• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure pops up in the comments, though! Five mentions in the first 20 comments.

Yup. If it was there, it would win because the Giant Bomb community wouldn't let any other game on that list win.

I tweeted the link to Jeff because there may be some games on there that he would like to see come to PS4 instead of having to set up his NeoGeo to play them.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...-to-ps4-vita-more-neogeo-classics-on-the-way/

This post on PS Blog introduces Metal Slug 3 to PS4. They also say they are bringing many more NeoGeo games to PS4 and we can vote for them. They have so many games from NeoGeo, except for the one that really matters to us..... Windjammers. Imagine if it was, though.

It sure pops up in the comments, though! Five mentions in the first 20 comments.

Windjammers won Housemarques poll about a game they want to should re-imagine.

Dan should do a solo-stream of TGA considering how many other streams he's missed recently due to prioritizing drunken shenanigans over his job.

Neo Turf Masters

(I did not click the link so I don't know if this is eligible.)

ART OF FIGHTING 2
FATAL FURY SPECIAL
GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES
THE KING OF FIGHTERS ’97
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000
THE LAST BLADE 2
METAL SLUG X
NEO TURF MASTERS
REAL BOUT FATAL FURY 2: THE NEWCOMERS
SAMURAI SHODOWN II
SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL
SENGOKU 3
SHOCK TROOPERS: 2nd SQUAD
TWINKLE STAR SPRITES
THE ULTIMATE 11: SNK FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

UPF confirmed! (If it wasn't already)

It's not on the upcoming schedule at the moment. Did someone from the GB confirm it?

Darkstalkers 3(?)

Belive

Vampire Savior 3 already came out, and it was ok. I never understood the love for those games outside of how amazing the animation was. Actually playing them always felt like you were playing a weirdly well produced Street Fighter 2 knockoff from the earlier 90s.

Also, listening to the GDC 2010 podcasts is kinda disheartening, hearing how Irrational and 38 Studios were right in the middle of recruitment and hiring : /

popo

That Streer Fighter 5 thread is great to compare to the Tomb Raider 2 one from earlier in the year.

Tomb Raider was people pretending to be all scandalised at a publisher selling exclusivity. SF5 one is 90% "I have a PS4 so I don't give a fuck".

Bacon

That Streer Fighter 5 thread is great to compare to the Tomb Raider 2 one from earlier in the year.

Tomb Raider was people pretending to be all scandalised at a publisher selling exclusivity. SF5 one is 90% "I have a PS4 so I don't give a fuck".

It's amazing how much the first impressions of these consoles still shape the discourse surrounding them today.

But the situation is totally different because previously it was Tomb Raider being Xbox One exclusive and now it's Street Fighter V being Playstation 4 exclusive. Like more than half of those words are different.
I wouldn't blame all of it on console bias, with TR2, it was a previously announced multiplatform game that suddenly became exclusive to one console
This keeps popping up (in the SFV thread) and I'm yet to see a single link indicating that it was announced as a multiplat game.

I wouldn't blame all of it on console bias, with TR2, it was a previously announced multiplatform game that suddenly became exclusive to one console whereas SFV was never portrayed as a multiplatform game. That and MS denying PC gamers TR2 more than likely riled up quite a few PC gamers

It helps that they also announced a PC release alongside it, which means there's an alternative to this whole console exclusivity nonsense. Also, it's Street Fighter, they'll eventually put some version that shit on anything that isn't a wii console.

It helps that they also announced a PC release alongside it, which means there's an alternative to this whole console exclusivity nonsense. Also, it's Street Fighter, they'll eventually put some version that shit on anything that isn't a wii console.

True, with all those gaf insiders confirming SFV is completely exclusive, I wouldn't be surprised if 3-6 months down the line Capcom releases SSFV:ALPHA or something, no way Sony could buy up exclusivity for the "remakes/upgrades" to the base game and no way Capcom doesn't try to milk SF for all its worth

Fjolle

But the situation is totally different because previously it was Tomb Raider being Xbox One exclusive and now it's Street Fighter V being Playstation 4 exclusive. Like more than half of those words are different.

This keeps popping up (in the SFV thread) and I'm yet to see a single link indicating that it was announced as a multiplat game.

They announced it without mentioning any platforms, so i guess people just thought that it was multiplatform.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I wouldn't blame all of it on console bias, with TR2, it was a previously announced multiplatform game that suddenly became exclusive to one console whereas SFV was never portrayed as a multiplatform game. That and MS denying PC gamers TR2 more than likely riled up quite a few PC gamers

The shady way they tried to announce it as an exclusive when it was a timed exclusive really pissed a lot of people off too.

I'm not really giving it a pass though, paying for exclusivity on long-standing multiplatform franchises is gross, and unlike Bayonetta 2 there's no doubt in my mind that Street Fighter 5 would have existed without console manufacturer input. Either that or Capcom is just about ready to close its doors and whatever decisions are made don't really matter anyway.

graboids

Made this since Dan found out about Joe Dirt 2....

2706561-dandirt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom