• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

A free Bennett is a kick in the gut. Just don't give us anything at that point.

I keep forgetting, but apparently there's no Pyro MC kit yet either. Not that I care to use her anyway, but everything combined makes Natlan feel unfinished. One would almost think the beta builds are simply incomplete.

deanote666

Boy that's lame. Even Fontaine gave us a new 4*. Why fucking Bennett again....

I keep forgetting, but apparently there's no Pyro MC kit yet either. Not that I care to use her anyway, but everything combined makes Natlan feel unfinished. One would almost think the beta builds are simply incomplete.

Adventure team assemble!

Pejo

Gold Member

That's a good point. If we don't get a free 4*, we won't have any characters with that new Nightsomething mechanic. We got free Collei for Dendro, free Lynette for Pneuma. Kinda shitty.

Adventure team assemble!
iu

Pejo

Gold Member
Well, I sat down and forced myself through the frog/squirrel plotline in the summer event and made it to Meripole. It's much better than the forest area, much more condensed activities and just overall an improvement. Managed to hit the currency requirement to get Kirara's costume, so now the pressure's off. I'm minorly invested in the story to see if it gives more lore on the Hexenzirkel, but at least it did get a bit better. Navia and Kirara were a breath of fresh air from otherwise insufferable characters and NPCs.

I am so disappointed at how easy the puzzles are, though. The one entire minigame is literally just "click on the toy guys." Like do they even have a losing condition for that game? deanote666 deanote666 you hated the Ousia/Pneuma puzzles but you let that minigame pass without a mention? Literally bottom-of-the-barrel IQ requirements. I actually really like the string minigames and the flying squirrel stuff, but they made everything so easy that it feels like you're just going through the motions instead of solving anything. The 2 courses (that I've found so far) where you have to traverse the area, collect blue orbs, and then do a few shooting galleries is probably one of the best puzzle types that the game has provided in a while. Nothing groundbreaking, but at least they're fun and require a modicum of skill.

I will also admit that the game got another solid laugh out of me with Paimon realizing that the toy soldiers, like the origami creatures, don't eat real food and she lets out a loud NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

deanote666

Well, I sat down and forced myself through the frog/squirrel plotline in the summer event and made it to Meripole. It's much better than the forest area, much more condensed activities and just overall an improvement. Managed to hit the currency requirement to get Kirara's costume, so now the pressure's off. I'm minorly invested in the story to see if it gives more lore on the Hexenzirkel, but at least it did get a bit better. Navia and Kirara were a breath of fresh air from otherwise insufferable characters and NPCs.

I am so disappointed at how easy the puzzles are, though. The one entire minigame is literally just "click on the toy guys." Like do they even have a losing condition for that game? deanote666 deanote666 you hated the Ousia/Pneuma puzzles but you let that minigame pass without a mention? Literally bottom-of-the-barrel IQ requirements. I actually really like the string minigames and the flying squirrel stuff, but they made everything so easy that it feels like you're just going through the motions instead of solving anything. The 2 courses (that I've found so far) where you have to traverse the area, collect blue orbs, and then do a few shooting galleries is probably one of the best puzzle types that the game has provided in a while. Nothing groundbreaking, but at least they're fun and require a modicum of skill.

I will also admit that the game got another solid laugh out of me with Paimon realizing that the toy soldiers, like the origami creatures, don't eat real food and she lets out a loud NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I didn't really give it a pass, just didn't really think about it since it's par for the course.

I felt they were more more for comedy than complexity.

I feel like the summer events are a sort of beta test for new mechanics for the new patch coming out (waverider for example). They're also temporary so they probably don't want people scratching their heads too long (although summer 2 had some noodle scratchers). Depends on when things were planned vs when the decided to nerf puzzles.

Gotta make it to the 3rd area to get more of the overarching story.

z6XDC9f.jpeg

Pejo

Gold Member
Well, knocked out the rest of the summer event. Boy those "show everything on the map" gadgets sure are fucking handy. It'd be nice if we could get one of those for each nation once we "100%" a region to pick up the misc stuff.

Anyways, the story got quite a bit better in the 3rd area, but Meripole was still the best area. It was cool finding Alice's secret hideout/writing room in the 3 goddess island. I also don't know what CN bros were fussing about with Wanderer getting to be the 'hero'. It was no big deal and the whole arc actually made me a bit sympathetic to him (finally). This was better than the Interdarshawn story and the Nahida stuff he keeps latching onto and ruining.

I'm always up for more Hexenzirkel lore, and I almost thought we made it through summer without that little gremlin Klee showing up and ruining it, but no such luck. Mona's bit was interesting.

Apparently some character story quest I've started and never finished is blocking the last quest for the summer event, so I have to finish that now to have all the limited time stuff done. What a pain.

Overall, it was a rough start, uninteresting setting (for the most part), but ended up being "ok". I'd put it as a tie with the amusement park shit from last year. Hope they take us back to the GAA for next year or give us a non-kiddie theme again.

jonnyXx

Mixed feelings about the regional specialty locator. Pulled Lyney only because he had that talent for Fontaine.
This is no substitute for the character talents, it actually sounds like this should go hand in hand with the character talents.
It gives you the general area to look in, then you go there and the character talent marks it on the mini map for you.

With the talent plus this update you won't need the interactive map for collecting local specialties anymore. It's a great addition made better if you have those character talents.

Are the regional specialties that big a deal? I usually remember roughly where I can find specific materials. It's only really useful when new areas release and you're not familiar with the land yet.

I think the stream is happening in about 4 hours. Weird time for me. I won't be able to catch it live.

Cougar lady's leaks have been coming in and she sounds busted. We'll see what state she enters the game in, but it looks promising.

Pejo

Gold Member
Are the regional specialties that big a deal? I usually remember roughly where I can find specific materials. It's only really useful when new areas release and you're not familiar with the land yet.

I think the stream is happening in about 4 hours. Weird time for me. I won't be able to catch it live.

Cougar lady's leaks have been coming in and she sounds busted. We'll see what state she enters the game in, but it looks promising.
It's funny, they kinda used our "crystallize shield = different buff based on the element of the shield" idea from like 2 years ago for XIlonen. Sounds good though, I hope they credit GAF for her design.

Pejo

Gold Member
It's been a long time since I've been excited about a livestream. I hope they have little Mavuika teasers in it. I've been building a strong fanart collection already.
tux2v9kbgvid1.jpeg

*edit*

Livestream Link:

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Behold our 4th year anniversary:

v0131fm6kyid1.png

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

iu

*edit*

Looks like we get a free standard 5* selector too. Dehya con!

*edit2*

We're getting a free Kachina (the new Geo kid) too. Nice.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Saw this on gamefaqs
t1Ytl66.jpeg
Yea there's some really great stuff. Weapon banner point reduction is big, and I'm glad I held off rolling on a lot of "maybe" weapons like Navia's axe, etc. I don't get what point 5 means?

And Mavuika looks so, so good. Confirmed Claymore too, so Dehya 2.0: Electric Boogaloo.
GVE0lxtW8AARg8W

GVE0lxrXgAAxz-L

GVE0lxpXgAASRHa

GVE0lxrXMAAOhVL

GVE4QGsXEAArFu7

New codes:
The redemption codes are valid until August 17, 2024 00:00 (UTC-4),

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Icymanipulator Icymanipulator I found a slightly more descriptive version of your list. I'm still confused about the "increased drop rates for promotional 5-star characters" point though.

e7gg4e22fyid1.jpeg

*edit*

Trailer for 5.0:

Last edited:

deanote666

Wait... we get TWO free 10 pulls this anniversary? Are they mad!?

Is the capturing radiance thing just a fancy effect when you win 50/50?

Weapon banner pity change in our favor!? Maybe @fuzz will pull on it now?

With the 5* selector, my sister can finally get Qiqi if she actually logs in again.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
Wait... we get TWO free 10 pulls this anniversary? Are they mad!?

Is the capturing radiance thing just a fancy effect when you win 50/50?

Weapon banner pity change in our favor!? Maybe @fuzz will pull on it now?

With the 5* selector, my sister can finally get Qiqi if she actually logs in again.
I've been reading and it sounds like Capturing Radiance is just a new visual effect that happens on the wish animation when you pull a character without hitting pity. So basically nothing.

*edit*

Looks like Chasca is actually Anemo, not Cryo as earlier hinted. Good shit. Hope she's a DPS. We have more than enough Anemo female supports.
xgwsowh8uyid1.jpeg

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Ok, I just watched the 5.0 trailer.

I'm not entirely sold on the idea of coming back to the game but Mavuika and Capitano are fire.

Is he gonna be playable too or will they pull a Signora on him too?

Also Natlan gives me insane Pride Lands vibes (The Lion King).

The Retro pixel art dude looks so fucking good :messenger_open_mouth:

Last edited:
The update looks good. They're doing a lot to make progressing in the story easier and faster, and also to build your characters with free weapons, materials etc. On the one hand I appreciate this, on the other it might feel less rewarding/necessary to actually engage with the game itself. Not sure how to word this, but it almost makes the story and the process of building characters feel a bit arbitrary.

As for the anniversary, I'm pretty sure the only new thing is the 5-star selector. This reward would have been a lot more impactful a couple years ago. These 5-stars are hardly relevant anymore. I'm sure some players will be happy with this, but for me it's too little too late.

They also confirmed that they're still adding new characters to the pool of standard 5-stars, and that it will have increased by next year. This worries me, for obvious reasons. We'll also once again be left with the quandary of whether it's worth pulling, hoping for them to show up naturally or waiting a year for the next anni 5-star selector. It'd have been much better if one of the 5.0 characters was revealed to be a standard character so you could immediately pick them up, just like with the Liyue 4-star selector.

I've been reading and it sounds like Capturing Radiance is just a new visual effect that happens on the wish animation when you pull a character without hitting pity. So basically nothing.
I just found this:

It doesn't describe exactly how it works, but they specify that there's now a 55% chance to win the character due to this added mechanic. I assume that the game simply rolls another dice when you lose a 50/50, with that dice giving you a second 10% chance to win the featured 5-star. Regardless, it's a (probably) minor but positive change. The weapon banner also feels a lot more approachable now.

Looks like Chasca is actually Anemo, not Cryo as earlier hinted. Good shit. Hope she's a DPS. We have more than enough Anemo female supports.
Agreed. I prefer Anemo for her for sure.

Nankatsu

How do you guys feel about the new characters having in-built trasversal mechanics that seem to be locked only in them?

In one hand it makes the characters feels more unique, sure, but on the other hand it's kind of a cheapshot.

How do you guys feel about the new characters having in-built trasversal mechanics that seem to be locked only in them?

In one hand it makes the characters feels more unique, sure, but on the other hand it's kind of a cheapshot.
It looks to me like they are alternatives to the Saurians. You can either swim in water and lava with the appropriate Saurian, or use Mualani. You can sling around with the Dendro Saurian, or with Kinich. I think they even use the same "fuel." If so, I don't view them much differently from the Ousia/Pneuma mechanic in Fontaine, where it seemed like a big deal but turned out to be a minor inconvenience at most.

Pejo

Gold Member
Ok, I just watched the 5.0 trailer.

I'm not entirely sold on the idea of coming back to the game but Mavuika and Capitano are fire.

Is he gonna be playable too or will they pull a Signora on him too?
Supposedly leaks say he will not be playable in the 5.x versions, but Columbina will be. I have my own suspicions about who he is behind the mask. Excited to see how it plays out.
Also Natlan gives me insane Pride Lands vibes (The Lion King).
Funny, I get "land of the lost" vibes, but I see where you're coming from.
The update looks good. They're doing a lot to make progressing in the story easier and faster, and also to build your characters with free weapons, materials etc. On the one hand I appreciate this, on the other it might feel less rewarding/necessary to actually engage with the game itself. Not sure how to word this, but it almost makes the story and the process of building characters feel a bit arbitrary.
Eh, I think at this point you have mostly vets that don't need to worry about this stuff, and newbies that will benefit greatly from it. Net good in my opinion.
As for the anniversary, I'm pretty sure the only new thing is the 5-star selector. This reward would have been a lot more impactful a couple years ago. These 5-stars are hardly relevant anymore. I'm sure some players will be happy with this, but for me it's too little too late.

They also confirmed that they're still adding new characters to the pool of standard 5-stars, and that it will have increased by next year. This worries me, for obvious reasons. We'll also once again be left with the quandary of whether it's worth pulling, hoping for them to show up naturally or waiting a year for the next anni 5-star selector. It'd have been much better if one of the 5.0 characters was revealed to be a standard character so you could immediately pick them up, just like with the Liyue 4-star selector.
I'm hyped about it, and that's coming from a guy that has almost all standard banner 5*s at C6 already. The fact that they're adding to the pool means that even longtime players will have something to look forward to on anniversaries, so I appreciate that new characters will be added. I also wouldn't mind if they went back on their words and started putting old limited characters in there after a few reruns. Characters like Albedo/Xiao/Shenhe/Klee/Itto would be perfect additions to standard. High story involvement and low player usage%, low revenue on any potential limited rerun. Those kind of characters.
I just found this:

It doesn't describe exactly how it works, but they specify that there's now a 55% chance to win the character due to this added mechanic. I assume that the game simply rolls another dice when you lose a 50/50, with that dice giving you a second 10% chance to win the featured 5-star. Regardless, it's a (probably) minor but positive change. The weapon banner also feels a lot more approachable now.
Interesting, so just a net 5% chance boost on off banner rolls, irrespective of pity count. Well it's small, but a positive, so I'll take it.
Agreed. I prefer Anemo for her for sure.
Looks like they buffed her booba a bit too.

It seems like WuWa, despite everyone dabbing on it for multiple reasons (both deserved and not), has had a positive effect on Genshin. Just a hint of some real competition has had them reconsider a lot of selfish anti-consumer choices already.

I also saw this heartfelt video (double translated) of DaWei talking to a live audience of the livestream in CN last night. You can actually see that he's just an awkward otaku that got blasted to the top of the world due to Genshin/Star Rail/ZZZ money. This ist he DaWei I used to see videos of back when HI3 was their biggest product, and what gave me faith in the company to begin with. It looks like he genuinely cares about the game and making sure that actual players are having a good time, and promises more changes in the future. I really appreciate this kind of thing, and they should have probably officially released this video in other languages. A lot of the time you think of HoYo as this big monolith that is just an endless money vaccuum, but I do believe that at least some of the staff genuinely care about making cool shit and making people happy.

We get the welfare dinosaurs, so it's whatever. I'm glad they're opening up the gameplay more than I'm mad about specific characters able to shortcut to specific abilities. I will say between the grapple and the 8bit effects, I am thinking of rolling for Dendro dude when before he would have been the easiest skip. But we'll see where my savings are by then. Nothing will keep me from Mavuika.

22 characters!?
Come On Wow GIF by BrownSugarApp

I thought by lowering hard mode to 16 characters this mode would need 18 characters. Guess not.
Queen Laughing GIF

*edit*

I found a "Capturing Radiance for dummies" chart. It's essentially just like InterMusketeer InterMusketeer explained it.
tc8xbttzd1jd1.jpeg

Last edited:
Eh, I think at this point you have mostly vets that don't need to worry about this stuff, and newbies that will benefit greatly from it. Net good in my opinion.
That's probably how I should feel too, but I just can't help but get skeptical. If people can skip the story, the building of characters, the daily commissions... What is left? Wouldn't it be better if they found a way to make those things fun and exciting again? Instead they sweep the problems under the rug and push players out the door so they can play their other gachas.

I'm hyped about it, and that's coming from a guy that has almost all standard banner 5*s at C6 already. The fact that they're adding to the pool means that even longtime players will have something to look forward to on anniversaries, so I appreciate that new characters will be added. I also wouldn't mind if they went back on their words and started putting old limited characters in there after a few reruns. Characters like Albedo/Xiao/Shenhe/Klee/Itto would be perfect additions to standard. High story involvement and low player usage%, low revenue on any potential limited rerun. Those kind of characters.
I'm surprised you care that much about these mostly irrelevant characters. I know it's not all about meta and stuff, but these characters honestly feel almost archaic by now. I'm also surprised you don't mind the possibility of them sending another character to the shadow realm. I don't see any of this as a big win. But I've seen a lot of people react positively to this news, so maybe I'm the odd one.

I also saw this heartfelt video (double translated) of DaWei talking to a live audience of the livestream in CN last night. You can actually see that he's just an awkward otaku that got blasted to the top of the world due to Genshin/Star Rail/ZZZ money. This ist he DaWei I used to see videos of back when HI3 was their biggest product, and what gave me faith in the company to begin with. It looks like he genuinely cares about the game and making sure that actual players are having a good time, and promises more changes in the future. I really appreciate this kind of thing, and they should have probably officially released this video in other languages. A lot of the time you think of HoYo as this big monolith that is just an endless money vaccuum, but I do believe that at least some of the staff genuinely care about making cool shit and making people happy.

Seeing the staff on screen does humanize them. I remember the Lantern Rite stream where one of the devs said "don't be too harsh on us." I think that was in reference to Xianyun's release. I contributed to the harsh backlash against her, so I felt kinda guilty. Even in this latest program, it looks like they do understand players well, that they are open to feedback, that they care. It can't be easy to run a company like this, and to have all these ongoing live-service titles and to appeal to such a diverse audience who want wildly different things.

However... Then I remember what state they released Sigewinne in. That was just a month or so ago. I remember the censorship, the baffling banner choices (Did you see Mualani's banner? Bennett is on it again), numerous other issues... I'm sure they have the best of intentions, but that apparently doesn't always result in a good experience. Everyone makes mistakes, but they come so regularly, they seem so easily avoidable, and they're addressed at such a slow pace (If at all), that it's hard not to get frustrated. And to see them then churn out a whole host of other games doesn't help with the visuals of it all.

So while I emphasize with DaWei and the other staff... Man they don't make it easy.

Pejo

Gold Member
That's probably how I should feel too, but I just can't help but get skeptical. If people can skip the story, the building of characters, the daily commissions... What is left? Wouldn't it be better if they found a way to make those things fun and exciting again? Instead they sweep the problems under the rug and push players out the door so they can play their other gachas.
Yea I agree with your last sentence here, but on the other hand they're probably working on bigger and more important stuff and this was an easier solution that reworking old stuff (that admitted a lot of players will skip or mash X through without even reading). Again, it doesn't really effect me either way, I just get some freebies out of it, so it's hard to be mad about.
I'm surprised you care that much about these mostly irrelevant characters. I know it's not all about meta and stuff, but these characters honestly feel almost archaic by now. I'm also surprised you don't mind the possibility of them sending another character to the shadow realm. I don't see any of this as a big win. But I've seen a lot of people react positively to this news, so maybe I'm the odd one.
I think more than the reward, it touches a bit into feelings of appreciation of the playerbase by HoYo. All of the past anniversaries have felt like a slap to the fucking face with how much money the game makes because of us. Now they at least acknowledge us a bit. I'd have preferred a "universal constellation" that you can use on any 5*, but a selector with an expanding pool is also a sign of good faith and appreciation. And for me personally, more Dehya constellations - yes I still try to use her. Also Keqing keeps getting better with newer weapons/artifacts/Dendro characters, so she and Jean are nice little pickups, especially if you have been playing a long time and managed to never get them in a lost 50/50. I still think Keq is better than Chlorinde in both fun factor and gameplay.
Seeing the staff on screen does humanize them. I remember the Lantern Rite stream where one of the devs said "don't be too harsh on us." I think that was in reference to Xianyun's release. I contributed to the harsh backlash against her, so I felt kinda guilty. Even in this latest program, it looks like they do understand players well, that they are open to feedback, that they care. It can't be easy to run a company like this, and to have all these ongoing live-service titles and to appeal to such a diverse audience who want wildly different things.
Yea I can't imagine trying to appease the entire schizo Genshin fanbase. If the game was less popular and wide reaching, I think it'd actually be easier to laser focus on what the players want, but when you spend an afternoon on Genshin's subreddit, you see exactly how unhinged these people are/can get. I think more communication with the playerbase would be a solid plus, so I hope they do more of that in the future. Even if your wants aren't being addressed, at least it would feel like they are listening.
However... Then I remember what state they released Sigewinne in. That was just a month or so ago. I remember the censorship, the baffling banner choices (Did you see Mualani's banner? Bennett is on it again)
What the fuck...

But yea, I think their policy of "never buff underperforming characters" is a huge mistake. Then when we get releases like Candace/Xinyan/Dehya/Sige and they blow ass, at least there will be a chance that they get fixed. As it is now, people cope that new artifacts or weapons will "save" a character. It's impossible to fix a character with a generic artifact passive with how broken they are at a kit level, though.
I'm sure they have the best of intentions, but that apparently doesn't always result in a good experience. Everyone makes mistakes, but they come so regularly, they seem so easily avoidable, and they're addressed at such a slow pace (If at all), that it's hard not to get frustrated. And to see them then churn out a whole host of other games doesn't help with the visuals of it all.
Always reminds me of how Mona's CONSTELLATION passive is still broken, and how she was still never updated for Dendro.
So while I emphasize with DaWei and the other staff... Man they don't make it easy.
I totally agree. I think with the company growing at such an immense rate, it's probably hard to address a lot of these smaller misc issues that probably get lost in the soup. I also think that they don't get applauded enough for the things that they DO do. Like look at game stability. I can't think of a time that the game was completely down outside of maintenance windows. There are incredibly few game-breaking bugs, if any. The infrastructure team is top-fucking-class as far as live service games go.

What the fuck...
Might as well post it:
This was from when they showed off that 5% mechanic. I assume this is the final banner, and not a placeholder.

I also think that they don't get applauded enough for the things that they DO do.
You're definitely right about that. It's much easier to see the flaws and complain, while taking everything else for granted. I don't think we've ever talked about the game's reliability in this thread, but it really is impressive. Ultimately I'm pretty excited for 5.0 but mostly for the content and the characters.

deanote666

You're definitely right about that. It's much easier to see the flaws and complain, while taking everything else for granted. I don't think we've ever talked about the game's reliability in this thread, but it really is impressive. Ultimately I'm pretty excited for 5.0 but mostly for the content and the characters.
Those jerks made it so I can't run under the water to Inazuma anymore. :(

Pejo

Gold Member
Those jerks made it so I can't run under the water to Inazuma anymore. :(
Man that reminds me of the HOURS I spent trying (and succeeding) to get into that locked room under the Grand Narukami Shrine, only for it to be mostly empty and then used in a world quest a few patches later.

Some leaks:
3qy437ith6jd1.jpeg

I would not have put money on Iansan being Electro.
We saw her Electro powers in the trailer. I guess it makes sense with her color scheme, but I didn't expect that either. I'm slightly disappointed she won't be a 5-star, but I'm happy if she's a DPS. I can't remember the last time I built a 4-star DPS, it's kinda fresh. Gaming and Sethos are pretty strong, so I hope they keep that streak going with Iansan. The biggest issue is that she'll likely be very dependent on cons, and we don't know what banner she'll be on.

Chasca sounds neat. She's probably the premium version of those flying Saurians we've been seeing.

deanote666

My 2nd account doesn't have Dehya, Jean, or Diluc...

Got Kazuha so don't necessarily need Jean.

Dehya wouldn't have any constellations...

Don't have any 5* claymores for Diluc. Yanfei is my current fire bug.

Choices...

SSfox

When they say they will add new characters to standard banner do you guys think they meant old characters like Klee and Eula or it's going to be new characters like Tighnari and Dehya?

Pejo

Gold Member
When they say they will add new characters to standard banner do you guys think they meant old characters like Klee and Eula or it's going to be new characters like Tighnari and Dehya?
The way it was worded, I'm thinking new characters, like how Tighnari and Dehya were added. But I think it'd also be a good idea to introduce low sales potential existing limited 5*s. Guess we'll have to see how it goes.

They still need a Geo 5* in the standard banner, still the only element not represented.

2 new artifact sets. I'm not sure how conditional or what the cooldown is of Nightsoul, but that support set could be busted.
As I understand it:
Nightsoul's Blessing - This is what they call the "state" Natlan characters enter when they use their elemental skill.
Nightsoul points - These are basically stamina points for Natlan skills.
Nightsoul Burst - Occurs when a Natlan character is on the team, and any elemental damage is done by any(?) party member. There's a cooldown on this mechanic, which decreases with every additional Natlan character on the team.

For the sake of these artifacts (and probably future characters/weapons), it's probably beneficial to build teams almost exclusively from Natlan characters.

They still need a Geo 5* in the standard banner, still the only element not represented.
I'm so scared for cougar lady...

Pejo

Gold Member
As I understand it:
Nightsoul's Blessing - This is what they call the "state" Natlan characters enter when they use their elemental skill.
Nightsoul points - These are basically stamina points for Natlan skills.
Nightsoul Burst - Occurs when a Natlan character is on the team, and any elemental damage is done by any(?) party member. There's a cooldown on this mechanic, which decreases with every additional Natlan character on the team.

For the sake of these artifacts (and probably future characters/weapons), it's probably beneficial to build teams almost exclusively from Natlan characters.
Hmm. Well, I like a lot of the new characters, so I guess we'll see how much trouble it is and how powerful, but thanks for the rundown anyways, that's much clearer than their info.
I'm so scared for cougar lady...
Truly Dehya 2.0.

Nah, her kit sounds useful even if she sucks ass by all other metrics. That said, there's plenty of time for beta nerfs.

I've been reading leaks that are hinting that Mavuika has strange naming conventions on her data. I swear, if they do something to her without making a playable version or revive her as a totally different design/model, I will go nuclear. Double nuclear if it's that godawful musketeer design from those old leaks.

Surely we're not gonna have every archon associated with dying, right? Electro Archon died, Ei gave up her living body, Rukkha died, Focalors died... Clearly that's enough of that trope, yea?

p44py4mk0ijd1.png

*edit*

This might be my favorite of all of the official birthday arts. Not sure why, but I really like it.
GVZZR5GaMAA8nqx

Natlan preview:

No shit, they actually stole the idea from this Sayu mod:
64e26e1876b2c.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
New Natlan teaser from Gamescom.

*edit*

ATTENTION:
By the way, it's getting close to 5.0, so I'm probably going to have the mods pull the thread out of Community for a few weeks like we did for Fontaine. I feel like GAF has gotten a little more accepting of gacha games over the past year, so we might get some new faces. The ZZZ thread gets a decent amount of replies.

Start brainstorming some thread title updates for Natlan.

Last edited:

deanote666

Mihoyo said I needed to go back to Inazuma and redo the last gourmet supremos daily commission to continue the story line.

While in the Sumeru port for pefume girl's story quest, I see a blue !. Guess who's there? The Gourmet supremos with the next leg of the quest!!!

Had my dailies set to Inazuma for a month and a half for nothing...

Top Bottom