• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

crumbs

Ningg and C1 Geo is hilarity waiting to happen. Add Baal's skill and yeah... Basically an "autoplay" button xD

Unfortunately I doubt that Yae will be able to add more insanity into that comp tho, because her pillars will probably destroy Geo Lord's and Ningg's geo constructs...

Well, after thinking about, I'll probably just keep saving toward the Shogun's banner as the constellations for Zhongli and Ganyu probably aren't worth the investment. Still interested in Yae (pending info on her kit), but also want to get Ayaka on her rerun, whenever that might occur.

Pejo

Interesting graph of abyss usage history of supports and DPS characters. Seems that 5* supports and Benny/Waterboi are the best investments you can make (as if there was a question about that). Boy did Klee fall off hard. Surprised to see Kokomi so high.

191w2si5fh881.png

v8877si5fh881.png

di9vr2j5fh881.png

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Boy did Klee fall off hard. S
No BIG numbers in 1 shot and in the current Abyss it's something you really want to have. In the open world tho... Hu Tao is a joke and EULA is meh.

For people interested in Yae: her banner is rumored to be before Shogun/Kazuha. Plan your pulls accordingly.
Nice kick into the nuts lol

Surprised to see Kokomi so high.
Vampires. Vampires everywhere. Besides, she's cute and new...

I also love how all new 4☆ are basically irrelevant lmao Except for Diona ofc.

crumbs

No BIG numbers in 1 shot and in the current Abyss it's something you really want to have. In the open world tho... Hu Tao is a joke and EULA is meh.

Yeah, I still use Klee a lot for general use. There's something really satisfying when you drop a bunch of her mines and then use Kazuha's skill to pull all the mines and enemies in together.

I also love how all new 4☆ are basically irrelevant lmao Except for Diona ofc.
Feels bad man. Everyone's excited for new 4 stars but they're ultimately not really worth the effort most of the time. They should nerf Bennett and Xinqiu and buff the rest.

I'm leaning towards pulling for Shenhe. All these leaks only confirm that there ain't much comin' out after 2.4 that I'm interested in. Yae might be strong but I have a bunch of electro characters already. Ayato is an easy skip for me, so is Scara. Inazuma reruns might be cool but it depends on the state of the game at the time. Dendro is a big question mark, and even when it comes into the game it'll likely be with snake dude whom I hate. Seems like I'll be saving until Sumeru. Obviously I'll wait for the character teasers, beta leaks and all that, but that's where I'm at right now.

SSfox

uu3psm7r5g881.jpg

I'm cursed to pull EVERY FUCKING YANFEI AND XINYAN BANNER.

j47c6hyu4g881.png

Another bloodbath.
YES YES i may finally get C6 XQ (unless the game will troll me of course), also i don't have Yanfei so that would be awesome too, Xinyan is nice but tbh i don't play her anymore since i got Diluc and HT lol

For 2.5 i'll likely skip both Raiden and Kazuha, i don't care about Raiden, i probably also skip Kazuha even tho i think he's super cool but there are other reruns i want more. Yae need to see gameplay but i like her since all the dialgues in story she has a SF Poison vibe (my SF5 man) which i like, and she's a Fox too so she is family by default, but still need to see gameplay and how it feels, if she's super fun like some of my fav high chance i'll pull for her.

For people interested in Yae: her banner is rumored to be before Shogun/Kazuha. Plan your pulls accordingly.

Well shit i may have to skip then since i'm gonna use all my primos on the Z (and OF COURSE it's gonna be TOTAL WORTH IT)

Last edited:

crumbs

Why would anyone want to discuss games with strangers in real life? That's why you come to places like GAF, so when some console warrior starts to sperg out, you can just close the tab and get on with your day.

BlackM1st

Banned
Why would anyone want to discuss games with strangers in real life? That's why you come to places like GAF, so when some console warrior starts to sperg out, you can just close the tab and get on with your day.
Yeah, I fail to see the point in discussing games offline. You play games together, not gather together to discuss em lol

Freeman76

Thanks for the BP tips guys, I have another question.

My team is my named character, Jean, Kaeya and Amber, occasionally putting Lisa in if I need Electro.

I have them all at 40, and AR is 21.

My team feels pretty weak. My main has level 40 weapon and the others are 20 as I havent got ascension mats yet. They all have 4* weapons.

Most of my artifacts are 3* and +0, I have 5 4* artifacts that i made +4.

I dont know what im meant to be doing in order to get stronger, and dont want to waste mats on the wrong things.

In short...HEELP lol

Pejo

My team is my named character, Jean, Kaeya and Amber, occasionally putting Lisa in if I need Electro.

My team feels pretty weak. My main has level 40 weapon and the others are 20 as I havent got ascension mats yet. They all have 4* weapons.

I dont know what im meant to be doing in order to get stronger, and dont want to waste mats on the wrong things.

In short...HEELP lol
Before level 70 or so, the amount of overall materials you're investing into characters, weapons, and artifacts is basically peanuts. Don't feel bad about experimenting. You can't even obtain the materials and the high level artifacts yet at this point in the game that you'll be using at the end. Artifacts are probably the biggest waste, but you can use the artifacts you're building now as xp materials for better ones later with minimal overall xp loss. Amber is a necessity in your party for puzzles and Pyro application, so keep building and using her. Jean is your best character and her healing scales on ATK, so go all out with the best ATK setup you have and "main" her until you get a better damage character.

As far as weapons, just use whatever you have with the highest ATK substat, 4* (purple quality) or higher is better. Eventually when you get some more characters and weapons and stuff, then you can be more particular with what you're doing.

You probably saw us discussing upcoming banners. Save every primogem you get and put them towards Zhongli and Ganyu, coming in the 2nd part of the next patch. They will both be HUGE QoL improvements for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: BJK

BlackM1st

Banned
Save every primogem you get and put them towards Zhongli and Ganyu, coming in the 2nd part of the next patch. They will both be HUGE QoL improvements for you.
Wrong order, man. Cocogoat is a priority as he already has Jean.

In short...HEELP lol
So far just do your BP and Invest all you have in Jean. With time, you'll get the hang of it.

Don't bother with your protag, they're just a plot device and doesn't offer any meaningful utility. Amber is needed for you rn and probably has the best overall design in game, but unfortunately she's the worst hero out there lol

Save up your primos for Ganyu banner. Pull her. She's a charge ATK bow user, so you can train with Amber for now hah

After you'll get Ganyu, go for Geo Lord. He's there only to give you invulnerability and drop meteorites on fools. He's very easy to build into meteorite dropping shield bot, but he's primarily an off screen hero.

Ganyu is always there, she's the main DD.

P.S.Don't pull on new Bird Lady banner. She's absolutely useless for you.

Fuz

Banned

In short...HEELP lol
DO NOT "ascend" the world level until you feel comfortable killing stuff. Some of us never ever did the last ascension, since it's basically just more difficulty without a tradeoff.
Don't waste resin on artifact domains until adventure rank 45, farm talent domains and weapon material domains.
Don't level/ascend character too much if you're not sure you're gonna use them. (High chance you will never use the protagonist, Kaeya and Amber later on, 99.9% chance you'll never use Lisa. Jean is amazing, invest on her). Get them to 50 for the second free wish, and that's it.
Never buy blue wishes with primogems. Never spend primogems until you know what you're doing.
DON'T craft weapons if you're not sure what you're doing: the base materials for them are incredibly rare.
When in doubt, HOARD.

Wrong order, man. Cocogoat is a priority as he already has Jean.
Eh. Ganyu is damage. She may currently be the best DPS, but it's just damage. She's replaceable. Zhong Li is much less replaceable, and for me it was a pain in the ass having missed him.

Last edited:

Freeman76

Thanks for the advice guys, really helpful.

I have been throwing everything at my protag lol. If I remove him from the party who is best to bring in?

I have Jean, Amber, Kaeya and Protag

Kick protag and work on

Lisa
Noelle
Gorou
Xingqui
Barbara?

Havent got enough mats to boost them all.

Thanks for all the help

BlackM1st

Banned
Zhong Li is much less replaceable, and for me it was a pain in the ass having missed him.
Jean can effortlessly heal any DMG you'll get.

She's replaceable.
Wkwkwkw Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Some of us never ever did the last ascension, since it's basically just more difficulty without a tradeoff.
Some of you are crazy, yeah.

Never spend primogems until you know what you're doing.
Investment in weapon banners is probably the best thing he can do with his primos!
The Summoning Lol GIF by Cartoon Hangover

Absolute beast of a hero at higher constellations. At C6...

1539.gif

She's strong, lol She gives shields, she heals AND she's main DD. Her problem is energy generation tho.

Strong, ridiculously OP character who's hated by 9 out of 10 people in here lmao

Barbie is bae, but Jean is better.

Gross. Maybe good for Noelle. Maybe. I don't know, really. Gross.

If I remove him from the party who is best to bring in?
Probably Noelle for shields.

crumbs

I have been throwing everything at my protag lol. If I remove him from the party who is best to bring in?

Kick protag and work on

Lisa
Noelle
Gorou
Xingqui
Barbara?

Thanks for all the help
Of that group, Xingqiu is probably the best long term investment because he works well in most team comps, he could work well in a freeze comp with Kaeya?

I used Barbara a lot during the early portion of the game as a healer, but since you have Jean, Barb might not be necessary for you.

Noelle can be powerful, but she requires constellations to be useful. Her shields could be an asset as well if you don't get Zhongli.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Of that group, Xingqiu is probably the best long term investment because he works well in most team comps, he could work well in a freeze comp with Kaeya?

I used Barbara a lot during the early portion of the game as a healer, but since you have Jean, Barb might not be as necessary for you.

Noelle can be powerful, but she requires a lot of constellations to be useful. Her shields could be an asset as well if you don't get Zhongli.
ineedthisforreactions GIF

Fuz

Banned

Kick protag and work on

Lisa
Noelle
Gorou
Xingqui
Barbara?

Thanks for all the help
- Lisa - Just plain bad.
- Noelle - Decent to amazing, depending on constellations. On C6 She's amazing. Can safely invest. Just to put things in contest: I've been playing 1 year and only recently I've got her last constellation.
- Gorou - Very niche. Ignore for now.
- Xingqui - zhirq has got one of the best support kit. Sadly, zhe's amazing. Invest if you can stomach xhirz.
- Barbara - Invest if you need badly an healer and have no other choice. She's very "meh". Edit: you have Jean, throw that stupid nun in the trash.

Last edited:

Freeman76

Thanks again for all the help guys.

How many characters can you actually take to max level?

Ive been being careful so as not to fuck my prospecta of levelling a really good one later on down the road, and I assume the xp dries up once you have opened all the chests etc

Pejo

Kick protag and work on

Lisa
Noelle
Gorou
Xingqui
Barbara?

Thanks for all the help
Xingqui is the only long term investment safe character you have, if you don't mind his design. I hate him and everything he stands for.

Otherwise, your party of 4 is fine for getting through the story. When you get one of the better DPS characters, you will drop the protag and Kaeya likely for good. Amber like I mentioned before is a necessity in your overworld party for puzzles. If you swap her out, you'll constantly have to put her back in the team to progress, so just plan on her being a mainstay. You eventually get Xiangling for free from the endgame-tier content (The Abyss), she will be a better DPS and support than any of your other characters once built properly. She's a Pyro spear character. You only need to beat level 3 or 4 or something to get her, so you should be able to do it when your characters are around level 60, but don't quote me on that.

Otherwise, you will eventually get better damage characters, and they're more "flavor of the month" than the supports. I can't stress enough how much of an improvement Zhongli and Ganyu will be though. Then you could pretty much coast through the game with Ganyu/Zhongli/Xiangling/Jean and nothing could stop you.

Ive been being careful so as not to fuck my prospecta of levelling a really good one later on down the road, and I assume the xp dries up once you have opened all the chests etc
All resources are farmable. You cannot waste resources. As you get stronger and your world level increases, the level and difficulty of the enemies increase, but also the rewards. By the time you're level 80, you get like 8-10 purple books and ~14 blue xp books per run of a farmable event. This is the purpose of the "resin" system. I think you probably have it unlocked, but it's a little icon you can see in your world map that maxes out at 160. You use that stuff as "stamina" to farm for pretty much all growth materials. Mora (this game's money currency), XP books, Talent/weapon/ascension materials are all tied in to that one regenerating resource - resin.

Once you have it unlocked, you should be trying to keep burning it as not to waste any. At this point in the game, you need every material, so don't worry about what you're using it on, just use it. After you start running out of one thing or need certain materials, then you can plan out what you're using it on a little better. There are daily rotations for a few of the materials that can only be farmed on certain real life days of the week.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Then you could pretty much coast through the game with Ganyu/Zhongli/Xiangling/Jean and nothing could stop you.
Setting aside a giant stroke of luck, he's probably not gonna have enough resources to pull for both.

YukiOnna

As many as you want but you are gated by your adventure rank and resources when building. You shouldn't have much trouble getting characters up to level 70 or 80 and reaching AR35+ isn't too difficult. You farm heroes wit through leylines and events and I find Mora to be the bigger issue. It only gets stupid when leveling from 80-90.

Also, can use this as a guide for what artifact and base artifact stats you want for character building: https://genshin.gg/

Pejo

Setting aside a giant stroke of luck, he's probably not gonna have enough resources to pull for both.
You forget he gets all of the story/one time chest primos for the entire way from Mondstadt through Inazuma. I would think that with that + BP + Welkin, he can probably do it. It wouldn't be fun to grind all of that out in 7 weeks, but he could do it.

BlackM1st

Banned

Nah, don't worry, you can level up everything and everyone, there's no limits except for daily resin. You can never spend more resources than you can get. Ley Lines will give you enough gold and xp books.

Enjoy your game while it's fresh.

BTW FYI, heroes are getting stronger not through levels, skill or weapons. It's all helps ofc, especially rare premium weapons with big Crit DMG/ Crit Rate boosts, but...

...but the true endgame is the artifacts farming. It's RNG on top of the RNG lmao I spent 6 months on farming just 1 set for my Klee. Almost all my resin was going only towards 1 dungeon at that time haha.

Fortunately for you, Jean is easy enough to build, Ganyu shines with a very common art set which you'll farm naturally from bosses, and both Geo Lord and Noelle can use the absolutely worst artifacts with main DEF and HP stats lol

Fuz

Banned
You forget he gets all of the story/one time chest primos for the entire way from Mondstadt through Inazuma. I would think that with that + BP + Welkin, he can probably do it. It wouldn't be fun to grind all of that out in 7 weeks, but he could do it.
He'll die on his keyboard if he tries to farm all that. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Nah, don't worry, you can level up everything and everyone, there's no limits except for daily resin.
Yeah, don't listen to him, he's a wannabe pro. Resources are limited, use them wisely.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Achieve maximum burn out for Geo daddy and goat.

Fake

Gold Member
Diluc banner? Hard to believe, BUUUUUUUTTTTTT

I still trying to choise between Xiao banner or Zhongli.

He probably use Gorou.

As many as you can. There is no limit, I guess?

Don't rush things up. Just becareful to not level up your World to make enemies like sponge. To this happen you need to mix leveling up your char, leveling up your weapon and leveling up your skills. Just take your time.

- Lisa - Just plain bad.

No u

I gonna vent over reddit, mark my words.

Last edited:

Saber

You mean like a limit?
You can get as much as characters as you want. But be warned that leveling characters requires money and exp books. So, unless you want to end up poor in the streets of Monstad(like me trying to feed all my waifus at same time), I recommend you leveling up your "mains" first. Choose the characters you like or feel like they can carry everyone and then focus of leveling up those. Make a full 4-team maxed and use that team to level up, farm itens and money for the rest. Gradually, you gonna make all your characters to the max level.

Aways remember that characters need to ascend and require ascencion itens. I recommend you to find the itens you want over honey impact or other guides so you can prepare yourself.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Just did an underwater glitch.

Basically experienced a desert 🏜 region if it ever gonna be released lmao

Interestingly enough there's a giant empty space between Liyue and Inazuma and if you fall there you'll get teleported back to Beidou's ship.

Top Bottom