• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

deanote666

XqxWLdu.jpg
vGzCEm8.jpg

Fuz

Banned
I wish he was still among us, I need some meta obsessed to tell me if I should pull for Ayato.

Mmmm... he probably would have told me no (just because he's male) and to save and wait for cocogoat return. Actually, you know what? He was useless.

Good riddance, Blackmist. 🖕
:messenger_heart:

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I hope he's doing well wherever he ended up with his Cocogoat, and I hope he has taken it well that Zhongli still hasn't fallen out of the meta.

*edit*

I'm severely disappointed in JP server. Venti rerun/Ayato just became the #1 banner there.
ezh2mw6jybr81.png
Sad. That explains the Venti genderbent art I didn't want on my timeline. Should have seen it coming.

I guess the Japanese really like those pretty boys. I don't think Ayato is strong enough to warrant those sales.

If Sumeru comes out in august, that's more than a year since Inazuma. I thought they planned to keep this game going for 5 years, right? They're not putting out regions fast enough for that to happen. I hope those leaks are true though. Gives me some time to save up for the next archon. I just wanna know when Yoimiya's coming back.

Pejo

I guess the Japanese really like those pretty boys. I don't think Ayato is strong enough to warrant those sales.

If Sumeru comes out in august, that's more than a year since Inazuma. I thought they planned to keep this game going for 5 years, right? They're not putting out regions fast enough for that to happen. I hope those leaks are true though. Gives me some time to save up for the next archon. I just wanna know when Yoimiya's coming back.
Well I'll be, another gentleman has come around on Yoimiya. I'll be honest, she's my go-to dps for every weekly boss except Signora. Her single target DPS is just insane and fast to make the most of out of limited damage windows. At first I was really down on her kit, but after building her properly, she's probably tied for best boss killer along with whaled Hu Tao or whaled Eula. Just don't bank on always hitting the right target if there are more than 1.

YukiOnna

No they said they changed to 10 year plan like... almost less than a year in.
Personally, I'm content with spending 1 year in each region cause the Archon Story sure as hell won't give enough depth.

Last edited:

Dregnel

I hope he's doing well wherever he ended up with his Cocogoat, and I hope he has taken it well that Zhongli still hasn't fallen out of the meta.

*edit*

I'm severely disappointed in JP server. Venti rerun/Ayato just became the #1 banner there.
ezh2mw6jybr81.png
anEB2Xo.png

why is he selling that much? wtf

Well I'll be, another gentleman has come around on Yoimiya. I'll be honest, she's my go-to dps for every weekly boss except Signora. Her single target DPS is just insane and fast to make the most of out of limited damage windows. At first I was really down on her kit, but after building her properly, she's probably tied for best boss killer along with whaled Hu Tao or whaled Eula. Just don't bank on always hitting the right target if there are more than 1.
I was always interested in her, but kept making excuses to myself because I was saving for Ganyu for such a long time. I can justify spending my primos a bit more freely now. I was able to try her in a few events and thought she was pretty fun to play. Also seems great for when I whip out my phone.

What are you running her with? I have an R4 Rust ready for her and I hope she pairs well with Yelan (and that I'm able to obtain both...). Not much talk about Yoimiya in terms of team comps and builds out there.

No they said they changed to 10 year plan like... almost less than a year in.
Personally, I'm content with spending 1 year in each region cause the Archon Story sure as hell won't give enough depth.
I guess I missed that. No wonder they're stretching things out then. I guess that's fine. We've gotten plenty of places to explore since the introduction of Inazuma and storywise there's still a lot to explore in the existing regions. I just wish they'd overhaul some of the systems and mechanics in the game. Older characters desperately need a buff too.

BJK

Venti is a trap from both design and base PS4 frame rate.

I honestly don’t know how people move around for exploration without switching to Venti + Zhongli. Pillar / airstream combo makes getting collectibles so much easier.

Spent most of the day completing the new story quests in the Chasm, and then a few side quest. There’s a ton of chests in the Chasm; between chests, draws from leveling up your crystal thingy, and achievements, I picked up nearly 30 draws of currencies….and the achievement still says I have 40-50 chests yet to find!

Not touching Ayato banner; I already have Childe C1 when I want hydro damage. Content to save for awhile. May make a few draws on a Yoimiya rerun, if the 4* characters are decent. (Focused on the Archons, so I had to skip her for Raiden Shogun.)

Annoyed to see that Jean, Diluc, Eula & Noelle all use the same talent material. Having triple-crowned Jean, I have been working on C6 Noelle, but mine seems lackluster, even with her talents around 8. Even crafted the Defense claymore for her. Bought Diluc a blackcliff claymore before the store reset, since I haven’t hit on 5* claymores yet; he does much better damage, even with 5/5/5 talents.

Pejo

I honestly don’t know how people move around for exploration without switching to Venti + Zhongli. Pillar / airstream combo makes getting collectibles so much easier.
Kazuha is better than both of them for just general getting around. You can use his double jump multiple times in a glide, you can use it right after dropping off of a wall to propel yourself up with no stamina cost, etc. He's a HUGE QoL for traversal and looting (by succing up all of the loot from chests/enemy groups etc). He was one of my most underrated characters at time of release and I'm glad I pulled for him before the banner left.
Annoyed to see that Jean, Diluc, Eula & Noelle all use the same talent material. Having triple-crowned Jean, I have been working on C6 Noelle, but mine seems lackluster, even with her talents around 8. Even crafted the Defense claymore for her. Bought Diluc a blackcliff claymore before the store reset, since I haven’t hit on 5* claymores yet; he does much better damage, even with 5/5/5 talents.
Noelle isn't going to be a major damage character unless you strongly min/max her artifacts and R5 her weapon. Her strength comes from being damn near immortal with her shield and healing ability, on top of doing decent damage. Kind of what they were aiming for with Kokomi. Her DEF only figures in to her damage formula when she's using her elemental burst. All other times, if you want to see better numbers, invest in some ATK stats too.

In other news, got my 100% chasm tonight.
F4Y7Hr1.jpg

Great zone, but I think I still liked the ambiance/music of Enkanomiya better, and I liked the lore from Tsurumi Island better by just a hair. We got some major lore drops this time for the main story, which is nice, but the supporting/local to Chasm stories haven't been as interesting (yet). Still hoping we get more info on the Yaksha, maybe it's Yelan? Another thing that I think Chasm does better than any previous zone is having the world quests come to you organically. I didn't have to randomly find a blue "!" hanging out in some random ass place in the map, I was led from one quest to another, and some of the quests started in surprising ways, like the friendly Fatui quest and the lone friendly Electro Cicin Mage. The latter seems to be one of those ongoing time-gated daily quests. I'm glad that the Chasm tool gets an ability to work as a compass for missing Lumenspar, it makes cleanup at the end really easy.

My biggest complaint so far with Chasm is that the "boss" of this patch that you fight at the end of the main world quest comes out of nowhere, has seemingly nothing to do with anything, and is just a rehash of a material boss. They could have at least made it bigger or glow or a palette swap or something. The end of that huge quest felt kinda anticlimactic. It didn't even have voice lines or much of an intro or anything other than a short cutscene. Leaks already verified that we get more Chasm in 2.7 though, so maybe it'll expand from there or we'll get a real boss at the end of that patch for Chasm.

Fake

Gold Member
Normally 5 star anemo are good for exploration.

My brother and Pejo use Kazuha, while I use Xiao. Venti is a OP char as well, but remind me people using him just for trolling PS4 users.
Imagine when the suposte Nintendo Switch version arrive. Venti will be probably a banned char.

Last edited:

Dregnel

you can use the geo traveler+ bennet, qeqing + travaler.
Imagine when the suposte Nintendo Switch version arrive. Venti will be probably a banned char.
there will never be a switch version.
nintendo fans were criticizing the game a lot and a Chinese broke his ps4 in an event, it was a shit show, when the developers were talking about their game at the events there were always a lot of people raising their switch and shouting things and they were tired, that's why they announced that version but it was to calm the fans, there will never be a switch version.

Fake

Gold Member
nintendo fans were criticizing the game a lot and a Chinese broke his ps4 in an event, it was a shit show, when the developers were talking about their game at the events there were always a lot of people raising their switch and shouting things and they were tired, that's why they announced that version but it was to calm the fans, there will never be a switch version.

I imagine that too.

Anw, where is the Xingu free? Already gone or still yet to come?

I don't think they'd announce a Switch version and have it featured in a Nintendo Direct and everything just to calm down fans. More likely they can't get the game to run on the Switch so they gave up. We might still get a cloud version, that seems doable.

Anw, where is the Xingu free? Already gone or still yet to come?
He's part of the rewards from the festival that'll happen later this patch.

Dregnel

I don't think they'd announce a Switch version and have it featured in a Nintendo Direct and everything just to calm down fans. More likely they can't get the game to run on the Switch so they gave up. We might still get a cloud version, that seems doable.

not even the ps4 pro version looks like this.

not even the ps4 pro version looks like this.

Of course that wasn't an actual Switch version. But they were promoting the game to the Switch's audience through a Direct. You can't do that if you have no intention of releasing the game on the platform at all.

Pejo

The only way I could see a Switch version is if they did the "cloud streaming" stuff. It just doesn't have the horsepower for Genshin on Unity. Nintendo probably is being cautious/doesn't know how to handle gacha games on their shitty store too.

*edit*

Yelan's bow:
x17p5wfgfhr81.jpg

Last edited:

Dregnel

The only way I could see a Switch version is if they did the "cloud streaming" stuff. It just doesn't have the horsepower for Genshin on Unity. Nintendo probably is being cautious/doesn't know how to handle gacha games on their shitty store too.

*edit*

Yelan's bow:
x17p5wfgfhr81.jpg
looks good but i can't afford to have it, i'm f2p... 320 pulls to guarantee a weapon is too much, that is around 6 month farming.

looks good but i can't afford to have it, i'm f2p... 320 pulls to guarantee a weapon is too much, that is around 6 month farming.
I'm pretty sure hard pity on the weapon banner is 80. That's 240 wishes max in the worst possible case. Still not worth it IMO but a bit cheaper.

With the lack of powercreep up till now, there might come a time in the future where investing in cons and weapons could be viable for F2P.

Dregnel

I'm pretty sure hard pity on the weapon banner is 80. That's 240 wishes max in the worst possible case. Still not worth it IMO but a bit cheaper.

With the lack of powercreep up till now, there might come a time in the future where investing in cons and weapons could be viable for F2P.
it says after three failures the next is the guaranteed weapon.
if your pity is 0 it must be 80(+1point)+80(+1point)+80(+1point) and the next weapon after that so +80 again = 320
and if you don't have enough for that 320 and you have 3 points and the banner ends you will lose every single point.

Last edited:
it says after three failures the next is the guaranteed weapon.
if your pity is 0 it must be 80(+1point)+80(+1point)+80(+1point) and the next weapon after that so +80 again = 320
and if you don't have enough for that 320 and you have 3 points and the banner ends you will lose every single point.
No, you need two failures for the epitomized path to activate. The third 5 star is guaranteed.

Dregnel

No, you need two failures for the epitomized path to activate. The third 5 star is guaranteed.
oh, that is better but still alot, you can get 3 characters with that.
that weapon is R5 but I don't know how the damage formula works either, i think it's different from the specific damage of normal and charged attacks.
unless they are doing a disgusting power creep to the weapons that is also another reason to not pull for them.

Pejo

oh, that is better but still alot, you can get 3 characters with that.
that weapon is R5 but I don't know how the damage formula works either, i think it's different from the specific damage of normal and charged attacks.
unless they are doing a disgusting power creep to the weapons that is also another reason to not pull for them.
It's good for its 88% CDMG, which is applicable on level 90 R1. The other blue stats are cut in half for R1, so it'd be half of the totals that a R5 has (16% and 20% respectively). It gels especially well with Yelan due to her HP scaling and her off-field dps (similar to Xingqiu). 88% CDMG from any single source is god tier though. It's not quite as good as Homa was due to not giving additional damage based off of max HP, but it's still a damn fine stat stick. The only downside is a relatively low max ATK for a 5* weapon coming in at only 542.

Pejo

Her model and animations look so good, but her attacks and damage is meh. The big thing is the Electro application and the heals. She's going to fit in quite a few teams just with that. I wish somebody would clarify her elemental burst that says "cleanses the area". I want to know if it's just exorcist flavor text or if it actually has a party cleanse ability. Either way it doesn't matter too much, but the ability to cleanse is always welcomed.

Dregnel

Her model and animations look so good, but her attacks and damage is meh. The big thing is the Electro application and the heals. She's going to fit in quite a few teams just with that. I wish somebody would clarify her elemental burst that says "cleanses the area". I want to know if it's just exorcist flavor text or if it actually has a party cleanse ability. Either way it doesn't matter too much, but the ability to cleanse is always welcomed.
yeah but she is suppose to do damage based on certain constellations and if she is under certain % of hp like hutao this person is not trying to show the damage just the animations.

YukiOnna

I guess I missed that. No wonder they're stretching things out then. I guess that's fine. We've gotten plenty of places to explore since the introduction of Inazuma and storywise there's still a lot to explore in the existing regions. I just wish they'd overhaul some of the systems and mechanics in the game. Older characters desperately need a buff too.
Character Balancing and QoL stuff really is the last piece they are missing, yeah. Really wish they'd do it.

deanote666

In other news, got my 100% chasm tonight.

My biggest complaint so far with Chasm is that the "boss" of this patch that you fight at the end of the main world quest comes out of nowhere, has seemingly nothing to do with anything, and is just a rehash of a material boss. They could have at least made it bigger or glow or a palette swap or something. The end of that huge quest felt kinda anticlimactic. It didn't even have voice lines or much of an intro or anything other than a short cutscene. Leaks already verified that we get more Chasm in 2.7 though, so maybe it'll expand from there or we'll get a real boss at the end of that patch for Chasm.
Just hit 100% myself both on the surface and underground.

Used my Chasm primos and got Keqing to C4 (yay?). Got Child C2 so do I need Ayato? Got Eula, Goat, and Shenha so do I really need Ayaka?

There might be ties between Khaenri'ah and those pillars and Khaenri'ah is known for making mechs. Plus there was the warning that the mech was guarding the pillar or to stop those that tried to activate it if it's goal is to stop it from being activated (if the latter, it's a bad guard waiting until it's activated). But if the pillars have a Celestia connection, Khaenri'ah mechs would go after those that would want to activate it since Celestia is their enemy. There's also the Khaenri'ah connection made with the Dainsleif story continuation.

Last edited:

Pejo

Just hit 100% myself both on the surface and underground.

Used my Chasm primos and got Keqing to C4 (yay?). Got Child C2 so do I need Ayato? Got Eula, Goat, and Shenha so do I really need Ayaka?
Nope to both. Leakers are starting to hint that Hydro characters are getting a big buff with Dendro, but nothing is concrete yet, so I wouldn't roll on a chance of a chance.
There might be ties between Khaenri'ah and those pillars and Khaenri'ah is known for making mechs. Plus there was the warning that the mech was guarding the pillar or to stop those that tried to activate it if it's goal is to stop it from being activated (if the latter, it's a bad guard waiting until it's activated). But if the pillars have a Celestia connection, Khaenri'ah mechs would go after those that would want to activate it since Celestia is their enemy. There's also the Khaenri'ah connection made with the Dainsleif story continuation.
So I did some reading on a few Genshin lore sites that I visit, and it seems that the pillar is actually a "nail" from Celestia. The other one that we saw so far was in Dragonspine, and it basically causes the naturally occurring elements (GEO in this case) to go into hyperdrive. The husks and hilichurls were Khaenri'ah's forces sent once the upside down city was found to scout out the area for something that we aren't privy to yet, as it was stated the upside city was more ancient than Khaenri'ah. The abyss was ultimately there for similar reasons, and that the upside down fountain possibly had the ability to break the Khaenri'ah curse. It's also looking like the "flat Teyvat theory" is correct, and at some point when Celestia arrived (as they are alien), they "flipped" the world somehow. Maybe with the use of the nails themselves. The mech snakes were from Khaenri'ah and were sent to gather elemental ore/energy etc, and they seem to still be doing so long after they had a reason to, similar to the tillers. So in a way it makes sense that it was there, but doesn't explain why it attacks when you damage the "nail", unless it's just a byproduct of fluctuations in GEO energy that sends it into a frenzy.

At least that seems to be the generally accepted theory for now. So in a way it makes sense I guess.

deanote666

Having a hard time trying to find those blue stones.
Which ones are you having trouble with?

There's one where you need to go through an opening on the surface to get to.

There's one where you need to walk across a rope going across the ceiling but you can have a bow user in aim mode to walk on that.

Higher level stone acts like an occulus compass and gives you the approximate location of the remaining ones.

2 in the purple area are story locked by the Dainsleif quest.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Which ones are you having trouble with?

There's one where you need to go through an opening on the surface to get to.

There's one where you need to walk across a rope going across the ceiling but you can have a bow user in aim mode to walk on that.

Higher level stone acts like an occulus compass and gives you the approximate location of the remaining ones.

2 in the purple area are story locked by the Dainsleif quest.

Those you need to trade for wish and prototype box.
There are too little remaing, so I kinda expected this.
Two blue stones are locked in a gate near where the treasure hunter was inprision and joined the mine team.

Pejo

Those you need to trade for wish and prototype box.
There are too little remaing, so I kinda expected this.
Two blue stones are locked in a gate near where the treasure hunter was inprision and joined the mine team.
It's just one in there, but the compass will show a blue circle even if you see it on your map. You have to get 2 pieces of map fragments to show you where to go (outside) to get into that from the other side.

If you just want the answer, i just found this: https://gamewith.net/genshin-impact/article/show/33014

Last edited:

deanote666

The entrance is the small triangle on the southern part of the above ground map. You need pyro to burn the hay off of it.

Sounds like you're level 9 so it should have the compass effect on the entire underground map.

There was one south of the locked gate but that one is just free floating by the outer wall I think.

Fake

Gold Member
It's just one in there, but the compass will show a blue circle even if you see it on your map. You have to get 2 pieces of map fragments to show you where to go (outside) to get into that from the other side.

If you just want the answer, i just found this: https://gamewith.net/genshin-impact/article/show/33014

Yeah. I give up trying to find by myself.

Finally got the prototype box and max out the Inazuma bow for Amber.

Nice Mona picture btw, if I can't get Yelan at least they can give me Mona with blue wishes.

Pejo

The Yae targeting change has been rolled back officially as of this morning. Too bad they didn't fix her slow as shit attack animations while they were at it.

*edit*

Yeesh, C2 Yelan is a huge upgrade over her C0 self.

Last edited:
Top Bottom