• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Oh I finished Sphere yesterday. Definitely a quick page turner. Have no idea how they talked about it for 4 hours but looking forward to listening to that podcast.
so how many more console launches do you think you're going to be a part of?
SMg1vTp.gif

This many.

Brashnir

That baseball game looks alright. I'm sick of every single sports game having licensed players and no creativity whatsoever. Glad someone finally put out one that's got a bit of originality to it.

Which of course means it will sell like dogshit and we'll never see another one.

Splash Damage. Eh.

Looks a lot like Brink

Brink was unfortunately pretty awful, but I loved Quake Wars. Played a ton of that game, even played a few competitive games (though we lost horribly). Something really clicked with me with that game. I think it was the combination of some RTS elements and pretty solid, fast shooting mechanics. I also really liked that the two factions (Humans, Strogg) played pretty differently. The maps were really well designed and there were always multiple ways to achieve an objective. Man, that game was awesome. It didn't review too well and it wasn't super popular either, but I loved it.

justjim89

Scott Hall replied to (and apparently follows?) Dan on Twitter:

tumblr_nhvlebcNOj1u5eu8ao1_1280.png

And suddenly I'm reminded Scott Hall is a middle-aged Southern redneck and is probably a slightly racist conservative.

Scott Hall replied to (and apparently follows?) Dan on Twitter:

tumblr_nhvlebcNOj1u5eu8ao1_1280.png

And suddenly I'm reminded Scott Hall is a middle-aged Southern redneck and is probably a slightly racist conservative.

shuddup, he's a fucking cuban immigrant trying to make ends meet. had the 123 kid not stolen his sack of money, he would've probably retired ages ago.

Zaph

Brink was unfortunately pretty awful, but I loved Quake Wars. Played a ton of that game, even played a few competitive games (though we lost horribly). Something really clicked with me with that game. I think it was the combination of some RTS elements and pretty solid, fast shooting mechanics. I also really liked that the two factions (Humans, Strogg) played pretty differently. The maps were really well designed and there were always multiple ways to achieve an objective. Man, that game was awesome. It didn't review too well and it wasn't super popular either, but I loved it.
Fair play, Quake Wars was way better than it had any right to be. Shame it came out in 2007 in the middle of so many other fantastic shooters. Damn that year was insane.

Zebetite

Banned
The real news out of Vinny's writeup: someone, somewhere wrote the word "VinnyVania" on an internal memo and Vinny took a screen capture of it and remembered he has to beat Castlevania II this year.

daydream

Banned
First episode of Polar Bear Cafe was pretty legit. Greg is an anime expert after all.

I started the first episode earlier but only to test if it works. Will get into it tomorrow.

What I gathered after five minutes is that it's basically Octodad with a slacking panda kiddo, though, which I can dig.

Oh yeah, and the OP is pretty bad.

The real news out of Vinny's writeup: someone, somewhere wrote the word "VinnyVania" on an internal memo and Vinny took a screen capture of it and remembered he has to beat Castlevania II this year.

I asked about VinnyVania at the end of one of the failed PC builds (might have been the stream where Vinny announced his daughter's birth) and got a definitive yes, complete with point at camera.

I wouldn't worry about VinnyVania this year.

I'm a native so I have a kind of 6th sense when it comes to local weather. I stayed home on Tuesday on a hunch as all my coworkers took 3 hours to get to work and several got in accidents. Total disaster. This area can't handle seasons.

I live right outside of Annapolis, Maryland and it sounds like there are two more storms next week for our area. M/T looks like just wintery mix, but the ABC 2 affiliate in Baltimore said there could be an all snow event W/Th. I'm not sure I heard correctly, but they might have said if it becomes a Nor'easter, we could be seeing 6"-12".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM0YQXlNCWE

Frenden

Banned
I was never anti-Patrick. His content was fine. But it was definitely the content I looked at the least. I'm excited to see GBEast grow.

It's sad to see Patrick leave, but that seems a fair trade for the type of content I tend to consume from GB--videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom