• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Just a little over two weeks until I get Amber's C6. I need to get farming for her artifact set to make my plan work. I've been kinda enjoying the dead time with the game lately to keep playing Elden Ring, but some things are more important.

qkt85r5x7qn81.jpg

crumbs

Was thinking about maybe pulling both Ayato & Ayaka (if she ends up as a rerun on the next update), but it kinda sucks that they have a lot of the same upgrade materials (assuming that Ayato's specs from the leaks are accurate). I guess I should have been farming those sakura blossoms a little harder :messenger_neutral: , plus I went through a lot of my handguards upgrading the Shogun.

BJK

Was thinking about maybe pulling both Ayato & Ayaka (if she ends up as a rerun on the next update), but it kinda sucks that they have a lot of the same upgrade materials (assuming that Ayato's specs from the leaks are accurate). I guess I should have been farming those sakura blossoms a little harder :messenger_neutral: , plus I went through a lot of my handguards upgrading the Shogun.

As someone who’s gradually leveling Raiden Shogun’s talents, it sucks that she uses hand guards for evolution & talents. I’ve taken to doing all my ley lines out in Inazuma, just to increase the chances of getting a few extra drops.

(Though it’s nice to be close enough to maxing out the BP that I can ignore bosses for a few weeks.)

Not planning on doing any pulls during the next patch, aside from standard banner.

I keep running into the sakura, but without any electro characters to 'activate' them in my team I just leave them. I'm not gonna swap constantly, I don't do that for the dandelion seeds either. Those two are definitely the most annoying resources to collect.

crumbs

I keep running into the sakura, but without any electro characters to 'activate' them in my team I just leave them. I'm not gonna swap constantly, I don't do that for the dandelion seeds either. Those two are definitely the most annoying resources to collect.

Yeah, the resources that require an element to collect are annoying. I pre-farmed a bunch of sakura for a Ayaka's rerun, then stopped when I had enough. I guess I should have kept going.

Jean's the one standard banner character that I want but don't have, so I have tons of dandelion seeds ready for her.

This patch is all over the place. We knew that going in, but it's still weird. I wish it had 4 banners instead of 3 since we still need so many reruns. Feels a bit awkward to have Ayaka on her own. I skimmed through so I'm not entirely sure about all the events and stuff, but it seems fine but not great.

crumbs

This patch is all over the place. We knew that going in, but it's still weird. I wish it had 4 banners instead of 3 since we still need so many reruns. Feels a bit awkward to have Ayaka on her own. I skimmed through so I'm not entirely sure about all the events and stuff, but it seems fine but not great.
Well, we get a new area, so it's already better than the current patch. Also a free Xingqiu, I know you guys love his shorts.

Agreed on the banner setup. Apparently the speculation is that Ayaka is solo because of the weapons banner and Hoyo not wanting both her & Ayato and/or Venti's signature weapons on it at the same time. Not sure if that's true, I don't pay much attention to the weapons banner.

Last edited:

Pejo

Watched the special program.

• Chasm looks great. Really excited for that
  • New abyss quest, about damn time
  • Festival events look meh, I am interested in the parry mechanic though. Wonder if it's a "beta test" for a future character. I mean I guess people using Beidou/Yun Jin are already used to that gameplay style though...
  • Theater McAnus returns, fucking hell. Time to get my gf to beat it for me again.
  • Ayato official kit is pretty much what we last got from the beta. Unless the character demo is the most fun thing ever, I'm full on banner skips for this whole patch, boring.
  • "hey don't forget our feature-lacking photo mode!"
  • New OST album up to Enka. Some of the best music in the game will be included in this one, IMO. Hopefully that means we get more teapot records soon. I'm not in love with the selection we've been offered and actually removed the furniture from my teapot becasue I couldn't figure out how to set it back to default teapot music.
For me, this whole patch lives or dies with how fun Chasm is. I have no reason to expect that it won't be great though, especially since it's in the incredible land of Liyue™

Festival events look meh, I am interested in the parry mechanic though. Wonder if it's a "beta test" for a future character. I mean I guess people using Beidou/Yun Jin are already used to that gameplay style though...
I wonder if they are just gonna keep it mode exclusive, like elysian realm upgrades, or if it's something that rolls out for everyone in the future.
I want the latter.

XbHSVwL.gif

Pejo

I wonder if they are just gonna keep it mode exclusive, like elysian realm upgrades, or if it's something that rolls out for everyone in the future.
I want the latter.

XbHSVwL.gif
I'm sure it'll be that mode only, but my guess is it's to introduce a concept to see if people like it to introduce it as a new character in the future.

9iz1h2njk5o81.png

So it looks like Yelan/any 4* in 2.7 will be it until Sumeru for new characters.

crumbs

I'm sure it'll be that mode only, but my guess is it's to introduce a concept to see if people like it to introduce it as a new character in the future.

9iz1h2njk5o81.png

So it looks like Yelan/any 4* in 2.7 will be it until Sumeru for new characters.
So are we thinking that 3.0 is coming soon than expected?

Or

We're going to be seeing a lot of rerun banners?

My guess:

whats happening rerun GIF

Sorry for the old reference

So are we thinking that 3.0 is coming soon than expected?

Or

We're going to be seeing a lot of rerun banners?
The way it's worded makes it seem like 2.8 definitely exists, so even if 3.0 comes sooner than expected, we'd only be skipping one patch.

If 2.9 does exist and consists of even more reruns, that'd be a loooot of reruns back to back. Yelan's update will have some too after all. Can they keep the players' attention for 3~4 months without any new characters? I wonder.

Regardless, I'm still pretty happy with this news. We've been stuck in limbo for such a long time, I just want them to focus all their attention on Sumeru and dendro.

SSfox

Happy there is no Kazuha in 2.6, i want him but not in patch with other characters i want.

Right now i'm not sure tho how i'm gonna pull, i like Ayato a lot and i want Akaka as well, Venti would be great too but gonna have to skip him in this rerun, i want to C6 my Gourou so i think going for Ayato just for a bit or all in will depend on the 4* he will be with, i also want Sucrose and i feel she may be with Ayato, hopefully i can get at least 1 copy of her.

Ayato looks great and fun, but Ayaka is a must for me since i don't have a 5* DPS Cryo rn. Anyway super excited for the update, and Chasm is looking neat AF.

SSfox

Oh fat fuck i wanted to fuck with weapon banner to snipe that nice looking claymore, but i think i have pulled a bit more than i should have, around 3 multi or more and i got the kokomi weapon... Huh, but who knows it may be useful for some character someday.

Last edited:

crumbs

Oh fat fuck i wanted to fuck with weapon banner to snipe that nice looking claymore, but i think i have pulled a bit more than i should have, around 3 multi or more and i got the kokomi weapon... Huh, but who knows it may be usueful for some character someday.

Condolences.

donuts GIF

The current "event" with double talent books feels weird. It's not like you can farm the types you want specifically since there's a daily rotation. I'm gonna pre-farm some guides to gold though. I assume that's what Yelan needs.

SSfox

So Yunjin, Sucrose, XL will be with Ayato/Venti Banners. Gotta admit i smelt Yunjin and Sucrose, but not much XL, overall pretty solid banner.

That's a really good banner, especially for beginners. I think most long-time players probably have Sucrose and Xiangling at high cons by now.

With Sucrose on this banner, I hope that means Sayu will be on Ayaka's. I've decided to throw some primos her way after all.

Pejo

Holy shit, I FINALLY got Tales of Winter commission in Mondstadt and got the associated world quest. After like 1.5 fucking years. Finally got that 22/22 in the Mondstadt quest section. Feels good.

Fuz Fuz what about you, you get it yet?

New battle event was fun. With me building so many characters simultaneously this event was basically made for someone like me. I got 2 Platinum, the rest Gold on first try without really changing my team layout the whole time. I was sad when they removed the venti succ skill from the team skill selection. Ah well, nice quick chunk of resources and primos. I'm probably about 70% of the way through Elden Ring so hopefully I can finish my first playthrough of that before Chasm gets here.

So Yunjin, Sucrose, XL will be with Ayato/Venti Banners. Gotta admit i smelt Yunjin and Sucrose, but not much XL, overall pretty solid banner.
Pretty good banner, especially for newbies or Anemo-lets. Nothing there to make me pull though. I wonder if Polar Star is coming back on weapon banner soon as the "off" weapon. I'd kinda like one of those for my Tart.

crumbs

Didn't have much time to mess with this Team Battle event, so did enough to get the primos.

My best Teams were:

Shogun + Xingqiu
Zhongli + Ningguang
Diluc + Chongyun
Kaz + Klee

I had trickier time matching up Ayaka, who I don't have and was using as a trial character. I also whiffed on her burst a couple of times which didn't help.

SSfox

Didn't have much time to mess with this Team Battle event, so did enough to get the primos.

My best Teams were:

Shogun + Xingqiu
Zhongli + Ningguang
Diluc + Chongyun
Kaz + Klee

I had trickier time matching up Ayaka, who I don't have and was using as a trial character. I also whiffed on her burst a couple of times which didn't help.

I was planning to start this today, i think I'm just gonna try to finish it asap and goes back to Elden Ring.

Gotta say btw the bar event is way more fun than I though, no ironie but i really enjoyed this one lol

Apparently weebs are upset because Ayaka calls him by name instead of onii-chan. But then again if they were true weebs, why would they be playing in English?
Why would they even expect that when no-one's called -san or -kun or -chan in the entire game?

She calls him onii-sama in the JP version.

Anyway, Ayato comes off as kinda boring. Not a very interesting personality, especially seeing how this game's filled with workaholics already.

Pejo

Anyway, Ayato comes off as kinda boring. Not a very interesting personality, especially seeing how this game's filled with workaholics already.
Agreed, I'm really tired of the trope already. We have what, Ganyu/Ning/Keqing/Yanfei/Jean/Noelle/Sucrose all with that trait, usually their defining one. You could argue for people burning the candle on both ends like Diluc and Rosaria too. Hu Tao, for as much as I hate her gameplay style, is at least a different fun personality type. For as one-note as Eula was at release, her character development has been one of the better ones.

I wonder when we're going to start seeing part 2 of 5* character quests. I was assuming they'd start popping up when reruns started happening, but we're on the verge of Venti's 3rd rerun and he still hasn't had part 2 of his quest.

Fuz

Banned
Holy shit, I FINALLY got Tales of Winter commission in Mondstadt and got the associated world quest. After like 1.5 fucking years. Finally got that 22/22 in the Mondstadt quest section. Feels good.

Fuz Fuz Fuz Fuz what about you, you get it yet?
Haven't done Mondstadt commissions since Inazuma.

Fuz

Banned
Why would they even expect that when no-one's called -san or -kun or -chan in the entire game?

She calls him onii-sama in the JP version.

...he has a personality?

SSfox

Looks like they're splitting Yelan (5*) and Shinobu (4*) into separate banners in 2.7. What a bunch of dirty dicks.
Haha, but personally i like it, cause i want Shinobu and i plan to skip Yelan. The only dick move that Hoyo can do to me is putting Gorou with Yelan though.

Pejo

Haha, but personally i like it, cause i want Shinobu and i plan to skip Yelan. The only dick move that Hoyo can do to me is putting Gorou with Yelan though.
Her new leaked kit is basically 5* Xinqiu, with HP scaling as a mechanic. So in my eyes, that improves her quite a bit. She still gets a dice roll on one of her skills, but it might be just for thematic reasons and not have any effect on the buffs.

Dregnel

Looks like they're splitting Yelan (5*) and Shinobu (4*) into separate banners in 2.7. What a bunch of dirty dicks.
that was what made me leave the game for months the last time, breaking my pity for 4 * characters and in the end they didn't even give me the 4 * character, in the end I only had dupes and c1 and c2 of my 5 * characters later I realized that I had been playing for 3 months without any new characters.

Pejo

that was what made me leave the game for months the last time, breaking my pity for 4 * characters and in the end they didn't even give me the 4 * character, in the end I only had dupes and c1 and c2 of my 5 * characters later I realized that I had been playing for 3 months without any new characters.
Yea the rate of new 4* is a bit too low for my liking. I get that the same amount of work goes into a 4* as a 5* on the dev end, but still they should make new characters a little more accessible for people not interested in the main 5* star of the patch. Hopefully 3.0 will hit us with a few new 5* and 4*s with a new nation and everything.

The leaks have already started for names found in the files for Sumeru characters, but nobody knows at this point if they're playable, NPCs, villains, etc. I'd like to see them start it with a bang though, since not only do we have a new region, but also a new element. In my mind, we should get a free 4* Dendro alongside the MC dendro statue powers. You know they have snek boi waiting in Liyue until they figure out the element. I'm sure he'll be on a future banner when we come back to Liyue to talk about how great Liyue is and Liyue aaacckkshuuuaalllly being the birthplace of Dendro but they gave it to Sumeru instead in their benevolence.

Anyways, at least 1 new 4* and 1 new 5* should be the standard per patch, more for major patches like anniversary or new regions.

It'd also be nice if they decided to finally go back and buff underperforming characters with a new evolution mechanic or something. With as many characters as we have now, there's no reason Sara/Qiqi/Amber have to be as bad as they are.

crumbs

It'd also be nice if they decided to finally go back and buff underperforming characters with a new evolution mechanic or something. With as many characters as we have now, there's no reason Sara/Qiqi/Amber have to be as bad as they are.
Not holding my breath on this one considering that haven't really fixed some of the issues/bugs certain 4 stars have suffered through since launch.

As an example, I recently C6'd Ningguang. Her burst has always been sketchy due to the game's auto-targeting issues, but the 7 extra jades (from her C6, awarded after using her burst) miss enemies way too often, it's really frustrating to watch. This happens a lot when fighting the golden wolf-lord boss; many of the jades will miss even when the single target boss is staggered and stationary.

The next time we'll see him is probably with Itto's rerun, same as they did for Kujou Sara. They're just too niche characters to throw on banners randomly.

SSfox

The next time we'll see him is probably with Itto's rerun, same as they did for Kujou Sara. They're just too niche characters to throw on banners randomly.
Yeah, but they can do some nonsens thing as well who knows, but it yeah it will have more sens to put Gorou with Itto, so with Klee as well in this case.

Top Bottom