• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geforce Now reportedly coming to Xbox

Topher

Gold Member
If it were like that it would be great. But some clarification from MS is necessary. The terms are still unknown. In fact, if it wasn't because someone paid attention to this change, nothing would be known because there is no official information.

Definitely. Still.....an Nvidia partnership is intriguing. I'm wondering if this is part of the Xbox Insider program and if so, what ring it is on. Some previews are under NDA, I believe.

Chukhopops

Now this is how you buy more publishers...

Cloud gaming a worry? Not so!
All cloud gaming is allowed on Xbox :messenger_grinning_squinting:
It would be a mastermind move if it was just to preempt concerns on further acquisitions.

But most likely this is for interoperability since you can play GP games on GeForce Now if I remember correctly. So why not allow those people who double-sub to play on Xbox.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Edit- Might be for the best, Everytime xCloud is mentioned on Neogaf, someone like clockwork makes a post saying Geforce now is better.
It is better, but not because "is not Microsoft", it's because you can have a whole new PC basically and works top notch (if you have great connection). XCloud works great too, but is just a remote Series X

pasterpl

will this allow us to play some games with full on path tracing at native 4K?Can I play games in my steam library via GeForce now?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If it were like that it would be great. But some clarification from MS is necessary. The terms are still unknown. In fact, if it wasn't because someone paid attention to this change, nothing would be known because there is no official information.

Yeah, let's wait for something official. Too many unknown variables at this point.

RickMasters

Welcome Xbox gamers to the steam summer sale.

I Just want them to confirm that the Xbox does is indeed side load steam. That one box with all my gaming accounts figure seems a little closer now. I like the idea of unifying my steam and Xbox libraries on one box in the living room.

RickMasters

Streaming only future can’t come soon enough.

More like digital download, streaming and subs. Options for gamers on every kind of budget.

I’d be surprised if next gen consoles even bother with disc drives at all.

Personally I like GPU and buying my games digitally. Some people will just buy , some people will just sub. Some people might stream because that’s just what works for them. Most will use streaming as a side option to their main thing ( like their sub). I have never bothered to play via steaming myself but it’s nice to always see the option to do so. It’s no ever gonna be my main thing but I can see times where it could be a convenience.

XCloud:

Am I A Joke To You GIF

Fess

So, Steam on Xbox?

GFN is great, still have a founders sub. The service just needs shorter queues on big releases, I used it for Cyberpunk to check out RT before I had a RTX card and waiting in a queue was annoying.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Edit- Might be for the best, Everytime xCloud is mentioned on Neogaf, someone like clockwork makes a post saying Geforce now is better.
Self fulfilling prophecy?

It is!!

That said they better allow all mouse and keyboard games!!!

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I leave that Nvidia had a slide showing that GeForce Now had better latency than PS5 native for God of War. Can't seem to find it now, but the PS5 latency was ridiculously high.
It can.

It also can have worse latency.

That’s the problem with cloud streaming. Your mom can microwave you some tendies and cause your latency to spike.

Or good luck if you had a good experience and then move somewhere where it’s not so good.

I just want games man , I don’t care about the extras…..

PSVR, GeForce, xcloud, fire stick gaming .

I just want games . Games have been dry . MS glazing all of yall with this extra bs

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I am not sure I get the point of this.

so if you are one of the few people that bought the game on Nvidia platform, you can play it remotely on xbox ?

is that assuming you don't have the game on PC xbox app store ? or Xbox ?

Maybe I am missing something here.
Same. I don't understand who the target audience will be for this.

Topher

Gold Member
It can.

It also can have worse latency.

That’s the problem with cloud streaming. Your mom can microwave you some tendies and cause your latency to spike.

Or good luck if you had a good experience and then move somewhere where it’s not so good.

Which is why all these charts comparing latencies are fairly useless. It is largely dependent on your location in relation to the data center.

Kings Field

Im confused about all this. Can I stream my steam library through my Xbox or what? I have a Steam deck with a good amount of games on it. I would use this if I can stream my games through my Xbox but I don’t understand this.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I can’t imagine this is a “stream anything you want” deal. It’s probably Windows Store purchases.

Or GamePass PC stuff.

Might be worth it for some to stream if their connection is good, especially if they have a Series S.

Last edited:

teokrazia

Didn't Doom have lower latency on Stadia than on consoles?

Yep.
And DOOM on GeForce NOW performs alot better than on Stadia (120Hz, unlocked frame-rate, nVidia reflex), having a far better latency.

Seriously, GN on native app and with a good wired connection is ace.
LMAO, I play also SF6 ranked on that thing.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Yep.
And DOOM on GeForce NOW performs alot better than on Stadia (120Hz, unlocked frame-rate, nVidia reflex), having a far better latency.

Seriously, GN on native app and with a good wired connection is ace.
LMAO, I play also SF6 ranked on that thing.
Really Sf6? I tried tekken a while back. It was playable, but i could notice a slight delay.

//DEVIL//

You'll be able to play games from your Steam, Epic Store and GOG.com libraries on your Xbox.
Sorry but how can I play my steam games on Xbox exactly ?

steaming from Steam through Nvidia stream ? how many minutes of latency going to have here ?

image quality be like
Music Video Girl And Boy GIF by aldn

Last edited:

Haint

Really Sf6? I tried tekken a while back. It was playable, but i could notice a slight delay.
Geforce Now Ultimate (the tier with 4080's at 120Hz-240Hz) actually outperform the local 60Hz PS5/Series versions WRT lag. Consoles are inherently laggy at the OS level and it's very easy for streamed Reflex supporting PC games to outperform them at very high frame rates.

Last edited:

Zadom

I tried GeForce Now last year and was very impressed. I used it on a shield tv box. Looked and played great. I dropped it because I didn’t want another subscription but if I played more pc games I definitely would have kept it.

Top Bottom