• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Of Tsushima has sold 13 million copies

xiskza

Nate Fox and Jason Connell, creative directors on Ghost of Tsushima, had long envisioned a spiritual successor to the 2020 game, which brought players to the periphery of the Japanese shogunate period, with the Mongol invasion of the country's Tsushima Island in the 1200s. Critics applauded the game's historical accuracy, and the players who bought 13 million copies eagerly speculated about a sequel.

Last official number known was 9.7 million.

XXL

Old Man Good Job GIF

Safe to assume that most of that additional 3.3 million copies comes from the PC release.

Good stuff!
Nop. That 9.7M number was way before the PC release. Years before. I think from the Directo's Cut release in 2021 or somewhere in 2022.

Anyway, 13M units for a new Ip that was mainly released on PS consoles only is great. Get that sequel released. Thanks!

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
crazy how sony went from selling 2-3 million copies for their AAA blockbusters during the ps3 era to pushing 10 million plus with their franchises ps4 era and on.

Good story driven 3rd person single player games sell.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
The director cut's edition must've made a good boost. The DLC was pretty nice

Agreed.

Let me remind folks remasters add to that number, they help with new staff, they keep the IP relevant and help fund sequels like the one Ghost is having.

The whole thing with getting triggered by a remaster is getting old.

All The Director's cut did was help that team, Sony and new gamers get into that IP.

Hookshot

Gold Member
10M of those 13M were during the first 2 years of release. Hardly lots of price cuts, specially because Sony released the Director's Cut 1 year after the game originally released on PS4.

And...spin off?
The directors cut was what I meant. https://www.dekudeals.com/items/ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut Regularly down to £25 since November 2022. For some reason it's not showing the price history of the original version.

It's a different title, a different protagonist, a different timeline, a different location, is it supposed to be a sequel?

I tried to play this game and gave up when reaching the second island because I tried to do every side content before tackling the main story and felt burned out at that point.

Maybe I need to try again and only focus on the story.

Top Bottom