• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

BlackM1st

Banned
THAT's some videogames
I love her deep personality and rich lore...

school plot GIF

YukiOnna

I think you missed that 200000 load lil blade pup.

By the way, what are your thoughts on the Ning costume?
200000 load!? forget it...

I like how it's based on a glaze lily, but it's a bit too modest, which is weird considering how her default outfit is with leg day. I don't get why they need bloomer/shorts on everything. It better be free.

Pejo

200000 load!? forget it...

I like how it's based on a glaze lily, but it's a bit too modest, which is weird considering how her default outfit is with leg day. I don't get why they need bloomer/shorts on everything. It better be free.
Yea it's the free one. The paid one is Keq's prom dress.

YukiOnna

Nothing until Sunday unfortunately, just that it's a poofy boring dress. Everyone that's seen it compares it to this:

iu
Not something I'd pay $30 or w/e for. Wish they'd up their game, but at least Enka is soon.

It actually looks like it'll end up similar to the Ning one sadly.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Free primos and lewd outfits ain't happening, so uh... I need something to do in GI besides domains farm lmao
Who cares for free primos and lewd, they need to fix the fucking camera as a first priority.

But of course, among the first and most voted requests there's the usual "let us pet the dogs
VKYzn.gif
ehehe ehhe eh ehehhe durrrr
VKYzn.gif
"

I swear this game has the most retarded fanbase.

crumbs

But of course, among the first and most voted requests there's the usual "let us pet the dogs
VKYzn.gif
ehehe ehhe eh ehehhe durrrr
VKYzn.gif
"

I swear this game has the most retarded fanbase.

Yeah, it's a little disturbing that one of the first highlighted responses is for a fan that cleared the wrong domain. Is this really a problem? By the time you start clearing domains, you should have an pretty good idea of what the rewards are that day.

There are some better ideas in the comments:

- Artifact profiles/pre-sets would be nice, make it easier to switch between physical and electro Keqing.
- I don't have too many issues with the camera, but having some type of lock-on would be nice for characters like Ningguang, since her burst can have a mind of it's own. Sometimes Klee's auto target will spaz out as well. Would make fighting the cicin mages easier.
- Toggle-able constellations seem easy to implement.
- Android controller support
- The whole menu system needs work. I know they have made some improvements, but as the game continues to add more stuff, they need a rethink. For example, the crafting in the teapot. Once you add all the Inazuma craftable items, the menu is super long to scroll down. There needs to be ways to sort this menu, or have it presorted by either types of items or by region, or something. Image how unwieldy this interface will become in the future as they add more regions. This also applies to pretty much any menu, like the alchemy bench as well. Can't imagine dealing with these on a small phone screen .
- The RNG commission thing is also still irritating. I've set my commissions to Mondstadt in order to increase my chances to get the Fatui commissions, the "Curing the sick girl by the fountain", and the Godwin one where you need to complete it 5 times for an achievement. So far I did get another church Fatui commission (So I've seen that 2 twice since launch), I did get another Tsarevich commission, and that's it. I still haven't had the sick girl commission and I've only seen the Godwin quest once back in Oct. 2020. There's got to be a better way to do this.

Fake

Gold Member
Who fucking cares for teapot load. Yes, it will be nice but it's FAR from being a top priority request.

They don't care about priorities. I already posted many times there are bugs and top priorities mechanics that need attention more than content and get pretty much ignored.
Is easy to pick a question you want to answer.

Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

It's about Sunday farm, when all mats are available and people doesn't pay enough attention and clear the wrong stages.
Gotcha, implementing a menu after clearing the domain that allows you to confirm the mats would seem to be an easy fix, plus it would reduce the menu options at the start to the choosing your level.

Fake

Gold Member
Start to trade my artifact combo of Xiao and Sayu(Xiao 2 set Glad+ 2 set Shim, Sayu 4 set Viri)... and this game made me remember how bad farming artifacts are.

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

SSfox

Bruh i cannot wait to level up that weapon for Itto, it looks to be so broken.

I also just played his quest, pretty good quest with cool lore, that made me like the character even more!!

o66GvEo.jpg

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
it looks to be so broken.
Low base ATK, so not THAT broken unfortunately. Still, 80 C.dmg isn't nothing. A nice stat stick, just not very universal. Plus, SS steals a lot of its thunder. But SS steals a lot of thunder in general in that weapon category. SS is just too good.

Fake

Gold Member
Even with this ability made for Itto, the Wolf's Gravestone still the best Claymore in the entire game.

Would be better for him if this Claymore had DEF as secondary attribute.

SSfox

Low base ATK, so not THAT broken unfortunately. Still, 80 C.dmg isn't nothing. A nice stat stick, just not very universal. Plus, SS steals a lot of its thunder. But SS steals a lot of thunder in general in that weapon category. SS is just too good.
I agree with you when used on other characters than Itto and Noelle, but on those 2 characters it's definitely broken and best weapon imo, 80 CD and a lot of def and attaque based on DEF on substats too. I pulled it on Itto anyways so idc if it's good or not on others tbh lol, it's definitely the best weapon for Itto (and probably Noelle too), tho WB is still a very solid one specially on R5. (i personally rather give him WB instead of SS because it does better damage on burst for Itto)

Yeah SS works very well on pretty much all Claymore character, i set mine mainly for Beidou my favorite DPS, i plan and hope i can C6 her some day lol

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
How so? It's the rarest substat, so having it on the weapon is great.

Because you need CRT RATE to actually work. Thats why most of the chars get CRT DMG bonus when ascension.

Is not that rare, kinda easy at least for me, to get CRT DMG as a substatus for artifact, is just like 0.1% of coming CRT DMG and CRT RATE at the same time.

Crit rate is more valuable than crit dmg. You start off with less of it and it's harder to get a decent amount through artifacts and weapons because the numbers are half of what crit dmg gives you. Crit rate has a ceiling though. Anything over 100% is useless, whereas more crit dmg will always increase your dmg output.

Itto has a built-in solution for crit rate, so it's relatively easy to get a healthy ratio on him. Just throw a crit rate headpiece on him and he's already above 50%.

Pejo

Ultimate troll from MiHoYo:

zDTTys7.jpg
That Amber is absolute top fucking tier. Take notes MHY, that's how you do a skin.

Developer interview again addressing stuff that nobody asked for or cares about. Even the comments are giving them shit about "oh boy, more furniture that we can't fit in with the tiny load limit."

Here are some skill names for Yae/Ayato. Looks like he is going to have different stances, kinda neat.
dp8u0enyql781.jpg

Merry Christmas my dudes, hope you're all having a good one.

CsFYWYw.jpg

Pejo Pejo
Did you see the second idol vote? I thought it was pretty funny how Ai-chan stepped down because of the massive L she took against Raven.
Also how Elysia thought it would be unfair for everyone else if she entered.
My votes:
LEuzni8.jpg

Pejo

Pejo Pejo
Did you see the second idol vote? I thought it was pretty funny how Ai-chan stepped down because of the massive L she took against Raven.
Also how Elysia thought it would be unfair for everyone else if she entered.
My votes:
LEuzni8.jpg
Yea and Kevin automatically re-entering Raven in the contest was hilarious too.

XMeu83E.jpg

I didn't expect to like the Mantis team as much as I do. Both in gameplay and character story, they're on another level compared to the older characters. I also love morally ambiguous characters, so both Elysia and Mobius are right up my alley. But of course, Himeko is always my first vote. I mainly voted Kallen just to try to get a playable Judah Kallen suit. With the way the main story is going, this could be our last chance.

The hardest choices for me were the costume and the event. They didn't have my favorite costumes in there, the elf Durandal one and the FR green one. Wonder what the stipulations were? They seemed arbitrary which ones were selectable. There were a ton of good skins not present in the voting.

I'm also surprised that the Haxxor Bunny open world didn't get added as a new weekly open world. It was a lot of fun unlocking stuff in the city and was a different theme than what we usually get.

Fox Tower? So it's true lol I wonder if we will be able to use them together with Geo Pillars or they will cancel out each other... Plus Raiden's skill... Hm...

1Ca3cWZ.jpg

Hm...
Is that official art? They look like they hired a budget artist to draw JohnLee.

BlackM1st

Banned
Yea and Kevin automatically re-entering Raven in the contest was hilarious too.

XMeu83E.jpg

I didn't expect to like the Mantis team as much as I do. Both in gameplay and character story, they're on another level compared to the older characters. I also love morally ambiguous characters, so both Elysia and Mobius are right up my alley. But of course, Himeko is always my first vote. I mainly voted Kallen just to try to get a playable Judah Kallen suit. With the way the main story is going, this could be our last chance.

The hardest choices for me were the costume and the event. They didn't have my favorite costumes in there, the elf Durandal one and the FR green one. Wonder what the stipulations were? They seemed arbitrary which ones were selectable. There were a ton of good skins not present in the voting.

I'm also surprised that the Haxxor Bunny open world didn't get added as a new weekly open world. It was a lot of fun unlocking stuff in the city and was a different theme than what we usually get.

Is that official art? They look like they hired a budget artist to draw JohnLee.
Yep, it's official. He looks like a last minute addition lmao

deanote666

So I tried doing my dailies and leylines today with my phone just to practice for this weekend when I won't have access to my gaming PC or PS5....

Fuck I don't know how people play like that. I was using even a mostly invincible team (Zhongli/Shogun/Yoimiya/Sayu) but all it took was that XP leyline in NE Mondstadt with the ice/water enemies to fuck me up. I don't mean I was dying or anything, but frozen every 2 seconds. For as bad as it is to mash jump on controller, it's 1000x worse on touchscreen. It took me like 7 minutes to finish that one leyline.

Do any of you guys play primarily on mobile? I can't imagine enjoying the game like that.
Only ever played on my phone. Android so no controller support either.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Fox Tower? So it's true lol
A disappeared post on leaks sub showed (it's a drawing, not screenshots) her elemental skill as her dashing and leaving a electro symbol behind, and her burst had 3 electro symbols on the ground and a thunderstorm. There was also a picture of her behind one of those symbols shooting a horizontal thunder.
Shenhe/Xiao, Zhong Li/Ganyu.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
A disappeared post on leaks sub showed (it's a drawing, not screenshots) her elemental skill as her dashing and leaving a electro symbol behind, and her burst had 3 electro symbols on the ground and a thunderstorm. There was also a picture of her behind one of those symbols shooting a horizontal thunder.

Sara?

sweating key and peele GIF

That order would be quite inconvenient for me. I was hoping to use my guaranteed pity on Ganyu, and then pull on Shenhe's banner until I get a five star, leaving it up to the 50/50 whether I get her. I don't think she's worth two pities to get. Guess I'll have to decide once she's been tested.

Top Bottom