• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fake

Gold Member
It's a bit disappointing in my opinion. They come up with this cool design and animations, but ultimately she feels like a very expensive replacement for Xinqiu. She'll probably be pretty powerful and useful, but also just an off-field hydro applier. She doesn't look interesting to play. Kinda par for the course with Genshin, but I keep hoping they'll break away from that someday.

Wait, she heal?

Xinqiu almost a full support, is this her route?

Fake

Gold Member
Do people use Xinqiu for his heal? I thought it was more for his off-field hydro. I don't use him.

Yelan doesn't heal as far as I know.

I do. He is not a proper healer mind you, but if you combine the sword heal + the sword dmg reduction pretty much transform him into a decent heal, not the best.

Of course he is propably the worst healer in the game, but still you can't get a mix of defensive/offensive char around.

Again, my playstyle. I don't particulary like 'full healers', aka Barbara. I find them most of the time boring. I prefer to stay with mix of healer damage like Xinqiu or Sayu.

As much as there are other healers in the game, I can't find a best duo for Xiao using his burst.

Last edited:

Pejo

Yelan vids are up on youtube. They seem to get deleted quickly, so if this one doesn't work anymore you'll have to look it up yourself.

Basic attacks look really cool. Even the charged attack seems unique. Must be that AoE I read about. It doesn't sound like that's really a big part of her kit though.
The ability is kinda lame. She just kinda runs forward in a ghost-like(?) state with her bracelet leaving a trail. I was hoping she'd throw a pike into the ground with a magical wire attached to it or something. The burst has a pretty animation but is ultimately pretty basic. Just some floating shapes that fire hydro damage.

It's a bit disappointing in my opinion. They come up with this cool design and animations, but ultimately she feels like a very expensive replacement for Xinqiu. She'll probably be pretty powerful and useful, but also just an off-field hydro applier. She doesn't look interesting to play. Kinda par for the course with Genshin, but I keep hoping they'll break away from that someday.

I haven't found Shinobu videos yet.

She looks great! The dash move, when done near/towards an enemy, will "mark" an enemy with some debuff and then they explode with Hydro damage. Like full on anime "nothing personnel kid" stuff. That kit looks both fun to play and it actually looks cool too. I'm sold. The burst also looks to work just like waterboi's water swords, so great for applying Hydro. High cost burst kinda sucks, but that seems to be par for the course for all new characters. We will likely never see another 40 energy burst ever again.

Pejo

Played just a bit of the Chasm.

Making me hate even more the FUCKING STUPID Y sensitivity.
You can change the camera sensitivity in settings, varies from 1-5.

R Reizo Ryuu

New valks look good. Both ranged. S rank Bio Lightning for Aponia, SP farmable Imaginary Lightning for Eden.
O71jMNg.gif
E3HrDAT.gif
ezGOGIU.gif

sYzkifL.gif
wIKukAp.gif
EelZHPt.gif

R Reizo Ryuu

New valks look good. Both ranged. S rank Bio Lightning for Aponia, SP farmable Imaginary Lightning for Eden.
O71jMNg.gif
E3HrDAT.gif
ezGOGIU.gif

sYzkifL.gif
wIKukAp.gif
EelZHPt.gif
I was afraid of eden being SP, but then again carole is SP and she puts out silly damage numbers.
Had no doubt Aponia was going to be s rank, but is she going to be war treasury like Elysia, or just straight up expansion supply?

Pejo

I was afraid of eden being SP, but then again carole is SP and she puts out silly damage numbers.
Had no doubt Aponia was going to be s rank, but is she going to be war treasury like Elysia, or just straight up expansion supply?
Expansion supply. Nothing to indicate anything free with her at all. Eden we're getting that guaranteed 50 equipment banner, and a free stig selector. We're also getting that G4 craftable lightning stig in 5.7, upgrades from Goemon.

Pejo

Ivy and Taki fused together.

She looks fun.

God damn, both 2.7 girls look great. I'm a little upset that they're going to be on split banners supposedly. I guess the 2nd half of 2.7 is rumored to be another Xiao rerun. I don't want to roll for him
Family Time Reaction GIF by Lifetime

SSfox

God damn, both 2.7 girls look great. I'm a little upset that they're going to be on split banners supposedly. I guess the 2nd half of 2.7 is rumored to be another Xiao rerun. I don't want to roll for him
Family Time Reaction GIF by Lifetime
Seems to me like Yelan, Xiao phase 1, then Yoimiya Itto in phase 2.

But i would be more happy if Xiao will be in phase 2, i rather get gourous and Shinobus in X banner.

... Why? They think people'll pull for him now that he has an artifact set or something? Are they giving him a new 5 star weapon? I'm so confused.

SSfox

I actually forgot that Xiao just got new artifact, it would actually make more sens to for him to rerun, even if too early obviousely.

I'll try to get him if he will be with Gorou and Shinobu, specially since i also have his BiS.

Fuz

Banned
Yelan whole kit seems cool. Buuuuuuuuuut

The stealth skill would suit better a sword user. Feels out of place on a bow character. Her burst, whatever.

Cookie Shinobu, I'm still not sure about her design. Not sure I like the mask always on and I hate green haired characters in general - they're just... ugh. Literally any other color would have been better. The whip could have been cool but the animations don't make full use of it, although I like the shuriken throwing.

Last edited:

Pejo

... Why? They think people'll pull for him now that he has an artifact set or something? Are they giving him a new 5 star weapon? I'm so confused.
Well the devs mentioned around the anniversary that reruns won't be based on schedule anymore, but related more to who's featured in the events of the patch. So I guess Xiao gets some story beats in 2.7.

Based on what I've heard in the game so far with Chasm lore, he's probably related to the as of yet un-named Yaksha that went into the Chasm to fight the darkness and never made it back out.

God damn I love it so much. Blaster Master Zero time baybee

Last edited:
Well the devs mentioned around the anniversary that reruns won't be based on schedule anymore, but related more to who's featured in the events of the patch. So I guess Xiao gets some story beats in 2.7.
Oh fuck off with that man. I already forgot about that because it didn't make any sense. Guess that means we're in for endless Liyue reruns because they just can't help themselves from sucking their own dick constantly, leaving players with absolutely no way to anticipate or plan for other characters. They just can't do anything right, can they?

Dregnel

hope chinese player review bomb if yelan and kuki are not in same banner.
also korean players with the trucks.

Last edited:

Pejo

hope chinese player review bomb if yelan and kuki are not in same banner.
also korean players with the trucks.
Korean trucks are too powerful for Genshin.

So it looks like they hid a bunch of spincrystals randomly throughout the world in addition to the ones you can buy in the teapot:
jbvk4vmxioq81.png

Reactions: Fuz

Fake

Gold Member
I actually forgot that Xiao just got new artifact, it would actually make more sens to for him to rerun, even if too early obviousely.

I'll try to get him if he will be with Gorou and Shinobu, specially since i also have his BiS.

I must missed that. What artifact?

I must missed that. What artifact?
Vermillion Hereafter

2-Piece: ATK +18%

4-Piece: After using an Elemental Burst, this character will gain the Nascent Light effect, increasing their ATK by 8% for 16 seconds. When the character's HP decreases, their attack will further increase by 10%. This increase can occur this way a maximum of four times. This effect can be triggered once every 0.8 seconds. Nascent Light will be dispelled when the character leaves the field. If an Elemental Burst is used again during the duration of Nascent Light, the original Nascent Light will be dispelled.

It's found in the Chasm in the new domain, along with Ayato's set. From what I've seen it's not a huge upgrade for Xiao. Might not be worth spending your resin if your current set is decent already.

Fake

Gold Member
Vermillion Hereafter

2-Piece: ATK +18%

4-Piece: After using an Elemental Burst, this character will gain the Nascent Light effect, increasing their ATK by 8% for 16 seconds. When the character's HP decreases, their attack will further increase by 10%. This increase can occur this way a maximum of four times. This effect can be triggered once every 0.8 seconds. Nascent Light will be dispelled when the character leaves the field. If an Elemental Burst is used again during the duration of Nascent Light, the original Nascent Light will be dispelled.

It's found in the Chasm in the new domain, along with Ayato's set. From what I've seen it's not a huge upgrade for Xiao. Might not be worth spending your resin if your current set is decent already.

Looks pretty OP for Xiao.

SSfox

Game telling me to pull Shinobu, just got it from Abyss rewards

PS: it's actually nice that it seems we're getting new art rewards outside of Glad and Vagabond sets from Abyss rewards.

GB9kWWd.jpg

Fuz

Banned
Korean trucks are too powerful for Genshin.

So it looks like they hid a bunch of spincrystals randomly throughout the world in addition to the ones you can buy in the teapot:
jbvk4vmxioq81.png
Uuuh... no achievement for finding them all?
scratch.gif

Fake

Gold Member
these new sets do not convince me but looks good enough for xiao.

Guess thats my problem with unique sets.
I can see the difference, but they're not big enough to justifice farming and RNG all over again.

Would be fine in the game launch, but right now in the late game they're not so worthy.

Last edited:
Pejo Pejo

Next update looking pretty good with all the elysian realm stuff, also mihoyo know what they're doing by first making aponia look like the welkin lady, and now she's calling mei "traveler" lol.

Pejo

First trial of my Amber buffbot. Very far from optimized, just wanted to try it out. Her damage sucks at the moment since her artifacts are all +0 and her skills are unleveled, but it's not really necessary for her role right now.

Two cons for my Amber. Damn... you're lucky.
Yea I got lucky on the standard banner free wishes a while ago, otherwise I've just been faithfully buying them from the shop when available.

Pejo Pejo

Next update looking pretty good with all the elysian realm stuff, also mihoyo know what they're doing by first making aponia look like the welkin lady, and now she's calling mei "traveler" lol.

I was planning on going in on Felis' gear, but with 5.7 only a month and a half away, I feel like I should be saving. I really do like Felis though, she looks fun.

crumbs

Her damage sucks at the moment since her artifacts are all +0 and her skills are unleveled, but it's not really necessary for her role right now.

I'm a little disappointed, I figured you would have already triple-crowned your Amber in anticipation of getting her to C6 :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Pejo

I'm a little disappointed, I figured you would have already triple-crowned your Amber in anticipation of getting her to C6 :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Well I was going to but then Elden Ring happened, so....

Still, my Tart's burst only hits for about 58k solo with no buffs, so it's a pretty huge improvement.

Pejo

Those goddamn cheap shits. I did that new 6 part quest in the Chasm (topside) and what do I get for like an hour of my time and running around trying to figure out where to climb those hills? A 4* artifact set. They wouldn't even give us a god damn 5* set for a 6 part quest that was supposed to be "legendary equipment". Holy shit that is so fucking cheap. I'm actually a little assblasted about it because of the audacity. The fuck is wrong with them?

• LOL
Reactions: Fuz
Top Bottom