• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearPawB

Banned
No idea. Awards shows of any kind (for any industry) are never a good watch. Any good that comes out of it (trailers I guess) will have a thread on GAF in seconds anyway.

I am going to catch up on Haven... night all. Haven is a good show guys.

i dont really care who they give the awards too. But it is worth watching just to follow the live responses on twitter/gaf

SmithnCo

No idea. Awards shows of any kind (for any industry) are never a good watch. Any good that comes out of it (trailers I guess) will have a thread on GAF in seconds anyway.

I am going to catch up on Haven... night all. Haven is a good show guys.

If it's a disaster the thread is always fun. Looks decent this year though.

Tan

I always enjoy watching big shows like this regardless of quality.

If you can't find joy in seeing Jessica Alba introduce Dark Souls to the world, then I feel for you.

This Game Awards Show Thing intro is already better than anything the VGAs ever did. I'm not saying it's great, but it's very reverent in a way I didn't expect.

I'm going to Hoodslam alone tonight. I'm just letting someone know in case something happens to me. Let it be know it was all Dan's fault.

Ps Dan if you and the guys are around I'd be more than happy to buy you a round.

daydream

Banned
This Game Awards Show Thing intro is already better than anything the VGAs ever did. I'm not saying it's great, but it's very reverent in a way I didn't expect.

Yeah, I quickly tuned in for the beginning and it actually seemed alright.

I think the most off-putting thing for me about these shows might be the crowd, weirdly. Just makes me cringe (for lack of a better word), like, keep it together, jeez.

Granted, that's probably on me.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
IanRJhb.jpg

Renpatsu

Yeah, I quickly tuned in for the beginning and it actually seemed alright.

I think the most off-putting thing for me about these shows might be the crowd, weirdly. Just makes me cringe (for lack of a better word), like, keep it together, jeez.

Granted, that's probably on me.
Still not as classy as the BAFTAs, but that's to be expected. It's the best incarnation of the VGA style thus far without becoming obnoxious.

I don't have the energy right now to explain to people why having cancer doesn't absolve TB from being a complete asshole, so I'm at least glad that part is over.

also Imagine Dragons? who do they think the audience for this show is?

daydream

Banned
Still not as classy as the BAFTAs, but that's to be expected. It's the best incarnation of the VGA style thus far without becoming obnoxious.

Apparently Destiny won something and Jeff got snubbed.

I take it all back, the audience AND the show suck! *knocks over magazine rack*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom