• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan's personal financial goal should be to get a copy of that book, signed, in the hands of every goddamn Giant Bomb person he can find.

FluxWaveZ

It's surprising that people seem to like DriveClub so much on GAF, it seemed to be real bad listening to Jeff talk about it.

Jeff also heavily disliked Catherine, while most really enjoyed it. It's just his opinion, like anything else.

Still waiting on the free version to try out Driveclub for myself.

None of the QLs they said they were going to try to do last week ever happened so I can only assume that a Brad filibuster is to blame.

Aerobatics

Neo Member
Man, all you guys speculating are forgetting Wolfenstein, that game was great, I don't think they'll forget that game, seeing as how most of you are kinda struggling to even come up with 10 games they really liked.

If anything but bayonetta 2 wins though, video games are dead.

Myggen

It's surprising that people seem to like DriveClub so much on GAF, it seemed to be real bad listening to Jeff talk about it.

It's mixed; some people really hate it, most seem indifferent. The game has a very, very loud fanbase here on GAF though. I did eventually try that game at a friend's place, found it to be a pretty mediocre arcade-ish racer with way too few features and broken multiplayer. Nothing to get too excited about, but I bet it being a console exclusive helps for some people too. It's pretty much the only racer on the PS4 until The Crew came out, and that game seemed to be DOA:

They also did a balance patch post launch which removed some of the harsh penalties that Jeff didn't like. Still, his fundamental problem with the game was the handling, and that's of course pretty subjective unless it's Big Rigs or some game like that. Most people seem to have pretty much forgotten about the game, it only comes up when they fix something that should've been there from day one now.

I would definitely count nu-Wolf as "best surprise." Game was really good. I don't know how many of them actually played it though.

I think most of them did. Jeff and Dan really liked it, Brad, Alex and Patrick too IIRC.

I would definitely count nu-Wolf as "best surprise." Game was really good. I don't know how many of them actually played it though.

daydream

Banned
I feel weird now. I can only assume this is the Boobah Zone that I've heard so much about.

*distorted* w̻̜̻͈̺͍̓̈̄ẖ͡ă̷͆ͧţ͇̀ͣ ̶̭̖͖͗̌̑̋͊̐bͩͭ̀ͯ̾̏̀ō͑͐ͮ̽ȏ̩͕̠͎̽́ͥ̔͐ͨ̀ͅb̻à͎͕̪͂̈͆̇̇̍͞ḧ́̒̎̔ͪ́ͦ ̬̪̮͈̾̄̏́z̨̰o̗̗͖͛ṉ̦̞̩̪̻͎ȅ͙̣ͧ̇̇͢

look what you've done to the giant bomb thread, giant bomb. People are sitting around, wondering about tags and stuff. please, save this thread from itself

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I hope Brad played some more of Divinity. That game deserves some recognition, but Patrick is the only one who finished it.

Volotaire

Jeff and Alex was saying on the Mixlr stream this morning (or last night to him) that the podcast for this week was a good one. Can't wait.

*distorted* w̜͈͍̓̄h͡ăͧţ̀ ̶̖͗̑͊bͩ̀̾̀ō͐̽ȏ̩̠͎́̔ͨb̻à͎̪̈̇̍ḧ́̎ͪͦ ̬̮̾̏z̨o̗͛ṉ̞̪͎ẹ̏̇͢

Witchcraft.

Meanwhile, Bungie marches proudly onward in their campaign of giving all their customers the middle finger.

I know you guys are tired of hearing about Destiny, but I hope they tear it one final additional asshole in the goty podcasts.

edit: translations for non-Destiny players- they appear to have moved the previous end-game content behind the new DLC paywall. i.e., upgrade or you'll have nothing to play.

popo

when les moonves realizes what he's done and kicks out giant bomb in five years, dan and dave will begin a long bidding war. if dan wins they should all move into his dad's house and film from there.

I hear Grumpy Cat is buying Giant Bomb. She really likes Jeff's positive attitude.

daydream

Banned
So, this week's Bombcast OP will be a bit more low-key after last week's crazy one but Ren and I liked the theme so you'll have to deal with it. Also, we're slowly getting into the Christmas spirit. The real banger for that should come next week, however.

Meanwhile, Bungie marches proudly onward in their campaign of giving all their customers the middle finger.

I know you guys are tired of hearing about Destiny, but I hope they tear it one final additional asshole in the goty podcasts.

edit: translations for non-Destiny players- they appear to have moved the previous end-game content behind the new DLC paywall. i.e., upgrade or you'll have nothing to play.

GOTYcasts are recorded, so probably too late for that (or today's Bombcast, for that matter). At best, we'll get a good Jeff tweet out of it and they may talk about it next week if they don't forget.

Great decision btw, lol.

This news is happening after they've recorded all the GoTY podcasts, I think. Not sure we'll hear them address it.

edit: Beaten by the daydreaming

demidar

Bungie trying really hard to expose themselves as frauds.

Was that a RedLetterMedia reference?

tumblr_mo50t2g0Gw1qmqm7ro1_500.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So is vinny excluded from this years GOTY, since he has been home and havent played that much..or has he?
He has probably played some since then, assuming he had some quiet days. On older podcasts he would often casually mention how he finished this or that game and you realized that he had to have played more than any other member of the site, despite being the video guy. Always blew my mind.

Apart from that it would be a crime to have him in town and not on the podcasts.

He has probably played some since then, assuming he had some quiet days. On older podcasts he would often casually mention how he finished this or that game and you realized that he had to have played more than any other member of the site, despite being the video guy. Always blew my mind.

Apart from that it would be a crime to have him in town and not on the podcasts.

it helped that he never had to review games (i think he's only done a review or two for Ratchet and Clank games) so he could spend his time holding onto gamefly rentals as long as he liked, he had no obligation to play anything.

It's one of the reasons he's missed on the podcasts. Everyone else on the staff has to play games for reviews, and drew doesn't have to but that damn jerk has like a real life and stuff and isn't consumed by gaming like the rest of the folks.

Dany

Banned
Is the podcast up

i wonder if they set their steam, xbone and psn profiles to offline to keep it a secret what gamethey're quick looking.

Hahaha, wow, holy shit. As if the exotic upgrade and currency changes weren't enough of a kick in the junk to keep me away. They can fuck right off with that.

derFeef

Is the podcast up

i wonder if they set their steam, xbone and psn profiles to offline to keep it a secret what gamethey're quick looking.

It wont say the game title for unreleased games on Steam at least anyway, and surely they try to avoid silly pop ups like friend requests, messages and stuff.

Megasoum

Banned
It wont say the game title for unreleased games on Steam at least anyway, and surely they try to avoid silly pop ups like friend requests, messages and stuff.

I think he's talking about when they are recording the GOTY videos.

But it's a non issue this year since they are not quicklooking the GOTY winners anymore.

Megasoum

Banned
The problem with GOTY is that it all comes out while I'm on vacation at home.

I kinda hate listening to podcasts while not at work (or in the subway) since I always need to do 2-3 things at the same time.

Welp... I guess I need to start playing Wow again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom