings, who knows, but I certainly couldn't play games using Moonlight seamlessly like others claim to.
I never tried Moonlight but Steam-link worked a lot worse than GFNow for me. Also for the subscription fee you get a GPU instance of certain spec - the 25$ for the highest tier buys a 4080 equipped PC, which really does perform like one (connection permitting you get the full 4k HDR experience at up to 120hz). This is a rather big difference to most other streaming solutions and/or performance (I have to admit GFNow tends to be quite stable - way better than my experience was on Stadia on comparable network, and similar to PSNow/XCloud but those run at 1/4 the resolution and often 1/2 the framerate).

Last edited:

Schmick

Xbox gamers are in for a treat. GFN has been amazing for me. Most of the time it’s a flawless experience. My biggest complaint about it is having to enter my email everytime for every gamepass game. But games on steam will launch instantly without needing to enter any credentials. Also not all games on gamepass are on GFN.
Unfortunately this isn't the case for MS games on Steam, I have to input my email and password each time I Forza Horizon.

Anyone use GEforceNow on the regular? Nvidia shield has been my go to TV box forever and I'm grandfathered in at the $5 a month package so I keep it.
but I'm afraid to actually use it..

I played BG3 on it.. played for hours.. made massive amounts of progress.. when I exited .. steam cloud did not sync and I lost every bit of that so I stopped using it.
I don't see GeForce Now being at more risk of losing cloud saves then if it were played on local hardware. I've been a subscriber to GeForce Now Ultimate for about 6 months and I love it and so far, I haven't had any issues with losing saves.

Top Bottom