• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Of Tsushima has sold 13 million copies

Sentenza

I'd be surprised. I see it doing 10 million at least between PS5 and PC (it is unlikely to do as well as the original in Japan, given the software situation there).
I have various reasons for my prediction, incidentally. It's not just about the change of protagonist.

- The first one was already fairly bloated and tiring and by the end of it and personally I was absolutely done with the game and started skipping stuff.
- The sequel doesn't seem to promote any significant upgrade or change to the formula (or the tech) so far. Maybe too soon to say, but if they had something notable they'd probably highlight it immediately.
- Admittedly the bossgirl protagonist is a turn-off in itself too, in a market still predominantly male-populated where the concept is being so overly-saturated recently, this may backfire.
- She's not just "a woman" in general, but one that seem almost purposefully designed to minimize any of her feminine traits (I watched through the trailer the first time constantly second-guessing if she was one or not until the camera made finally clear) so she won't even be able to rely on that type of "Nier Automata-like" appeal for the hot main character to hook in a predominantly male audience.
- Rabid Sony fanboys will defend it aggressively, of course, but we'll have to see if this will be enough.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Xbox doesn't force you to buy the same game twice across console and PC, it's a very dynamic system where you hold a dynamic licence for the same dynamic game across two dynamic platforms.
You’re forced to buy the game?

And it seems like “dynamic” is a trigger word for you. Better talk to Papa Phil about that! 🐥

Last edited:

Portugeezer

I'll put a couple of slaps on your face on the line.
Oh no

funny face lips GIF by Worcester Warriors

Spyxos

Gold Member
crazy how sony went from selling 2-3 million copies for their AAA blockbusters during the ps3 era to pushing 10 million plus with their franchises ps4 era and on.
I would be interested to know how they did it.The ps3 games were also very popular. Did they simply increase the marketing budget and this is the result?

Woopah

I have various reasons for my prediction, incidentally. It's not just about the change of protagonist.

- The first one was already fairly bloated and tiring and by the end of it and personally I was absolutely done with the game and started skipping stuff.
- The sequel doesn't seem to promote any significant upgrade or change to the formula (or the tech) so far. Maybe too soon to say, but if they had something notable they'd probably highlight it immediately.
- Admittedly the bossgirl protagonist is a turn-off in itself too, in a market still predominantly male-populated where the concept is being so overly-saturated recently, this may backfire.
- She's not just "a woman" in general, but one that seem almost purposefully designed to minimize any of her feminine traits (I watched through the trailer the first time constantly second-guessing if she was one or not until the camera made finally clear) so she won't even be able to rely on that type of "Nier Automata-like" appeal for the hot main character to hook in a predominantly male audience.
- Rabid Sony fanboys will defend it aggressively, of course, but we'll have to see if this will be enough.
I wouldn't say we saw nearly enough about the game to say whether there is any upgrade to the mechanics. That remains to be seen.

And given the success of TLoU2 and the two Horizon games, I don't see the PS audience minding if they play as a girlboss instead of a boyboss.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Plenty of people have double-dipped because of a lack of willingness on Sony's part to take PC gaming seriously
:messenger_smirking:
Oh no, consumers made a choice!

Nobody uses MS's store, it's pure trash, MS doesn't offer them for free on Steam either. Just like Sony.

Only way it would work, is if Sony made its own store, then you'd all have issues with that happening.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
And given the success of TLoU2 and the two Horizon games, I don't see the PS audience minding if they play as a girlboss instead of a boyboss.

I hate the fact that this has to be said, but I'm glad you did. It's so clear the bolded is 100% right. We have so many weirdos here, that it's hard to tell if they are just trolling\joking or for real.

Top Bottom