• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's infuriating that Henk Rogers has almost certainly made more money out of Tetris than Alexey Pajitnov. I'm sure he did well out of Hexic being a pack-in though.

So what's up with everyone saying that Peace Walker plays bad? A few hours in the moment-to-moment gameplay is more fun than any of the earlier games (not having played MGS4). The bite-sized missions are great and the updated CQC actually makes me want to go beat up the enemies (and fulton them to the base).

Alright, I posted this a couple of days ago, but I figured some people may have missed it and I also recently got nginx working so that I can now host the site on a proper subdomain, so:
I made a website that redirects you to a random GB video from a selected category (Quick Looks, Subscriber, ...) or a random Bombcast. It'll stay up-to-date because it uses the GB API to fetch new videos daily and it does the same for the podcast as well.

http://random-gb-video.wambo.at/

Alucrid

Banned
Whales are that tiny percentage of players that provide the vast majority of revenue. Unless Jeff is dropping hundreds of dollars into the game periodically I don't think he'd qualify as a true whale.

In industry terms Jeff is clearly a narwhal. He is, perhaps, a rare individual that spends tens of dollars on microtransactions, but far less than a whale. The company doesn't target him, but they appreciate him nonetheless.

i think if he stuck with any game for long enough he would be

daydream

Banned
Sounds like Alex will be on the couch for Town With No Name later (in about ~3 hours) so make sure to catch that too.

57jXKzI.png

8Yubp9n.png

it's like the last express

eat your heart out jordan mechner

Cranzor

Did Alex go through the normal AGDQ submission process and everything? I can't believe I hadn't heard he was doing that run earlier.

Megasoum

Banned
Did Alex go through the normal AGDQ submission process and everything? I can't believe I hadn't heard he was doing that run earlier.

I think he was invited by somebody at AGDQ.

Also I just realized that we won't be able to hear him talk about it since there's no more Bombin.

Myggen

From what I heard he was asked to do a run by some of the people who organize the event (there's probably a bunch of GB fans there, I would guess). It was a $1 donation incentive for him to do it, so I doubt he had to go through any submission process. Looking forward to watching the run when I get home from work!

edit: I hear that Alex and Blueglass is sitting next to each other watching this run? A meeting of two legends!

the submission process is kind of a formality. basically in the past they've mostly just weighed the potential interest in the game you're submitting with how long the run is, etc. Alex took up a whole 7 minutes and it probably drove extra traffic so it was a no-brainer. especially since they've got a whole week this year and time isn't at that much of a premium.

daydream

Banned
Crunchyroll app is up on the european eShop now

i'll finally get to find out about hunterhunter

also, you guys should watch the Town With No Name run if you missed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom