• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjin M

I like Dark Souls 2, but then again, I think Dark Souls 2 is the only game I properly played from 2014

Dark Souls II was a top five game for me. Even though I didn't fall in love with it like I did with Dark Souls, it was still a good game.

someone needs to tell Ashcraft that just because he lives in Japan it doesn't mean that hairdo is okay on him

Maybe his wife likes him that way. (He is married, right?)

Myggen

no kidding. Gearbox is pretty high on my list of developers that I don't trust to make decent, working products, so I'm hoping against hope that they didn't find a way to screw it up.

The word on the performance of the multiplayer (from the beta?) is not good, so that's not a good sign. But I'm never gonna play the game online, so as long as the SP works fine I'm golden. Visually the game looks pretty stunning.

Alfredo

VGCW vs Dangan Wrestling is well overdue

When I was talking to Alex at PAX South, someone noticed my mWo shirt and asked me what the "M" stood for. This lead me to explaining Danganwrestling to Alex, and he expressed some sort of interest. I handed him my card, and he said he'd actually watch it and tell Patrick about it. I dunno if he'll actually do it, but it'd be cool if he did!

komplanen

What does that even mean?

Most people who played Demon's Souls and Dark Souls would not have voted for Dark Souls 2 into a top 10 and as high as GB community did. I'm saying it makes sense because people most of GB duders likely got their start with the GB streams and thus are new to the series.

DS2 ain't got shit on DaS or DeS

Myggen

Most people who played Demon's Souls and Dark Souls would not have voted for Dark Souls 2 into a top 10 and as high as GB community did. I'm saying it makes sense because people most of GB duders likely got their start with the GB streams and thus are new to the series.

The GB community voted Dark Souls as the second best game of last generation, behind Mass Effect 2. So that theory is probably out the window.

Tucah

you speak so well

DS2 might have been the weakest of the three games but it was absolutely one of my ten favorite games of the last year (and I'm not new to the series).

Myggen

Dark souls 2 is easily better than 1. The gameplay is a massive upgrade. I can't even go back now.

I never had as big a problem with the combat in DS2 as some others did, but the main problem with DS2 for me was the world and the boss design.

It's still a great game though.

You know, I really don't understand the Shadow of Mordor hype. I love Lord of the Rings stuff, but it just looks like the same thing over and over again in that game. I've yet to see anything in videos that has shown me otherwise. I just finished Bayonetta 2 last night and man... it's just bizarre to me that it's not higher up on most lists. It's just an amazing, amazing game. The ending's pretty sad, too.

Myggen

You know, I really don't understand the Shadow of Mordor hype. I love Lord of the Rings stuff, but it just looks like the same thing over and over again in that game. I've yet to see anything in videos that has shown me otherwise. I just finished Bayonetta 2 last night and man... it's just bizarre to me that it's not higher up on most lists. It's just an amazing, amazing game. The ending's pretty sad, too.

The reason Bayo 2 is not higher on most lists, GAF excepted (and GB, and some others) is that it's on a platform not many people own. That's mostly it. Multiplatform games will always have a huge advantage on consensus and community lists.

Also, you'll find plenty of people who agree with you about Mordor, as seen in the GB GOTY thread. I personally love the game, but I admit that it's heavily flawed in several aspects (story especially).

I thought Kotaku had at least one Japanese person. I dunno, I figured with the name like that.

GiantBomb sounds like they would have a staff member that likes ketchup on their hot dog. Gross.

Squishy3

You should see a doctor :p
Despite its shortcomings compared to DS1, it's still one of the best games released this year. Not like there was too much competition, though. Says more about the actual year in gaming more than anything else.

I thought Kotaku had at least one Japanese person. I dunno, I figured with the name like that.

GiantBomb sounds like they would have a staff member that likes ketchup on their hot dog. Gross.
Er, not Fahey, Bashcraft. That's the one. He lives in Japan, though he's not Japanese.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

I prefer it to DS1, it has much better multiplayer and more consistant levels, didn't know some people consider it that bad. Honestly, Dark Souls 1 after Anor Londo was pretty disaapointing.

jPXlAIgWNjmPq.PNG

sjack

Banned
I prefer it to DS1, it has much better multiplayer and more consistant levels, didn't know some people consider it that bad. Honestly, Dark Souls 1 after Anor Londo was pretty disaapointing.

I never got this complaint: the DLC, Duke's archive and New Londo were pretty cool. Tomb of the Giants and Lost Izalith can fuck off though.

Bacon

I never got this complaint: the DLC, Duke's archive and New Londo were pretty cool. Tomb of the Giants and Lost Izalith can fuck off though.

Lost Izalith feels like an entirely different game from the rest of Dark Souls. I'm baffled that the same people that designed the first half of that game had anything to do with Izalith. Such a shitty area.

sjack

Banned
Lost Izalith feels like an entirely different game from the rest of Dark Souls. I'm baffled that the same people that designed the first half of that game had anything to do with Izalith. Such a shitty area.

Everything about it (especially the last boss there) screams of unfinished.

This is the only Giant Bomb group shot I need

Who's that in the back you can't barely see? Shawn Coonce?

"We're here to tell you about the LIMBS system."

*bursts into laughter*

Tales may be one of the biggest, longest-term series GB has never touched.

GB community top 10 list.

Mordor, motherfucker!

/shrug

Allotta people liked that game, why? Dunno even after much explanation, but they like it a damn lot.

Dark Souls 2 is a game

KEEP YOUR FIERY, CONTROVERSIAL OPINIONS TO YOURSELF, MAN!

Got both my Run GFB bootleg-ass shirt from TeeSpring and Puyo Puyo Tetris from Japan via Ebay.

I did cancel my NatureBox sub, so, I'm not a complete whore. Wait, that probably actually directly affects the guys. Crap. Doing it all wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom