• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

This was my favourite bit. When you'd find a small bit where organic life still existed.

But I liked the blue-ish grey hue to the area with Dainichi Mikoshi lighting it anyway. Gave it a otherworldly feel.
Yea it gave it an "under the sea" theme without even having much water at all in the entire zone. I think they missed a golden opportunity to dig into some eldritch horror elements.

YukiOnna

Yea it gave it an "under the sea" theme without even having much water at all in the entire zone. I think they missed a golden opportunity to dig into some eldritch horror elements.
Sadly their monster designs leave a lot to be desired compared to human ones like Foul Legacy, Kairagi, Shogun, etc. At least the world design is great.

IMO they lost the opportunity of making Kokomi temple underwater.
That's what I was expecting Enkanomiya to initially look like and have with Ryugu-jo but it looks like they went for a mix of Greek(?) and Japanese in it to separate it.

Pejo

Did we ever get any info on who those giant statues holding the lanterns were supposed to be? They were as big if not bigger than the Venti/Baal statues, wonder if they were their version of a greek god or something.

YukiOnna

Did we ever get any info on who those giant statues holding the lanterns were supposed to be? They were as big if not bigger than the Venti/Baal statues, wonder if they were their version of a greek god or something.
The ones leading to the Dainichi Mikoshi? I thought they might have to do with Sage Aberaku or the puppet Sunchildren since the nobles turned it into a religion.

Pejo

The ones leading to the Dainichi Mikoshi? I thought they might have to do with Sage Aberaku or the puppet Sunchildren since the nobles turned it into a religion.
No the enormous ones on the side of the evernight temple, like underneath the ground level.

YukiOnna

No the enormous ones on the side of the evernight temple, like underneath the ground level.
Oh those. I didn't notice any explanation about them either sadly unless I missed it.
I hope we get more background on that part of their history or another book release during 2.5/the Event.

Pejo

Oh those. I didn't notice any explanation about them either sadly unless I missed it.
I hope we get more background on that part of their history or another book release during 2.5/the Event.
I thought for sure we'd have a puzzle to light those torches they were holding, because they're made of that material that only shows at night. But nope, not that I found at least. Like I said, it was at least as big as the Venti statue, probably bigger. There has to be some sort of lore behind something like that, especially given how inconvenient it would have been to carve them out of the side of the land.

You're right, maybe they're saving the lore there for past Enka.

Pejo

FLWyvu5XMAA-JZB

So R Reizo Ryuu

Holy shit was the translation bad for the story stuff the past 2 updates. What a time for them to fuck off with all sorts of spelling/translation errors and stiff wording. Also, they didn't even have text for some of the stuff Otto was saying. I'm really disappointed, this was a big moment for the game and they just half assed it.

Last edited:

SSfox

I've 31* in abyss, a new record for me, and first time i beat level 12.

Yae is tempting, not sure if I pull but can't wait try her.

Fake

Gold Member
I've 31* in abyss, a new record for me, and first time i beat level 12.

Yae is tempting, not sure if I pull but can't wait try her.

Yae will be good for beat the water boss fight in abyss. Well, with Lisa at least is fine. I just use her for basic attacks.

Yae will be good for beat the water boss fight in abyss. Well, with Lisa at least is fine. I just use her for basic attacks.
Or just perma-freeze them with pretty much any cryo character.

Yae sounds like another off-field damaging support, and I feel like that role is already well-represented in electro with Fischl, Beidou and even Shogun. I'd rather diversify my account, but if you like her design I guess she might be worth it. And who knows, maybe she's busted. Doesn't seem like it right now though.

Fake

Gold Member
Or just perma-freeze them with pretty much any cryo character.

Yae sounds like another off-field damaging support, and I feel like that role is already well-represented in electro with Fischl, Beidou and even Shogun. I'd rather diversify my account, but if you like her design I guess she might be worth it. And who knows, maybe she's busted. Doesn't seem like it right now though.

I feel like whatever Yae will be a better Lisa or not, she will get the new artifact to back her up.

Fake

Gold Member
Probably. The question is when that will happen. Xiao is still waiting for a set to make him good.

I remember when I get Xiao for the first time.
2 set glad and 2 set anemo. Since Inazuma I changed for 2 glad and 2 set that increase ATK in the same way was the gladiator.

Works pretty good so far.

Last edited:

BJK

Probably out of the running for Yae….but that’s mainly because I managed to draw out Zhongli C1 today!

…and I just need 2 gold books for him to join Jean in the triple-crown club.

YukiOnna

Nice to have a clearer translation of that interview. I liked the in-depth talk about Shogun's design and the various behind the scenes on the island. Hopefully, we get another one covering the rest of 2.x's development.

Bit of a weird answer on the re-runs though.

YukiOnna

Preliminary patch notes

Also small, but I noticed the reuploaded 2.5 trailer on the Japanese channel now features the HOYOVERSE logo at the beginning, which is tied to Cognosphere. They also replaced Mihoyo with Cognosphere in the copyright and added Hoyoverse to the Genshin JP Paimon icon.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Official Statement

Presenting the New Brand HoYoverse: Aiming to Provide Global Players With an Immersive Virtual World Experience​

Today, we are excited to announce the official launch of our all-new, forward-thinking brand, HoYoverse. The brand aims to create and deliver an immersive virtual world experience to players worldwide through a variety of entertainment services.

Since day one, our primary goal in content creation has been to provide our players all over the globe with something extraordinary, fresh, and intriguing. Our game titles — including Genshin Impact, Honkai Impact 3rd, and Tears of Themis — have been warmly received by a broad spectrum of players in recent years. Meanwhile, we have also introduced a wide range of entertainment content to fans worldwide, expanding our range of game titles and expertise in technical research with the release of the virtual character Lumi and the N0va Desktop App, anime, manga, light novels, and music, among others. The launch of HoYoverse reflects our growing commitment to providing global audiences with immersive entertainment through high-quality, diverse content.

"Our mission in establishing HoYoverse is to create a vast and content-driven virtual world that integrates games, anime, and other diverse types of entertainment, which will provide players with a high level of freedom and immersion," said Haoyu Cai, co-founder and CEO of HoYoverse. "We will continue to focus on long-term operation strategies, consistent technical research, and innovation in a variety of fields, including artificial intelligence, cloud computing, and pipeline construction, to ensure that sufficient content is created to meet the expectations of players worldwide for a virtual world experience."

HoYoverse will expand its content production, technology research, and publishing duties through operations in offices in Montreal, Los Angeles, Singapore, Tokyo, and Seoul. With global talent and employees located around the world, HoYoverse will continue to research and develop cutting-edge technologies to enhance its capacities and capabilities to provide high-quality content that enhances and optimizes the player experience.

Pejo

Official Statement

Presenting the New Brand HoYoverse: Aiming to Provide Global Players With an Immersive Virtual World Experience​

Today, we are excited to announce the official launch of our all-new, forward-thinking brand, HoYoverse. The brand aims to create and deliver an immersive virtual world experience to players worldwide through a variety of entertainment services.

Since day one, our primary goal in content creation has been to provide our players all over the globe with something extraordinary, fresh, and intriguing. Our game titles — including Genshin Impact, Honkai Impact 3rd, and Tears of Themis — have been warmly received by a broad spectrum of players in recent years. Meanwhile, we have also introduced a wide range of entertainment content to fans worldwide, expanding our range of game titles and expertise in technical research with the release of the virtual character Lumi and the N0va Desktop App, anime, manga, light novels, and music, among others. The launch of HoYoverse reflects our growing commitment to providing global audiences with immersive entertainment through high-quality, diverse content.

"Our mission in establishing HoYoverse is to create a vast and content-driven virtual world that integrates games, anime, and other diverse types of entertainment, which will provide players with a high level of freedom and immersion," said Haoyu Cai, co-founder and CEO of HoYoverse. "We will continue to focus on long-term operation strategies, consistent technical research, and innovation in a variety of fields, including artificial intelligence, cloud computing, and pipeline construction, to ensure that sufficient content is created to meet the expectations of players worldwide for a virtual world experience."

HoYoverse will expand its content production, technology research, and publishing duties through operations in offices in Montreal, Los Angeles, Singapore, Tokyo, and Seoul. With global talent and employees located around the world, HoYoverse will continue to research and develop cutting-edge technologies to enhance its capacities and capabilities to provide high-quality content that enhances and optimizes the player experience.

Wow this could be huge or could be nothing at all. Wonder if that means they'll properly split CN and GL versions of the games, as other gachas have done (Azure Lane, GFL, etc) or if it's just for tax/money reasons?

MHY is still privately held, so they don't have to give a shit about investors, I'm cautiously optimistic about this.

YukiOnna

Wow this could be huge or could be nothing at all. Wonder if that means they'll properly split CN and GL versions of the games, as other gachas have done (Azure Lane, GFL, etc) or if it's just for tax/money reasons?

MHY is still privately held, so they don't have to give a shit about investors, I'm cautiously optimistic about this.
Feels like they're moving to splitting the version of the game or I'm hoping. They're also hiring a ton in the various offices so it's not some minor brand change and their statement is clearly shifted to global community.

Pejo

Let's pray they realize there's a bigger userbase outside reddit and there next biggest region is Japan.

Valentines from Jean, Noelle, and Eula

Shame they didn't have a small event in the game instead. Nobody would object to a valentine's event.

Looks like we're retroactively getting Kazari's mask as furniture.

Jz9eFRP.jpg

YukiOnna

Shame they didn't have a small event in the game instead. Nobody would object to a valentine's event.

Looks like we're retroactively getting Kazari's mask as furniture.

Jz9eFRP.jpg
After experiencing how fancy Honkai's Birthday messages are I am eternally sad at the missed opportunity.

Also, account management service provider will be moved to Cognosphere in the background and rebranded. Also, CS Emails will change.

Details About Changes to Account Services and Customer Service Emails
Dear Travelers, we will be making changes to our Accounts and Customer Service emails in the near future.

The account used for account management will change service provider to COGNOSPHERE PTE. LTD., and will be renamed to "HoYoverse Account." The change is only related to branding and will take place over an extended period of time. Please rest assured that your game progress and account linking relationship will not be affected.

The official email address for Genshin Impact will be updated as of 08:00 (UTC+8), February 16, 2022. If you have any problems and need assistance, you can click "Contact Us" in the navigation bar at the bottom of the current page to access the customer support.

Customer Service Contact Email: genshin_cs@hoyoverse.com
Between 08:00 (UTC+8) on February 16, 2022 and 08:00 (UTC+8) on May 1, 2022, if you contact us at our previous email addresses, your email will be automatically forwarded to our new email addresses, which will be used by our staff to respond to your email.

Beginning from 08:00 (UTC+8) on May 1, 2022, our previous email addresses will be out of service. Please contact the new official email addresses for customer support.

This change will not affect our service quality. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Pejo

We get a little info about a few new characters in Yae's voicelines.

275vqum8yph81.png

Interesting to me that they call Scaramouche by his original name, Kunikuzushi

Ha, they gave lore backstories to each of the censored costumes as well. At least it's not ultra low effort, even if I dislike each of them.

kv1rhgd1xph81.png

karfd3n4xph81.png

76gtloo6xph81.png

x6sfn408xph81.png

Last edited:

YukiOnna

We get a little info about a few new characters in Yae's voicelines.

275vqum8yph81.png

Interesting to me that they call Scaramouche by his original name, Kunikuzushi
I'm still wondering why Ei named him something so ominous as that.

I keep thinking of a different Shinobu when I read her name.

SSfox

One of my personal favorites, and best "hang out" quests out of any of the characters so far. Shame they keep wanting to make her yuri bait for Ningguang.

Bro you just reminded me Lili and Asuka in Tekken, both were introduced with unique and interesting personalities and lores, until both quickly became and turned only into the Bait characters for the Yuri community with literally nothing else in the character development and lore side.

Last edited:

Saber

One of my personal favorites, and best "hang out" quests out of any of the characters so far. Shame they keep wanting to make her yuri bait for Ningguang.

Didn't they tried to do that initially with Yanfei, saying in the lore she was saved and now were buddies with Eula? But the reddit swarms of yuri artworks of Amber and now the two of them are close buddies, but no one remembers that Yanfei is her friend?

Last edited:
Unless they reverse the replacement of the original skins and art, HoYoverse is too little too late. But who knows, maybe it can prevent future fuckery.

Pejo

Bro you just reminded me Lili and Asuka in Tekken, both were introduced with unique and interesting personalities and lores, until both quickly became and turned only into the Bait characters for the Yuri community with literally nothing else in the character development and lore side.
Such is the problem with shippers. I find it funny that the biggest "ships" in the game are:

Ning/Beidou - Clearly they keep themselves distant and "at odds" because of appearances since Ning is the leader of Liyue and Beidou does illegal smuggling, often for Ning herself. But the twist is that they're friends as they've often collaborated to help/save Liyue. Reddit: "OMG she said that her dress looks nice, they FUCKIN'! yaaaas queen!"
Amber/Eula - Literally Eula perceives that she has no friends, and has such low self esteem due to the constant bullshittery by Mondstadt citizens that she does the "vengeance" meme to keep everyone at bay since it's a way for her to control the situation. Amber pushes past that because she's a generally good person and values her as a friend. Reddit: "Clearly they're smashing clams omg bitches slay!"
Diluc/Kaeya - Not even going to justify this one with an explanation.

It probably doesn't help that MHY does legitimately have a history of having yuri in their games, but if you see the stuff they do in Honkai vs. the stuff they do in Genshin, you can easily realize what IS, and what ISN'T.
Didn't they tried to do that initially with Yanfei, saying in the lore she was saved and now were buddies with Eula? But the reddit swarms of yuri artworks of Amber and now the two of them are close buddies, but no one remembers that Yanfei is her friend?
I don't remember but probably.

They keep all these relationships and interactions deliberately ambiguous so people can make it fit their own headcanon. "OMG Chongyun totally has the hots for his auntie!" VS "He was just getting heated because he didn't eat his popsicle" VS "Chongyun is gay for Xinqiu that's why they hang out all the time" etc. They put just enough stuff in the game that it remains uncertain. That's why I don't really care how they depict these characters. They're all ultimately for you as the player to do with as you please.

Fake

Gold Member
I don't care about chars 'ship', in fact I really hate every part of gaming community with purpose of imagining those relationships, but I was never against.

The fun fact is, they hate each other. The Chongus s2 Xingu hate people shipping Chongus s2 Xynian and want the people that think Chongus s2 Aunti need to die. I mean, 3D not real person and people fighting with each other, they are fictional beings.

As soon as the censorship come to the friendship between Chongyun and Xinqiu I'll be lmao, in fact I saw a patern about people 'LOVING' those news censorskin, but don't want Xinqiu skin to be touched.

We can really see the consequences of social media with COVID sittuation in this game.

Last edited:

Saber

They keep all these relationships and interactions deliberately ambiguous so people can make it fit their own headcanon. "OMG Chongyun totally has the hots for his auntie!" VS "He was just getting heated because he didn't eat his popsicle" VS "Chongyun is gay for Xinqiu that's why they hang out all the time" etc. They put just enough stuff in the game that it remains uncertain. That's why I don't really care how they depict these characters. They're all ultimately for you as the player to do with as you please.

Yeah, they didn't born yesterday. Hence why reddit is flooded with artworks 24/7. And makes you wonder why retard people suddenly agrees with censoring, even though their stupid fantasies plays a big part on this.

Top Bottom