• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Random PC game is still my favorite feature GB has ever done

There's some misses (Baldur's Gate 2, Outcast except for that one amazing moment, MechWarrior), but the highs of Random PC Game are all some of the best content on the site. My favourite piece of content on the site has probably become Mario Party Party 2, but the best of Random PC Game are all up there.

sjack

Banned
I actually watched the Burn Cycle and Blade Runner videos last week. Blade Runner was pretty cool and did some really impressive things graphically for its time. Burn Cycle not so much :V

Anjin M

I actually watched the Burn Cycle and Blade Runner videos last week. Blade Runner was pretty cool and did some really impressive things graphically for its time. Burn Cycle not so much :V

I liked Blade Runner quite a bit back in the day. It's too bad that it's such a pain to get installed and running now.

There's some misses (Baldur's Gate 2, Outcast except for that one amazing moment, MechWarrior), but the highs of Random PC Game are all some of the best content on the site. My favourite piece of content on the site has probably become Mario Party Party 2, but the best of Random PC Game is all up there.

Yeah for sure, though I have a major nostalgia factor going on for both Outcast and MechWarrior 4 so that made those ones enjoyable to me even if they aren't in the upper pantheon. Also as much of a bummer as it was to lose the Blade Runner save, it gave us the gift of Omikron, so all is right in the world.

Bacon

Dave and Vinny are still going to fix that save and finish blade runner right?

Right guys?

Brakke

Banned
yeah yeah I know don't talk about endurance runs

I wonder if Dan will ever make a go at an Endurance Run. If there's one thing that dude has, it's endurance. An indomitable will, you might say. I guess the problem is he'd have to rope someone in with him. And nowadays that's really just Jeff or Brad.

Shoulda done Metal Gear Scanlon as an Endurance Run, but I guess maybe Drew can't commit to something on that schedule.

Tucah

you speak so well
yeah yeah I know don't talk about endurance runs

I wonder if Dan will ever make a go at an Endurance Run. If there's one thing that dude has, it's endurance. An indomitable will, you might say. I guess the problem is he'd have to rope someone in with him. And nowadays that's really just Jeff or Brad.

Shoulda done Metal Gear Scanlon as an Endurance Run, but I guess maybe Drew can't commit to something on that schedule.

I don't think there will ever be another ER purely because they probably don't want to be tied to a schedule like that. Yes, the daily thing was great but we're still getting full playthroughs of games in other features and that's fine by me.

Myggen

I don't think there will ever be another ER purely because they probably don't want to be tied to a schedule like that. Yes, the daily thing was great but we're still getting full playthroughs of games in other features and that's fine by me.

Yeah, I think something like MGScanlon is just as good as an ER even though the schedule is different.

At 59 seconds in, I see an alternate spelling of my name (Jon Ratcliff->John Ratcliffe) and am a little confused as to whether or not I went back in time and programmed a crappy FMV game. That just seems like something I would do. Born too late to program crappy FMV games. Born too early to program beamed-straight-to-your-brain games. Born just in time to program free-to-play mobile games.

Watched the ending to MGS3 again, I still cry like a baby every time
Snake/Big Boss salutes The Boss' unmarked grave and his face very subtlety distorts from pure grief to rage at his betrayal.
Over a decade later, still gets me.

Zebetite

Banned
On the topic of Endurance Runs and Metal Gear Scanlon:

By my quick math, we've had over 35 hours of Solid Scanlon Adventures thus far. Metal Gear Solids 1 and 2 are the shortest MGS games. It's a reasonable estimate that by the time they get to the end of MGS4 (and that's not even considering whether or not they get into Peace Walker), Metal Gear Scanlon will be past 80 hours of content.

It's definitely an Endurance Run-level undertaking, it just so happens to allow them to schedule some off-time in a way that the Endurance Run didn't. I'm 100% okay with it-- the heart and soul of the Endurance Run for me is more about the long-term commitment than the daily nature of it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Really, dumb Indian soap opera?

kTjTcIp.png

Guess you'll have to catch the shitty twitch archive. :(

I hope neither Dan nor Drew get irritated by the number of voices asking when Metal Gear Scanlon 3 is coming.

Hey Dan, when is Metal Gear Scanlon 3 coming ?

Myggen

Giantbomb is so dry at the moment. Feels like there is so little new content coming out.

Three streams on Thursday and Friday last week that will probably be archived, two QLs a day give or take, Powerbombcast, a couple of panels. For a pax week, that's a lot. We'll see how this week turns out, Dan has some premium plans.

Myggen

Brad said on Twitter that he should upload the archive of his two streams last week, so I expect that to go up on the site. Hope Vinny does the same with his stream.

santeesioux

I just can't look away from that shit, and still follow it pretty closely. I wish I didn't, but it has some weird fascination to me.

I need to stop.

It's one of those things where everyone involved are assholes. It was fun to laugh at the whole affair, but I can't believe anyone still cares.

komplanen

I'm watching the Mario Party videos and currently on the first one I can't believe Drew, Brad, and Dan used to have baby faces. They look so unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom