• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixghost

I like the contrast between yesterday's "Gerstmann is so jaded and hates games these days" and today's Jeff talking about how he feels like a teenager over a new Street Fighter.

Where were they talking about the SF5 announcement?

Also, what was the difficulty that Brad was playing The Last of Us on? I remember him talking about how it made the combat more interesting. Is that the recommended way to play through that game?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
B4HihD7CMAAbFNA.jpg

shine on dan

Aerocrane

No QL for The Crew?

We got the unfinished of the beta and Jeff tweeted about server issues. Maybe when he started playing it he didn't like it and decided against doing a quick look. I really like playing the game, but there are some really bad things about it.

Dan,

Can we please get your dad on the Bombcast in February?
His dad is awesome, but I don't think he'd do well on a bombcast. As off topic as they can be, at some point the discussion shifts to video games and he wouldn't really have anything to say on current video game news or game related emails.

His dad is awesome, but I don't think he'd do well on a bombcast. As off topic as they can be, at some point the discussion shifts to video games and he wouldn't really have anything to say on current video game news or game related emails.

Well he'd know if Zelda picked up a coin, that's more than anyone except Dan knows about Nintendo.

AM I RITE?

Danny not knowing that New Jersey is a state made me feel bad :lol

he has to learn 50 states.

I'm still not entirely sure what, exactly, constitutes the United Kingdom.

Also, did you know that northern ireland is part of the UK but the rest of Ireland isn't? and that ireland in its entirety includes nothern ireland, even though it's also part of the UK?

i'm sure i got some of that wrong, BTW, but i'm doing my best here.

Nishastra

Banned

Also, did you know that northern ireland is part of the UK but the rest of Ireland isn't? and that ireland in its entirety includes nothern ireland, even though it's also part of the UK?

There are two main islands. Ireland and Britain. The island of Ireland has two countries on it, the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.

Northern Ireland is part of the UK.

The UK is England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

From what I understand (I'm probably wrong here), the full name is The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and consists mainly of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland (and other smaller islands), while Great Britain is just England, Scotland, and Wales.

It's not that he didn't know it, he did know it but it was the only state where he said, "that's not a state, right?" I guess it would make sense for foreigners to think we're a NYC borough.

I actually thought the opposite for quite a while, that New Jersey was the state and New York was a city in it. I still don't know what (or how big) NYC's boroughs are.

Getting into the EPL is the only reason I know anything about how the breakdown of United Kingdom vs Great Britain vs British Isles works.

Great Britain = England, Scotland, Wales
United Kingdom = Those 3 + Northern Ireland

I actually thought the opposite for quite a while, that New Jersey was the state and New York was a city in it. I still don't know what (or how big) NYC's boroughs are.

NYC is the the isle of Manhattan, (which the state of New Jersey is directly west of across the Hudson River), the counties of Kings (known as Brooklyn) and Queens on the island of Long Island which is directly east of Manhattan (which also has two other counties on it east of Queens but those are not considered part of NYC and are referred to as "Long Island"), Bronx is the only borough of NYC that is on the mainland which is directly north of Manhattan, and then there's Staten Island which is it's own island southeast of Manhattan and nobody ever remembers it exists.

HBP

in lieu of Danny, I'm actually from Ireland - hit me with your questions

Do you know where Missouri is and do you know that each state has a Kansas City? Just curious I always hear on broadcasts and concerts people not from here (even people from other states) always refer Kansas City, MO as "Kansas".

NYC is the the isle of Manhattan, (which the state of New Jersey is directly west of across the Hudson River), the counties of Kings (known as Brooklyn) and Queens on the island of Long Island which is directly east of Manhattan (which also has two other counties on it east of Queens but those are not considered part of NYC and are referred to as "Long Island"), Bronx is the only borough of NYC that is on the mainland which is directly north of Manhattan, and then there's Staten Island which is it's own island southeast of Manhattan and nobody ever remembers it exists.

This is me reading your explanation after a handful of beers:
183.gif

Dazzler

Do you know where Missouri is and do you know that each state has a Kansas City? Just curious I always hear on broadcasts and concerts people not from here (even people from other states) always refer Kansas City, MO as "Kansas".

I couldn't pick out Missouri on a map - I did know both have a Kansas City. I live in Canada and follow MLS/NFL/MLB so you hear it mentioned sometimes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom