• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
33yK7wO.png

i need a drink

Myggen

That Streer Fighter 5 thread is great to compare to the Tomb Raider 2 one from earlier in the year.

Tomb Raider was people pretending to be all scandalised at a publisher selling exclusivity. SF5 one is 90% "I have a PS4 so I don't give a fuck".

Haha, you. I'm sure you can do a few revealing post history searches there :p

Volotaire

Is there a crossover in time of the The Game Awards and UPF?

They could do an impromptu "talk over" stream if so.

I think UPF will finish before Game Awards start. UPF starts at 11:30PM GMT and lasts for 1 and half hrs - 2 so finishes at 1 - 1:30am UK. Game waards starts at 2AM here UK.

popo

Ireland is just "island" in Gaelic. The locals call in Eire, which translates as "here", because it is easier to remember when someone asks them where they are from. True story.

Huh. I always though Wales was just like a county in England.

Get your shit together Brits. Pack it all up into one thing like America. We only have states. You're either a state or your not. Well, except for the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands, and Guam, and American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, and I guess Wake Island too since it is populated as well. But other than that, if you're part of the US, you're a state. Simple.

More Ireland facts!

There are no Postal or ZIP codes in most of Ireland (outside Dublin and Cork), the Postman just knows!

I have relation that live in Muckanaghederdauhaulia (that is a real place)

Rapstah

Isn't Island Inis in Irish?

all the islands off the west coast of Island begin with Inis

Inis Orr
Inis Boffin
Inis Turk etc

Ériu probably isn't etymogically related to Inis, which does mean "island". It originally probably meant "fertile", coming from an earlier "fiwerjo", stemming from PIE *piHwer- with extensions, a stem for fertility and richness (both in people and in objects like soil).

daydream

Banned
He visits me every year over Super Bowl weekend, so whenever that is this year. Usually first weekend in February. Videos should be good to go fairly soon after that.

Can't wait for this!

I have relation that live in Muckanaghederdauhaulia (that is a real place)

The name apparently means:

Ridge, shaped like a pig's back, between two expanses of briny water.

FW2oacs.gif

An bhfuil cead agam dul go dtí an leithreas?

pls stop rolling your head across the keyboard keyser

My first UPF is coming up! Being premium fucking rules - I feel like I've already gotten my money's worth out of it so far, and I've only been onboard for a little less than a week.

It says on the site it starts at 5:30 though... is that eastern time? Is this going to overlap with the VGAs?

My first UPF is coming up! Being premium fucking rules - I feel like I've already gotten my money's worth out of it so far, and I've only been onboard for a little less than a week.

It says on the site it starts at 5:30 though... is that eastern time? Is this going to overlap with the VGAs?

it's your local time, which I assume is central

Liamc723

I know this is quite a vague description, but I can't remember the name of a certain game for the life of me, and I THINK Brad has tweeted about it in the past.

It was an indie game, only currently coming to the PC, in first-person, I think you were like a sort of climber, and there were those hut things in the mountains which people use to communicate by lighting them on fire? It had a funky art style too.

Does anyone recognise this?

And you've also got access to a huge backlog of great content that's locked behind the premium membership. When I first jumped in (Around the time Brad was playing Demon Souls) I spent hours and hours just watching old UPF's and "Random PC Games". Good times.

sixghost

Speaking of Ireland, are there any good books or movies about how Ireland became independent of Britain? I realized I basically know nothing about that.

Tamanon

Banned
Premium has been worth it for me for just the Metal Gear Scanlon series thus far. Haven't even mined the earlier content yet.

it's your local time, which I assume is central
How very nice of them to adjust it accordingly! I never set my time zone, but I guess they just stalked my IP address. I approve.

And you've also got access to a huge backlog of great content that's locked behind the premium membership. When I first jumped in (Around the time Brad was playing Demon Souls) I spent hours and hours just watching old UPF's and "Random PC Games". Good times.
Yeah, it's awesome. I have a desk job, and the past couple weeks have been incredibly slow - I've been plowing through some Metal Gear Scanlon to pass the time at work, and listening to the power bombcasts on my commutes.

<3 you, GB

Speaking of Ireland, are there any good books or movies about how Ireland became independent of Britain? I realized I basically know nothing about that.

it probably won't teach you very much about the history, but The Wind that Shakes the Barley takes place during the war of independence and is a great friggin movie. of course there's always Michael Collins too.

Zaph

I know this is quite a vague description, but I can't remember the name of a certain game for the life of me, and I THINK Brad has tweeted about it in the past.

It was an indie game, only currently coming to the PC, in first-person, I think you were like a sort of climber, and there were those hut things in the mountains which people use to communicate by lighting them on fire? It had a funky art style too.

A Story About My Uncle?

Michael Collins tells a somewhat fictionalized tale, but it would be good to get an overview of stuff, and is a good movie too...

00gHCuO.jpg

jgminto

Firewatch?

Bacon

The Dan and danny podcast is something special. Dan is the perfect addition to giantbomb, so glad he was hired.

Dan's dad talking about the Blarney stone being why Irish people could suck their own dicks was glorious and quick wit. Good stuff.

Really? I took my description from the first trailer I saw of it. The hut bit is wrong, but I knew there was fire somewhere in it!
Yeah! You're basically a dude in a tower in the middle of a forest making sure people know if there's a fire. Thus, you're firewatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom