• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

komplanen

Fuck this Mario Party video is the best thing ever.

Dan: "Wow Yoshi just got hosed pretty bad!"
Jeff: "Well he's Yoshi, what do you expect? He's not human, he has no rights!"

BearPawB

Banned
I like Buffalo Wild Wings well enough. They have some good flavors (mango habenaro/asian zing
Ill go down there, watch a ufc and enjoy myself..
but acting like they are something special........hoooo boy

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Hey bro, you wanna climb a tower then jump off into a pile of something?

Yo I've got so many checkboxes for you to fill. Do you like XP bars? I know you do.

Haven't yet watched the QL but the streams I've watched make it look like a Dead Island Definitive Edition with parkour and meaningless sidequests.

Any truth to that?

Kind of? No? Does "Parkour" in this context just mean Brink movement where you can jump over ledges? It's nothing like Mirror's Edge and doesn't seem to allow for all that much creativity in traversal. Beyond that the analog combat isn't even an option, so it kind of looks terrible from the start since that was the only novelty that kept me playing Dead Island at all.

Hey bro, you wanna climb a tower then jump off into a pile of something?

Once I climb the tower will it highlight the missions and side objects I can do in the area on my map?

Because I dont think I know how to discover content in a open world any other way anymore. Anything else and I would be lost, walking around in circles endlessly.

JayEH

So, Dying Light sure is a AAA video game isn't it.

Yeah, I was considering picking it up but I'll wait for a sale. Tired of this homogeneous open world game design. Kojima save us please.

Yeah, I really can't stand these types of games. It's grating at this point. But I guess people keep buying them and the press keep giving them praise.

This looks just like every Ubisoft game. Including Mordor.

I tried getting into Mordor multiple times and just couldn't. I didn't think the nemesis system was all that great and everything else about the game felt like a worse Batman/Assassin's Creed.

Once I climb the tower will it highlight the missions and side objects I can do in the area on my map?

Because I dont think I know how to discover content in a open world any other way anymore. Anything else and I would be lost, walking around in circles endlessly.

Well buddy do I have the game for you. Ever heard of a little series called Assassin's Creed?

v9ntibbpygmfd0mnmqkq.png

Corgi

Banned
Some of those content require you to play their f2p mobile game to unlock too. That value!

Dying light looks OK. Love the exchange

" game is seems fine."

" yeah doesn't seem to be crashes or anything."

Remember when fine games meant good games? XD

Ketch

this dying light quick look.... I don't know if I'm gonna make it to the good part.

I don't know if brad's gonna make it to the good part.

This two block square of the game looks pretty at least.

Watching other people play video games man
7F95BB4BAE8F633AEEF7CB242EA3D4B2BF13B413

JUST FUCKING GO SOMEWHERE

this dying light quick look.... I don't know if I'm gonna make it to the good part.

I don't know if brad's gonna make it to the good part.

This two block square of the game looks pretty at least.

Watching other people play video games man
7F95BB4BAE8F633AEEF7CB242EA3D4B2BF13B413

JUST FUCKING GO SOMEWHERE

Brad has to explore and open everything, even on a one off save used only for a Quick Look. I found the QL to be pretty good, got me interested in a game I hadn't been before.

Ketch

Brad has to explore and open everything, even on a one off save used only for a Quick Look. I found the QL to be pretty good, got me interested in a game I hadn't been before.

I mean, I wouldn't call the first 30 minutes exploring as much as running around in circle talking about random aspects of the game without showing anything. But it goes for much longer so it's easy to not care too much... it's just yea, watching other people play games sometimes is a special kind of frustration.

tchocky

I mean, I wouldn't call the first 30 minutes exploring as much as running around in circle talking about random aspects of the game without showing anything. But it goes for much longer so it's easy to not care too much... it's just yea, watching other people play games sometimes is a special kind of frustration.

Run around in circles not showing anything is something Brad has a habit of doing in open world qls. I recall Jeff calling him on it during a Dead Rising video.

I totally agree, that gets on my nerves too for sure, I guess I enjoyed the game enough to over look it, plus I'm a fan of Rorie QL's.

Myggen

I'm totally with Dan on this. Fuck mcdonalds breakfast foods, give me a big mac over anything on their breakfast menu any day of the week.

Yep, if I'm going to McDonalds I'm gonna buy a proper burger, none of this breakfast shit. If I'm gonna destroy myself I prefer it to be a burger and some fries.

Novoitus

Banned
Man I love Rorie. "Is this PS3 or PS4?" (on dying light quick look)

Regret buying both the bone and the ps4 honestly, just buying multi plats on my PC right now. Both of the consoles are honestly pretty garbage given the specs and lack of quality exclusives.

Man I love Rorie. "Is this PS3 or PS4?" (on dying light quick look)

Regret buying both the bone and the ps4 honestly, just buying multi plats on my PC right now. Both of the consoles are honestly pretty garbage given the specs and lack of quality exclusives.

Yeah...I couldn't take it. Not sure how people are content with playing lesser versions of games and paying the same price for them. Actually, you'll probably be spending more on console versions of games since there is always some sort of sale going on for the PC.

I had to sell my PS4. I'm good with just having my Wii U and PC.

Dan is crazy.

I want McDonalds breakfast food all day. Fuck a quarter pounder.

Dan's argument is okay (I've only accidentally shown up to a McDonalds during breakfast hours once, and it is a letdown. You walk in expecting a burger/mcnuggets - no McMuffin will satisfy that need.) - but his phrasing of "Breakfast food is always the worst option" is just baffling.

The food discussion on the panel got hella-weird. KFC's potatoes aren't that good - they're way too salty, and sometimes the texture is inconsistent. They're certainly better than my meager expectations for fast food potatoes - but I'd take their wedges & a side of sweet corn anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom