• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after following GiantBomb off and on for several years, I finally purchased premium. After I spent $35 on really shitty pizza and wings on Sunday, the value proposition for their discount was put into a completely new perspective. Can't wait for this ALL ACCESS PASS to the HOTTEST GAMING COVERAGE this side of GEOFF KEIGHLEY'S PERSONAL DIARY

Is there a way to download the premium podcasts from iTunes, or do they have to be downloaded directly from the site? Also, are any of the premium podcasts worth checking out besides Power Bombcast? I don't have any interest in F1, and I'm not sure whatever premium podcasts there are.

popo

I might skip this weeks bombast. Too over hyped. Like the more people tell Jeff to watch the latest blockbuster movie the less likely it is to happen.

Is there a way to download the premium podcasts from iTunes, or do they have to be downloaded directly from the site? Also, are any of the premium podcasts worth checking out besides Power Bombcast? I don't have any interest in F1, and I'm not sure whatever premium podcasts there are.

there is an RSS feed for premium, not sure if that works in itunes. I don't use that shit :D

http://www.giantbomb.com/feeds/

AcridMeat

Banned
I might skip this weeks bombast. Too over hyped. Like the more people tell Jeff to watch the latest blockbuster movie the less likely it is to happen.
That's interesting logic. Others' excitement shouldn't have any impact of your own consumption, especially if you're listening when it goes up.

It isn't like with those movies because typically they're people who have already watched it suggesting Jeff should. That I understand completely because it happens to me all the time. I didn't try Dark Souls for a long time because of GAF.

edit: Reading it over my point is still a little vague. Basically if I'm already interested in something, others' hype isn't going to stop me. If it's something that wasn't on my radar that gets endless hyperbolic praise after the fact, I'm less likely to check it out.

Myggen

That's interesting logic. Others' excitement shouldn't have any impact of your own consumption, especially if you're listening when it goes up.

It isn't like with those movies because typically they're people who have already watched it suggesting Jeff should. That I understand completely because it happens to me all the time. I didn't try Dark Souls for a long time because of GAF.

edit: Reading it over my point is still a little vague. Basically if I'm already interested in something, others' hype isn't going to stop me. If it's something that wasn't on my radar that gets endless hyperbolic praise after the fact, I'm less likely to check it out.

I think popo was kidding.

I don't know iTunes all that well, but if there's an advanced option for adding the premium bombcast feed ( http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast-xml/premiumbombcast/ ), you'll need to put in your premium login credentials.

I hope that if they do play Smash, it's not for too long. I don't like playing it, let alone watching it.

I'm not completely self centred though, so I hope some of you get your wish.

Volotaire

I hope that if they do play Smash, it's not for too long. I don't like playing it, let alone watching it.

I'm not completely self centred though, so I hope some of you get your wish.

I just want to see them have a bit of fun with everyone. I hope there's some more oddball funny games with the whole gang back too.

Xater

It's not about loving Smash

It's about seeing them in absolute chaos with Dan laughing maniacally

Smash also actually requires effort and attention to be played so it makes for bad content. It's not the fun bullshit you get with Mario party because everyone can just talk all the time.

u5sL5QZ.jpg

dang. standard twitter disclaimer, read bottom to top

Dany

Banned
They did miss a Tuesday after going to TGS. I think that was the only time though.
They recorded a podcast on the 12th. Sunday. There was a podcast that week and on the 21st, the following week was the return.

They haven't skipped a week. :p

Ketch

They did miss a Tuesday after going to TGS. I think that was the only time though.

Yea, I remember that. That's why they've never gone back to TGS and if I remember correctly it's when Brad first started talking about leaving giant bomb.

I still cant believe the rumors that brad might be leaving soon. I know that being a Lets Player looks like a no brainer, but man the site just wont be the same

So its possible that drew hasn't played mgs2 for almost 2 weeks now. I'm not saying that the next episode is going to be rough, but I think it's best that we hope for the best but are prepared for the worst spy in human history to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom