• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

This time they can't use the butt/dance from Eula, can they?
For Ayato?

genshin-impact-genshin.gif

Dregnel

yeah the most whales used their money for raiden, he will sell between yoimiya or itto.

i'm also watching rumors about yelan and she is suppose to be 5* xinq with her Q and she can sprint with her E?

YukiOnna

Speaking of, I'm surprised they let Shinobu show so much skin.
These are only estimates based on CN/historical data, but Ayato's banner is poised to be one of the lowest performing yet, if this many people blew their loads on Shogun. Considering the hype surrounding Yelan/Shinobu already, I'm guessing I'm not the only one in save mode.

9edt4bmgeaq81.png
I like how the only banner to come close to Ei is the rerun.

Pejo

So maybe I'm just stupid or slow on the uptake here, but After looking at both Sucrose and Yae, I'm wondering if Sucrose is at least part Kitsune. Supposedly in the lore, all Kitsune came from the Dandelion sea, and most moved on to Inazuma, but not all. It'd explain her ears at the very least. That also means she may be capable of shapeshifting as well as having a green spiritual tail or 8.

sucrose-character-portrait-genshin-impact-wiki-guide-200px.png

351481.png

*edit*

Patchly reminder - hopefully you didn't do your weekly quests/bounties/bosses yet for the new BP, and don't do today's dailies until after the patch drops.

Last edited:

Pejo

Looks like they're doing maintenance on Teapots after 2.6 is up, so you won't be able to build/place anything for a few hours past the maintenance. Everybody is getting 5k realm currency.

The only thing that they state is that they're modifying the placement function.

So either:
  • They're getting rid of the stupid "no overlapping other furniture" limitation OR
  • They're preventing players from using the current glitches to overlap furniture.

I really hope it's the first thing. I have always wanted to try making something cool, but I primarily play with a controller on PS5 so it's a hassle to try to do the overlap glitch.

SSfox

So maybe I'm just stupid or slow on the uptake here, but After looking at both Sucrose and Yae, I'm wondering if Sucrose is at least part Kitsune. Supposedly in the lore, all Kitsune came from the Dandelion sea, and most moved on to Inazuma, but not all. It'd explain her ears at the very least. That also means she may be capable of shapeshifting as well as having a green spiritual tail or 8.

sucrose-character-portrait-genshin-impact-wiki-guide-200px.png

351481.png

*edit*

Patchly reminder - hopefully you didn't do your weekly quests/bounties/bosses yet for the new BP, and don't do today's dailies until after the patch drops.
Yes, something i learned first week, also no Abyss, but for this time you can do it tho since new Abyss is gonna be just in 3 days.

Wait, we're getting 300 primos just for the teapot maintenance? If so, they should maintain it more often. I don't care much for it apart from the mora and exp I buy from there. I know some people really dig the serenitea pot though, I hope any changes to it will be positive.

Pejo

Wait, we're getting 300 primos just for the teapot maintenance? If so, they should maintain it more often. I don't care much for it apart from the mora and exp I buy from there. I know some people really dig the serenitea pot though, I hope any changes to it will be positive.
Either they're going to make it possible to place furniture overlapping each other (like people have been doing for months now with a glitch) or they're going to kill the glitch and everybody (that actually puts effort into the teapot) is going to be mad.

Either way, I'm gonna sit back and watch and collect my freemogems.
King Of The Hill Reaction GIF

Pejo

Good fucking lord that Ayato quest was fucking AWFUL. Just bla bla bla bla commission this bla bla bla Hiiragi Kujou Shenryu blablabla. For the first time since I started playing Genshin, I skipped all of the text/scenes starting about halfway in. What the hell were they thinking with that garbage? I only did it first since I plan on doing Chasm over the weekend and wanted to get it out of the way. I had no idea it was going to be the worst character quest we've ever gotten. I'd rather do Yoimiya's again, which I never thought I'd say.

Speaking of Ayato, I spent a little bit of time in the trial just to see what he could do. He seems really strong with those weak ass enemies and hyper energy recharge of the trial, but I'm not convinced he'd be good outside of that type of environment. The game loves those trials to have a bunch of mixed element weak enemies, but in the game world you never get that type of fight at all. I'd rather have seen how he fares against those robot boxes that go underground and have annoying moves, or a bunch of samurai that zip out of your AoE right as soon as you use it. It's interesting that you can just hold attack down to do his mirror image slashes while his elemental skill is active. His AoE isn't as impressive as C4+ Childe, but it's still pretty good. He doesn't have any big hits for vape either, so he'd probably pair best with a taser or freeze team with a VV user. Not being a negative nancy here, but he's a pass for me. Doesn't do anything new and my C6 Childe is better for a number of reasons.

That said, I was 10 starglitter short from being able to buy my Amber constellation in a few days, so I 10-rolled twice on his banner (first one only got me a book worth 2 starglitter), 2nd one had the orange glow (which would have been my 20th roll since I got Yae), totally unexpected, and ended up getting..... a Diluc constellation. Honestly, probably better that way. I'm all loaded up with guaranteed Yelan and I also got a Bennett and a Sucrose so I have the starglitter I needed.

Dregnel

WTF they fucked yae

now the totems are stupid and they keep attacking those enemies with shield and she can't do any damage.

it's now even covered in online news sites in japan

Last edited:

Pejo

WTF they fucked yae

now the totems are stupid and they keep attacking those enemies with shield and she can't do any damage.

it's now even covered in online news sites in japan

To me that's a big nothingburger. They announced weeks ago that this change was coming and that it wasn't working as intended.

That said, JP has actual laws to prevent them from nerfing gacha characters, so depending on if they can prove that random targeting was a bug or not could land them in hot water there. I'm sure they already considered this.

I think it's kinda nice you can target specific enemies now, but I will concede that her AoE use has been greatly nerfed with the update.

*edit*

Looks like Shinobu gets an elemental infused chain sword in her full art with effects:
smfdt4uq2iq81.jpg

Her supposed kit was leaked a few days ago too, has a HP loss mechanic like Hu Tao when she uses her elemental skill, and her heal is like Qiqi/Barbie in that it surrounds the player and applies element. A healer that loses HP. MHY just don't know how to make a new character without fucking something up, do they?

*double edit*

Here's Yelan's kit.
4j3au2yk8iq81.png

ufd87g6l8iq81.png

98bzteel8iq81.png

zd6aphkl8iq81.png

Last edited:

Dregnel

To me that's a big nothingburger. They announced weeks ago that this change was coming and that it wasn't working as intended.

That said, JP has actual laws to prevent them from nerfing gacha characters, so depending on if they can prove that random targeting was a bug or not could land them in hot water there. I'm sure they already considered this.

I think it's kinda nice you can target specific enemies now, but I will concede that her AoE use has been greatly nerfed with the update.

when you use a totem and you run away to attack another enemy the dude with the shield approaches you and the totems attack the monster with a shield, you are actually doing much less dps now, that is the problem i guess because the totems attack the closest enemy now and you have those asshole on you the whole time.
as we know the best way to kill them is to ignore them for a second until they attack to kill them very quickly without having to break their shields but the totems leave them paralyzed in shield mode all the time, in fact I can say that yae buffs enemies with shield.

the mods removed the thread.

Pejo

when you use a totem and you run away to attack another enemy the dude with the shield approaches you and the totems attack the monster with a shield, you are actually doing much less dps now, that is the problem i guess because the totems attack the closest enemy now and you have those asshole on you the whole time.
as we know the best way to kill them is to ignore them for a second until they attack to kill them very quickly without having to break their shields but the totems leave them paralyzed in shield mode all the time, in fact I can say that yae buffs enemies with shield.

the mods removed the thread.
Luckily her elemental skill has 3 charges and a really low cooldown. You just have to actively play her now and reposition the totems if you're getting cockblocked by shields. Or, switch to another character and knock the shielded enemies away or Overload them with a pyro character. I get why people are mildly upset, but that whole paragraph that guy wrote is really overreacting.

Shinobu in-game model (don't know why they cut out the thighs, c'mon leakers):

6io3wcivziq81.jpg

Maskless:
yNZVxJ1Q3co7HEZDd9VgEO3qLPzGBfi8kfgW9eMaXLw.jpg

Vertical pupils...Uh oh Watatsumi gang...does this mean....?

Last edited:

Dregnel

Luckily her elemental skill has 3 charges and a really low cooldown. You just have to actively play her now and reposition the totems if you're getting cockblocked by shields. Or, switch to another character and knock the shielded enemies away or Overload them with a pyro character. I get why people are mildly upset, but that whole paragraph that guy wrote is really overreacting.

Shinobu in-game model (don't know why they cut out the thighs, c'mon leakers):

6io3wcivziq81.jpg

Maskless:
yNZVxJ1Q3co7HEZDd9VgEO3qLPzGBfi8kfgW9eMaXLw.jpg

Vertical pupils...Uh oh Watatsumi gang...does this mean....?
she is electro healer if use her in co op to kill oceanid i could kill the people instead saving them with all that water around their feet, right? I enjoyed doing that with lisa, I hope they put that event again to kill oceanid.
she doesn't look like healer either, she looks an assasin i will use her how she is.
Child Smile GIF

Pejo

she is electro healer if use her in co op to kill oceanid i could kill the people instead saving them with all that water around their feet, right? I enjoyed doing that with lisa, I hope they put that event again to kill oceanid.
she doesn't look like healer either, she looks an assasin i will use her how she is.
Child Smile GIF
Better get ready to kill balloons then. Her ascension mats are those fucking specter enemy drops.

Fake

Gold Member
IMO one of her arms would be better naked, maybe her left arm because there is no armor shoulders there.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I get blocked when I go into sub vs dub war so I'll keep my weeb mouth shut. I agree with Fuz

Is the Inazuma Festival the first event? or later in the patch?

Dregnel

if you use the totems on a plataform it works like before, it's totally broken now, these mechanics are very advanced for this developer team, i mean not even the developers of honkai impact know how to make a lock on button.
the camera has been bugged since launch in this game too.

Last edited:

Pejo

They really need to disable the auto lock...
Manual lock would bump up Yoimiya about 4 tiers. I always hope they add the option someday. I think Mobile is likely what's holding them back since it'd be hard to implement without making the button overlays take up too much screen real estate.

Regarding the dub, there's a certain bit of irony people shit talking the EN dub while playing the JP dub in a CN game. Do I think the EN is great? not always, but it's perfectly viable and in action games I prefer to understand the misc chatter and un-subtitled audio rather than have the better acting and usually better cast voices of JP. CN I unfortunately don't like the heavy S-es and hard choppy flow of the language. I've tried all 3 and I prefer the casting for JP, but the EN doesn't really have awful stuff other than like Xinyan and the male characters that are voiced by women.

Fake

Gold Member
Manual lock would bump up Yoimiya about 4 tiers. I always hope they add the option someday. I think Mobile is likely what's holding them back since it'd be hard to implement without making the button overlays take up too much screen real estate.

Regarding the dub, there's a certain bit of irony people shit talking the EN dub while playing the JP dub in a CN game. Do I think the EN is great? not always, but it's perfectly viable and in action games I prefer to understand the misc chatter and un-subtitled audio rather than have the better acting and usually better cast voices of JP. CN I unfortunately don't like the heavy S-es and hard choppy flow of the language. I've tried all 3 and I prefer the casting for JP, but the EN doesn't really have awful stuff other than like Xinyan and the male characters that are voiced by women.

Thats why chars like the anemo traveler are the least playable.

Automatic lock mess with very bad, mostly in the abyss. In the other hand don't affect chars like Xiao, Dilluc.

Is super unfair with most of the chars in the game.

Dregnel

Thats why chars like the anemo traveler are the least playable.

Automatic lock mess with very bad, mostly in the abyss. In the other hand don't affect chars like Xiao, Dilluc.

Is super unfair with most of the chars in the game.
when you use venti's ultimate that thing goes where it wants.

Pejo

So, what's the verdict on Ayato boy?

Have been away from the game but have enough for a couple of rotations.
Seems like a decent option for taser and freeze teams. Try him out in the trial. Doesn't really do anything new or have a niche that didn't exist somewhere else before. We won't know about his high end until youtubers have a chance to whale and build him. They couldn't pre-farm his artifacts before the patch, so that's likely what the holdup is.

Pejo

Whew - did somebody order a Bow of Homa? This thing is going to be widely rolled for, especially for off-field bow supports which there are several. In earlier leaks it says the damage scales with how many opponents are near, so the lowest the damage increase can be is 20%, but maxes out at like 80? Not sure if that was wrong or this just omits it.

v32aav0jejq81.png

Pejo

So I had some time tonight and decided to unlock Chasm and just piss around a little. 6 hours later and I'm only about 1/3 of the way done with it, but I'm sincerely impressed. For as bad as Ayato's story quest was, Chasm and the new story quest was like 9.9 out of 10. Finally getting some real story lore and progression feels so good. None of what they revealed was exactly a shocker, but it's still good to see generally accepted theories by fans confirmed as canon. Also, holy shit the traveler actually spoke in a cutscene.

Chasm might be my favorite area yet, I just wish it was a little more dangerous. The layout is great, the puzzles are new, the atmosphere is fantastic. Music is great but it seems like there's a bug that it's not playing as much as it should be. At one point, I blew up a wall by shooting those exploding Geo barrels and it opened up into a beautiful sunlit room with water and green plants and a pleasant soundtrack. Really felt like you found a secret area, even though it was ultimately just a fancy dressing for an elemental totem puzzle. I got some kind of key item seed inside, can't wait to see what that's eventually for.

I also love how the
base camp inside slowly gets populated with NPCs that each have their own purpose on the team and quests. It feels like a Souls game's hub. I only wish it had a statue of the 7 or some other healing mechanic in there, then it'd be perfect.

Anyways, I continue to be impressed with new world quests and exploration areas. They're only getting better at designing them in my opinion. Can't wait to see what else is in store for Chasm.

Yelan vids are up on youtube. They seem to get deleted quickly, so if this one doesn't work anymore you'll have to look it up yourself.

Basic attacks look really cool. Even the charged attack seems unique. Must be that AoE I read about. It doesn't sound like that's really a big part of her kit though.
The ability is kinda lame. She just kinda runs forward in a ghost-like(?) state with her bracelet leaving a trail. I was hoping she'd throw a pike into the ground with a magical wire attached to it or something. The burst has a pretty animation but is ultimately pretty basic. Just some floating shapes that fire hydro damage.

It's a bit disappointing in my opinion. They come up with this cool design and animations, but ultimately she feels like a very expensive replacement for Xinqiu. She'll probably be pretty powerful and useful, but also just an off-field hydro applier. She doesn't look interesting to play. Kinda par for the course with Genshin, but I keep hoping they'll break away from that someday.

I haven't found Shinobu videos yet.

Dregnel

her animations are cool she even kick the bow and the E is unique compared to the rest of bow users, i need to see more videos she is suppose to chain that ring around the monsters.
also she doesn't have ER constellations and her ulti cost 70
if she is an expensive xinqiu...that is exactly what i am looking for, i can't have this trap another day in my team.

Top Bottom