• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Dregnel

It's good short term damage, but if you read it it only lasts for 6 arrows. $1000+ dollars for that suddenly sounds less good.
apparently she is worse than xinqiu c6 if she is c0.. based on what the beta tester are talking, she is slower than xinqiu which makes fast applicators like hu tao do worse vaporizing.
Sad.

Pejo

apparently she is worse than xinqiu c6 if she is c0.. based on what the beta tester are talking, she is slower than xinqiu which makes fast applicators like hu tao do worse vaporizing.
Sad.

Hopefully it gets addressed, but either way I'll never ever use/level waterboi, so she finally allows me to play that gameplay style, so I'm excited. But yea, a limited 5* shouldn't be worse than a launch 4*, that's for sure.

Pejo Pejo

Finally got around finishing APHO2 ch2, they really are going all in on this free mode, I thought the boss fight was really well done with all the separate stages and then the white heat and team attack upgrades; ch3 should have theresa added, kinda hope they managed to fix her body so she aged a bit

Pejo

Pejo Pejo

Finally got around finishing APHO2 ch2, they really are going all in on this free mode, I thought the boss fight was really well done with all the separate stages and then the white heat and team attack upgrades; ch3 should have theresa added, kinda hope they managed to fix her body so she aged a bit
Yea, it's a shame that there's juuuuuuust that last bit of jank for them to work out, mostly with the movement between boss segments etc. That could have been a console AA experience if not for what remains of mobile-tier jank. Definitely unexpected and impressive though. The stage graphics got a significant upgrade with APHO2, I'm really digging it. My best team when all was said and done was Adam/Bronya/Mei. I really like Timido as a character but her moveset just didn't work for me, and Carol broke up the fast pace of the other characters, despite me liking her a lot in APHO (but not in regular modes). Mei's new sword warp is amazingly overpowered. I finally forced myself through the rest of Arahato last night, that was by FAR my least favorite minigame we've had yet. It'd have been fine without the EX challenges existing, there was just too much to grind out if you wanted the emblem. Hyped for Felis. I stll have my Dawei Black Card, might get her weapon with that and save all of my gems for 5.7. Ideally I'd love to get rid of HoR, her playstyle never gelled with me, so I can feed Felis the Ana stigs I farmed. Doubt Felis is capable of main DPS numbers though, probably.

Question for those of you that finished most of Chasm - how many ongoing time gated quests did you guys find after the main story is done? I found 2 so far - The Electro Cicin Mage girl and setting up/collecting the beacons in the main camp for the Adventurer girl. Am I missing any? I did get a small cutscene from the mushroom meat guy by the flower guy, but it never turned into a quest proper, and I guess the "digging" minigame counts too.

Pejo

So which sword are you guys planning on using for Shinobu? From her 2nd passive, she wants EM for both increased reaction damage and bonus healing, but that depends on how consistent her healing is to begin with. If it's overkill already without stacking EM, I could see an argument for ATK/CRT/CDMG. Shame that Amenoma Kageuchi has such a stupid requirement for its passive ability, it's going to match her aesthetics ridiculously well but only ultra short cooldown characters can make use of it's stupid passive. They should have made it max out at 2 stacks per 30 seconds for 9 energy per tick, then it'd be a lot more usable.

Anyways, I'll probably make her a R5 Iron Sting if her heals need a boost, or give her my Primordial Jade Cutter for the extra HP and damage if not. A 5* weapon seems like a waste on her honestly though.

*edit*

Interesting leaks with a guy that has a better than average record in the past:

xl6m4alstxr81.png
bsrrwdlstxr81.png

Basically invest heavily in Electro (Specifically Shinobu-coin), and get ready for some new "fun" reactions with Electro/Dendro and Hydro/Dendro. Pyro/Electro/Dendro/Anemo will be the new meta apparently?

Last edited:

Saber

Back to posting and hearing news of GS... Pejo Pejo I still feel like those leaks say much and explains nothing(like the old ones I used to read before giving a time from this thread). What exatcly are the dendro reactions? Saying that a Dendro reaction is either "very happy" or useless" is not usefull information imo. I would like to see if its either a damage reaction or a debuff(like reducing movement speed for instance).

I was ok with the design of the ninja I saw recently. But cheesuz, her kit sounds like a boring mess. I'm fine so far with my electros(Keqing, Beidou and Fichilz).

Last edited:
Those leaks don't sound that great. Apparently three of the elemental reactions with Dendro hardly matter. There's always going to be stronger reactions, but they should still be viable or interesting. They're going to make a new dedicated Cryo support (Why???) that only works with yet to be released characters (Why???). I'm looking forward to Shinobu as much as the next guy, but why would they make her the next meta defining character? That's just weird. Sounds pretty awful overall. I hope he's wrong.

Pejo

Really great theory that I like a lot regarding the "Celestia Nails" and the recent story bits we found in the Chasm. Makes a lot of sense and ties in to some of the conclusions I made myself.

Pejo

I think that's the one that requires a key from the northern hallway connecting that room to the new material boss's room. You can only get there from entering the bosses room from the other tunnel (to the east of the boss) and then walking north. It unlocks that passage from inside. The key is one one of those shiny inspect points on one of the gears scattered on the ground.

*edit*

oops, forgot to quote you Fuz Fuz - but that was meant for your question.

R Reizo Ryuu
So I was weak and did 3x 10 rolls on Felis' banner, got all 4 of her equips in those 3 rolls. Insanely lucky. Now to just wait until I can unlock her from Open World/Shop fragments.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I think that's the one that requires a key from the northern hallway connecting that room to the new material boss's room. You can only get there from entering the bosses room from the other tunnel (to the east of the boss) and then walking north. It unlocks that passage from inside. The key is one one of those shiny inspect points on one of the gears scattered on the ground.

*edit*

oops, forgot to quote you Fuz Fuz - but that was meant for your question.

R Reizo Ryuu
So I was weak and did 3x 10 rolls on Felis' banner, got all 4 of her equips in those 3 rolls. Insanely lucky. Now to just wait until I can unlock her from Open World/Shop fragments.
You sure? I think there was no prompt for keys - can't check now 'cause I logged out (I found another gate that wanted 2 keys). This gate is also kind of hidden.

Pejo

You sure? I think there was no prompt for keys - can't check now 'cause I logged out (I found another gate that wanted 2 keys). This gate is also kind of hidden.
I'll check after work.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Fuz

deanote666

Thanks man, but no rush, I'm not gonna play more until tomorrow.
It's as Pejo says. You get a prompt after you get the miner's key.

I found it when I realized the shinies had decent mora and one was the key. Poked around trying to get the glowing rock, walked up to the gate, and got the prompt to open it.

Just make sure you're going to the western gate and not the eastern one with the switch behind it.

crumbs

Finally back from a multi-week business trip and getting caught up on GI.

- Camera event is pretty meh, but at least it provides some easy primos
- Ayato's story quest was really boring. It had the worst "talking to action" ratio in a story quest so far.
- Only had a chance to play Ayato's trial once, but I'm not feeling the urge to pull. I'm not a weeb, but I wish his design was more Japanese. His current blend of styles ends up being kinda bland.
- Just starting to explore the surface of the Chasm due to the photo event including a couple of Chasm locations. Music is excellent as you'd expect. Looking forward to reaching the lower depths soon.
- Wasn't able to start the new Inazuma festival event since I needed to endure through Ayato's tedious story quest first. Will start tonight.

Fake

Gold Member
Camera event is one of those event I totally ignore.

After reading some posts, yeah ignored Ayato quest as well. Hope Yelan can save the day.

Strange that they ask me to finish Ayato and Shogun quest line to get THE BEST EXPERIEEEENCE' from Inazuma festival event. Can someone answer that to me?

crumbs

After reading some posts, yeah ignored Ayato quest as well. Hope Yelan can save the day.

Strange that they ask me to finish Ayato and Shogun quest line to get THE BEST EXPERIEEEENCE' from Inazuma festival event. Can someone answer that to me?

The picture event is worth 420 primos & just under 300k mora and is really easy to finish, but if you don't care about the primos, is definitely skippable.

Ayato's story quest is required to unlock the current Inazuma festival, not sure about the other characters.

I believe they introduced a new system so people can participate in the event without completing the prerequisite quests. It's just that the story's timeline will get messed up. For example Ayato will act like you've met him before, when his proper introduction is in his quest of course. I don't know exactly how it works though.

I decided to struggle through Ayato's quest since I'll have to do it eventually anyway.

crumbs

I believe they introduced a new system so people can participate in the event without completing the prerequisite quests. It's just that the story's timeline will get messed up. For example Ayato will act like you've met him before, when his proper introduction is in his quest of course. I don't know exactly how it works though.

I decided to struggle through Ayato's quest since I'll have to do it eventually anyway.
Interesting, I don't recall getting the option to skip the Ayato stuff and start the festival.

Thinking a bit more about it, I had accidentally started Ayato's story quest while walking in Inazuma city. Since I had technically already started the quest, maybe that's why the game said I was required to complete it before unlocking the festival :pie_thinking:

Pejo

Camera event is the easiest primos we've gotten since Liben's last box event. You just warp to a spot (usually near a teleporter), take a picture, and collect the rewards. It probably takes 10 mins to do all of them in one sitting.

Fuz

Banned
FISH.jpg

How do you get to that fishing spot? I remember reaching it once maybe, but trying to get there again and can't find the correct way... I only find a small pool of water without the spot and with an activable upward current.

Pejo

So I did the first few quests of the new event tonight. It's nice to see the characters interact with each other, but they spend too much time on the shit characters. I want to see a reunion (or maybe first time meeting?) between Venti and Ei. Not Klee and Yoimiya (who despite me loving her look and gameplay, is absolutely awful in cutscenes). Yae was interesting at first because she seemed like a "behind the scenes" troublemaker, but now she's a one note "publishing house and issues related" questboard. What a waste of a morally grey character. I was also disappointed to find out that this festival was a light novel festival. Who is writing this shit? Who is asking for more events and stories about Light Novels and the challenges of publishing them?

There's so much interesting lore surrounding Inazuma and they waste all their time talking about the most boring and tedious stuff imaginable. Tell me more about the Youkai. Tell me more about the other islands and how they ended up fucked until the Traveler fixed them, etc etc. This was a step up from the AWFUL Ayato story quest, but only marginally. I had forgot that they were doing theater mcanus again too until I read that schedule of events. God dammit.

So I did the first few quests of the new event tonight. It's nice to see the characters interact with each other, but they spend too much time on the shit characters. I want to see a reunion (or maybe first time meeting?) between Venti and Ei. Not Klee and Yoimiya (who despite me loving her look and gameplay, is absolutely awful in cutscenes).
Guess we have differing opinions on this. I'd rather see Yoimiya and Klee talk about pointless shit than the cringe factory™ Venti "I FORGOT WHERE I PUT MY INVITATION CUZ I WAS DRUNK XDDDD." The archons already get the most elaborate quests and tons of screen time. I'm much more interested in the side characters. I got a bit excited when Kujou Sara showed up, but then she just left, leaving us with bland Albedo and maximum cringe Venti. Meh.

Fuz

Banned
So, the thief is obviously Xinghei.

Edit: Ok, I had played only the first quest, the second explains it plainly with another stupid twist.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Who is writing this shit? Who is asking for more events and stories about Light Novels and the challenges of publishing them?
Probably the same idiot who can't stop writing about pixel food.

Thinking about it, while the lore behind it all seems to be pretty great and well thought, the day-to-day stories and writing are AWFUL. It's 15-year old fanfic level. Embarassing.
This game does exploration and world design EXCEPTIONALLY well, it's really top level, and it carries everything on its shoulder, because everything else sucks ass in the most unimaginable way, from bland and unimaginative anime cookie cutter character design, to the awful writing, to the gacha and business model.

Last edited:

Pejo

Guess we have differing opinions on this. I'd rather see Yoimiya and Klee talk about pointless shit than the cringe factory™ Venti "I FORGOT WHERE I PUT MY INVITATION CUZ I WAS DRUNK XDDDD." The archons already get the most elaborate quests and tons of screen time. I'm much more interested in the side characters. I got a bit excited when Kujou Sara showed up, but then she just left, leaving us with bland Albedo and maximum cringe Venti. Meh.
I'm not talking about the moment to moment bullshittery with Venti. I mean that another Archon is visiting a land that's been closed off to EVERYONE for years and Ei doesn't even notice? She's not there to talk about actual interesting stuff. Venti has potential to be one of the most interesting characters because you never really know what he's getting at. Out of all the archons so far, I think Ei shows us more of her real self than either of the others. Zhongli holds on to a lot of secrets, mostly contractually. Venti knows a LOT more than he lets on, and he's obscenely powerful, but he always plays the part of whimsical twink, and I'd like to see more of his serious or deeper side.

Regarding the other characters, as Fuz Fuz mentioned, the writing is so poor for them, at this point in the game I don't even care if we see more of them interacting. A 10 min cutscene about Klee writing a book. Fascinating. Sara getting shat on for the 5th time and then disappearing for the rest of the event. Amazing. At least Albedo isn't a moron and can see the things happening around him. I've grown to like him a lot more since the whopperflower event. Teyvat is such a fantastical place with lots going on but these little mini interactions and quests are written with the most bland of bland things in mind. That's my complaint.
Probably the same idiot who can't stop writing about pixel food.
This is such a good point. I guess food is a major and easy way to showcase different cultures, but this is a made up world with limitless possibilities to show how the culture is unique etc. I don't mind food being in the game for buffs, or even as a backdrop for characters meeting etc, but we've had a disproportionate amount of food related content.

Inazuma literally has a true legend about a giant snake attacking an island and getting chopped in half. We could be exploring both sides of that story (from Inazuma proper and from Watatsumi). It slightly advances the lore, enriches the nation, and you can get the local people's opinions on what happened and what it meant. That'd be a cool ass event/festival. But nah, let's talk about publishing light novels for the 30th time.

Pejo

I back to play a little time ago, can someone please explain to me why I can't edit the teapot?
It's been in maintenance since the patch dropped. No idea what they're doing.

This is the second reference to the lies are falling down. Good shit. really cool that every player only gets 1 line, so it's a collaborative effort.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
100% Chasm (still have to complete 2 side quests and get some little thing here and there but now I'm tired)... and also got all my characters to friendship 10.
Chasm is good. Like, really good. I usually hate "mazes" but it's done surprisingly well. Their world design/exploration is second to none, and Dains quest was great too.
Now, for how long will we have to suffer with shitty little mundane tasks and stupid characters writing until we get something comparable again?
Oh, btw, I usually like the Theater Mechanicus, this time I switched side and I'm hating it too. Worst iteration by far. Pejo, you have my sword.

Fuz

Banned
By the way, I called this almost a year ago and I'm calling it again: Dainsleif will be dark element. Who wanna take bets?

This is the second reference to the lies are falling down. Good shit. really cool that every player only gets 1 line, so it's a collaborative effort.
I got the first line and thought it was the same for everyone until I read that post. Very, very cool idea.
Again, it's unbelievable how GOOD they do some things and how BAD they do others.

Last edited:
Teyvat is such a fantastical place with lots going on but these little mini interactions and quests are written with the most bland of bland things in mind. That's my complaint.
I've given up on that. Even if Venti meets Ei we're not going to get any major developments. That's just how this game is.

I'd rather have decent character interactions actually taking place than tiny bits of world building and lore that ultimately don't impact anything.

Dregnel

By the way, I called this almost a year ago and I'm calling it again: Dainsleif will be dark element. Who wanna take bets?
they will create a dark and imaginary/light element soon or later, they did the same with honkai.
also exclusive effects and damage when x character wields x weapon.

Saber

Nah. I though a bit the samey with Yun Jin since her design didn't tell much. They end up making her geo with a spear that is not even appropriate for her.
Watch in despair they giving a random stupid element to him and being a bow user with full boring support kit.

Fake

Gold Member
Dainsleif is either 'Abyss' element (Abyss Order, dah) or just a secondary char. Probably
will meet Signora same fate

Chasm is a good place, but the first part of Chasm have a terrible OST WTF. Is a nightmare farming this new boss with such a terrible OST, Dragonspine theme was so great in comparison.

Last edited:

deanote666

FISH.jpg

How do you get to that fishing spot? I remember reaching it once maybe, but trying to get there again and can't find the correct way... I only find a small pool of water without the spot and with an activable upward current.
d5WmiyL.png

Rough path. In the first area with the branch over the water, the cave entrance is further up the wall, has jump pads marking its rough location.

That or start climbing where the ameno air current totem was. Takes a few minutes but I've done it twice before I learned the other route.

You mentioned later you're 100% so it's in the same area as one of those 9 gem shadow guys and an element totem puzzle.

Fake

Gold Member
Anyone found a use for those?

Uhm.jpg

For elemental reaction porpuse I guess. Use electro and you gonna blow this up.

Btw
Soooo.jpg

I saw that too. Maybe from the Childe land? If you remember reading the list of guest, one single ship for transport an important person.
If I would guess, they're VIP from Snezhnaya. IDK if is there any white flag between Inazuma and Snezhnaya.

Maybe one of them?

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
For elemental reaction porpuse I guess. Use electro and you gonna blow this up.
Interesting. Anemo and pyro just make them disappear for a short time. So they're basically useless.
Btw, I thought I completed all the quests but Taliesin doesn't give me the achievement. Any specially hidden one? (I did the two time gated cicin mage ones)

Fake

Gold Member
Interesting. Anemo and pyro just make them disappear for a short time. So they're basically useless.
Btw, I thought I completed all the quests but Taliesin doesn't give me the achievement. Any specially hidden one? (I did the two time gated cicin mage ones)

Are you already found all those blue rocks plus that other ore the NPC outside Chasm is asking for? I guess he ask three to three with time at row.

Can't say for sure because I already drop Chasm. I'm just there for beating the new boss and farming for a possible Yelan pick.

• Thoughtful

Fuz

Banned
Are you already found all those blue rocks plus that other ore the NPC outside Chasm is asking for? I guess he ask three to three with time at row.

Can't say for sure because I already drop Chasm. I'm just there for beating the new boss and farming for a possible Yelan pick.
I forgot those were a thing. I was missing one - got it now, thanks.
Unfortunately, that doesn't count toward Taliesin's achi.

Top Bottom