• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

Also Brad being befuddled by holding pieces was really amusing to me. That has been part of Tetris now for so long.

erawsd

Dan just knows how hilariously angry people get over stupid stuff on the internet and leans into it. Some of the replies he gets on Twitter are so funny. People take everyone way way too seriously.

Yeah, its really baffling that people cannot see that they are being played.

Ketch

warframe stuff

ehhh, I kind of disagree that the mod system offers a lot of customization. It's just more of an upgrade path. Most frames and equipment will use the same basic optimal mod setups, all of which are generally just pick your combination of +% to damage, effeciency, range, etc. The only customization is customizing how high you want to increase those numbers. Adding forma (or "repolarizing") doesn't really do anything except let you grind more to increaset those numbers even higher.

void missions are the closest thing to an end game, but they're still just more of the same with a different tileset and modified enemy types. They are harder, but still suffer from the same artificial difficulty through increasing enemy hitpoints as other missions. And they do drop better gear then normal missions (which don't drop any gear)... but it's still just another way to grind in order to unlock more things for you to grind on.

Anybody knows how's Puyo Puyo Tetris? I think Jeff has received an Xbox One copy during the final stream of 2014 so I hope he still plans on doing a quick look of it.

Jeff said on his Mixlr last night that he'll record a QL of it eventually, he hasn't really fooled around with it much yet.

Am I losing my goddamn mind or does your avatar change color every once in a while?
I don't know what you're talkin͏̩ͅg̯̞̲͜ ̷̰̖͎̗̥̦̜á̼̼͖̱b̴̟̰͙o̹͘u̮̝̩͖ͅt͏̦. ̡E̤̗̤̟̞ͅv͓e̼̠̭̩̥̮͜ŗ̗̺̤̭y̴t̖͙̘̘̠̰͟h̻̫i̴̡̯̞̱̠̬̜͜͡n̕͏̖͔̳̭̠̫̱͖̫̘̺̥̮͎̘̟̫̳͞ͅg̰͙͙̱͕̜̻͙̳͜͠ ̛̹̤͓̩͎͇̯̮͉̱̫͍͍͘ͅi̢̢̕͞҉͉̳̫̞̟̝̗̰͍͇̲͚̹̘̙̖ş͈̫̟͖̘̲̀͘͞ ̸͈͕̖̗̖͓̥̱̹̝̖̖̦̠̘̣̹̀̕f̸̩̖̗̩̱̘͝͞i͠҉͏̯̜̣̞͖̩̠̠̳̰̗͍̺̲͈n҉҉̸̤͈̤̙̭̼̯͜͝e̘͍̞͙͇̱̟͈̖̗͓͕̣͟.̵͏̸͕̘̱̣͖͓̫̙̱͘͝ͅ

LOL @ the end of Ryckert cast.

Dan's Dad thinking hooking up the wii via component cables would increase his cable bill
"I literally wanted to punch you in the face for saying that"

AcridMeat

Banned
The ultimate tragedy of GiantBomb is that I love Jeff's, Brad's and Alex's writing (can't comment on Dan though I liked his reviews) when they choose to write something. I know some people don't like Alex's snark but as for me I can't get enough of it (well I can cause there is not a lot and...you get what I mean)
I'd love to see a few more articles by them, not about news or so but stuff like this.
People can say what they will about Alex, but he's a great writer. I also really miss reading Jeff and Brad's work. It would be amazing to see more from them. Even if it was just once a month, or whenever they fancied something to write up, maybe that they couldn't fit in the podcast.
Oh hey SAI works okay on this laptop I guess

B6vFhicCcAAFSfD.png:large
This is awesome!
That's the same kind of cheating that leads people to insane theories like "Borderlands and Destiny aren't terrible games if you play them with other people." You don't like musicals, you just like being drunk.
Borderlands is fun. D:

Dan is making himself look like an idiot again on Twitter.

Nah. Eric Pope, Casey Malone (seriously, who is this guy) Brad and John Drake are by being sub-tweeting, little babies. Friggin' nerds are the only people who get so agitated by the kind of media someone likes/dislikes.

Nah. Eric Pope, Casey Malone (seriously, who is this guy) Brad and John Drake are by being sub-tweeting, little babies. Friggin' nerds are the only people who get so agitated by the kind of media someone likes/dislikes.

isn't dan the one who started the whole thing by wanting attention and tweeting about how dumb it is that people still like plays and whatever

isn't that getting agitated by the kind of media someone likes

Fjordson

I'm assuming they're (mostly) kidding.

Though if they're actually angry like your average twitter clown then that's pretty funny.

LiK

Casey is a dev, comedian and friend of the site.

Bacon

So from what I understand, sub tweeting is basically tweeting about someone without that person knowing?

Twitter gossip?

Zebetite

Banned
edit: Oh and I forgot to mention, the post credits sequence was really dumb and I loved it.

You had any doubts that I'm going to grow up to be Revolver Ocelot? CHECK OUT THESE DUDES I DOUBLE CROSSED

SCRATCH THAT, I'M TRIPLE CROSSING THEM I WAS ON YOUR SIDE ALL ALONG

GET THIS, THE GUY WHOSE NAME IS ADAM WAS ACTUALLY "ADAM" ALL ALONG

I AM SO GREAT. Aren't I, Mr. Director?

*ba-da ba-duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun*

komplanen

So far Dan has focused on things like anime and (today) musicals which no one likes. Just you all wait when he starts trolling normal adults and the things we like. People will hate his guts lmao.

just started warframe last night and yet it seems interesting so far (the story seems barebones so but i'm intrigued and also your ship AI is a fucking asshole lol).

also saw the mods screen for the mods screen and went hmmmm.

let's see how far i can go without paying anything

Brakke

Banned
Didja all already pick apart Jeff's "games I'm looking forward to" thing? I'm really curious what those guys think about the future of the News tab on the site. I guess it didn't really occur to me until after Patrick left that he was doing pretty much 100% of the writing for the last few months. I wonder if any of them care about or have interest in doing any writing at all any more.

this thread teaches me a lot of really stupid slang. OTP, shipping, fujoshi...

These are the best tho. I dunno about fujoshi I'm not going to look it up it's probably something I shouldn't look at at work right??

Didja all already pick apart Jeff's "games I'm looking forward to" thing? I'm really curious what those guys think about the future of the News tab on the site. I guess it didn't really occur to me until after Patrick left that he was doing pretty much 100% of the writing for the last few months. I wonder if any of them care about or have interest in doing any writing at all any more.

These are the best tho. I dunno about fujoshi I'm not going to look it up it's probably something I shouldn't look at at work right??

Well Jeff did say on his tumblr that new person they're hiring has to have experience writing up news on a daily basis, so I assume that the news tab will be even more important when that person is hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom