• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Wasn't the point that it was hard to translate because there weren't line breaks? so 22 could be 2, 2 or 22? I'm not dealing with this nonsense.

Hahaha from that tweet thread. Never thought about that (I read it on Kindle)

Rob Samuel ‏@RobSamuel4 26m26 minutes ago
@drewscanlon I'm listening to the audiobook and there is fifteen minutes of just numbers.

The raid in TDB is fucking insane, at least the first 20 or 30 min of it that I watched last night. It's just swarm after swarm of Hive rushing you. Honestly, that's what all the regular campaign missions that send you into the Hive strongholds should have been like.

It's a shame that the whole exotic upgrade thing really fucked over the most dedicated players. That kind of cancels out the positive stuff.

It's also becoming clearer and clearer that TDB and House of Wolves are cut content that were meant to be in the game at launch.

Why do you say that?

Megasoum

Banned
I did the audiobook thing. it's fucking nuts

Hahahahaha this is amazing. Never thought about that before (I never actually listened to an audio book).

I just started reading Jurassic Park again yesterday, there's a ton of technical transcriptions and computer stuff in there. Must be amazing.

Also, I never realized that you could find full audio books on youtube. Sometimes it's so easy that's you miss it.

Sphere is a great book but the movie is balls.

Yeah I rewatched it last week-end (first time since Movie theaters)....My god it is terrible lol.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

2q9vqdc.gif

Driveclub is actually the best racing game ever made, but Jeff Gerstmann.

I feel like I've read "but for some reason Jeff Gerstmann dislikes the game" multiple times now. It's always weird exclusives that a bunch of people go "no man u gotta listen" over.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Little did we know is that goty shooting is code for shooting enemies in the dark below.

Which means destiny wins goty.

I thought the Dark Below was some sort of quirky indie game on steam and i felt like i had lost it, i didn't know about the latest quirky pc indie game and now i'm officially out of the loop.

I'm glad to hear it's just bungie trying to upset everyone again instead.

Myggen

They already gave it more than it deserves.

I would say that that game came and went, but that would imply that anyone cared about it in the first place. Man that game just dropped without people noticing. I wonder what the sales figures are.

Anyways, Jeff has been playing it (or trying to play it) for a little while no, so I expect something to go up this week.

I would say that that game came and went, but that would imply that anyone cared about it in the first place. Man that game just dropped without people noticing. I wonder what the sales figures are.

Anyways, Jeff has been playing it (or trying to play it) for a little while no, so I expect something to go up this week.

It's not doing so hot on metacritic. It's a shame, too. I thought it looked like it could be pretty cool.

Tan

I had no idea it was even out. I've gotten way too reliant on giant bomb for knowing when game's have actually dropped.

Myggen

It's not doing so hot on metacritic. It's a shame, too. I thought it looked like it could be pretty cool.

The game has been in development hell for years now, from what I understand. Them not giving out review copies pre release with the Destiny excuse didn't exactly inspire confidence either.

Jeff Gerstmann @jeffgerstmann · 16 minutes ago
Finally starting on the “art project” part of my Game of the Year contribution.

kingocfs

Driveclub is actually the best racing game ever made, but Jeff Gerstmann.

I feel like I've read "but for some reason Jeff Gerstmann dislikes the game" multiple times now. It's always weird exclusives that a bunch of people go "no man u gotta listen" over.

The Jeff vitriol in that thread...

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
What is the context for this in the book? I've only ever seen the movie.

Computer speaking to the crew in code before it starts communicating in English. At one point it sends a super long message which is comprised of a specific chunk of code repeated several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom