• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fuz

Banned
Not my problem.
2Rce3.gif

Pejo

Hmm, so today when I was doing dailies, I couldn't talk to my teapot spirit anymore. The main one that handles all of your affairs, not the weekly shop one. I tried moving around some furniture, exiting/re-entering, moving the teapot spirit itself, but nada. Restarted the game and still nada.

Anybody else having this issue?

crumbs

Hmm, so today when I was doing dailies, I couldn't talk to my teapot spirit anymore. The main one that handles all of your affairs, not the weekly shop one. I tried moving around some furniture, exiting/re-entering, moving the teapot spirit itself, but nada. Restarted the game and still nada.

No issues speaking to the bird when I went to my teapot today. I even went to your teapot to buy some rocks for the weekly BP entry and I didn't have any problems.

deanote666

Why'd you piss her off?

Maybe try changing layout? Force a resource verify?

Anyone know of a good crystal farming guide that includes respawn times? It seems like crystal despawns on some days?

Leveled up Kagura's Verity and now under 1000 purple crystals. Need me more crystals for the doughnut.

Got Yae 63.1 CR, 174.4 CD, 96 EM, 110.4 ER, 2095 ATK.

Last edited:

Pejo

This is interesting. The guys at /r/genshin_lore took all of the known locations from lore (books, items, stories, etc) and the leaked Teyvat general shape and put together a map. This is obviously not concrete but kinda gives you an idea of what the game will look like by year 7, with place names and interpretations of what it looks like.

x7idcfm7krl81.jpg

crumbs

This is interesting. The guys at /r/genshin_lore took all of the known locations from lore (books, items, stories, etc) and the leaked Teyvat general shape and put together a map. This is obviously not concrete but kinda gives you an idea of what the game will look like by year 7, with place names and interpretations of what it looks like.

x7idcfm7krl81.jpg
That's cool. Is Isle of Cannibals a ASOIAF reference or is that GI lore?

The map's style reminds me of ASOIAF & LOTR maps.

Pejo

Indeed. After the Clown World thread was deleted last year without prior moderation, I just stick to gaming topics. Writing was on the wall.
Man I miss that thread.

I found this pretty interesting to read/watch. Apparently there was more thought put into the Inazuman civil war than I orginally gave MHY credit for:

SSfox

I have to say this game is so fun, i just log to quickly do dailies and burn resines before going back to Elden Ring, but then hard to quit cause it's just so fun to play!!

One of the main reason is Itto tho, it's gonna be quite hard for Hoyo to make a DPS character more dope and fun than him, i'm even considering C6 in the long run but hhhhhhhhhh still too many characters i want though so for now not much haha.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

BlackM1st got banned? Damn. Always play it safe in what you say.

I have to say this game is so fun, i just log to quickly do dailies and burn resines before going back to Elden Ring, but then hard to quit cause it's just so fun to play!!

One of the main reason is Itto tho, it's gonna be quite hard for Hoyo to make a DPS character more dope and fun than him, i'm even considering C6 in the long run but hhhhhhhhhh still too many characters i want though so for not much haha.
I've completely taken off because Elden Ring. Actually good because I was going to roll for Kokomi's weapon but now I broke off that temptation and will just go in saving mode when I return.

I was thinking of mapping that fanmade teyvat map to a sphere, but then I realised it wouldn't make any sense because there's only 1 cold area on it.
Teyvat looks like would only be one hemisphere of a globe, but even then inazuma and meridiem don't make sense climate wise. Teyvat might as well be the guiding lands from MHW.

Pejo

I was thinking of mapping that fanmade teyvat map to a sphere, but then I realised it wouldn't make any sense because there's only 1 cold area on it.
Teyvat looks like would only be one hemisphere of a globe, but even then inazuma and meridiem don't make sense climate wise. Teyvat might as well be the guiding lands from MHW.
Well I for one buy into the "Flat Teyvat Society". If this really is the entire world instead of just one big continent or a simulation, I can't make any good sense of it, well unless they have 2 suns or something. There's also a non-zero chance that we're actually underground or in a space quarantined off from reality. I wish they'd keep the traveler storyline moving a little quicker so we start to get at least some hints at the bigger picture here. We've already seen a ton of worldbuilding as far as Celestia, the archons, and what was before/after them, but we still don't have a good idea of what the travelers were doing, where they came from, what Teyvat and it's "laws" are etc.

LOLCats

Banned
Yeah it was known already. So cheap.

I must admit tho. GT7 car prices makes GI looks "normal" lmao
Omg you banned... cya man. And i just looked into gt7 mtx and fucking wow. That shit can go straight to hell. Another reason why forza(s) are simply king of racers. You get all the cool cars without wasting your life or endless dollars.

i might pop into a GT7 thread and see what people are saying because that sounds bad and no fun.

Last edited:

Pejo

So a guy on reddit removed all the fluffy bits from the characters so you can see the differences in their models. They really nerfed Keqing for her new outfit, poor gal.

*edit*

Boy that formatting sucks. Here's what everyone clicks it for:

6lhu402yv4m81.png

j9mktp7xv4m81.png

Last edited:

crumbs

Aren't you guys bored?

This is a really busy time at work for me and I don't have much free time to game, so the current lack of content actually works in my favor :messenger_grinning_sweat: If I had more free time, I would likely be working my backlog since GI is so dry at the moment.

I have been looking forward to pulling for the Shogun today, which is the first character I'm building after resuming GI back in November.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
I'm playing Elden Ring, just checking on the thread and news while I'm "working".

Same. Just came here to see if this game will get a decent patch, but will be hard for me to go back.

Not giving a step foward to the lore is a huge mistake from GI team part.

crumbs

Well, I got the Shogun at about 80 pulls, so not much luck on getting a quick pull during the soft pity. Pulled 3 Kujou Sara (who I didn't have but probably won't bother with even though I like her design), 1 Xinyan (now at C4 :messenger_expressionless: ), and 1 Diona (C5). On the plus side was no Bennett constellations since I have those maxed a long time ago.

Still have close to 180 wishes in the bank, so we'll see how Ayato plays during his demo. I've also pre-farmed Ayaka mats, so her rerun would be welcomed.

Pejo

wftvs2f0n7m81.jpg

CN lukewarm on Yae. Wonder how other regions fared.

In my opinion, she's fine, but a downgrade over Fischl/Shogun for off-field electro, better Electro dps than Lisa, but that's not saying much.

Her attacks are too slow and her numbers are right in the middle of the pack. Nothing to stand out with unless you really like her, or her design (post-diaper change).

crumbs

wftvs2f0n7m81.jpg

CN lukewarm on Yae. Wonder how other regions fared.

In my opinion, she's fine, but a downgrade over Fischl/Shogun for off-field electro, better Electro dps than Lisa, but that's not saying much.

Her attacks are too slow and her numbers are right in the middle of the pack. Nothing to stand out with unless you really like her, or her design (post-diaper change).

When I see that chart, I suspect a lot of players will be pulling on Kazuha's rerun.

Agreed on Yae, I played her demo many times, but her playstyle just didn't do it for me. I already use Klee and Ningguang, so I'm not really interested in another slow catalyst user.

Fake

Gold Member
The opposite for me.
2Rce3.gif

I can't stand her stupid design but I like her kit.

Actually, I'm playing around with Yae and I like her kit too. Fire & forget.

Just me refusing healers. Dunno about Yae.

I joke on Xingu, but he fit my playerstyle more than anyone else.

She's the best AoE Hydro applicator in the game currently which also heals. Her kit's pretty good if you play taser/freeze comps.

I really don't like chars with heal in mind. Not my style. Either brute or mix like Sayu. IMO she should use sing/voice attacks to match with the mermaid design.

deanote666

Tinkered with my Yae to up her EM and CD. Think her elemental attack went up but regular attack went down.

49.9% CR, 242.1% CD, 157 EM, 1999 Atk.

2pc Wanderer's Troupe, 2pc atk 18%

Last edited:

Pejo

Tinkered with my Yae to up her EM and CD. Think her elemental attack went up but regular attack went down.

49.9% CR, 242.1% CD, 157 EM, 1999 Atk.

2pc Wanderer's Troupe, 2pc atk 18%
Keep in mind that EM is only good for reactions (and character specific buffs like Kaz).

Top Bottom