• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a Daily Dota coached by Vinny
You have my permission.

I still remember Vinny's StarCraft 2 casting. Good stuff.
When did that happen?

I'd use GB's search tool.. but it straight-up doesn't search for things correctly.
(e.g. Searching Killzone 2 quick look in videos yields three results in the drop-down bar, but when you actually search it you get EVERYTHING EVER, instead. Bad example - that actually works.)

Was there ever a Daily Dota that tried to explain the game for newcomers?

I've always been vaguely interested in trying the game, but have played nary a moba in my time.

Was there ever a Daily Dota that tried to explain the game for newcomers?

I've always been vaguely interested in trying the game, but have played nary a moba in my time.

Play with bots for fifty hours to learn all the heroes, basic mechanics, items, and novice strategies. Then, enter multiplayer and get crushed for three to five hundred hours to become an initiate DotAer. Spend over five hundred or more in the real money shop to reach Brad's level - sustainer. At this point you won't be able to stop, so you'd best enjoy it.

DotA2: Defense of the Ancients; or, Remember: you're here forever.

Did GB stop doing an ad free podcast for members, or is it just my podcast app not downloading them anymore?

I noticed it stopped around the holidays and I assumed it was just because they were on vacation or something but it hasn't popped up since then.

Fjolle

Did GB stop doing an ad free podcast for members, or is it just my podcast app not downloading them anymore?

I noticed it stopped around the holidays and I assumed it was just because they were on vacation or something but it hasn't popped up since then.

I'm pretty sure they changed the feed for the premium podcast. But that was a long time ago.

Myggen

New feed. They separated the Bombcast premium podcasts from the other premium podcasts.

edit: Hope the Powerbombcast goes up on the site before the Royal Rumble. Alex now being in Texas makes me doubt it.

Myggen

Jeff Gerstmann @jeffgerstmann · 19 minutes ago

Haven’t even been out of town for six hours and already @bradshoemaker has ICP in the top slot. What a fucking juggalo.

wow, Vinny really has a shitty camera :(

and is he at home?

At the studio. And it isn't his camera, it's connection problems with Skype that only allows audio and low quality image for some reason.

B7_OXioCMAAQyK-.png:large

new quick look needed

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7_OXioCMAAQyK-.png:large[IMG]

new quick look needed[/QUOTE]

Scott is a visionary.
[quote="giant_frying_pan, post: 148688747"][url]http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/thursday-night-throwdown-021011-free/2300-3784/[/url]

There was another one with Jeff and Vinny commentating which was either a Happy Hour or BLLSL I think.[/QUOTE]

Excellent, thanks a lot!

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Did they really take out the entire custom character feature? That was like 50% of the draw for sr4 for me.

Edit also reading "san antone" reminded me of this classic song

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like how Dan talked about how the game's not that long but there's all these collectibles/upgrades.

Like the most blatant arbitrary 'no but really there's content!' I've seen in quite some time.

BREAKING NEWS: The Meme Run Bigley update also replaces the noscope sniper rifle with a MS Paint version of the sniper rifle. The creators claim that it was done "for lawlz," the Meme Run Miiverse community is convinced that it was to avoid copyright infringement.

Stay tuned to the Giant Bomb community thread for more news and updates on Meme Run.

strafer

I hate when games fate CO-OP like that.

You need to play for an amount to unlock it.

I just wanna pop in the game and play ffs.

LETHAL (to your ear drums) LEAGUE.
BREAKING NEWS: The Meme Run Bigley update also replaces the noscope sniper rifle with a MS Paint version of the sniper rifle. The creators claim that it was done "for lawlz," the Meme Run Miiverse community is convinced that it was to avoid copyright infringement.

Stay tuned to the Giant Bomb community thread for more news and updates on Meme Run.
That's a surprisingly dramatic turn. The idea that they're lying in fear of getting "abuse" / being seen as sellouts is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom